• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 277.
#5951 6 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

The ramp connects in the first way you describe - the rails are spread open.
However, it still bounces in the same way when it falls into the inlane normally.

I have seen it where someone has actually bent the end of the wireform to speed up the ball travel through the inlane
It was on a Taxi
What does the end of your wireform look like?

#5952 6 years ago

Try the wire form this way, left rail on the inside and the right rail on the outside, having them spread open is probably making the ball travel too fast down the ramp and with the super-bands it's too much bounce

20161011_230622 (resized).jpg20161011_230622 (resized).jpg

#5953 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you can buy the decals for the front of the Getaway? My machine had a lock bar when it was originally used so the decals look pretty crappy. Thanks.

#5954 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone know if you can buy the decals for the front of the Getaway? My machine had a lock bar when it was originally used so the decals look pretty crappy. Thanks.

You have to buy the whole set.

#5955 6 years ago

Well after months and months of not working on my Getaway I finally got it back together and redoing the cabinet and shopping out the playfield. Last thing to do is add LED's to the head and mods..

#5956 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5957 6 years ago

Mine is back together now too. I wired up some IKEA dioder led lights to the 12v at the coin door today.

IMG_1415 (resized).JPGIMG_1415 (resized).JPG

#5958 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Mine is back together now too. I wired up some IKEA dioder led lights to the 12v at the coin door today.

Looks great. Now to top it off you need my red leg lights.

#5959 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great. Now to top it off you need my red leg lights.

That is like a gateway drug, leg lights on one = leg lights on 10!!! Must save money, second child is due in the next few weeks!

#5960 6 years ago

Anyone with a Pinsound board want give a Fast and the Furious mix a go? It is probably really rough. I have only worked on it using Pinsound Studio and a PSREC file. I have yet to put it in my own game.

It is not done but feel free to check it out and provide feedback.

Updated to V1.5
More Music from the films and more Call Outs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i86bihyq2ghoh/Getaway_HS2_Fast_and_Furious_V1.5_BOS98.zip?dl=0

#5961 6 years ago

Any suggestions on restoring the front decals and damage caused by the lock bar? Thanks.

Front (resized).jpgFront (resized).jpg

#5962 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

That is like a gateway drug, leg lights on one = leg lights on 10!!! Must save money, second child is due in the next few weeks!

Yup baby is way more important. Congrats.

#5963 6 years ago

I have a complete set of decals if anyone is needing them. I can get you pictures, just pulled them out of my little storage room last night.

#5964 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any suggestions on restoring the front decals and damage caused by the lock bar? Thanks.

I don't know if my guy would print just the front, or if he was willing what it would cost. However, assuming he would for a price you could accept, isn't a new front cabinet decal going to clash pretty badly with all the other faded artwork? Also, you would need to install the metal cab protectors to prevent from bubbling the decal(s).

#5965 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Spot paint it black and put the face of a real gauge in its place.
You could even light it up.
Just a thought

#5966 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Have to do something to make it look better.

#5967 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Spot paint it black and put the face of a real gauge in its place.
You could even light it up.
Just a thought

I contemplated putting some old AutoMeter gauges I have floating around here somewhere in to the machine, but I rather not deal with the desire that would arise to make them functional.

#5968 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I contemplated putting some old AutoMeter gauges I have floating around here somewhere in to the machine, but I rather not deal with the desire that would arise to make them functional.

I agree, his cabinet is already drilled so if he cut the gauge down he could attach the face and glass with silicone and run the wire for the light through the existing hole.
A small fuel gauge is cheap.

#5969 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks like you also need to clean up the coin door a little, and maybe update your inserts with some of my freebies: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

Also, look like you could use a custom Getaway keychain:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/91#post-3514484

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/92#post-3515346

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/92#post-3516975 (this is a pick before I redid my decals)

PS if/when you do replace the front decal, I would also suggest painting all of the bolt heads gloss black before reinstalling them. You could use a spray enamel, or since I had some in a can I just brushed it on. Small thing, but looks great and much better that the rusty color.

#5970 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now to top it off you need my red leg lights

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, look like you could use a custom Getaway keychain

OMG for a minute there I thought I was at a car dealership with sharks. Just joking around

#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And here is my keychain in action.
2 more keychain spots left if there are any additional takers. $7 shipped to continental US (I will ship outside US too, but will have to calculate custom rate).

How did you change the gearshift knob?

#5972 6 years ago

Thanks to Mr. T's artwork, I swapped my coin door inserts just now. I was a bit intimidated on doing them, thinking I might screw something up, but it was easy, and I could return them to stock if needed. Thanks again, T. Big asset for cheap, cool mods.

IMG_1028 (resized).JPGIMG_1028 (resized).JPG

#5973 6 years ago

Fast and The Furious Getaway Pinsound Mix version 1.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i86bihyq2ghoh/Getaway_HS2_Fast_and_Furious_V1.5_BOS98.zip?dl=0

All of the music has been replaced and most of the call outs have been done.

Here is some terrible game play video.

#5974 6 years ago

I was told to post this here:

I had a problem with my upper flipper not working consistently. So I replaced a tip102 and a 1n4403 for the upper flipper and when I put it back in, it made a wierd sound from ​the speakers and my dmd looked corrupt. Also the upper right flipper locked on.

I doubled check my solder work and it was spot on. When I disconnect the ribbon cable, the displays work correctly and the flippers work correctly. I doubled checked my ribbon cable and connectors, all good connections.
I had a replacement sound board (untested) and switched the Rom over. The sound doesn't work but the display is fine and game works fine as well. So...

What could have made my sound board crap out?
Where can I download a Rom to test to see if mine is now corrupt?
Planetary and ipdb don't have sound ROMs.

Otherwise, flipper seems fixed. Just no sound now.

#5975 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

OMG for a minute there I thought I was at a car dealership with sharks. Just joking around

#5976 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

lmao!

#5977 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeewiz13:

I was told to post this here:
I had a problem with my upper flipper not working consistently. So I replaced a tip102 and a 1n4403 for the upper flipper and when I put it back in, it made a wierd sound from ​the speakers and my dmd looked corrupt. Also the upper right flipper locked on.
I doubled check my solder work and it was spot on. When I disconnect the ribbon cable, the displays work correctly and the flippers work correctly. I doubled checked my ribbon cable and connectors, all good connections.
I had a replacement sound board (untested) and switched the Rom over. The sound doesn't work but the display is fine and game works fine as well. So...
What could have made my sound board crap out?
Where can I download a Rom to test to see if mine is now corrupt?
Planetary and ipdb don't have sound ROMs.
Otherwise, flipper seems fixed. Just no sound now.

Honestly, I'm not really sure but there have been cases of these ribbon cables causing issues with people's boards, I'd really have to dive into this more but the cables can go bad causing all sorts of problems.

#5978 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sanding and painting but maybe you can find someone to split the decal set with... or try to cut a print out the gauges on vinyl and cut it out with an exacto knife, there are circle templates you could use for a nice finish. I know it's not perfect but it may spruce it up enough to look good

#5979 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Sanding and painting but maybe you can find someone to split the decal set with... or try to cut a print out the gauges on vinyl and cut it out with an exacto knife, there are circle templates you could use for a nice finish. I know it's not perfect but it may spruce it up enough to look good

Or maybe someone could scan or take a good close up picture of the gauge and switches, clean it up and size it in PhotoShop and make it available so he could print them out on sticky paper and have them laminated. Damn, I used to be good with my Mac and PS.

#5980 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Swimming with the sharks in these waters!

#5981 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

How did you change the gearshift knob?

Dremel tool, hacksaw, and brute strength. You have to physical cut off the original and there is no going back. I don't know what kind of plastic/rubber they used for the original knob cover, but seems like some kind of alien/NASA compound that is indestructible. Once off, you just add the knob of your choosing that fits the shaft and has set screws to hold it on. If you will keyword search this thread you will find step-by-step directions and other examples of how to do it.

#5982 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks to Mr. T's artwork, I swapped my coin door inserts just now. I was a bit intimidated on doing them, thinking I might screw something up, but it was easy, and I could return them to stock if needed. Thanks again, T. Big asset for cheap, cool mods.

Love it! Great free (well a couple of cents of paper and printing) mod that adds some personalization.

#5983 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

All of the music has been replaced and most of the call outs have been done.
» YouTube video
Here is some terrible game play video.

Cool concept. I don't really follow the F&F franchise, but I can appreciate your idea and execution. Even so, I'll download it and give it a try sometime in the next few days (I have so many projects going on right now). I like how PinSound inspires creativity and different ideas for interactive game play. When you get it how you want it be sure to post your orchestration on the PinSound Community forums for others to share (assuming you want to).

#5984 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cool concept. I don't really follow the F&F franchise, but I can appreciate your idea and execution. Even so, I'll download it and give it a try sometime in the next few days (I have so many projects going on right now). I like how PinSound inspires creativity and different ideas for interactive game play. When you get it how you want it be sure to post your orchestration on the PinSound Community forums for others to share (assuming you want to).

When it is done. I played a few games last night and noticed a few timing issues and some audio level issues.

#5985 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dremel tool, hacksaw, and brute strength. You have to physical cut off the original and there is no going back

OR you make another shaft, once you trash that original you may find it hard to get another.
I made a new shaft for mine, it wasn't all that difficult and if you ever decide to go back to the original you can. I did find an arcade joystick bat style handle that is close to the original by the way, made by Sanwa. This might be handy info to know for those that have doctored their original knob

#5986 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dremel tool, hacksaw, and brute strength. You have to physical cut off the original and there is no going back. I don't know what kind of plastic/rubber they used for the original knob cover, but seems like some kind of alien/NASA compound that is indestructible. Once off, you just add the knob of your choosing that fits the shaft and has set screws to hold it on. If you will keyword search this thread you will find step-by-step directions and other examples of how to do it.

Thanks, i figured it had to be cut off, time to break out the cutoff tool

#5987 6 years ago

LOOK guys, i respect everyone's opinion BUT destroying the original shaft is just not necessary. You can make a new shaft out of stainless steel rod and it only needs a thread on one end and on the other end it has a step down in diameter towards the end. The inside end is drilled out to accept the plastic rod and spring and there is a groove cut in for a circlip and that's it. I can supply dimensions if needed and any machinist could make one for you in less than an hour if you don't have the tools to do it.

#5988 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ok, now there are 4 available mixes including the factory! Better get my board installed soon.

#5989 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

LOOK guys, i respect everyone's opinion BUT destroying the original shaft is just not necessary. You can make a new shaft out of stainless steel rod and it only needs a thread on one end and on the other end it has a step down in diameter towards the end. The inside end is drilled out to accept the plastic rod and spring and there is a groove cut in for a circlip and that's it. I can supply dimensions if needed and any machinist could make one for you in less than an hour if you don't have the tools to do it.

While I understand your perspective, there are 2 primary issues to weigh: cost and hassle. Just cutting the original off is no cost and very little hassle verses finding and paying a metal machinist. However, it would be awesome if someone who had access to do it themselves or at low cost actually made a few shafts then offered them at a fair price to the community.

Even so, too late for me and I've never looked back. Figured I can always find a similar "knob" to put back on the shaft if I ever wanted/needed to go back to the original style.

#5990 6 years ago

Check out my Getaway restore thread. I had a friend of mine make a new shaft and used a cool shift knob on it. Still have the original just in case. He made about 5 or 6 of them but all are gone at this point.

#5991 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Check out my Getaway restore thread. I had a friend of mine make a new shaft and used a cool shift knob on it. Still have the original just in case. He made about 5 or 6 of them but all are gone at this point.

2 Things:

1) Where's the link?
2) You have friends?

#5992 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Check in with Mezel Mods (send them a PM or email). I know they are getting close.

For anyone interested, here is the response from mezel mods:

We are working on the mountain reproduction- currently we are working through the manufacturing which has presented a few roadblocks. As a result, we've yet to set a price given we don't have a solid sense of the cost to manufacture.
I hope to have this resolved in the next 30 days however! Stay tuned,

#5993 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

2 Things:
1) Where's the link?
2) You have friends?

1) can't figure out how to link stuff when using my BlackBerry (yes.. I still use a BlackBerry).

2) if I had feelings, that might have hurt.

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

1) can't figure out how to link stuff when using my BlackBerry (yes.. I still use a BlackBerry).

Do I have to do everything for you? You are so high maintenance!: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-cabinet-restoration/page/3#post-3432484

Oh, and to say something completely outside of my character, you did an excellent job on your restoration and your pin is beautiful . . . you hoser!

#5995 6 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

For anyone interested, here is the response from mezel mods:
We are working on the mountain reproduction- currently we are working through the manufacturing which has presented a few roadblocks. As a result, we've yet to set a price given we don't have a solid sense of the cost to manufacture.
I hope to have this resolved in the next 30 days however! Stay tuned,

Well, Mezel makes some cools stuff, but I get the feeling that the price point will be fairly high due to the manual labor required to produce this. While I'm not a mountain mod fan myself, my suggestion would be for them to offer a fully finished version and a raw version for DIYers to paint themselves to their liking. Obviously, however, I have no say or influence on the matter.

#5996 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, Mezel makes some cools stuff, but I get the feeling that the price point will be fairly high due to the manual labor required to produce this. While I'm not a mountain mod fan myself, my suggestion would be for them to offer a fully finished version and a raw version for DIYers to paint themselves to their liking. Obviously, however, I have no say or influence on the matter.

Agreed. A cheaper unfinished version for the DIY guy who doesn't want to make a mold, but is ok with a paint job.

#5997 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do I have to do everything for you? You are so high maintenance!

My God you sound like my wife !!!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh, and to say something completely outside of my character, you did an excellent job on your restoration and your pin is beautiful . . . you hoser!

Thanks EH !!!

#5999 6 years ago

Looks good. Cool to see another one on the road again!

#6000 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Looks good. Cool to see another one on the road again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
There are 13,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/120?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.