• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 277.
#6001 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Honestly, I'm not really sure but there have been cases of these ribbon cables causing issues with people's boards, I'd really have to dive into this more but the cables can go bad causing all sorts of problems.

Does anyone have the sound Rom they can share? I can't seem to find it online.

#6002 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeewiz13:

I have not seen it, but have never purposefully looked for it. Also, I have read every single post in this thread and don't ever recall it being discussed.

#6004 6 years ago

I've had a couple of requests for shaft dimensions so here is some pics with dimensions for future reference. In the first pic you can see that the overall length of my new one is virtually identical to the original. The only thing that you will need to consider is the type of knob you are attaching and it's thread. Most car shifter knobs are 3/8th UNC ( same as the thread on the one pictured ) but there are variations. The particular knob i used has a screw on cover at the base so it is longer than some of the ball types. It won't be too hard to work out what you will need in regards thread length and you might need to step down the front edge (just behind the thread) if the shaft will go into the back of your chosen knob somewhat. The original stainless steel rod size (2cm portion behind thread) is 16mm or 5/8th, the step down size (rest of the rod) is 13.65mm or about 17/32. The thread size for the knob is 3/8th UNC, as stated, you may need to change that. All the other dimensions i have included on the pics and if you need to ask me any questions about these, then please feel free.
It's my own personal preference of course but i still feel it is far better to keep your original shaft intact. If you ever want to change back it's a 2 minute job to reinstall. You could always sell the original if you never want to change back and it will be worth more being in original condition

DSC02990 (resized).JPGDSC02990 (resized).JPG

DSC02991 (resized).JPGDSC02991 (resized).JPG

DSC02991 - Copy (resized).JPGDSC02991 - Copy (resized).JPG

DSC02992 (resized).JPGDSC02992 (resized).JPG

#6005 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, except I'll get mine without the LED speaker lights, it's just too much for me...

I've been playing around with photoshop after I got the CPR Back Glass, which I really like, and it seems like the red LED speakers look better than the stock speak covers so maybe I'll change my mind and give that one a try...

#6006 6 years ago

ot ....oh.......my High Speed 2 is giving off a smell...you know....that something frying smell.....seems to happen in multi ball, I can't seem to locate it...but it keeps on playing! I guess I will find out someday someway when it pops!

#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

ot ....oh.......my High Speed 2 is giving off a smell...you know....that something frying smell.....seems to happen in multi ball, I can't seem to locate it...but it keeps on playing! I guess I will find out someday someway when it pops!

Hopefully you don't do any serious damage before you find the source.

#6008 6 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

Can you tell if it's from the cab or bb?

#6009 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Hopefully you don't do any serious damage before you find the source.

Yeah, that would be the concern.

It only happens during multi ball?

Not sure how that would be different unless it's mars lamp motor or board?

#6010 6 years ago

You guys have got me thinking about upgrades. I'm wanting to put together a wish list. I'm thinking that new mirrored translite, the lighted dmd box, the color dmd. None of these will make me play any better. Maybe I just try and mod the dmd/speaker box myself and try and backlight it with some led strips or something. Y'all got me spending more money on this thing than it's worth, but I don't have plans to sell anytime soon.

#6011 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Y'all got me spending more money on this thing than it's worth, but I don't have plans to sell anytime soon.

Welcome to pinball. How about the expense I've faced with 13 games.....and I once was up to 16.

#6012 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

You guys have got me thinking about upgrades. I'm wanting to put together a wish list. I'm thinking that new mirrored translite, the lighted dmd box, the color dmd. None of these will make me play any better. Maybe I just try and mod the dmd/speaker box myself and try and backlight it with some led strips or something. Y'all got me spending more money on this thing than it's worth, but I don't have plans to sell anytime soon.

Some of these mods (colorDMD, Back Glass and light up panel) can be taken off and sold separately if the buyer doesn't want them or isn't willing to pay your asking price because of these upgrades but if you don't plan on selling your pin then it shouldn't matter.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to pinball.

Yup

#6013 6 years ago

I can't find a link for the speaker box light up kit. I thought I saw it on some thread called "This thread is gonna cost you" or something, but it lights up the gauges in the DMD/speaker box, not just the speakers. Anyone found this?

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I can't find a link for the speaker box light up kit. I thought I saw it on some thread called "This thread is gonna cost you" or something, but it lights up the gauges in the DMD/speaker box, not just the speakers. Anyone found this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please

#6016 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks, so gone are the $50 - $100 mods, I guess. Start at $200 and go up from there.

No, you can get plenty of mods for a lot less but the ones you mentioned are expensive. Just to give you an idea, here is my pin with the new Back Glass from CPR, my ColorDMD and a photoshop of the light up panel.

Test (resized).jpgTest (resized).jpg

#6017 6 years ago

Why don't I just save all this modding money and buy another pin? Then I could start over on repairing and modding that one.

#6018 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

No, you can get plenty of mods for a lot less but the ones you mentioned are expensive. Just to give you an idea, here is my pin with the new Back Glass from CPR, my ColorDMD and a photoshop of the light up panel.

Thanks!! I have the CPR backglass and wondered how the light up speaker panel and Color DMD would look with it. Is that the LCD version of the Color DMD? I'm thinking about going with the LED version. That's going to be the best mod available for this pin.

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Why don't I just save all this modding money and buy another pin? Then I could start over on repairing and modding that one.

#6020 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Thanks!! I have the CPR backglass and wondered how the light up speaker panel and Color DMD would look with it. Is that the LCD version of the Color DMD? I'm thinking about going with the LED version. That's going to be the best mod available for this pin.

Yes, it is the LCD ColorDMD

Quoted from Charger500:

You should buy another pin if you can and once you have all the pins you want you can start modding them or leave them stock... you will be hard pressed to find any DMD title for 2.5k and more sought after titles are 3.5k and up. All the mods can be done over time and is lot easier to swallow spending $200 a year for 3 or 4 years opposed to dropping 3.5k in one shot.

#6021 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeewiz13:

Sent you a PM RE: Sound Rom file

#6022 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks, so gone are the $50 - $100 mods, I guess. Start at $200 and go up from there.

No not at all, my mod is only $85 shipped.

#6023 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

By then you'll spend TWICE as much modding both of them.

#6024 6 years ago

Hey, it's a hobby. We spend money on things we like playing with and working on. Was in the garage with my new car telling my wife all of the mods I plan on doing to it and her exact quote was, "It's not a pinball machine, you know." All that time I thought I was getting away with adding stuff to my Getaway she actually noticed everything!

#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey, it's a hobby. We spend money on things we like playing with and working on. Was in the garage with my new car telling my wife all of the mods I plan on doing to it and her exact quote was, "It's not a pinball machine, you know." All that time I thought I was getting away with adding stuff to my Getaway she actually noticed everything!

lol, busted!

#6026 6 years ago

Added the speed limit light

IMG_1035 (resized).JPGIMG_1035 (resized).JPG

#6027 6 years ago

Pinsound board......... check.
CPR mirrored back glass..... check.
New playfield...... check.

In search of restorable Getaway pinball machine!

#6029 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Pinsound board......... check.
CPR mirrored back glass..... check.
New playfield...... check.
In search of restorable Getaway pinball machine!

Great but now the hard part. Good luck.

#6030 6 years ago

Thanks. It's not much, but adds a little more light. I'd like to back light the more obscure plastics like the deer, but getting to it looks like a PITA.

#6031 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks. It's not much, but adds a little more light. I'd like to back light the more obscure plastics like the deer, but getting to it looks like a PITA.

Not too difficult & I outline how I did mine earlier in the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/85#post-3476037

#6032 6 years ago

Thanks, T. I'd forgotten you'd done that. Time for a new Comet order.

#6033 6 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Anyone heard anything on the mountain mod reproduction that there were rumors about?

We are getting closer, need to make some custom plastics.

IMG_0848 (resized).JPGIMG_0848 (resized).JPG
IMG_0849 (resized).JPGIMG_0849 (resized).JPG

IMG_0852 (resized).JPGIMG_0852 (resized).JPG

#6034 6 years ago

Is this a prototype? The gaps are too big and the plastic is too thin. It just don't look right maybe it's the paint scheme. Sorry

#6035 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Anyone with a Pinsound board want give a Fast and the Furious mix a go? It is probably really rough. I have only worked on it using Pinsound Studio and a PSREC file. I have yet to put it in my own game.
It is not done but feel free to check it out and provide feedback.
Updated to V1.5
More Music from the films and more Call Outs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i86bihyq2ghoh/Getaway_HS2_Fast_and_Furious_V1.5_BOS98.zip?dl=0

Is this your most up to date version?

#6036 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is this your most up to date version?

Even though I am not a F&F fan, this is pretty cool. I really like the coice call outs, and they sound so much better than the originals.

#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Is this a prototype? The gaps are too big and the plastic is too thin. It just don't look right maybe it's the paint scheme. Sorry

It will look better with the plastic reinstalled I think

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Even though I am not a F&F fan, this is pretty cool. I really like the coice call outs, and they sound so much better than the originals.

Most up to date for now. I got busy and couldn't give it more than the few hours I put in to it thus far. I would love to get some more call outs in the game, especially from The Rock and more Tyrese and Ludacris as they are pretty funny.

Prior to these films coming out I worked doing tech installs at an import car shop. These movies were amazing for business.

I still own this 19 years later.

IMG_1005 (resized).JPGIMG_1005 (resized).JPG

IMG_9737 (resized).JPGIMG_9737 (resized).JPG

#6039 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

It will look better with the plastic reinstalled I think

The plastic is thicker than the original mountain model however it can't be too much thicker due to space constraints.
We are having a custom plastic replacement cut to replace the existing version- not sure it will cover the gap. Will look at the model and see if it can be adjusted.

#6040 6 years ago

Well to me the plastic by the nut is to thin and it's not going to last. It's going to break with air balls. Are you going to lose the side plastic as well? That's where I have one of my police cars. That big gap plus those metal tabs just don't look right to me. Maybe it'll look better with the plastic reinstall. I do like the tunnel entrance with the 1992 on it though.

1b590afeebb83ee6b5516f20c405d08dc6bfa060 (resized).jpg1b590afeebb83ee6b5516f20c405d08dc6bfa060 (resized).jpg

3ae69718296aae9f2d3dd8c8f21d3185c263b63f (resized).jpg3ae69718296aae9f2d3dd8c8f21d3185c263b63f (resized).jpg

#6041 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Well to me the plastic by the nut is to thin and it's not going to last. It's going to break with air balls

I have the original tunnel and its very thin. Its been installed for over a year and no issues. I dont think it will be a problem.

#6042 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Well to me the plastic by the nut is to thin and it's not going to last. It's going to break with air balls. Are you going to lose the side plastic as well? That's where I have one of my police cars. That big gap plus those metal tabs just don't look right to me. Maybe it'll look better with the plastic reinstall. I do like the tunnel entrance with the 1992 on it though.

Then don't buy it.
Problem solved.

#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We are getting closer, need to make some custom plastics.

Looks great ! Maybe add a plastic with a "RADAR AHEAD" stand up sign to the custom plastic as well.

#6044 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Then don't buy it.
Problem solved.

Did somebody get their feelings hurt?

#6045 6 years ago

Fixed !! And yeah Mr T, i know, still need to replace the rubbers
By the way, for future reference for anyone wanting to replace those double ring posts you can use 02-4423, there is enough thread to go through the plastic, support leg and still lock down tight

DSC02993 (resized).JPGDSC02993 (resized).JPG

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Did somebody get their feelings hurt?

Sounds like yours were

#6047 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Fixed !! And yeah Mr T, i know, still need to replace the rubbers
By the way, for future reference for anyone wanting to replace those double ring posts you can use 02-4423, there is enough thread to go through the plastic, support leg and still lock down tight

Excellent!

#6048 6 years ago

Got one of the first light up speaker panels

IMG_1875 (resized).JPGIMG_1875 (resized).JPG

#6049 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Got one of the first light up speaker panels

Im sooo jealous !! Cant wait to get one. I assume you got it at Allentown as they are not for sale here yet. Please keep us informed as to how the fit and finish is and please...lots of photos !!

#6050 6 years ago

Yes, at Allentown. He just got the HS2 panels in the other day. Won't get to my game till next week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/121?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.