• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 93 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 270 votes by 269 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,043 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

There are 9910 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 199.
#6101 2 years ago

Going to be my first complete playfield swap. Looking forward to the challenge !

#6102 2 years ago

Awesome! Grats! Put that in right away.
I will definitely contact you when I get stuck!

#6103 2 years ago

Thanks ! Going in as soon as i have a bite . Ill post pictures in a bit .

#6104 2 years ago

This will be my third complete tear down and replace. Take lots of pictures with HD camera. I take my time and it will probably take me 3 months after cab is redone

#6105 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I just pulled the trigger !!!
I did a full restore on mine and im not far from you. Let me know if i can be of any help when your ready to go.
Look what was waiting for me when i got home tonight ...

I really like that back glass, I know some people do not, but to me the richness and tones make up for any issues. Enjoy!

#6106 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks ! Going in as soon as i have a bite . Ill post pictures in a bit .

Don't those PF need to cure before you install them?

#6107 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not installing the playfield..Wont have that for a few months yet. Installing my new backglass.

#6108 2 years ago

Just put the backglass in. I think it looks amazing !! much deeper color. The slightly less detail than the translite is not even noticeable in my opinion. |Here is a photo with the pin on and off. Crappy phone photos make it hard to see how good it truly looks.

off (resized).jpg

#6109 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Not installing the playfield..Wont have that for a few months yet. Installing my new backglass.

Oh...

#6110 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, you really should wait 2-3 months. My BOP has been curing for about 8 months now. I just can't find the time to start working on her.

#6111 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Just put the backglass in. I think it looks amazing !! much deeper color. The slightly less detail than the translite is not even noticeable in my opinion. |Here is a photo with the pin on and off. Crappy phone photos make it hard to see how good it truly looks.

I was so impressed with the mirrored back glass that I bought it before I even have the game! Game will be coming soon though.

Personally, I'd much rather have this than a 3D back glass.

#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Doesn't matter what others think!! All that matters is what you think, its your money.

Ditto to that! Don't be a follower, be a leader. If you plan on keeping it then do to it whatever you want and what makes you happy. I once went to an open house where the kitchen had bright neon blue cabinets. It was stunningly terrible. However, the homeowner couldn't stop raving about them. My decision - don't buy the house, but don't burst the guy's bubble for his taste. He liked it, he lived with it, and he spent his money on it. Who am I to tell him otherwise?

#6113 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I ran into some issues, the plug was broken on the led controller so I had to solder it back on and they gave me the wrong panel, so I need to talk with them. I paid for the deluxe but got the ultimate, which I did not want...
The remote is clunky and I'm too stupid to figure it out so here's a quick pic for you in white...

Man, that is awesome. Can't believe how stoked we can be over a lit speaker panel, but this game is perfect for it - gives you that sensation of sitting in the driver's seat of a sports car. Now crank up the tunes on your Pinsound with one of my mixes, roll the windows down, and hit the open road!

#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man, that is awesome. Can't believe how stoked we can be over a lit speaker panel, but this game is perfect for it - gives you that sensation of sitting in the driver's seat of a sports car. Now crank up the tunes on your Pinsound with one of my mixes, roll the windows down, and hit the open road!

It really does add a lot to the machine, when I turned it off it seemed ho hum...

#6115 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It really does add a lot to the machine, when I turned it off it seemed ho hum...

Im pumped... need one now !

#6116 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im pumped... need one now !

Still working out some bugs but this is better... speaker lights are off ATM, I did something backwards on install and trying to correct it but I'm not able to run both together yet, sorry

20170510_201858 (resized).jpg

20170510_201701 (resized).jpg

#6117 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A couple of years ago I was all set to drill holes in the wood panel so I could light the gauges up.....glad I got lazy.

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Still working out some bugs but this is better... speaker lights are off ATM, I did something backwards on install and trying to correct it but I'm not able to run both together yet, sorry

Hoping you can get it all worked out before i buy . You have all of our support !

#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We are getting closer, need to make some custom plastics.

We've made a couple of adjustments and are putting this on the market today. The photos have not been updated yet as the new model has not been painted yet. The only change to the model is it better covers the opto. No changes to the thickness.

Here is what you can expect with purchase:
-replacement mountain supercharger plastic (1674-9) and rectangular wire ramp plastic (31-1674A-1) both in clear plastic
-tunnel illumination with GI socket connection
-mountain
The production will occur in batches of 20 with each batch taking approximately 2 weeks https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002343623-Getaway-Mountain-Production-and-Shipping-Schedule

Orders will be processed in order that they are received. I'll try to notify customers of the batch. tmezel can answer all the rest of the questions

#6120 2 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

We've made a couple of adjustments and are putting this on the market today. The photos have not been updated yet as the new model has not been painted yet. The only change to the model is it better covers the opto. No changes to the thickness.
Here is what you can expect with purchase:
-replacement mountain supercharger plastic (1674-9) and rectangular wire ramp plastic (31-1674A-1) both in clear plastic
-tunnel illumination with GI socket connection
-mountain
The production will occur in batches of 20 with each batch taking approximately 2 weeks https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002343623-Getaway-Mountain-Production-and-Shipping-Schedule
Orders will be processed in order that they are received. I'll try to notify customers of the batch. tmezel can answer all the rest of the questions

Anticipated price?

#6121 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

that glass looks amazing , pardon my ignorance , but who is making them?

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

PPS sells them.

#6124 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

He should buy them from CPR...

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

#6126 2 years ago

I took the plunge on the Mezel mountain mod. I will post pics once I get it and then get it installed.

#6129 2 years ago

My buddy Kevin is looking for a Getaway. I told him I'm not ready to sell. I think I may never be ready to sell. But, to help him out. I'm posting his ad here in case anyone wants to sell;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46621

#6131 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

My buddy Kevin is looking for a Getaway. I told him I'm not ready to sell. I think I may never be ready to sell. But, to help him out. I'm posting his ad here in case anyone wants to sell;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46621

This dude has no sense of reality, but here is one for sale in my neck of the woods: dallas.craigslist.org link

#6132 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This dude has no sense of reality, but here is one for sale in my neck of the woods:

You would be surprised.. I agree in USD that is pretty steep for what looks like an average Getaway but up here in the great white north they are going for stupid money. 4 to 5 grand now in restored shape.

#6133 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Been a little slow here so,

I agree. Everyone wake the f@#k up !!!!

#6135 2 years ago

#6136 2 years ago

Hi all,

I finally joined the club this weekend!
SAM_0270 (resized).JPG

I'm debating about doing decals, as I hate the whole process. While the sides aren't terrible, the front is noticeably faded to light pink. May have to pick some up.

Playfield has full mylar that needs removed. Looks like Free Ride insert has some lifting near the top; I'll have to see what can be done there.

Appears to be missing the hair-pin turn guard, unless it's in the bag of spare parts that came with it. Apparently one of the middle super charger magnets isn't working so I'll have to look into that.

Reading through this thread, it looks like I'll have to do some mods:
- extra plastics
- lite tachometers
- faceted pop bumpers
- mountain
- misc stickers (donut heaven, etc)
- light blocking traffic light mod
Might also do
- speaker panel gauge lights (DIY)
- key start button

Haven't decided what ROM to install, but I am interested in looking into the bugs once the machine is up and running.

#6137 2 years ago

Welcome to the Getaway crew, convenient Police escape routes are over here <<< and over here >>> just don't go over here ^^^ that one is a cunningly disguised trap. There's some really knowledgeable chaps in the club who are always willing to help out should you need some machine savvy tips. Just watch out for MP, he's gone a bit funny from too much exposure to LED light (Jokes)

#6138 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,

I'm debating about doing decals, as I hate the whole process. While the sides aren't terrible, the front is noticeably faded to light pink. May have to pick some up.
Playfield has full mylar that needs removed. Looks like Free Ride insert has some lifting near the top; I'll have to see what can be done there.
Appears to be missing the hair-pin turn guard, unless it's in the bag of spare parts that came with it. Apparently one of the middle super charger magnets isn't working so I'll have to look into that.
- extra plastics
- lite tachometers
- faceted pop bumpers
- mountain
Might also do
- key start button
Haven't decided what ROM to install, but I am interested in looking into the bugs once the machine is up and running.

Welcome to the club, always room for one more. Sounds like you have some work to do but thanks for saving another Getaway.

Quoted from Mancave:

Just watch out for MP, he's gone a bit funny from too much exposure to LED light (Jokes)

oh you mean from this. I gotta get that fugly sticker off one of these days, it just ruins the whole effect.

IMGA0893 (resized).JPG

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta get that fugly sticker off one of these days

Wonder if you could light it up

#6140 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Wonder if you could light it up

but I did light up my pool table with rgb.

IMGA0017 (resized).JPG

#6141 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see a few bar stools that look like they could use some LED strips. Maybe battery powered so you can freely move them around the room?

You're slacking Paul... you're slacking!!

#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Hi all,

- extra plastics
- lite tachometers
- faceted pop bumpers
- mountain
Might also do
- key start button

Welcome!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn Stang, that looks like a tanning bed!

#6143 2 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Playfield has full mylar that needs removed.

Welcome to the club! Must be aftermarket as I don't think any Getaways came mylared.

#6144 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I see a few bar stools that look like they could use some LED strips. Maybe battery powered so you can freely move them around the room?
You're slacking Paul... you're slacking!!

Hmmmmm

#6146 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Welcome to the club! Must be aftermarket as I don't think any Getaways came mylared.

Weren't they mostly if not all Diamond Plate?

#6147 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Mine has a few mylar pieces, and to me they appear stock.

#6148 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine is Diamond Plate, but has mylar around the pops, and another piece around the outlanes, I think.

#6149 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Mine has a few mylar pieces, and to me they appear stock.

Quoted from Charger500:

Mine is Diamond Plate, but has mylar around the pops, and another piece around the outlanes, I think.

Yeah, mylar was installed around the slings and up top near pop bumpers, even on DP playfields... some owners install it on modern pins too, not a bad idea.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, the first version was not DP

His is not a prototype because he has "gear" around 1st - 5th and it's orange not yellow

prototype PF (resized).jpg

#6150 2 years ago

I know there is some smaller mylared areas but he did say full mylar and i dont think that ever came stock on these pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9910 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 199.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside