• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 277.
#6401 6 years ago

Welcome dothedoo Good find. Lots and lots of info here. Start on page 1 of this thread. Took me a week to get through it all when I joined. Enjoy the ride!

#6402 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I joined the club yesterday. Looking forward to working on it this winter.

Welcome to the club. I think yours is going to cleanup nicely.

#6403 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I ordered the stickers from mr_tantrum . They're cool. Get yourself some.
Got me thinking. Where else could a neat "Tantrum's Tacky" go? How about on this L-shaped ball save piece by the supercharger?
But what should it be? Some thoughts; I kinda like the Slower Traffic one best. What do y'all think?
PS - Like the company name I made up for you Mr. T?; "Tantrum's Tackys"!

Pics are great, and quite clever on your naming. I like the dual meaning - 1) sticky - they are stickers & 2) low class cheap styling - those purist out there who think any mod is sacrelidge.

Never really noticed that bracket before. Since it is by the mountain, what about a steep grade sign or rockslide warning?

#6405 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I joined the club yesterday. Looking forward to working on it this winter.

Welcome to the club. Love the 2 different color flippers. Was it routed?

#6406 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Welcome dothedoo Good find. Lots and lots of info here. Start on page 1 of this thread. Took me a week to get through it all when I joined. Enjoy the ride!

Good idea. It'll be interesting to see what people have done with their machines.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Welcome to the club. I think yours is going to cleanup nicely.

I think so too. Pretty dirty now, but I don't think it's been ground in.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Love the 2 different color flippers. Was it routed?

You like that? I was going to replace the yellow one, but maybe I'll keep it now.
Yes it was routed. I bought it from an operator, actually.

#6407 6 years ago

Personally, I prefer to match the shape to the bracket (rectangle). Given its position by the mountain, I would suggest something like the signs below (of course I would custom design to shape/size of bracket). FYI, I think the rock slide is my favorite at this point.

Caution-RockSlideArea.jpgCaution-RockSlideArea.jpg

Caution-Falling-Ice-Sign-K-5890.gifCaution-Falling-Ice-Sign-K-5890.gif

Slow-Steep-Grade-Sign-K-5750.gifSlow-Steep-Grade-Sign-K-5750.gif

Caution-gsb.jpgCaution-gsb.jpg

#6408 6 years ago

Just went up to measure the bracket, and guess what . . . I don't have one (no wonder I never noticed it).

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10904

#6409 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just went up to measure the bracket, and guess what . . . I don't have one (no wonder I never noticed it).
Can anyone confirm if this is the correct part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10904

Yea that looks like it. The longer side with the notch is on the bottom. The upright shorter piece could be the sign area.

IMG_1311 (resized).JPGIMG_1311 (resized).JPG

#6410 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yea that looks like it. The longer side with the notch is on the bottom. The upright shorter piece could be the sign area.

I am going to order one, but can you give me the measurements of the sign area (l & w in mm) so I can go ahead and design? Also, do you like any of my sign options?

#6411 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Personally, I prefer to match the shape to the bracket (rectangle). Given its position by the mountain, I would suggest something like the signs below (of course I would custom design to shape/size of bracket). FYI, I think the rock slide is my favorite at this point.

Those look great, how about Caution Dangerous Curve Ahead.

#6412 6 years ago

NICE but if you have a mountain installed you can hardly see that metal plate
Hmmmm mine must be installed the wrong way, the bend is facing down at the front not up at the back

#6413 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hmmmm mine must be installed the wrong way, the bend is facing down at the front not up at the back

Not necessarily true. Mine could be installed wrong.

I sold my mountain.

I've never had a ball fly up that way, so I'd say this piece is not absolutely necessary.

#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mine doesn't have one either

#6415 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't think I can fit that on a sign well enough to be able to read it based upon the size of the bracket. Once I have dimensions, I'll give it a try and let you evaluate.

#6416 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Well then, I guess you have a choice to make.

#6417 6 years ago

I've watched the Getaway promo vids and looked at original published images. However, everything is so low quality, I can't see if this bracket even existed for sure, let alone how it was mounted. Quite honestly, I think that based upon zoom shots of the area in the promo video that this was not an original part. Maybe they added in later runs as a fix to a reported issue as I did find 01-10904 in the parts list on IPDB.

My guess is that it should be mounted upward to block the open spot between the supercharger and the cabinet (as shown by Charger). Can't say that I've ever had a ball go up that far (I have hit a ball on top of the clear plastic wire ramp cover), but I assume it is possible or the bracket would not have been added.

#6418 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've watched the Getaway promo vids and looked at original published images. However, everything is so low quality, I can't see if this bracket even existed for sure, let alone how it was mounted. Quite honestly, I think that based upon zoom shots of the area in the promo video that this was not an original part. Maybe they added in later runs as a fix to a reported issue as I did find it in the parts list.

My guess is that it should be mounted upward to block the open spot between the supercharger and the cabinet (as shown by Charger). Can't say that I've ever had a ball go up that far (I have hit a ball on top of the clear plastic wire ramp cover), but I guess it is possible.

Probably correct, i had a look on IPDB but the machine pics on that are missing that part

#6419 6 years ago

Is there a way to determine when a specific Getaway was manufactured and what number in the run it was?

#6420 6 years ago

.625 wide X 1.250 tall, 15.88 mm X 31.75 mm

20170716_095530 (resized).jpg20170716_095530 (resized).jpg

#6421 6 years ago

For HUO play, I wouldn't have that bracket (plain). Especially with mirror blades. Just say'n

#6422 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Interesting, I only have the bracket that is attached to the supercharger side. I don't have nor see a place to attach the right sided bracket as shown here.

Wait, is that a mirror bladed image on the right?

#6423 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Interesting, I only have the bracket that is attached to the supercharger side. I don't have nor see a place to attach the right sided bracket as shown here.
Wait, is that a mirror bladed image on the right?

I don't even know how I would fit mirror blades on mine.
There just isn't enough space for them.

#6424 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I can't even know how I would fit mirror blades on mine.

Same here.

#6425 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I can't even know how I would fit mirror blades on mine.

Me either, but they sure do look nice and I love the effect during gameplay. Makes the game surface seem bigger than it is and helps light things up.

#6426 6 years ago

Thanks for the measurements. Here is what I have so far. Any other ideas? I'll take a couple more then call it done and post everything for download.

1.png1.png
2.png2.png
3.png3.png
4.png4.png
0.png0.png
5.png5.png
6.png6.png
8.png8.png
7.png7.png

#6427 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No way "dangerous" would work, so I went with "sharp".

#6428 6 years ago

Of the ones you've done, I like Rock Slide Area. But I prefer the Slippery When Wet one better. When I see that sign, I call it the Burnout Sign. When I press the traction control off button on my car, the "Burnout" symbol illuminates on the dash.

IMG_1298 (resized).PNGIMG_1298 (resized).PNG

#6429 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Of the ones you've done, I like Rock Slide Area. But I prefer the Slippery When Wet one better. When I see that sign, I call it the Burnout Sign. When I press the traction control off button on my car, the "Burnout" symbol illuminates on the dash.

Here is my own take on the theme to fit the bracket.

10.png10.png

11.png11.png

#6430 6 years ago

++members;

Brought this home yesterday. (Also my first pinball machine)

IMAG1412 (resized).jpgIMAG1412 (resized).jpg

#6431 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

++members;

Awesome & congrats! Flood of new Getaway owners lately - really exciting!

#6432 6 years ago

++members;

Sweet. Getaway was, and is, my first and only pin also. Way to go! Welcome!

#6433 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is my own rendition to fit the bracket.

Got a winner, like the second one

#6434 6 years ago

++members;

Congrats on your first pin and welcome to the club !!

#6435 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Got a winner, like the second one

I agree, i like the one with the Lambo.

#6437 6 years ago

Okay, all new ball trap bracket signs are now available for free download. Have fun, and post pics if you create one for your pin. Also, give some luv to Charger500 for the idea.

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

If you would like me to make you one then please PM me. I will do the sign sticker set for $5 (Mile Marker for bracket above shooter exit, Do Not Enter for exit flap, and ball trap bracket). If you just want the new sticker since you already have the others, then PM and we discuss.

#6438 6 years ago

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my PinSound? Completely changes the experience for me, and I just had a nice game where I set my personal high score at 791M+. First time I ever got two super jackpots on the same multi-ball. Also, I really dig the light show of this game, especially with the LED conversion I've done.

FYI, I just posted an update to one of my mixes, so please download the new version if you are already using the all ZZ Top music with vocals "GetawayHS2_RockVocals_MrTantrum.zip". Edited a couple of tunes to hit the lyrics sooner (Supercharger & Enter Your Name). Was finding that I was either never getting to the lyrics or just hitting them when the event music would change during Supercharger mode (4th gear) and while entering initials after high score. Also, added slight gain to voices to make them standout a little better.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/217-getawayhs2_rockvocals_mrtantrum

#6439 6 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

That's the "Free Ride" bug. It happens occasionally (should be around 1 game in 100) with the L-2 ROM, I think it might have been fixed on the L-5. How often is it happening? Which ROM do you have? I found it happens a *lot* more frequently if you enable the "up/down ramp broken" setting in the adjustments (which you shouldn't need to do unless your ramp isn't working).

Only had HS2 for 1 full day and hit this bug 3 times already. I have L-2 ROM. Researching this thread it seems most hit it "rarely." Anyone else experience this high frequency? Whatever the ramp is set to now, it seems to operate correctly, I'll have to look.

Still feeling the game out, so right now it is not too big a deal (kind of fun). Currently inflating the loop champ and grand champ scores. Long term maybe L-5 ROM is the way to go?

Being a Software/Firmware guy, I feel like digging deeper into the differences between ROMs, maybe taking some video, etc. Is this out there somewhere already (I haven't found it yet)?

#6440 6 years ago

Only had HS2 for 1 full day and hit this bug 3 times already. I have L-2 ROM. Researching this thread it seems most hit it "rarely." Anyone else experience this high frequency? Whatever the ramp is set to now, it seems to operate correctly, I'll have to look.
Still feeling the game out, so right now it is not too big a deal (kind of fun). Currently inflating the loop champ and grand champ scores. Long term maybe L-5 ROM is the way to go?
Being a Software/Firmware guy, I feel like digging deeper into the differences between ROMs, maybe taking some video, etc. Is this out there somewhere already (I haven't found it yet)?

Looks like this guy has an L5; https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/00902-high-speed-ii-the-getaway-cpu-rom-u6

#6441 6 years ago

I believe L2 is the dominant ROM among owners, but could be mistaken. I've had the issue 3 times at most within a few hundred plays in L2.

#6442 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I believe L2 is the dominant ROM among owners, but could be mistaken. I've had the issue 3 times at most within a few hundred plays in L2.

Yes, L2 is the most used Rom and imo is the best of the lot. Ive also rarely seen the bug in all the time ive owned my Getaway.

#6443 6 years ago

Welcome to the club!

Yes, L2 or L5 are the way to go but I use L2. Sure there is the glitch on the secret mania (don't do it and it's no issue) and possibly the glitch on endless free ride bug but running the red light is worth the very rare glitch issues on L2, IMO.

#6444 6 years ago

I have L5. Don't know what an L2 is like, but I don't have any problems with L5. YMMV.

#6445 6 years ago

Hello all! I recently joined the club. I owned this pin quite a few years ago and am glad to have it again. I noticed some differences with this one and have realized that it is an early production running on a P-6 Rom. Quick question. If I add a Color DMD will I need an updated Rom? Thanks!

IMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPG

IMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG

IMG_1365 (resized).JPGIMG_1365 (resized).JPG

#6446 6 years ago
Quoted from robreagan:

Hello all! I recently joined the club. I owned this pin quite a few years ago and am glad to have it again. I noticed some differences with this one and have realized that it is an early production running on a P-6 Rom. Quick question. If I add a Color DMD will I need an updated Rom? Thanks!

Wow, another one! Very nice, and welcome to the club. According to their site, ColorDMD for the Getaway is designed for L-2 & L-5 ROMs.

#6447 6 years ago

Sweet! Thank you Mr Tantrum, I appreciate it. I started reading all of the previous posts and have enjoyed everyone's comments. What a great game!

#6448 6 years ago
Quoted from robreagan:

Hello all! I recently joined the club.

Very impressive condition for a prototype! Congrats on a helluva find!

#6449 6 years ago
Quoted from robreagan:

Sweet! Thank you Mr Tantrum, I appreciate it. I started reading all of the previous posts and have enjoyed everyone's comments. What a great game!

FYI, probably doesn't mean it won't work somewhat (would have to contact ColorDMD). My guess is that some of the animations may be different in the other ROMs, so maybe you don't get 100% colorization.

#6450 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Very impressive condition for a prototype! Congrats on a helluva find!

Yeah, looks like it has been sitting in a museum. Almost so perfect that I don't think I would even do any mods to it (and that's coming from a guy who's completely pimped out his Getaway)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.