• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 277.
#6501 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I went hog wild with them

There's a line in a Beatles song >>> "I am the egg man" but i changed it just for you MP >> "I am the LED man"

#6502 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

There's a line in a Beatles song >>> "I am the egg man" but i changed it just for you MP >> "I am the LED man"

Sheet I'm just a rookie that knows how to attach a + wire to a + wire and a - wire to a - wire. But I do have a good imagination......just ask my old girlfriends. By the way Mancave how's your Winter goin down there?

#6503 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Again, please don't PM me asking for stuff that is absolutely no longer available on my site. Really, I don't want to talk to anyone about it.

Yes we can ! Rick is a Dick !

#6504 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, MP, I think of you just about every time I launch a ball into the supercharger. I still absolutely love the red LED strip around the rim of the sc. The flashing lights pop, and just make everything more exciting. Great idea, and everyone that comes over to play my Getaway loves the light show too.

I did something very cool with the hairpin turn with leds. You guys will love it. Pic coming soon !

#6505 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yes we can ! Rick is a Dick !

and "what Rick does not know will not hurt him".

#6506 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I did something very cool with the hairpin turn with leds. You guys will love it. Pic coming soon !

Cool, show & tell.

#6507 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

how's your Winter goin down there

Lacking in rain and cold nights........mmmmm not by you guys standards but cold enough
Mod progress has been zilch unfortunately trying to get 2 upright arcade cabs finished to sell off, doing resto on the Bride, playing a new pin in the lineup and "perhaps" drinking a tad too much of the home brew honey bourbon

#6508 6 years ago

Just finished and in process of uploading my latest PinSound orchestration for the Getaway to PinSound Community. Again, this one is all ZZ Top with song vocals, and thanks to Mike_M (please show him some love here in the thread) all new professionally recorded call outs (i.e. voice tracks). The new high quality voices add a lot to the overall game experience, so download when the file is approved, enjoy, and let us know what you think.

FYI: Also, adding a version with new call-outs that uses techno La Granja as main theme song.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

#6509 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Lacking in rain and cold nights........mmmmm not by you guys standards but cold enough
Mod progress has been zilch unfortunately trying to get 2 upright arcade cabs finished to sell off, doing resto on the Bride, playing a new pin in the lineup and "perhaps" drinking a tad too much of the home brew honey bourbon

Sounds like your having fun. Carry on.

#6510 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished and in process of uploading my latest PinSound orchestration for the Getaway to PinSound Community.
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

Awesome job @mr_tantrum! Just played a couple more games and love the sound package. It would have taken me forever to get the new voice callouts cut up and ready so I'm thrilled you got them incorporated so quickly. Two things I learned from this: 1) Where are a lot of the callouts in the game? - for instance, I seem to never hear the "Get in, hold on, and shut up" lines while playing. 2) Getting voice actors to vocalize lines as you picture them in your mind is a lot harder to do than I expected.

PinSound is finding itself entering the same category as ColorDMD... once you try it you never go back.

#6511 6 years ago

Just uploaded another PinSound orchestration to the Pinsound Community site for approval. This one is all U2 tracks like I mentioned the other day I wanted to do. Going to take a break now, but I may pursue everyone's suggestions for other songs at a later time.

FYI, here are my song mappings for everything I have done.

Getaway Orchestration Music Tracks.jpgGetaway Orchestration Music Tracks.jpg

#6512 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

All that has me thinking. After my U2 project, maybe I should do an all driving/car music theme from various songs/artists of the period. Keep the song titles coming.

Molly Hatchet-"Flirtin' with Disaster". I
Got lots more. Will check my Driving Playlist

#6513 6 years ago

Doing a clean-up on a second-hand container pin and I need some advice on how to preserve some trouble spots on the playfield so they don't get worse.

Underneath the near supercharger ramp the ramp blade (flexible metal scoop that transitions onto the ramp proper)has worn the playfield to wood. Is it better to spot fill with clear and sand? Put down a Mylar patch?

The second spot is beneath one of the left metal guide rails. It looks like the rail was screwed down too hard for too long. The field art is actually pushed up and beneath the rail line is wood.

Third - the bolts (rivets?) holding the posts for plyfield access are super rusty. That, and the decals on the side are mad faded. So we're gonna pull the screws, peel the decal, and replace. Any advice how to get the bolts out? I feel like hammering the bolts out from the inside is a bad idea. They're not screws, though, so I'm not sure how to pull them.

Pictures are in jumbled order, but I hope they're clear enough.

IMG_0558 (resized).JPGIMG_0558 (resized).JPG

IMG_0560 (resized).JPGIMG_0560 (resized).JPG

IMG_0561 (resized).JPGIMG_0561 (resized).JPG

IMG_0562 (resized).JPGIMG_0562 (resized).JPG

#6514 6 years ago

First of all, I would recommend you post in Vid's Guide to Ultimate Playfield Restoration.

Second, regarding the bolt heads, I had the same issue with mine. I removed every single one of them when redoing my cabinet artwork (not all at the same time, of course - just parts at a time since I kept my pin fully intact). I was able to get the nuts of each of them from the inside. I only had a few tricky ones with rusted nuts, but W9-40 loosed them up nicely for me. You probably know this, but you cannot turn the head by the outside as they have square sinks and you will strip out the square in the wood of the cabinet. Once you are able to loosen/remove the nuts then you can just lightly tap with a hammer from the inside to punch them out. Top the playfield supports specifically (your photo), I used a spare metal hinge that I found in the garage. It was the perfect width to fit in the slot on those rail supports and large enough for me to get torque to loosen them. I'm sure that any rigid tool or item would work, just has to be large enough to span both slots and also strong/big enough for you to get enough torque to loosen them. Once you get them off, just punch the bolt out from tapping it from the inside cab.

Instead of replacing, I just restored all the originals. I used non-abrasive foam buffing pad with some metal polisher on the end of my electric drill to get off most of the rust. Then I painted them all (heads only) using the same gloss black acrylic that I used on the cabinet. Sprayed W9-40 on the shafts and wiped them clean. Everything came out great, and I just had to replace a couple of nuts.

#6515 6 years ago

I remember reading about this piece before, but just realized I don't have it (photo borrowed from another post I found). Does any one have an extra one of these plastics for sale, or if not could anyone please scan theirs 1 so that I can have an exact sized model to create one from scratch?

It goes at the very top left of the playfield. I have the two screws, but the plastic is long gone. I've also noticed a visible gap at the top right of the playfield. I don't believe a plastic was ever present there, but I'm inclined to design one.

plastic.jpgplastic.jpg

#6516 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I used non-abrasive foam buffing pad with some metal polisher on the end of my electric drill to get off most of the rust.

I use a wire wheel on my bench grinder, rust and paint comes off in seconds, Your not gonna hurt them their metal. I laso wire wheel the threads and underside of the head then prime with self etching primer, because they are metal, not the cheap stuff from Home Depot or Menards the good stuff $20 a spray can which I think NAPA sells then enamel paint.

#6517 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I remember reading about this piece before, but just realized I don't have it (photo borrowed from another post I found). Does any one have an extra one of these plastics for sale, or if not could anyone please scan theirs 1 so that I can have an exact sized model to create one from scratch?

It goes at the very top left of the playfield. I have the two screws, but the plastic is long gone. I've also noticed a visible gap at the top right of the playfield. I don't believe a plastic was ever present there, but I'm inclined to design one.

Pretty sure i have a decent spare of that plastic. It was missing from the CPR remakes too, apparently Stu forgot it
There isn't a plastic normally top right, probably cause you would barely see it and definitely not if you have a mountain.
You'd better stay away from Mt Rushmore, i can visualize you plugging the noses on the heads and plastering road signs over all the unsightly rock bits
By the way, Pinball Center have that plastic new @ $10.95 Euro without adding shipping

#6518 6 years ago

Anybody have the new light up speaker panel on there game? I need help with mounting the red lens and dmd on my game. Pictures would be great too.

#6519 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Pretty sure i have a decent spare of that plastic. It was missing from the CPR remakes too, apparently Stu forgot it
There isn't a plastic normally top right, probably cause you would barely see it and definitely not if you have a mountain.
You'd better stay away from Mt Rushmore, i can visualize you plugging the noses on the heads and plastering road signs over all the unsightly rock bits
By the way, Pinball Center have that plastic new @ $10.95 Euro without adding shipping

That would end up costing me a lot for a little piece that is not that visible to get to Texas. However, if you do have the means to scan your extra if you find it, that would be very helpful. I can just make my own out of Lexan, but I need a template (well, it would be easier if I had a template).

#6520 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That would end up costing me a lot for a little piece that is not that visible to get to Texas. However, if you do have the means to scan your extra if you find it, that would be very helpful. I can just make my own out of Lexan, but I need a template (well, it would be easier if I had a template).

I've got one of those hand scanner wands but i'm not sure if that will be adequate in regards sizing. I would presume it scans at 1 but i haven't really used it that much. I will get back to you shortly, just gonna have a dig for the spare plastics soon.

#6521 6 years ago

So i found the spare plastic Mr T, it's in good nick too, just a small mark on the back and the little hole in the artwork is where the black outline is so a spot of black texta and you wouldn't notice it. I think the hand scanner can save in either Jpeg or Pdf file, although not sure you can add a pdf file to messaging.

DSC03088 (resized).JPGDSC03088 (resized).JPG

DSC03089 (resized).JPGDSC03089 (resized).JPG

#6522 6 years ago

So this is what it looks like on my pin, honestly I don't think you'll ever see it, even it you're looking for it... I wanted to remove it for a scan but it's really hard to get to that piece. Sorry, good luck!

20170724_121137_resized (resized).jpg20170724_121137_resized (resized).jpg

20170724_120751_resized (resized).jpg20170724_120751_resized (resized).jpg

#6523 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

So i found the spare plastic Mr T, it's in good nick too, just a small mark on the back and the little hole in the artwork is where the black outline is so a spot of black texta and you wouldn't notice it. I think the hand scanner can save in either Jpeg or Pdf file, although not sure you can add a pdf file to messaging.

A scan should work just fine even with a handheld scanner (JPEG is fine as I will be reproducing the artwork, only concerned about the shape). You could verify by printing your image and overlaying the real one on top of the print. Also if/when you post here you will need to select "original size" so that PinSide doesn't manipulate the file. Alternatively, if you want to take the time, photos with a ruler next to each edge to show all of the lengths and a couple of spots from the long edge to various places on the curve. Don't want to be a bigger pain than I already am, however.

#6524 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So this is what it looks like on my pin, honestly I don't think you'll ever see it, even it you're looking for it... I wanted to remove it for a scan but it's really hard to get to that piece. Sorry, good luck!

You are right in that you barely notice it. However, it was there originally, and I cannot control my OCD! What I noticed much more clearly is the opposite side by the tunnel. I see a custom made plastic to cover it in my near future (and under lighting, of course)

#6525 6 years ago

I never even knew that there was a plastic there.
Just looked and mine is there. really a pain to get to it though.

#6527 6 years ago

The Getaway is on the bench and the torch is red hot.

Looking for expert information on these specific cases.

L-5 ROM behaviour only!

Are Supercharger mode known to mess up Trafik lights status, or locks made status?

Are Red line mania known to mess up Trafik lights status? (Assume no jackpots made)

Do Tournament play status affect the Burn rubber awards?

Are a (pity) multiball more frequently awarded on Burn rubber on ball 3.

Are there any bugs specific to multi player games? Like locks made by one player being messed up due to play by another player.

Thanks.

#6528 6 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The Getaway is on the bench and the torch is red hot.
Looking for expert information on these specific cases.
L-5 ROM behaviour only!
Are Supercharger mode known to mess up Trafik lights status, or locks made status?
Are Red line mania known to mess up Trafik lights status? (Assume no jackpots made)
Do Tournament play status affect the Burn rubber awards?
Are a (pity) multiball more frequently awarded on Burn rubber on ball 3.
Are there any bugs specific to multi player games? Like locks made by one player being messed up due to play by another player.
Thanks.

From the manual, Burn Rubber awards in tourney mode are sequentially given out (confirmed on L-2, but I assume the same for L-5 as it is documented in the manual):

1. 5M Points
2. RPMs
3. Freeway
4. Video Mode
5. Multi-ball
6. Back to #1

Additionally the Helicopter Bonus is fixed at 5M points.

#6529 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A scan should work just fine even with a handheld scanner

I had a go at scanning the plastic last night but for some reason it's scanning everything super dark, which it never used to. Tried scanning magazine pics of varying brightness but with the same result. I will have another go this evening and see if i can get a better quality scan that defines the borders better.

#6530 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I had a go at scanning the plastic last night but for some reason it's scanning everything super dark, which it never used to. Tried scanning magazine pics of varying brightness but with the same result. I will have another go this evening and see if i can get a better quality scan that defines the borders better.

Again, the shape and size are all I care about, so,don't worry about how dark it is. I am more than capable of creating the artwork on my own. Yes, as long as I can see the outline I am good. Thanks for all your efforts. Tempted just to ask what you would charge to Texas.

#6531 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

For the size trace around it on a piece of paper then scan the paper. Sounds like you need a printer/scanner combo.

#6532 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Tempted just to ask what you would charge to Texas

Probably could get it through the post in the letter category to be honest so about $3 Aus to post, plastic probably isn't worth too much i would think.

#6533 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For the size trace around it on a piece of paper then scan the paper. Sounds like you need a printer/scanner combo.

Good idea MP! , see that's why they pay you the big dollars
I have got a printer with scanning capability

#6534 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Good idea MP! , see that's why they pay you the big dollars
I have got a printer with scanning capability

Who's payin me??? I just think up this shit all by myself and don't make a dime. Oh and don't forget to mark the holes too. Try putting the plastic in the scanner first and see if that works and if it only kinda works try throwing a dark, or is it a light colored, I forhget towel over the scanner and try again. Worked for me in the past.

#6535 6 years ago

Here you go Mr T, best i can do as regards scanned image. The handheld scanner normally does 1 : 1 but it's playing up so i scanned this with my printer, which does weird shit with sizing. Using the Canon printing program i actually got it to print the image to the exact size of the plastic but after adding the dimensions onto the paper and then scanning that it's probably not correct size now. Doesn't matter the dimensions are measured fairly accurately but bare in mind i have disregarded the slightly rounded of edges and measured to the closest flat edge, and yeah i know, it's in MM's but us Aussies don't do that imperial stuff The top measurements in the pic are upside down too as i turned the paper around to write on it, ahh well, Oz is on the bottom of the world i guess Only other thing i will add is that the hole width is 5 mm and also 5 mm deep (as in towards the center of the plastic)......confused yet?

Getaway plastic.jpgGetaway plastic.jpg

#6536 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

From the manual, Burn Rubber awards in tourney mode are sequentially given out (confirmed on L-2, but I assume the same for L-5 as it is documented in the manual):
1. 5M Points
2. RPMs
3. Freeway
4. Video Mode
5. Multi-ball
6. Back to #1
Additionally the Helicopter Bonus is fixed at 5M points.

Thanks.

#6537 6 years ago

this is a great post i have spent over a year restoring my hs 2 to a real one off standard loads of mods inc some custom ones i have made myself i am away at the min but when i get back back i will upload some pics with a log of what i have done

#6538 6 years ago

Welcome to the club chris!

#6540 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Again, the shape and size are all I care about, so,don't worry about how dark it is. I am more than capable of creating the artwork on my own. Yes, as long as I can see the outline I am good. Thanks for all your efforts. Tempted just to ask what you would charge to Texas.

Dude, all this hassle? or for less than six bucks...
ebay.com link: Williams Getaway Pinball Machine Left Back Corner Playfield Plastic

#6541 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

ebay.com link » Williams Getaway Pinball Machine Left Back Corner Playfield Plastic

Should be a "Doh" comment coming soon. lol

#6542 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

ebay.com link » Williams Getaway Pinball Machine Left Back Corner Playfield Plastic

What is the EBay you speak of? Anyway, we've been PM'ing and keeping up international relations . . . part of the fun. Point taken, however.

Quoted from Mancave:

Here you go Mr T, best i can do as regards scanned image. The handheld scanner normally does 1 : 1 but it's playing up so i scanned this with my printer, which does weird shit with sizing. Using the Canon printing program i actually got it to print the image to the exact size of the plastic but after adding the dimensions onto the paper and then scanning that it's probably not correct size now. Doesn't matter the dimensions are measured fairly accurately but bare in mind i have disregarded the slightly rounded of edges and measured to the closest flat edge, and yeah i know, it's in MM's but us Aussies don't do that imperial stuff The top measurements in the pic are upside down too as i turned the paper around to write on it, ahh well, Oz is on the bottom of the world i guess Only other thing i will add is that the hole width is 5 mm and also 5 mm deep (as in towards the center of the plastic)......confused yet?

Scan and dimensions are perfect. Thanks for the effort for such a minor thing.

#6543 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Who's payin me??? I just think up this shit all by myself and don't make a dime.

Yeah, that may be the case, but I'm sure you attract all the chicks with that funky vibe black light reactive carpet and such in your swagged out game room. Some guys just have all the luck.

#6544 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Should be a "Doh" comment coming soon. lol

Yeah, the Onlyest can be so emasculating sometimes. Probably intentional, but I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

#6545 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wait a minute! Are you pulling one over on me? Did you just post this for sale after you've been reading my posts? I see what you did there. Also, smart thinking shipping from your Jersey estate so as not to be as easily identified.

#6546 6 years ago

Brought mine home today. Happy for my first pin. Needs some clean up but it will keep me happy till I get my DI

IMG_0167 (resized).JPGIMG_0167 (resized).JPG

IMG_0166 (resized).JPGIMG_0166 (resized).JPG

#6547 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

this is a great post i have spent over a year restoring my hs 2 to a real one off standard loads of mods inc some custom ones i have made myself i am away at the min but when i get back back i will upload some pics with a log of what i have done

Welcome, and can't wait to see photos.

#6548 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Brought mine home today. Happy for my first pin. Needs some clean up but it will keep me happy till I get my DI

Awesome, another one joins the club. Congrats! From the pics, looks like you were just able to clear a spot out for it in the garage

Need to persuade the misses that it's time to do away with that formal dining area. Also, that guest room that's used a couple of times a year is a good candidate.

#6549 6 years ago

Ran into a bug in multi ball where it never turned off ball save. I was over 500mil before I just reset the game.

#6550 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Ran into a bug in multi ball where it never turned off ball save. I was over 500mil before I just reset the game.

Yes, this is a documented bug that most of us experience at one time or another. Others who know more than I do can provide detail, but running L2 I've only had it happen 2 or 3 times (can't figure out the exact circumstances that cause it), but others have reported greater frequency. Don't know if it occurs in other versions, but L2 seems to be the preferred ROM for most. I also don't recall specifics, but I think somewhere way back in the early posts somebody outlined the differences in all the ROMs (or maybe I saw that somewhere else).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/131?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.