• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 277.
#6651 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Mr_tantrum, those worked great, thanks!
GrimDog - I've been looking for a plastic set for a while and haven't been able to find one. Pretty much everyone is sold out at this point.

You're welcome. Fortunate timing for you that I recently rebuilt mine.

#6652 6 years ago

Does anyone have a translite for sale?

#6653 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I'm cataloging things I need to buy in this rebuild. Does anyone know where to get a plastics kit? The sites I checked are all sold out. Do they even repo them anymore?

Are yours broken/missing or just warped/scratched/discolored?

I've replaced select ones on mine that were scratched, but polished and did a heat and flattening treatment on everything else. They came out of the process looking much better (very shiny and flat), even with their slight aged yellowing.

#6654 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Does anyone have a translite for sale?

PM MJW as he had a couple available 3 weeks or so ago.

#6655 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

out of stock there too

About the only thing to do now is contact CPR and ask them if they have another run planned....everybody who needs a set should do that. If they know there's a demand they just might run it. For all they know there's no demand.

#6656 6 years ago

They have done two runs i think already. Highly doubtful they will do another but you never know !
Put an ad on pinside looking for a set. Lots of guys purchased a set in case they might end up with a Getaway but never did. Cant hurt.

#6657 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

PM MJW as he had a couple available 3 weeks or so ago.

PM sent.

#6658 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6659 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

They have done two runs i think already. Highly doubtful they will do another but you never know !
Put an ad on pinside looking for a set. Lots of guys purchased a set in case they might end up with a Getaway but never did. Cant hurt.

If only they could do a set that has orange instead of that light pinkish color.

#6660 6 years ago

I looked my plastics over today. Looks like none are trashed but these need some work.

IMG_0259 (resized).JPGIMG_0259 (resized).JPG

IMG_0260 (resized).JPGIMG_0260 (resized).JPG

#6661 6 years ago

I was looking at an LED list a couple of people compiled for Getaway and they all list three red 89's. I can see where whites would go; Where would these reds go?

#6662 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

I was looking at an LED list a couple of people compiled for Getaway and they all list three red 89's. I can see where whites would go; Where would these reds go?

Did you happen to look at my list? Not sure what I show, but can look later. http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#6663 6 years ago

Had fun modding a mod! Reverse printed those little guys on clear laminate, then sticked them to the back of the donut shop windows. I used Mr Tantrum graphics and modified them a bit.

IMG_7201 (resized).JPGIMG_7201 (resized).JPG
IMG_7204 (resized).JPGIMG_7204 (resized).JPG

#6664 6 years ago

#6665 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Had fun modding a mod! Reverse printed those little guys on clear laminate, then sticked them to the back of the donut shop windows. I used Mr Tantrum graphics and modified them a bit.

Looks like a happenin' place now!

#6666 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Okay, I looked through my original list and I did not use any #89 Reds. However, I've since made several changes to my LED scheme, and I now have #89 reds in my left and right sling flashers, and I think I also put one in my left ramp flasher (underneath entrance to the SC).

#6667 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

That looks great.

#6668 6 years ago

How do y'all think I can fix this problem? At any point in the game, the ball kicks out into the shooter lane, hits off the right lane wall, and falls partially back into the knockout trough, stopping play unless I nudge it or let it do a ball search and kick it out again. Happening more frequently now. Wondering what to do. Thanks, speeders!

#6669 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

How do y'all think I can fix this problem? At any point in the game, the ball kicks out into the shooter lane, hits off the right lane wall, and falls partially back into the knockout trough, stopping play unless I nudge it or let it do a ball search and kick it out again. Happening more frequently now. Wondering what to do. Thanks, speeders!

Yeah mine does that too sometimes. I was going to try a piece of adhesive backed felt, the type that is used to line either side of the play field to prevent scratching mirror blades. I haven't been playing my machine lately so didn't get around to it. This may absorb the impact and hence the bounce back, it's a thought anyway

#6670 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Mine never ever does this. Do you have a lot of wear at the eject hole area or something? Maybe a cliffy would help. Mines just starting to wear there so i ordered a cliffy the other day.

#6671 6 years ago

Yea I got enough wear that a Cliffy would probably solve the problem, but I'd like to keep the original look there and not use one. Was thinks by maybe I need to replace the spring, if there is one, that pushes the ball to the eject site.

#6672 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yea I got enough wear that a Cliffy would probably solve the problem, but I'd like to keep the original look there and not use one. Was thinks by maybe I need to replace the spring, if there is one, that pushes the ball to the eject site.

Put a piece of making tape over the wear just for a couple tests to see if it has any effect.

#6673 6 years ago

Charger... Bend this guide slightly toward the balls until the problem stops. The wear has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Image31.jpgImage31.jpg

#6674 6 years ago

TheOnlyest once again came through with the answer. My guide was bent all the way to the right. Bent it in some and now the ball hits it and drops down to the plunger. Thanks again, Steve!

#6675 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

theonlyest once again came through with the answer. My guide was bent all the way to the right. Bent it in some and now the ball hits it and drops down to the plunger. Thanks again, Steve!

Yer welcome bud.

#6676 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Charger... Bend this guide slightly toward the balls until the problem stops. The wear has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Darn, I was kind of excited about the path the redneck tape solution was taking down

#6678 6 years ago

Since i'm in such a chatty mood, I decided to share how I made my speaker panel gauges light up without spending $225. I did this for free and about 4 hours of work... But I have a ton of spare parts, but if you had to buy the stuff to do it, it would cost under $20.

IMG_0489_2.JPGIMG_0489_2.JPG

#6679 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Since i'm in such a chatty mood, I decided to share how I made my speaker panel gauges light up without spending $225. I did this for free and about 4 hours of work... But I have a ton of spare parts, but if you had to buy the stuff to do it, it would cost under $20.

Looks great, how did you do it?

#6680 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Looks great, how did you do it?

Piece a cake... (Yes, I know the DMD is upside-down in the pic, I realized it before I put it back in the game.)

Image1.jpgImage1.jpg

#6681 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Piece a cake... (Yes, I know the DMD is upside-down in the pic, I realized it before I put it back in the game.)

I gotta get a hole saw kit now.

#6682 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Looks really good. The gauges really pop. I also seen a guy light the kingpin plate on the translite which I liked.

#6683 6 years ago

That looks really sharp. The only extra thing I've done on the backbox is change out the standard bulbs for slow blinkers behind the helicopters, to make it look like their navigation lights.

#6684 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Awesome! This has been on my DIY to do list. I put a little thought into it, but that is all. Thanks for the posts!

#6685 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I also seen a guy light the kingpin plate on the translite which I liked.

Yeah, I remember seeing that too sometime back. I wonder who it could have been that did that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/115#post-3694340

#6686 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Where did you tap in to get power for the new gauge lighting?

#6687 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, I remember seeing that too sometime back. I wonder who it could have been that did that?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/115#post-3694340

Should have known that was you....

#6688 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Should have known that was you....

Actually, I think I may have "borrowed" the idea, but I did put my own twist on it.

#6689 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Where did you tap in to get power for the new gauge lighting?

GI in the insert panel.

#6690 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Darn, I was kind of excited about the path the redneck tape solution was taking down

It was heading towards proving (or not) the need for a cliffy. But i misunderstood what was really happening. Not an issue i had encountered on this game.

#6691 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice work there, makes the gauges really pop. Love this kind of thinking!

#6692 6 years ago

Hey guys. Anyone ever replaced the plastic inserts for this game? I would like to swap mine out to all clear ones. Except the stop light target inserts. Those will still be red, green, yellow. Looking for feedback. Has this been done yet? Would this alter the look of the game too much? Do's and Don'ts please. I will be doing an automotive clear coat over the PF when done too. Thanks.

#6693 6 years ago

Stuck in 2nd gear? Can't drive 55? If your answer to either of these question is a definitive "yes", then by all means Getaway to my newly available PinSound mix! I made a few corrections/mods to the orchestration, and it just became available for download.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/222-getawayhs2-v7_mixedartists_customcallouts_mrtantrum

#6694 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Hey guys. Anyone ever replaced the plastic inserts for this game? I would like to swap mine out to all clear ones. Except the stop light target inserts. Those will still be red, green, yellow. Looking for feedback. Has this been done yet? Would this alter the look of the game too much? Do's and Don'ts please. I will be doing an automotive clear coat over the PF when done too. Thanks.

Have you checked out Vids pf restoration guide?

#6695 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you checked out Vids pf restoration guide?

I know how to do the job. Done it before. Just not with this game yet. Was asking for aesthetics and possible difficulty with the design of the game.

#6696 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I know how to do the job. Done it before. Just not with this game yet. Was asking for aesthetics and possible difficulty with the design of the game.

Shouldn't be too difficult to mockup on the computer. Is plan to go color LEDs or all white? Personally, would consider keeping tach with color inserts (clear and red), but think others would look good clear with color LEDs.

#6697 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Shouldn't be too difficult to mockup on the computer. Is plan to go color LEDs or all white? Personally, would consider keeping tach with color inserts (clear and red), but think others would look good clear with color LEDs.

Yes, colored LED's indeed. With all clear it gives me more variety to play with. I'm keeping the stop light target inserts green, yellow, and red. But thinking of every other insert being clear with whatever LED color I want under it.

I'm thinking that with the game turned off it would probably look weird, but with all the lights going while being played - it would look great. Either way I'm removing the inserts due to the decals and inserts being damaged. Just debating on the color of the inserts themselves.

#6698 6 years ago

Just make sure its what you want as there is no going back. Also might hurt resale value if you ever decide to sell it .

#6699 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I see.

#6700 6 years ago

Almost done with the rebuild but now I have two stray female connectors that I don't know where they go to. Both are located near the flipper buttons and are the same colors as the wires that attach to the flipper assemblies. Any insight?

IMG_7287 (resized).JPGIMG_7287 (resized).JPG

IMG_7288 (resized).JPGIMG_7288 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/134?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.