• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 277.
#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Hey to all
I have no lights on on the left 2 bumpers i change the bulbs only the bottom bumper light is working any ides whats the problem?

First thing I'd look at are the wires on the lamp sockets on the pop bumpers, these can come loose or break. If it's not that do an all lamp test to see if there are other lights out, without looking at my schematics I'm certain those lights are on another string of lights so check fuses and probably molex connector j112.

#6202 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

First thing I'd look at are the wires on the lamp sockets on the pop bumpers, these can come loose or break. If it's not that do an all lamp test to see if there are other lights out, without looking at my schematics I'm certain those lights are on another string of lights so check fuses and probably molex connector j112.

Also, I had a few random sockets that would not work but I knew bulbs were good. Turned off pin and twisted some steel wool inside the sockets to clean contacts, and everything worked.

#6203 6 years ago

Sometimes you just need to remove the bulb/LED and bend the wires outwards a little bit (only on wedge style sockets obviously), that quite often is the problem, purely a contact issue

#6204 6 years ago

Is there a skill shot?

#6205 6 years ago

yes

#6207 6 years ago

Yeah, where?

#6208 6 years ago

Good evening guys
I just finish to upgrade to led its looks amazing like new game thats just came our of the factory.
i got into a problem may be some one can help
the game starts and i cant shoot the ball they are in the lane but the shifter cant shoot them
also the ramp stays up i did test the ramp in the test mode and its working fine up and down
i checked all the fuses they fine.
does any one can suggest whats the problem?

#6209 6 years ago

We need to know about the Skill Shot first!

#6210 6 years ago

i find the problem its was loose wire everything working fine now beside the 2 top bumpers no lights
what do you mean the skill shot?

#6212 6 years ago

if any body interested i got all the plastic set i replaced it to new its not broken in decent condition also i have e the dmd in great condition

#6213 6 years ago

Boooo...I'm still trying to launch the ball at max redline

#6214 6 years ago

I'm confused, this is the Getaway forum (HS2), not Highspeed. Even so, no skill shot but you do have loop champion to shoot for.

#6215 6 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Good evening guys
I just finish to upgrade to led its looks amazing like new game thats just came our of the factory.
i got into a problem may be some one can help
the game starts and i cant shoot the ball they are in the lane but the shifter cant shoot them
also the ramp stays up i did test the ramp in the test mode and its working fine up and down
i checked all the fuses they fine.
does any one can suggest whats the problem?

Give us some pics.

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm confused, this is the Getaway forum (HS2), not Highspeed. Even so, no skill shot but you do have loop champion to shoot for.

My bad !! Didn't realize that was the first High Speed

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Boooo...I'm still trying to launch the ball at max redline

Ha!!

#6217 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

My bad !! Didn't realize that was the first High Speed

Ha!!

Give this a read: http://pinball.org/rules/getaway.html

#6218 6 years ago

Well, just ordered all the parts and some other goodies from PL to rebuild my pops. I've read Vid's guide and think I'm ready for my first time to try this. I'm really getting tired of looking at old dingy plastic and rusted bumpers (really sticks out to me with all the other restoration I have done to this pin). Good news for me is that everything mechanically works well.

#6219 6 years ago

Easy enough to do, only hassle is unsoldering and resoldering. Take your time. Make sure you get the base right and remember to insulate the lamp socket.

#6220 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

insulate the lamp socket.

Don't recall reading anything about such. What do you mean exactly?

#6221 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, just ordered all the parts and some other goodies from PL to rebuild my pops. I've read Vid's guide and think I'm ready for my first time to try this. I'm really getting tired of looking at old dingy plastic and rusted bumpers (really sticks out to me with all the other restoration I have done to this pin). Good news for me is that everything mechanically works well.

You got new spoons to right?

#6222 6 years ago

Also, which sockets are in the game? If they are 555 there's a way to install them so they stay sticking straight up. I think there's a picture in Vids Guide to pop bumper rebuild.

#6224 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Also, which sockets are in the game? If they are 555 there's a way to install them so they stay sticking straight up. I think there's a picture in Vids Guide to pop bumper rebuild.

I ordered part # in manual, and they match the ones in vid's guide (stiff ones with flat leads instead of wire). I have PL BriteCaps which will force the socked to center anyway.

#6225 6 years ago

vinyl insulation on one leg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6226 6 years ago

Since the switches are responsive, I'm just going to keep and clean them. Otherwise, below is what I ordered in case anyone else is interested. My supplier of choice in Pinball Life, but I'm sure there are numerous places to pick this stuff up.
Above Playfield
Optional: 3 x Blue Facited Data East Pop Bumper Caps (550-5057-05) - I prefer these to the Williams caps
Optional: 3 x Blue BriteCaps EVO Lighting (BC_EVO)
3 x Ring & Rod Assembly (A-4754)
3 x Pop Bumper Body (03-7443-5)
3 x Pop Bumper Base (03-6009-A5)
3 x Blue Pop Bumper Skirt (03-6035-1)
3 x Pop Bumper Spring (A-10430)
3 x Lamp Socket Flat Wire Leads (A-11199)
6 x 3/4" Pop Bumper Cap Screws (bumper_cap_screw - don't know Williams part number)
Under Playfield (keeping coils and switches and just cleaning)
6 x Ring & Rod Washers (pbl_4700-00005-00 - don't know Williams part number)
3 x Coil Sleeve (03-7066)
3 x Pop Bumper Spoon (03-7395)
3 x Pop Bumper Fiber Yoke (01-5493)
3 x Pop Bumper Metal Yoke (01-5492)
Probably could have ordered a few other little things here and there, but I think the above will cover what I need.

Added over 7 years ago: One more thing you will want to buy are the large springs that are used with the coil shaft.

#6227 6 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

vinyl insulation on one leg

I overlooked that, and didn't see it in the pop bumper section when I ordered. Thanks for pointing it out! Will have to reuse original or I've got plenty of shrink tubing on hand.

#6228 6 years ago

Anyone interested in buying my 3 x Comet 11 SMD Pop Bumper LED Lights (Blue) since I'm replacing them with BriteMods: http://www.cometpinball.com/Pinball-Pop-Bumper-LED-Light-p/11smdbmpring.htm?1=1&CartID=0

I purchased them new in March, 2017. Total shipped from Comet today is $18.12, so I think that $15 all in would buy mine. PM me if interested, and lights go to first taker.

#6229 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I ordered part # in manual, and they match the ones in vid's guide (stiff ones with flat leads instead of wire). I have PL BriteCaps which will force the socked to center anyway.

I see...you should have gotten zitts clear colored pop bodies.

#6230 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Anyone interested in buying my 3 x Comet 11 SMD Pop Bumper LED Lights (Blue) since I'm replacing them with BriteMods: http://www.cometpinball.com/Pinball-Pop-Bumper-LED-Light-p/11smdbmpring.htm?1=1&CartID=0
I purchased them new in March, 2017. Total shipped from Comet today is $18.12, so I think that $15 all in would buy mine. PM me if interested, and lights go to first taker.

Blue tops white bottoms right?

#6231 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I believe so, but let me verify . . . Pics to come. Also, I know you can adjust brightness screw as I have them set to about 60-70% as default was way too bright even for me.

#6232 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes, blue on top, and what appears to be cool white on bottom (these are the Comet pop LEDs that I am selling - caps not included).

IMG_0833.JPGIMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0834.JPGIMG_0834.JPG

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, blue on top, and what appears to be cool white on bottom.

No for the ones your selling.

#6234 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No for the ones your selling.

No you don't want to buy them (which is fine, of course), or no you are disagreeing they are blue LEDs on top and white LEDs on bottom.

#6235 6 years ago

Let's try this again. The ones you are selling are the Comet ones right? So are they blue tops and white bottoms. The pictures you posted are the Bright Tops and those aren't for sale. You posted those to answer my original question about the Comet blue tops with white bottoms.

#6236 6 years ago

I got the mountain mod from Mezel installed today. All in all straight forward. I had to make a slight modification as one of the screw holes in the large clear plastic was off a bit. No big deal, I drilled another hole.

I didn't need to pull a socket from below the playfield as indicated in the instructions. I did however decide to remove the supercharger to make installation as easy as possible and to ensure I wouldn't damage the mountain.

Considering how easy it is to pull the entire supercharger I would suggest that approach.

IMG_3104 (resized).JPGIMG_3104 (resized).JPG

IMG_3106 (resized).JPGIMG_3106 (resized).JPG

IMG_3105 (resized).JPGIMG_3105 (resized).JPG

IMG_3107 (resized).JPGIMG_3107 (resized).JPG

IMG_3108 (resized).JPGIMG_3108 (resized).JPG

IMG_3109 (resized).JPGIMG_3109 (resized).JPG

#6237 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Let's try this again. The ones you are selling are the Comet ones right? So are they blue tops and white bottoms. The pictures you posted are the Bright Tops and those aren't for sale. You posted those to answer my original question about the Comet blue tops with white bottoms.

Okay, sorry for causing confusion. The ones I have now, am selling, and are pictured in the photos are the Comets with 7 blue LEDs on top and 4 white LEDs on bottom covered with blue pop caps. I am purchasing new blue BrightCaps LEDs (not shown since I don't have them yet) to replace these. Before I converted to blue caps, I had red, green, and amber caps with matching colored BrightCap LEDs. I went less expensive with the Comets when I went to blue caps (was ordering other LEDs too, so just added these on), but now I miss the center flashing that the BrightCap have when the pop is activated (the Comets are always on with no flashing).

Here are before and after pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/108#post-3643298

#6238 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I got the mountain mod from Mezel installed today. All in all straight forward. I had to make a slight modification as one of the screw holes in the large clear plastic was off a bit. No big deal, I drilled another hole.
I didn't need to pull a socket from below the playfield as indicated in the instructions. I did however decide to remove the supercharger to make installation as easy as possible and to ensure I wouldn't damage the mountain.
Considering how easy it is to pull the entire supercharger I would suggest that approach.

Thanks for sharing and your install looks great (Mezel makes quality creative stuff).

Also, I noticed the small dark "scratch" you have on top of your stoplight. I have something very similar, and no matter what I try cleaning it with I cannot get rid of the dark coloring. Found it odd that you had something similar.

#6239 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Send [email protected] a note and she will get you a replacement plastic.

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, sorry for causing confusion. The ones I have now, am selling, and are pictured in the photos are the Comets with 7 blue LEDs on top and 4 white LEDs on bottom covered with blue pop caps. I am purchasing new blue BrightCaps LEDs (not shown since I don't have them yet) to replace these. Before I converted to blue caps, I had red, green, and amber caps with matching colored BrightCap LEDs. I went less expensive with the Comets when I went to blue caps (was ordering other LEDs too, so just added these on), but now I miss the center flashing that the BrightCap have when the pop is activated (the Comets are always on with no flashing).
Here are before and after pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/108#post-3643298

It seems I was confused by your picture, I have never seen those Comet pop cap lights lit up before and I thought those were the Bright caps. So all the confusion was my fault. As Maxwell Smart would say, Sorry about that Chief.

#6241 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Send [email protected] a note and she will get you a replacement plastic.

Thanks. Could she send one that has no holes just to make sure my game is just an anomaly?

#6242 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, I noticed the small dark "scratch" you have on top of your stoplight. I have something very similar, and no matter what I try cleaning it with I cannot get rid of the dark coloring. Found it odd that you had something similar.

Ive got one too. In the exact same place.

#6243 6 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Ive got one too. In the exact same place.

Any ideas from you Getaway old timers as to what may cause this and how to repair/clean it?

#6244 6 years ago

From just browsing the forum, found another one: (bbriese) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/92#post-3522346

That makes at least 4 of us. Now I am perplexed. I just figured some owner/operator before me scratched it somehow, but too ironic that multiple people have the same dark scratch in the same spot on top of the stop light. Given the angles, I don't think it is caused by inserting/removing the playfield glass.

#6248 6 years ago

I have the same mark on mine. So weird!

#6249 6 years ago

Looks to me like it's a shadow of the pcb board inside the plastic.

#6250 6 years ago

I have it on mine too but I like to refer to it as the "Marilyn Monroe birth mark"...

PF Upper Blue 1 (resized).jpgPF Upper Blue 1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.