• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 277.
#6051 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Got one of the first light up speaker panels

I don't see anyone posting so your the first. Did you get the deluxe set?

#6052 6 years ago

This is a club I've never been a member of , but I really need to change that someday . Easily my favorite pin as a young teen , it was earthshaker that got my love for pins started and HS2 and fishtales that locked it in for a lifetime .

#6053 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

This is a club I've never been a member of , but I really need to change that someday . Easily my favorite pin as a young teen , it was earthshaker that got my love for pins started and HS2 and fishtales that locked it in for a lifetime .

I hope you can find one in Canada.

#6054 6 years ago

thanks mustangpaul ,where i live , there are no pins lol . i always have to travel for them , or buy new. I will find once some day for sure !

#6055 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Got one of the first light up speaker panels

Nice, I got one too but I did not buy the new cover... do you have the link for the installation? They stamped my receipt but I took the wrong copy.

Thanks!

#6056 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't see anyone posting so your the first. Did you get the deluxe set?

Yes, got the deluxe kit

#6057 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Nice, I got one too but I did not buy the new cover... do you have the link for the installation? They stamped my receipt but I took the wrong copy.
Thanks!

I have the link, I'll double check when I get to the truck, but I believe it was just the website/instructions.

#6058 6 years ago

It's alright I got it... but I had to stop my installation because there were a few issues.

1. The ground connector off the black wire was too small, no big deal, I just cut it off and put on a larger one.

2. There are no holes to reattach the H channel bracket, guess I could drill them but there isn't anything in the instructions on how to reattach the cover to the light up panel.

3. My mounting brackets are totally different than the ones they show that go on the side of the wood in the back box where mine go over top so I need to make or buy some brackets.

These guys were great to talk to at the show and I like the concept of what they are doing, especially knowing I can take my panel to any game that it supports, just like the ColorDMD, it's not game specific. It's just too bad I have to wait to install the board

#6059 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's alright I got it... but I had to stop my installation because there were a few issues.

1. The ground connector off the black wire was too small, no big deal, I just cut it off and put on a larger one.

2. There are no holes to reattach the H channel bracket, guess I could drill them but there isn't anything in the instructions on how to reattach the cover to the light up panel.

3. My mounting brackets are totally different than the ones they show that go on the side of the wood in the back box where mine go over top so I need to make or buy some brackets.

These guys were great to talk to at the show and I like the concept of what they are doing, especially knowing I can take my panel to any game that it supports, just like the ColorDMD, it's not game specific. It's just too bad I have to wait to install the board

Interesting. Curious to see if anyone else has installation issues.

#6060 6 years ago

So I did a top side tear down today to replace the post that holds the front super charger rack in place which worked perfectly. Thanks for that.

I also put in a set of Cliffy protectors.

The tunnel protector works great. No issues.

Unfortunately I also go the shooter lane protector and with it installed the game can't kick a ball out of the trough. I have tried adjusting everything including a new coil and sleeve and nothing I change helps get the ball over the protector. The moment I remove the protector all is right in the world of The Getaway again.

I am wondering if the lockout arm is worn down just enough that it can't get the ball to clear.

#6061 6 years ago

Where the hell are all my Getaway buddies ? Havent seen this thread so quiet in some time.

#6062 6 years ago

Has anyone that has purchased the Getaway playfield from Pete installed it yet ? Im ready to pull the trigger on one but need a little nudging ..

#6063 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Where the hell are all my Getaway buddies ? Havent seen this thread so quiet in some time.

Here i is. Just waiting for my speaker panel to get here, hopefully any day now.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Has anyone that has purchased the Getaway playfield from Pete installed it yet ? Im ready to pull the trigger on one but need a little nudging ..

Just DO IT!!! How about I come up there and kick ya in the ass till ya buy one, would that be enough motivation?

#6064 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here i is. Just waiting for my speaker panel to get here, hopefully any day now.

How did you get one ? lol I know you wernt at Allentown !

Quoted from MustangPaul:Just DO IT!!! How about I come up there and kick ya in the ass till ya buy one, would that be enough motivation?

With our dollar its about $1300.00 Canadian !!

#6065 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

but need a little nudging

NUDGE NUDGE, wink wink, say no more
They are awesome playfields, can guarantee that. I won't be doing mine for some time soon, the original is still pretty good.

#6066 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

With our dollar its about $1300.00 Canadian

You should try working in Aus dollars

#6067 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I was wondering the same thing, would love to hear from anyone who got one.

#6068 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You should try working in Aus dollars

What did it end up costing you equal to CAN dollars ? Just curious.

#6069 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I won't be doing mine for some time soon, the original is still pretty good.

Thats whats holding me back.. While mine is no where near perfect.. Its in pretty good shape. But after fully restoring mine other than the playfield, Is it really worth it ?

#6070 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Is your wife a goer ? lol

#6071 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

They are awesome playfields, can guarantee that. I won't be doing mine for some time soon, the original is still pretty good.

Do you plan on doing any more clear coat on it before installing or does it look good to go as it is ?

#6072 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

What did it end up costing you equal to CAN dollars ? Just curious.

From memory it was about $1400 Aus, our conversion rates from Euro's are shocking. I just checked currency conversion and found that our currencies are virtually the same at the moment. Oz is just in front

#6073 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

From memory it was about $1400 Aus, our conversion rates from Euro's are shocking. I just checked currency conversion and found that our currencies are virtually the same at the moment

So its about equal to Canadian . Do you think its worth it for a B title pin ? Just asking opinions.

#6074 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is it really worth it ?

I think they are, yes, but i was more of the idea of having one spare so if ever needed it was there in storage.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Do you plan on doing any more clear coat on it before installing or does it look good to go as it is ?

Personally i think they don't need extra clear although i know some have thought otherwise. They have a fantastic smooth finish

#6075 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Personally i think they don't need extra clear although i know some have thought otherwise. They have a fantastic smooth finish

Man, i need to pull the trigger but its a lot of cash for a playfield !!! lol

#6076 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Do you think its worth it for a B title pin ? Just asking opinions.

Doesn't matter what others think!! All that matters is what you think, its your money.

#6077 6 years ago

It's no B pin to me , be damned if I can ever catch up to one , especially when I'm cash handy .

#6078 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Do you think its worth it for a B title pin ?

Who says it a B title, it an A on my list!

#6079 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Is your wife a goer ? lol

lmao! Classic Monty Python +1 for both of you!

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

So its about equal to Canadian . Do you think its worth it for a B title pin ? Just asking opinions.

If by B title you mean a lower cost machine then nothing that expensive would be of value if you're looking at it as an investment; however, it's in the top 50 and holding at 35 considering all the new pins coming out I'd say that's pretty good. I think one of the reasons it's a lower cost pin is because the production run was high but it's value has jumped up quite a bit in the last few years.

If your PF is beat up, worn out, faded, planking, chipping and/or the inserts are lifting then, yes it's worth it...

#6080 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

How did you get one ? lol I know you wernt at Allentown !

Dan and I did some horse trading so he could have my Leg Light-Ups on his games for the shows he's going to. Don't know if he had them on at that show though, it was his first so I'll have to wait to hear from him or see some pictures to see if they made it on.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

With our dollar its about $1300.00 Canadian !!

But if ya need it what ya gonna do....just bite the bullet.

#6081 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If by B title you mean a lower cost machine then nothing that expensive would be of value if you're looking at it as an investment; however, it's in the top 50 and holding at 35 with all the new pins coming out I'd say that's pretty good. I think one of the reasons it's a lower cost pin is the production run is high but it's value has jumped up quite a bit in the last few years.

If your PF is beat up, worn out, faded, planking, chipping and/or the inserts are lifting then, yes it's worth it...

Totally agree and with the color dmd, lit speaker panel, new decals all available now and maybe a 3d tl in the future the value of the game will only go up.

#6082 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Still here Superbee. I placed a Titan order yesterday. Just some new flipper rubbers, sling rubbers, and balls. When I get them in, I'll show a pic. Wish I had more opportunity to play. I can make the time to play, but this old Williams pin is so mechanically loud that it disrups the kid's homework. Joined a league to get my pinball fix in twice a month.

#6083 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Totally agree and with the color dmd, lit speaker panel, new decals all available now and maybe a 3d tl in the future the value of the game will only go up.

The beauty of some of these mods you listed is these can be swapped out to another pin or sold separately, it's the reason I still have my plasma dmd and kept my Getaway speaker panel in tact...

#6084 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The beauty of some of these mods you listed is these can be swapped out to another pin or sold separately, it's the reason I still have my plasma dmd and kept my Getaway speaker panel in tact...

Yup.

#6085 6 years ago

Thanks for all the opinions guys. Appreciate it. My Getaway is fully restored except for the playfield. It's not in bad shape by any means. No wear spots on the main areas but it does have a few inserts slightly lifting and a slight wear around some inserts because of it. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a new one and then touch up and clear the old one after the swap to sell and offset some of the cost.

#6086 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Doesn't matter what others think!! All that matters is what you think, its your money.

This is true for sure but always nice to have second opinions.

#6087 6 years ago

The biggest problem I have on my playfield is raised inserts. They do misdirect the ball at times. I'd like to fix that, but I think it would a PITA. Some wear around the kick hole and the plunger kick, and some light crazing in a few spots, but not enough for me to consider refinishing or replacing.

#6088 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The biggest problem I have on my playfield is raised inserts. They do misdirect the ball at times. I'd like to fix that, but I think it would a PITA.

You can buy a 12 inch deep throat C clamp from Harbor Freight for 10.00 (they won't ship to Canada so I cant). With that you can access all the inserts. Couple of blocks of wood and a heat gun and you can level all your inserts fairly easily.

#6089 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You can buy a 12 inch deep throat C clamp from Harbor Freight for 10.00 (they won't ship to Canada so I cant). With that you can access all the inserts. Couple of blocks of wood and a heat gun and you can level all your inserts fairly easily.

Alright. I figured you'd have an answer. That makes sense, but what I'm considering the pain would be removing everything; wireforms, slings, posts, light, etc. just to get to the insets to clamp them. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like a big job, at least for me.

#6090 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Alright. I figured you'd have an answer. That makes sense, but what I'm considering the pain would be removing everything; wireforms, slings, posts, light, etc. just to get to the insets to clamp them. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like a big job, at least for me.

I've used the method described by Cliffy in a previous thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leveling-inserts#post-42534

Worked for me... but YMMV.

#6091 6 years ago

Yeah, it really depends on which inserts need leveling. Most can be reached without removing much but there are some that will need the way cleared for sure. Maybe for the ten bucks just buy the clamp and do the ones you can easily reach and then just wait until due to either neccesary repairs or cleaning you need to remove things in the tougher areas and then do them inserts. I guess it really comes down to how much it bothers you.

#6092 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've used the method described by Cliffy in a previous thread

I'm not sure how many people want to slam a hammer down onto their playfield over and over again (especially folks that are not good with said tool) but it can work if done right.

#6093 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I'm not sure how many people want to slam a hammer down onto their playfield over and over again (especially folks that are not good with said tool) but it can work if done right.

I'm guessing very few if any "want" to... but if the alternative is disassembly of the playfield, then I'd be willing to bet more would want to use a hammer than perform a tear down if it's only an insert or two. I did say YMMV, because I realize it's not for everyone... and should be used with caution.

#6094 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm guessing very few if any "want" to... but if the alternative is disassembly of the playfield, then I'd be willing to bet more would want to use a hammer than perform a tear down if it's only an insert or two. I did say YMMV, because I realize it's not for everyone... and should be used with caution.

Completely agree.

#6095 6 years ago

I ran into some issues, the plug was broken on the led controller so I had to solder it back on and they gave me the wrong panel, so I need to talk with them. I paid for the deluxe but got the ultimate, which I did not want...

The remote is clunky and I'm too stupid to figure it out so here's a quick pic for you in white...

20170509_155145_resized (resized).jpg20170509_155145_resized (resized).jpg
20170509_151152_resized (resized).jpg20170509_151152_resized (resized).jpg
20170509_153528_resized (resized).jpg20170509_153528_resized (resized).jpg

#6096 6 years ago

That sucks about the plug. I'm sure they will send you a new one. Looks great though. What's the difference between the ultimate and the deluxe board?

#6097 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

That sucks about the plug. I'm sure they will send you a new one. Looks great though. What's the difference between the ultimate and the deluxe board?

Yeah, it looks pretty good. The plug could have been my fault but it's fixed so I'm not going to worry about it, although, your probably right I bet they would send me a new one.

The Deluxe has white light only on the panel and color options on the speakers and the Ultimate had color option on the panel and the speakers. This is great for people who want color on that panel but the issue to me is white light on color panels isn't a good "clean" white, more or a pinkish tone... it's like that on RBG keyboards and most LED color changing bulbs...

#6098 6 years ago

I have paid 90% for my repro from Peter. Paid 100€ every two weeks since Feb. They are going to be ready around end of July. My original has lifting inserts and they effect game play. I also have some slight gouging in the back orbit from the ramp. Its playable tho. I will be doing a complete restore this winter on my HS2. Cab is beat, faded and all around worn. I have been collecting all the replacement parts for the last two years. Have Mountain, new plastics, supercharger, wire forms, coin door, rails, repro mirror backglass...and a shit tonne of other smaller pieces. Had her for 4 years she deserves the makover because she was the pin that got me back into this great hobby. Just pull the trigger Superbee and give your girl the final touch she needs!

#6099 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The Deluxe has white light only on the panel and color options on the speakers and the Ultimate had color option on the panel and the speakers. This is great for people who want color on that panel but the issue to me is white light on color panels isn't a good "clean" white, more or a pinkish tone... it's like that on RBG keyboards and most LED color changing bulbs...

Thanks for clarifying for me. Yeah, i think im going to go with the deluxe.

#6100 6 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

I have paid 90% for my repro from Peter. Paid 100€ every two weeks since Feb. They are going to be ready around end of July. My original has lifting inserts and they effect game play. I also have some slight gouging in the back orbit from the ramp. Its playable tho. I will be doing a complete restore this winter on my HS2. Cab is beat, faded and all around worn. I have been collecting all the replacement parts for the last two years. Have Mountain, new plastics, supercharger, wire forms, coin door, rails, repro mirror backglass...and a shit tonne of other smaller pieces. Had her for 4 years she deserves the makover because she was the pin that got me back into this great hobby. Just pull the trigger Superbee and give your girl the final touch she needs!

I just pulled the trigger !!!
I did a full restore on mine and im not far from you. Let me know if i can be of any help when your ready to go.

Look what was waiting for me when i got home tonight ...

IMG_20170509_174459 (resized).jpgIMG_20170509_174459 (resized).jpgIMG_20170509_174641 (resized).jpgIMG_20170509_174641 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.