• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 277.
#6601 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No that's just because your cheap.

Bite me Paul !!! LOL. You already busted my balls about that Space Shuttle backglass that i let go to shit. You only get to diss me once a month if im correct no ?

#6603 6 years ago

Wow, that was easy !

#6604 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Just dont bother with the "ultra cool" "ultra shiny" balls. Get the ordinary pinballs for the best price and just change them once every year or so or when they start to look a little rough. I dont care what anyone says, anything more than that is money wasted.

That's what I was saying. If they're shiny and clean they're good.

#6605 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Bite me Paul !!! LOL. You already busted my balls about that Space Shuttle backglass that i let go to shit. You only get to diss me once a month if im correct no ?

Oh but it's soooo much fun.....but I'll be a good boy.

#6606 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! I've never seen ball trails that bad on metal ramps before

Me neither You'd think the previous balls being used were made out of licorice

#6607 6 years ago

New balls will go to waste if you don't cleanup the playfield first. If you search PS you will find a thread dedicated to tearing down the SC. Worked great for me and I took advantage and cleaned up everything you can't get to while it is off.

We have all has SC issues, and plenty of advice in this thread and other specific ones. Most common problem seems to be opto related. I have replaced all 5 pair in mine, and life has been good ever since.

#6608 6 years ago

Okay, thanks to everyone who gave input on a PinSound soundtrack of various artists. I took several of your suggestions, as well as many of my own, to build a customer orchestration. Sorry if your selections didn't make the cut, but you can always do your own orchestration. Getting ready to test during real gameplay, then I will make whatever adjustments are necessary and post to PinSound Community. In the interim, here is the playlist.

PinSound_Playlist.jpgPinSound_Playlist.jpg

BTW, if you haven't downloaded my U2 version, it is great (assuming you like U2). Played to 2 of my top 3 scores with this one, and it is currently my favorite. Also, I think I'm about done with orchestrations for awhile, except for one more where I am assisting a user from France who is having trouble finishing his (some kind of music I've never heard). Anyway, I hope all of you PinSound owners are enjoying these, and if you don't have a PinSound then by all means get one! You have no idea on the experience you are missing out on.

Update: Orchestration has been tweaked, uploaded to PinSound Community, and is awaiting approval.

#6609 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh but it's soooo much fun.....but I'll be a good boy.

No you wont, but its much more fun that way !

#6610 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

No you wont, but its much more fun that way !

Man you gotta come over some evening and play, when your in town that is.

#6611 6 years ago

Starting to sound like some kind of twisted 50 shades between you two. Back to pinball, pleaaaaase?

#6612 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, thanks to everyone who gave input on a PinSound soundtrack of various artists. I took several of your suggestions, as well as many of my own, to build a customer orchestration. Sorry if your selections didn't make the cut, but you can always do your own orchestration. Getting ready to test during real gameplay, then I will make whatever adjustments are necessary and post to PinSound Community. In the interim, here is the playlist.

BTW, if you haven't downloaded my U2 version, it is great (assuming you like U2). Played to 2 of my top 3 scores with this one, and it is currently my favorite. Also, I think I'm about done with orchestrations for awhile, except for one more where I am assisting a user from France who is having trouble finishing his (some kind of music I've never heard). Anyway, I hope all of you PinSound owners are enjoying these, and if you don't have a PinSound then by all means get one! You have no idea on the experience you are missing out on.
Update: Orchestration has been tweaked, uploaded to PinSound Community, and is awaiting approval.

I made the cut!!!

#6613 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Starting to sound like some kind of twisted 50 shades between you two. Back to pinball, pleaaaaase?

Well if I had anything to say about pinball I'd say it.

#6614 6 years ago

Cleaned the years of ball trails off the supercharger metals and polished them up. Fixed my issue of the ball not making the loop and plopping out. Ball is blazing fast now through the supercharger.

#6615 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Cleaned the years of ball trails off the supercharger metals and polished them up. Fixed my issue of the ball not making the loop and plopping out. Ball is blazing fast now through the supercharger.

Great. What was the fix for the SC?

#6616 6 years ago

Clean ramps

#6617 6 years ago

Mr_Tantrum , I forgot to suggest
You add this most appropriate song to you alternative pinsound soundtrack;

#6618 6 years ago

Certainly helps !

#6619 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

mr_tantrum , I forgot to suggest
You add this most appropriate song to you alternative pinsound soundtrack;

Love the tune but not sure if it has the shit for a pin. Just sayin .

#6620 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Love the tune but not sure if it has the shit for a pin. Just sayin .

True. Then this one should have the stainless balls to make the cut;

#6621 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I knew that would do the trick!!

#6622 6 years ago

Here's a good sign.

IMG_1422 (resized).JPGIMG_1422 (resized).JPG

#6623 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Here's a good sign.

Bwahahahaha!!

I love it when you see a HUMP sign but there is a B label over the H. I always think "I know what you REALLY say!"

#6624 6 years ago

Gotta get some practice in. League Night tomorrow.

IMG_1424 (resized).JPGIMG_1424 (resized).JPG

#6625 6 years ago

I hope the HS 2 game you play plays like yours. Have fun.

#6626 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope the HS 2 game you play plays like yours. Have fun.

Its like cars, even the nice ones all drive a little differently ..

#6628 6 years ago

No Getaway on this league night. The host has Waterworld, World Cup Soccer 94, Big Guns, Bobby Orr's Power Play, and Gay 90's.

#6629 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, new mixed artist orchestration is now available for download on PinSound community: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

FYI, posting an updated file (after playing several times, wanted to adjust the lane and main theme arrangements). I will PM site admin, so should be available soon.

#6630 6 years ago

ok as i said some pics of my fully restored custom hs 2

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 001 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 001 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 003 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 003 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 004 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 004 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 005 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 005 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 006 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 006 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 018 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 018 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 019 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 019 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 021 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 021 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 023 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 023 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 022 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 022 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 007 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 007 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 008 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 008 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 009 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 009 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 012 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 012 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 013 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 013 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 014 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 014 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 015 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 015 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 016 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 016 (resized).JPG

GETAWAY SUPER MINT 017 (resized).JPGGETAWAY SUPER MINT 017 (resized).JPG

HS2 PLAYFIELD 002 (resized).JPGHS2 PLAYFIELD 002 (resized).JPG

HS2 PLAYFIELD 003 (resized).JPGHS2 PLAYFIELD 003 (resized).JPG

HS2 PLAYFIELD 009 (resized).JPGHS2 PLAYFIELD 009 (resized).JPG

HS2 PLAYFIELD 008 (resized).JPGHS2 PLAYFIELD 008 (resized).JPG

#6631 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

Wow! I saw those pics and I...

IMG_1453 (resized).JPGIMG_1453 (resized).JPG

#6632 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

Oh man that looks great. My and beatmaster's mods would look great on it, really light up the front of the cab.

#6633 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

Beautiful job! I really like all of the red, and playfield looks gorgeous. Well done!

#6634 6 years ago

I really need to do a full tear down on my game and replace the switches, pops and clean it...dreading this as its my first pin.

#6635 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

I really need to do a full tear down on my game and replace the switches, pops and clean it...dreading this as its my first pin.

Just take LOTS of pictures and you'll be fine.

#6636 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just take LOTS of pictures and you'll be fine.

This! And make sure your fridge is fully stocked with your favorite beer. Very important !! Do not miss this step or you will be in big trouble !!!

#6637 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

And make sure your fridge is fully stocked with your favorite beer. Very important !! Do not miss this step or you will be in big trouble !!!

#6638 6 years ago

ODD DOUBLE VIDEO MODE BUG.

I've played Getaway hundreds of times and have never seen this before---

So I've been playing my Getaway a lot in the last two weeks and stumbled upon a bug that I thought was cool. I have not tried to replicate it again but I am going to try again with the glass off at some point. Here's what happened...

I am running L2 rom.

I was playing a normal 1 player game (tournament settings) and video mode was lit. I entered the saucer shot and played a normal video mode BUT I was not awarded any points for it. Immediately after the end of that mode the ball remained in the saucer, and a 2nd video mode immediately started and I played it again and was awarded the standard highest video mode total you can earn (top speed). The game then continues normally with no other issues.

Here's how it was done:
The video mode was lit BUT, there was exactly ONE red light left to attain for the final lock. So, instead of awarding the end of video mode bonus, the program entered some odd state I've never seen. I can't recall if the final lock was lit after that second video mode but I believe that it did award me lighting it and played the run red light animation.

Anyone else ever experience this?

#6639 6 years ago

Weird!! Im using L2 and have never seen this. Curious if it was just a one time glitch or if anyone else has experienced this ?

#6640 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So I've been playing my Getaway a lot in the last two weeks and stumbled upon a bug that I thought was cool. I have not tried to replicate it again but I am going to try again with the glass off at some point. Here's what happened...
I am running L2 rom.
I was playing a normal 1 player game (tournament settings) and video mode was lit. I entered the saucer shot and played a normal video mode BUT I was not awarded any points for it. Immediately after the end of that mode the ball remained in the saucer, and a 2nd video mode immediately started and I played it again and was awarded the standard highest video mode total you can earn (top speed). The game then continues normally with no other issues.
Here's how it was done:
The video mode was lit BUT, there was exactly ONE red light left to attain for the final lock. So, instead of awarding the end of video mode bonus, the program entered some odd state I've never seen. I can't recall if the final lock was lit after that second video mode but I believe that it did award me lighting it and played the run red light animation.

I have not, but now I want to!

#6641 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I am running L2 rom.
Here's how it was done:

L2 here and in my 14 years owning the pin I've never seen this happen but I do not have it setup in tournament so perhaps that's the difference.

#6642 6 years ago

After trying six more times, I have accomplished this feat a second time. So, I've done it twice now.

BOTH times I had two balls locked and both video mode and burn rubber inserts were lit when entering the saucer. Again, just one red insert remained unlit on the PF when entering the saucer.

Also worth noting is that on the video mode, I believe that you need to complete the first mode in order to get the second one to occur.

I'm going to try and get it on camera now.

#6643 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm going to try and get it on camera now.

Yeah, video or it didnt happen lol

#6644 6 years ago

Does anyone have or can take some clear photos underneath the pop bumpers? Rebuilding these but took them apart a while ago and pictures we took aren't as clear as we thought!

#6645 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Does anyone have or can take some clear photos underneath the pop bumpers? Rebuilding these but took them apart a while ago and pictures we took aren't as clear as we thought!

Does this help?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/126#post-3811853

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/126#post-3813426

FYI, I used heat shrink tubing for wire insulation (black part you see on leads).

#6646 6 years ago

I'm cataloging things I need to buy in this rebuild. Does anyone know where to get a plastics kit? The sites I checked are all sold out. Do they even repo them anymore?

#6647 6 years ago

CPR did a set about a year ago. I bought a set. If they are sold out and all the north American distributors are also sold out, check pinball Australia and Ministry of pinball (I think they are in Germany). A lot of times they still have stuff in that other locally are sold out of.

#6648 6 years ago

out of stock there too

#6649 6 years ago

Mr_tantrum, those worked great, thanks!

GrimDog - I've been looking for a plastic set for a while and haven't been able to find one. Pretty much everyone is sold out at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/133?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.