• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 96 votes
    35%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 277 votes by 276 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Pinsound logic (resized).png
Orchestrations (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.22.44 PM (resized).png
IMG_20200111_085157 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200115-081643 (resized).png
IMG_20200110_170609_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210911 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210903 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210855 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210846 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210816 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_210806 (resized).jpg

There are 10268 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 206.
#5901 2 years ago

Nice work. I can't wait to give it a try!

#5902 2 years ago

Now that's awesome!

#5903 2 years ago

Sounds awesome Mr T. !!!!

#5904 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After PinSound with my custom orchestration

Excellent work my friend, and not a bad game either!! Love the ZZ-Top mix, and the car sounds, especially the horn, nailed it! Italian supercars have the gayest sounding air horns, my Ferrari sounds exactly the same.

#5905 2 years ago

Actually, I think my favorite part is the engine rev when pressing flipper button before putting ball in play. Nothing quite like the sound of an Italian 12 cylinder engine.

I'll try to work on a couple of tweaks and get posted to PinSound forum by this weekend.

#5906 2 years ago

My Getaway orchestration is finished! Well, at least until I decide to tweak some more stuff. However, for now I have fixed everything that I wanted to. In the process of uploading file to http://pinsound-community.org where you can create an account and access. Not sure how long it takes for them to post uploaded mixes, but should show up here once it is posted: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=22 (name of file will be GetawayHS2_MrTantrum.zip

#5907 2 years ago

Great work, Tantrum! I've got a Pinsound board on my STTNG. Now I might have to get one for my Getaway. Love the horn and engine sounds too. The stock Getaway engine sound is all wrong for the game.

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Great work, Tantrum! I've got a Pinsound board on my STTNG. Now I might have to get one for my Getaway. Love the horn and engine sounds too. The stock Getaway engine sound is all wrong for the game.

I actually scoured the web and YouTube for real Diablo sounds and videos. Took all of the car sounds that I customized from these. I think it makes the game a little more engaging and livens things up a bit.

#5909 2 years ago

Okay, this is why you must immediately buy a PinSound, and then immediately install my new orchestration! It may sound like I am exaggerating the story, but I am absolutely not. I got home today and the first thing I did was update the USB on my PinSound to my finalized orchestration. So, I thought I would play a quick game just to see how everything sounded, and I actually played my best game ever by over 100 million points. Coincidence? I think not!

Here is a very brief video at the end of the game that demonstrates my high score tune on my new orchestration.

#5910 2 years ago

this is sick - nice job

#5911 2 years ago

Sounds amazing. I want to play around with their program too, seems a little time consuming, but the pin community can come up with some cool stuff. Can't wait to install and try this out. Nice work!

#5912 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay guys, here is my first reorchestration for PinSound on Getaway. I actually used real recording of Lamborghini Diablos for many of the sound effects (engines, gears, even the horn). A couple of my effects are a little off on timing, but I may get to repairing those some other time in the near future. I still have to compile to put on PinSound site, but thought I would share what I have thus far.
Before PinSound
» YouTube video
After PinSound with my custom orchestration
» YouTube video

Love the work you did on this! Thanks for sharing it too!

I never thought I'd want a Getaway machine. Between the theme, Pinsound and some of the pictures of machines on this thread, it has moved up to a must have game for me!

#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Love the work you did on this! Thanks for sharing it too!
I never thought I'd want a Getaway machine. Between the theme, Pinsound and some of the pictures of machines on this thread, it has moved up to a must have game for me!

Just wait till you see the new lit up speaker panel.

#5914 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, can't wait to my hands on that...

#5915 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, can't wait to my hands on that...

You gettin the Deluxe one? I am.

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm getting the deluxe panel for sure ! Can't wait!

#5918 2 years ago

That looks awesome, so do they have these ready for purchase now? I know they had a fire which delayed production. How much do they run?

#5919 2 years ago

You can preorder and pick up in Allentown or they will supposedly have their website up shortly after Allentown.

#5920 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That looks awesome, so do they have these ready for purchase now? I know they had a fire which delayed production. How much do they run?

In a couple of weeks. It's what this game has needed from the git-go.

#5921 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Random question about gameplay. When the ball is drops into the left inlane and the left flipper is raised, is the ball supposed to drop onto the right flipper consistently? Some games seem to do this, while on others, the ball doesn't have enough momentum and goes SDTM. Playfield is angled at 6.5 degrees.

#5922 2 years ago

Yes, except I'll get mine without the LED speaker lights, it's just too much for me...

#5923 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys,
Random question about gameplay. When the ball is drops into the left inlane and the left flipper is raised, is the ball supposed to drop onto the right flipper consistently? Some games seem to do this, while on others, the ball doesn't have enough momentum and goes SDTM. Playfield is angled at 6.5 degrees.

If I understand you correctly, mine will roll to the right flipper, depending on the speed of the ball but I may need a little nudge to get it over to the right flipper and it will require a quick right flipper shot to either get in the SC or for a loop shot.

#5924 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No, I'm not into the speaker lights but if you are, it certainly is a nice looking setup

#5925 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

No, I'm not into the speaker lights but if you are, it certainly is a nice looking setup

I see. You get your choice of 4 different speaker plastics too. I'm getting the Lambo.

8325aa8c0ee84f829eddbdc74fcbb2db6348026f (resized).jpg

#5926 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see. You get your choice of 4 different speaker plastics too. I'm getting the Lambo.

Very nice, I think that makes sense, especially if you're going for the red

#5927 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Supercharger Ramp Sign? Love to pick one up in Allentown if possible. Thanks.

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Supercharger Ramp Sign? Love to pick one up in Allentown if possible. Thanks.

I may have an old one as I changed out two of them with the new plastics.

#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The whole thing or a specific piece?

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah.... I'll have to pick that up too!

I just bought the CPR Getaway mirrored backglass. Because it was just so cool!

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest selling?

#5931 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest selling?

The game? Your buying the parts and you don't have the game?

#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If I understand you correctly, mine will roll to the right flipper, depending on the speed of the ball but I may need a little nudge to get it over to the right flipper and it will require a quick right flipper shot to either get in the SC or for a loop shot.

Here is what I mean. The ball is coming from the left wireform and being dropped into the inlane.

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Here is what I mean. The ball is coming from the left wireform and bring dropped into the inlane.
» YouTube video

Yes, mine does that if there is enough speed, sometimes I'll need to nudge it to make it to the right flipper and other times I'll be able to catch it on the left flipper... but it still all depends on the speed; does that help?

EDIT: Is that dropping from the wire form ramp? If so that may change my answer...

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, mine does that if there is enough speed, sometimes I'll need to nudge it to make it to the right flipper and other times I'll be able to catch it on the left flipper... but it still all depends on the speed; does that help?
EDIT: Is that dropping from the wire form ramp? If so that may change my answer...

Yes, this is dropping from the ramp.

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Yes, this is dropping from the ramp.

That's a lot of speed dropping from the ramp, is that your machine? Does it have the blue rubber bumper pad installed?

Another thing to note is it looks like these are a thin flipper rubber, my bet is super-bands, which do have more bounce, and the way it hits the bat makes it hop

#5937 2 years ago

FYI, as an alternative mix, I'm posting a v2 version of my PinSound orchestration to PinSound Community that uses ZZ top's version of LaGrange rather than the techno version on my original mix. Load both on your USB drive and you can toggle between them whenever you feel like it.

#5938 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your buying the parts and you don't have the game?

Gee Paul... why would anyone ever do this?

#5939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, as an alternative mix, I'm posting a v2 version of my PinSound orchestration to PinSound Community that uses ZZ top's version of LaGrange rather than the techno version on my original mix. Load both on your USB drive and you can toggle between them whenever you feel like it.

I was keeping my comments to myself but i must admit the techno version just didn't do it for me at all. I do love the integration of other ZZ Top tunes though.

#5940 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Gee Paul... why would anyone ever do this?

Yeah that always perplexes me when I hear of it.

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The whole thing or a specific piece?

This is how it looks right now. Ideally like to get the stand part as well if possible. Thanks.

supercharger (resized).jpg

#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is how it looks right now. Ideally like to get the stand part as well if possible. Thanks.

Ohh geez! You definitely need the full assembly. I did a remake of the back plastic since mine was broken, but I'm sure others can help with complete replacement possibly.

#5943 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I was keeping my comments to myself but i must admit the techno version just didn't do it for me at all. I do love the integration of other ZZ Top tunes though.

Always feel free to share your opinions here. I had always planned to do a second with all ZZ Top, as I thought some would not care for techno like I do. Do you already have a PinSound in a Getaway?

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you already have a PinSound in a Getaway?

No, not as yet. I've got too many others things on the want list at the moment Having arcade machines as well i've got a few to restore in varying degrees and possibly might be doing another JD restore soon as well + working on a few mods here and there. Too many projects, not enough time, i really need to get my head sorted, lol

#5945 2 years ago

Anyone heard anything on the mountain mod reproduction that there were rumors about?

#5946 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Anyone heard anything on the mountain mod reproduction that there were rumors about?

Check in with Mezel Mods (send them a PM or email). I know they are getting close.

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That's a lot of speed dropping from the ramp, is that your machine? Does it have the blue rubber bumper pad installed?
Another thing to note is it looks like these are a thin flipper rubber, my bet is super-bands, which do have more bounce, and the way it hits the bat makes it hop

Yes, this is my machine. Bumper pad is installed and the ball hits it on the way down. I do have Super-Bands installed but even on my other games with Super-Bsnds, the ball doesn't bounce quite as far over. Thought it might be a Getaway thing.

#5948 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Yes, this is my machine. Bumper pad is installed and the ball hits it on the way down. I do have Super-Bands installed but even on my other games with Super-Bsnds, the ball doesn't bounce quite as far over. Thought it might be a Getaway thing.

Maybe try switching to regular bands or titan bands and see what happens.

Also, I'd like to see how your ramp connects into the hairpin turn. I've seen it where people have the rails spread open across the turn making the ball speed faster into the ramp opposed to one on the inside and one outside, if that makes sense...

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys,

My ball does not carry that much momentum.
6.5 degrees, blue rubber installed,Titan flipper bands

#5950 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Maybe try switching to regular bands or titan bands and see what happens.
Also, I'd like to see how your ramp connects into the hairpin turn. I've seen it where people have the rails spread open across the turn making the ball speed faster into the ramp opposed to one on the inside and one outside, if that makes sense...

The ramp connects in the first way you describe - the rails are spread open.

However, it still bounces in the same way when it falls into the inlane normally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
PinSound
There are 10268 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 206.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside