• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Getaway.JPG.pdf (PDF preview)
wires2.jpg
wires1.jpg
getaway005 (resized).jpg
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
CF4BA3F1-8798-42F5-93ED-C868E24872A8 (resized).jpeg
B2805FCB-7FE1-41B2-88BC-F12FD7E77765 (resized).jpeg
8F41C362-51A9-4EAA-904F-5D215BB0EFD8 (resized).jpeg

There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 198.
#551 4 years ago

I always thought they were all diamond plate. On the bottom right side of the playfield, it should say diamond plate.

#552 4 years ago

I think I solved my ball jam problem in the rpm orbit. It was very similar to the above thread. All I did was remove the screw holding the metal wall in the back under the supercharger. The ball must of been getting airborne and hitting that screw head. I've played many games and zero issues with balls getting jammed back there. It's so much more fun playing with all shots getting through the orbit.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think I solved my ball jam problem in the rpm orbit. It was very similar to the above thread. All I did was remove the screw holding the metal wall in the back under the supercharger. The ball must of been getting airborne and hitting that screw head. I've played many games and zero issues with balls getting jammed back there. It's so much more fun playing with all shots getting through the orbit.

Good to hear ya fixed it. Play on.

#554 4 years ago

Yes they were. They ALL were regardless of whether or not there's a logo on the playfield.

#555 4 years ago

I'm the newest member of the club!!! I picked up my Getaway in Gatineau this weekend. It's sitting on my living room floor, just daring me to set it up. Can't wait to get it standing and fire up a game!

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm the newest member of the club!!! I picked up my Getaway in Gatineau this weekend. It's sitting on my living room floor, just daring me to set it up. Can't wait to get it standing and fire up a game!

Congrats, fun game.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Yes they were. They ALL were regardless of whether or not there's a logo on the playfield.

Than I tell you what buddy. Why don't you email Jay at ipdb and tell him to change the page.

Because both myself and many others go by this website as "almost" gospel.

#558 4 years ago

So, I was thinking about getting a GI OCD for my HS2. I already have an LED OCD and it's great, but I was wondering how much I would be benefiting by getting the GI OCD. Does HS2 use GI fading enough if at all to make it worth the upgrade?

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Well, what are you waiting for? Plug it in and play. Run the red light!

#560 4 years ago

I mentioned this before but got no response. Anyone get a super high score out of nowhere? I have had a few games go over a billion with little work. One minute I have a few hundred million, play redline mania or a few multiballs, then look up to see a billion. Rarely have I got over 500m. Even my 10 yr old boy got 700m somehow. He is pretty good but not that good. I did get a legit billion with getting to redline mania multiple times, lots of jackpots, and lots of free balls. Anyone have a similar experience? My game does get weird after a while and starts multi ball with one or two locks. With that and the supercharger not currently working, it is easy to run up a high score but not that high.

#561 4 years ago

I think I'd do an exhaustive switch matrix test.

Or maybe video some gameplay and compare your per-switch scores with other people's gameplay footage. I posted some L-2 gameplay footage a few posts back.

#562 4 years ago

How long did you have the game running for before it started getting goofy? Try playing it for the same time period with the light board of the backbox wide open to see if the heat in the bb is affecting the boards.

#563 4 years ago

I had a tech over looking at different issues. He did a factory reset and checked the rollover switches. I thought some were faulty but they all checked out okay. The high scoring happened after that so maybe the reset did something. Filming gameplay is a great idea - going to do that.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Than I tell you what buddy. Why don't you email Jay at ipdb and tell him to change the page.
Because both myself and many others go by this website as "almost" gospel.

I guess the fact I worked for Williams disqualifies me from knowing. Carry on...

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I guess the fact I worked for Williams disqualifies me from knowing. Carry on...

Well then email Jay to get it changed. Misinformation is the enemy.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

#567 4 years ago

Problem: Ball sometimes gets trapped under the lift ramp during multiball. I read thru most of the threads on the lift ramp issues, but curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. When in multi-ball, sometimes one of the balls will get stuck under the lift ramp and will only get released when the games goes into ball search and lifts the ramp. This, of course, ruins multi-ball. Sometimes if more than one ball is still in play, I can knock it loose, but most of the time, the balls stays there until you drain and then goes into ball search looking for the one missing ball. My lift ramp works fine, raising and lowering completely and works fine otherwise during gameplay. The mechanism travels smoothly, up and down, so mechanically there is no binding.

Comments, thoughts, suggestions on what to look for?
Thanks..

#568 4 years ago

Mine did the same thing on occasion, but usually the ramp would recognize that a ball was stuck underneath and it would release said stuck ball before a ball search happened. Not sure of the dynamics of how this actually works to help you, tho...

#569 4 years ago

I think that they know that the ball is likely to get stuck under the ramp, so a standard ball search will just lift the ramp quickly before doing anything else.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Problem: Ball sometimes gets trapped under the lift ramp during multiball. I read thru most of the threads on the lift ramp issues, but curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. When in multi-ball, sometimes one of the balls will get stuck under the lift ramp and will only get released when the games goes into ball search and lifts the ramp. This, of course, ruins multi-ball. Sometimes if more than one ball is still in play, I can knock it loose, but most of the time, the balls stays there until you drain and then goes into ball search looking for the one missing ball. My lift ramp works fine, raising and lowering completely and works fine otherwise during gameplay. The mechanism travels smoothly, up and down, so mechanically there is no binding.
Thanks..

Mine does that. Most of the time it works but on occasion it does not lift at all and traps a ball. I thought the rollover switches were flaky. I did some testing with hand throwing the balls and sometimes the switches did not trip. I had the switches adjusted and tested so I know they work. After that, the problem seems more rare but still happens. I had a problem with balls getting airborne on the left orbit shot so I wouldn't be surprised if balls are getting airborne on the right side and fly over the switches. If so, I top plate would have to be fabricated to keep the balls from getting airborne. Another theory is that the ball takes a different path and does not roll directly over the switch. Not sure what could be done about that.

#571 4 years ago

Thanks,
I will definitely check that right loop switch out, although I know the switch is working for the freeway shots and will cause the ramp to open when it should be, at least most of the time. Sometimes I think this occurs because of a very slow moving ball that is hardly moving in that area of the loop and just gets caught. As much as I like this game, sometimes I wish they would have come up with a better way to lock balls. The ramp constantly raising and lowering during loop shots and and lock shots seems a clumsy way to handle the situation, but it is satisfying to shoot the shot up the ramp to lock balls in the hideout for sure.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well then email Jay to get it changed. Misinformation is the enemy.

It's your gospel, not mine. I have no idea who this Jay is so why don't you go ahead. I was simply correcting your misinformation.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Thanks..

I wonder if the speed of the ball has something to do with it? If it's a really fast ball the ramp might catch it. Just thinking out loud.

#574 4 years ago

So the batteries in my new-to-me HS2 (expired in 2008) had corroded the holder so it is non functioning. Luckily the corrosion seems to stop there.

The software is version 1. Should I upgrade to newer software? Or is newer software only used for mods with add-ons to the playfield? Software versions are a new thing to me.

Also, if a software upgrade is recommended, is there a particular one I should use? How do I perform it, just get some eproms and burn the new software to them and swap them out? If yes to that, where do I get the files and what chips do I need?

PS, this game is so awesome.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

So the batteries in my new-to-me HS2 (expired in 2008) had corroded the holder so it is non functioning. Luckily the corrosion seems to stop there.
The software is version 1. Should I upgrade to newer software? Or is newer software only used for mods with add-ons to the playfield? Software versions are a new thing to me.
Also, if a software upgrade is recommended, is there a particular one I should use? How do I perform it, just get some eproms and burn the new software to them and swap them out? If yes to that, where do I get the files and what chips do I need?

All the ROMS are buggy, but I'd go with L2 or L5 as they're the most popular. All trade one problem for another it seems.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

It's your gospel, not mine. I have no idea who this Jay is so why don't you go ahead. I was simply correcting your misinformation.

That is a thought. I just need to start multiball and see if i can repeat the problem and watch to see what is happening, it happens quite a bit in multiball.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Sorry to hear about the corrosion but congrats on getting a great pin! I am running L5 and it gets buggy at times - especially after redline mania. I would like to try L2 but like you, I am not sure how to do that. Buggy or not, I still really enjoy playing it so not to worried about it.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The software is version 1.

Version 1 can damage your Supercharger driver. You should update to 2 or 5. I get EEPROMs from John Wart here on Pinside. Here is his site:

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm

Purchase an chip puller tool from his site while you're there. You use that to pull the EEPROMs from their sockets on your board.

You're going to lose your high scores, your settings, and your audit data.

Before pulling a chip, mind the orientation of the chip on the board. There will be a notch in the chip on one end and you need to make sure the notch is the same way when you install your new chip. Power off first. Make sure to pull straight, perpendicular to the board. If you pull one end more than the other, you may bend the legs of the chip. Push the new chip in, making sure to match the orientation of the old chip and making sure all the legs get into the socket. Push it in firmly. Power back on and you're done!

1 week later
#579 4 years ago

Here is a video I got of my scoring glitch. At around 3:40, you can see the score jump 250 million or so for no reason.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Here is a video I got of my scoring glitch. At around 3:40, you can see the score jump 250 million or so for no reason.
» YouTube video

5 Loops near the start, nice!

#581 4 years ago

Does anyone else find themselves trying to guess what the hitchhiker will say on your first ball lock?

#582 4 years ago

What do you guy think about this "mod"? Hard to call a sticker a mod but something I wanted to try. I bought it over the internet but it's not exactly what I wanted. It's kind of grungy and more orange than yellow. From behind the flippers, it doesn't look too bad and I can easily remove it if I change my mind.

DSC_1697.JPG
#583 4 years ago

It's better than the bare metal, but I still prefer the donut house from Mezel! :

#584 4 years ago

Yup better then the metal and a heck of a lot cheaper then the Donut House.

#585 4 years ago

The donut house looks out of place to me for some reason. I do like the idea of the mountain mod and a real tunnel. I saw someone selling one but they were sure proud of it.

1 week later
#586 4 years ago

I replaced the batteries on my Getaway and now the volume won't turn down past eight. Any ideas? TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

#587 4 years ago

In the menu, go to A.1 - 28 and adjust that setting which will allow you to turn down the volume below 8. Factory default is set to 'No'.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

In the menu, go to A.1 - 28 and adjust that setting which will allow you to turn down the volume below 8. Factory default is set to 'No'.

Thank you. That worked. I can play with out blasting my ears now.

#589 4 years ago

So about 3 months ago I sold my getaway... I missed it and made an offer to buy it back from the person I sold it to... this past weekend Getaway is back where it belongs ... so sad I didnt have it I had to go buy it back because it is such a great pin.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

So about 3 months ago I sold my getaway... I missed it and made an offer to buy it back from the person I sold it to... this past weekend Getaway is back where it belongs ... so sad I didnt have it I had to go buy it back because it is such a great pin.

As a guy who just can't afford the Twilight Zones, AC/DC, Addams Family, etc. Getaway (along with BSD) is a great flashy newer game that's not complicated yet has some depth beyond a S11. I love mine and don't see it leaving anytime soon.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Hmmmm, a local guy wants mine and I've been thinking of selling.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm, a local guy wants mine and I've been thinking of selling.

If you get a really good offer and not overly attached then go for it. Getaway is fun but so are other pins. Yours looks awesome with the mods, though.

#593 4 years ago

A gameplay question... I racked up 700+ million on the supercharger. I'm wondering if it's a bug (softare is L-1), or if the supercharger mode is designed to give you a s(*t-ton of points if you make the most of it. I got into super-charger mode, and then hit the turbocharger a few times in a row. The supercharger awarded 5 million for the 1st loop, 10 million for the 2nd, 15 million for the 3rd, etc. So after I hit the turbo charger a few times, the score really added. Is this how it is supposed to work? Or should it remain at 5 million per loop / ramp / etc?

Another question - I notice that the number of cop cards parked at the donut house on ball lock #2 changes. Does anyone know if there is any significance to how many cars are there, and where they are parked? Or is this just randomized for fun?

#594 4 years ago

During Super Charger Mode, the super charger award does increase by 5 million for every super charger shot completed during the mode (20 seconds). It's described on page XI of the manual.

The number of police cars in front of Donut Heaven is random and somewhat significant. Shift twice when three cars are shown to start Secret Mania.

#595 4 years ago

The most I got in supercharger mode is 225 million but that is with the supercharger not working. The ball goes up the ramp and straight down instead of doing a loop which adds a lot of extra time to make more shots. If I landed every shot, I might get a upwards of 300 million. With the supercharger working, I don't think I could get more than 140 million. Getting 700+ million would require 17 shots to the supercharger. I think there is 30 seconds in the mode so that would be a supercharger shot every 1.7 seconds. I don't think that would be possible.

I do have a weird scoring glitch I made a movie of and posted in this thread earlier. All my high scores are over a billion but none of them legit. Most people run L2 or L5. I have L5 but it seems very buggy so thinking of trying L2.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

During Super Charger Mode, the super charger award does increase by 5 million for every super charger shot completed during the mode (20 seconds). It's described on page XI of the manual.
The number of police cars in front of Donut Heaven is random and somewhat significant. Shift twice when three cars are shown to start Secret Mania.

Cool! I have to try that!

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The most I got in supercharger mode is 225 million but that is with the supercharger not working. The ball goes up the ramp and straight down instead of doing a loop which adds a lot of extra time to make more shots. If I landed every shot, I might get a upwards of 300 million. With the supercharger working, I don't think I could get more than 140 million. Getting 700+ million would require 17 shots to the supercharger. I think there is 30 seconds in the mode so that would be a supercharger shot every 1.7 seconds. I don't think that would be possible.
I do have a weird scoring glitch I made a movie of and posted in this thread earlier. All my high scores are over a billion but none of them legit. Most people run L2 or L5. I have L5 but it seems very buggy so thinking of trying L2.

17+ shots sounds about right. I was in supercharger mode, and the supercharger was charged up, so I got a few loops in a row out of each shot to the turbocharger, I don't remember if it was 3 or 4 loops. Do that 4 or 5 times (which I did), and there's a big score. Most of the time I drain about 1.8 seconds after going into supercharger mode, but that one time I made the most of it.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

17+ shots sounds about right. I was in supercharger mode, and the supercharger was charged up, so I got a few loops in a row out of each shot to the turbocharger, I don't remember if it was 3 or 4 loops. Do that 4 or 5 times (which I did), and there's a big score. Most of the time I drain about 1.8 seconds after going into supercharger mode, but that one time I made the most of it.

That's weird. I think it should just spin the ball once per shot in supercharger mode. That's what mine always did. Anyone else want to confirm that?

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That's weird. I think it should just spin the ball once per shot in supercharger mode. That's what mine always did. Anyone else want to confirm that?

Yup. Just once then diverts down the left ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 9863 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 198.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside