• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 277.
#6151 6 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,
I finally joined the club this weekend!

I'm debating about doing decals, as I hate the whole process. While the sides aren't terrible, the front is noticeably faded to light pink. May have to pick some up.
Playfield has full mylar that needs removed. Looks like Free Ride insert has some lifting near the top; I'll have to see what can be done there.
Appears to be missing the hair-pin turn guard, unless it's in the bag of spare parts that came with it. Apparently one of the middle super charger magnets isn't working so I'll have to look into that.
Reading through this thread, it looks like I'll have to do some mods:
- extra plastics
- lite tachometers
- faceted pop bumpers
- mountain
- misc stickers (donut heaven, etc)
- light blocking traffic light mod
Might also do
- speaker panel gauge lights (DIY)
- key start button
Haven't decided what ROM to install, but I am interested in looking into the bugs once the machine is up and running.

Welcome to the club!

#6152 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

His is not a prototype because he has "gear" around 1st - 5th and it's orange not yellow

I wonder what will happen if he tries to pull the mylar then. The mylar pulled perfect on my BoP but left the glue and where the glue had baked on to the insert plastic (bubbling under the mylar) it was hard as a rock and couldn't get it off the insert.

#6153 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder what will happen if he tries to pull the mylar then. The mylar pulled perfect on my BoP but left the glue and where the glue had baked on to the insert plastic (bubbling under the mylar) it was hard as a rock and couldn't get it off the insert.

It's always a roll of the dice when it comes to removing mylar. I just put down my deposit on a new playfield. It's going to put my Getaway over the top as its the only thing left not restored.

#6154 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

It's always a roll of the dice when it comes to removing mylar

So true... unless they put it on after waxing the PF then you may have a better chance but it's the reason the Mylar is staying on my EATPM, if CPR ever runs the PF then I'll switch out the PF and keep the original as a backup.

#6155 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've had luck pulling full mylar off of Funhouse playfield, but failed miserably with a Roadshow playfield (RIP). Sounds like if things go south that a repo playfield or maybe a person that buys a repo and sells their original playfield are options.

I'll try to get some close-ups of the full mylar for speculation purposes.

#6156 6 years ago

Never removed mylar myself, but I've read here in the forums there is a heat technique and a cold technique. Not sure which is best, but there are threads on the topic if you have never done it before.

#6157 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Never removed mylar myself, but I've read here in the forums there is a heat technique and a cold technique. Not sure which is best, but there are threads on the topic if you have never done it before.

I can't say which works best but I know that once you start there's no turning back...

#6158 6 years ago

Red or Black?

IMG_1136 (resized).JPGIMG_1136 (resized).JPG

I already decided to swap to Black. Just thought I'd show the difference. Like the contrast better.

#6159 6 years ago

Got my magnet apron and donut heaven decal. And since we are talking about flipper rubber color, I went with translucent orange.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6160 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Got my magnet apron and donut heaven decal. And since we are talking about flipper rubber color, I went with translucent orange.

Hide those wires from the Donut Shop, they go behind.

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

#6162 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Red or Black?

I already decided to swap to Black. Just thought I'd show the difference. Like the contrast better.

Since you've made up your mind I won't tell you that I like the Red better... oops

#6163 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Red or Black?

Well, black resembles tires, so that is good. Red matches the playfield well. Yellow goes with some of the striping, but gets dirty easily. I've done all of these, but now I am actually using blues on the bottom flippers which works well with some blue I've added with lighting & pops as well as the blue tachometer and rings on the lower playfield.

In other words, go with what you like and I can guarantee it won't be the last color flipper rubbers you put on your Getaway.

#6164 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

ditto.

I do like the uniqueness of the translucent orange (have not seen that before on this pin).

#6165 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

They have been like that since I rescued the game. Can you shoot me a photo of how the wires should be routed?

#6166 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Red or Black?

I like the red better.

#6167 6 years ago

Who's gonna be the first to put lit bats on the game? I've been thinking about it, but the price.

#6168 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Who's gonna be the first to put lit bats on the game? I've been thinking about it, but the price.

pass

#6169 6 years ago

Finally got around to rebuilding the pops. 2 down, 1 to go. While I have it opened I will relocate those donut heaven wires if someone can shoot me a photo of how they should be routed.

#6170 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

They have been like that since I rescued the game. Can you shoot me a photo of how the wires should be routed?

IMG_1153.JPGIMG_1153.JPG

#6171 6 years ago

Perfect. Thanks!

#6172 6 years ago

The decal should have covered the holes.

IMG_1484.JPGIMG_1484.JPG

#6173 6 years ago

I trimmed around the holes. I plan on adding a flashing led strip under the roof so the light will come out the front

#6174 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I trimmed around the holes. I plan on adding a flashing led strip under the roof so the light will come out the front

That's a good idea, maybe some frosted plastic covering the holes which will also let the light out.

#6175 6 years ago

Ahhh nothing better than freshly rebuilt pop bumpers. All 3 of my wafers were cracked and the ball couldn't trigger them any more.

#6176 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ahhh nothing better than freshly rebuilt pop bumpers. All 3 of my wafers were cracked and the ball couldn't trigger them any more.

same here. actually, HS2 was the only game i've had that needed new skirts. kinda weird.

#6177 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Why is your DH logo missing the white striking (kind of all blends into the roof)?

Would't you prefer a Mr_Tantrum original? Can make your own (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball) or pay me the big bucks to make one for you.

(Nothing but shameless plugs in this forum anymore, can't believe I still hang out here!)

DonutHeaven4.pngDonutHeaven4.png
DH.jpgDH.jpg

#6178 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why is your DH logo missing the white striking (kind of all blends into the roof)?
Would't you prefer a Mr_Tantrum original? Can make your own (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball) or pay me the big bucks to make one for you.
(Nothing but shameless plugs in this forum anymore, can't believe I still hang out here!)

No clue. It is the latest run from Lermods.

#6179 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

No clue. It is the latest run from Lermods.

I would complain and make them send you a correct one. Plenty of evidence of what it should look like verses what you received.

#6180 6 years ago

So, I just rebuilt the auto fire assembly and the ball still has trouble making the loop to the upper flipper.

Has anyone else experienced/fixed this issue?

#6181 6 years ago
Quoted from slcpinball:

So, I just rebuilt the auto fire assembly and the ball still has trouble making the loop to the upper flipper.

Did you replace the actual plunger that fires through the coil?

Mine was so worn down that even after replacing the coil and sleeve it still wouldn't make it all the way around. I had to replace the plunger and then it was was perfect.

#6182 6 years ago
Quoted from slcpinball:

Replace plunger, and also search this thread as this has been covered a few times. Many posts and pics of what alignment should look like.

#6183 6 years ago

My plunger was sluggish but was making it around. Replaced coil, plunger, plunger sleeve, and spring. Realigned to strike it dead center. Much more reliable now. Post with pics is back a number of pages in this thread

#6184 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Finally got around to rebuilding the pops. 2 down, 1 to go. While I have it opened I will relocate those donut heaven wires if someone can shoot me a photo of how they should be routed.

I've been putting this off since it looks like a fairly detailed process (cutting cables, etc.) I've read everything in Vid's guide to pops, and just need to take the plunge. Mine work, but one of the few things I've not restored. While they seem to be pretty lively after I did some tweaking, the original parts above the playfield are dirty, screw holes stripped, and all of the metal is tarnished badly to the point that it is starting to bug me visually when I play.

So, with all that said, what kind of time am I looking at to rebuild the 3, do you have a handy list of parts needed (I know I can figure it out on my own if needed), and is there anything specifically I need to look out for given that I've never done it before.

#6185 6 years ago
Quoted from slcpinball:

Start here and read on: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/105#post-3623609

#6186 6 years ago

Got my light up panel finally buttoned up. Love the choices in color, went with a pinkish background as it really made the reds pop.
And I know I need to fix the date.

IMG_2031.JPGIMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPGIMG_2032.JPG
IMG_2033.JPGIMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2034.JPGIMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2035.JPGIMG_2035.JPG

#6187 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Got my light up panel finally buttoned up.

Looks great!

#6188 6 years ago

Decided to take the small lighted police car off and I'm offering it up for sale. Mezel Mods sells these for $50 so I'm asking $38 including free shipping to the lower 48.

DSCN2373 (resized).JPGDSCN2373 (resized).JPG

#6189 6 years ago

Hey guys...I've had my Getaway now for over a year. I know this topic has come a lot (apologize in advance), but didn't want to dig the thread....my Getaway didn't come with a beacon. I see Marco has a bracket for the beacon....but that's it......how much of a pain in the a$$ to get a replacement beacon going?

Thanks!

176 (resized).jpg176 (resized).jpg

#6190 6 years ago

Check the for sale ads on the F-14 post, Tilted pinball is making the reflectors and you can buy a motor and lens from Marcos.

#6191 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Check the for sale ads on the F-14 post, Tilted pinball is making the reflectors and you can buy a motor and lens from Marcos.

Thanks man!

#6192 6 years ago

you haven't played HS2 yet, is what you're saying.

#6193 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Hey guys...I've had my Getaway now for over a year. I know this topic has come a lot (apologize in advance), but didn't want to dig the thread....my Getaway didn't come with a beacon. I see Marco has a bracket for the beacon....but that's it......how much of a pain in the a$$ to get a replacement beacon going?
Thanks!

Wait, do you have the motor...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7971

Dome cover

https://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-03-7981

The other bits are tricky...

Beacon light (resized).pngBeacon light (resized).png

#6194 6 years ago

No motor. Looks like someone took the whole thing. I have the boards on the inside to operate it. I have an email to Kyle @ tiltedpinball to give me a quote on the beacon and motor.

#6195 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you haven't played HS2 yet, is what you're saying.

Played it a lot....just driving me crazy...having no beacon!

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Played it a lot....just driving me crazy...having no beacon!

Yeah, I agree, that beacon add a lot to the game. Good luck!

#6197 6 years ago

Hey to all
I have no lights on on the left 2 bumpers i change the bulbs only the bottom bumper light is working any ides whats the problem?

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Hey to all
I have no lights on on the left 2 bumpers i change the bulbs only the bottom bumper light is working any ides whats the problem?

If they worked at one time and now they don't I'd say you have a loose connection. Work back from build, tracing the wires and reseat the connections. If that still doesn't work, look at the bulb circuit board. You may have cold solder joints on those old build boards. Reflow the solder on those connections. I had an intermittent bulb come on and off. Heated up my soldering iron and touched it at the pin connection and it worked and has continued to work after that. YMMV.

#6199 6 years ago

thank you
they never worked since that i got the machine 3 years ago and i didn't pay attention until last week when i have change to led

#6200 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, I agree, that beacon add a lot to the game. Good luck!

BTW, I'm sure you saw this add but...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1027-tilted-pinball/00261-reflector-f-14-high-speed

Never bought from them but...

https://www.tiltedpinball.com/tilted-pinball-shop-1/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/124?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.