• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 277.
#5851 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Definitely Closed

End of stroke switches are supposed to be normally open on HS2. Here is a picture of the flipper assembly.

IMG_1617 (resized).JPGIMG_1617 (resized).JPG

#5852 7 years ago

Your coil is not right, you need a 11629 for the right lower flipper.
But... closed or open?

#5853 7 years ago

open.

#5854 7 years ago

to test, go into switch test, then move the flipper bat up with your fingers. the eos switch should register right at the top of stroke.

#5855 7 years ago

I think it's different on the Getaway because it uses switch leaf for the flipper button and not optos like others WPC machines.
Here is pictures of the manual, first is HS2 second is BSD.

Screenshot_2017-04-13-17-20-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-13-17-20-39 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-04-13-17-22-27 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-13-17-22-27 (resized).png

#5856 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

End of stroke switches are supposed to be normally open on HS2. Here is a picture of the flipper assembly.

Ooppps TRUE, i was testing you guys

#5857 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Your coil is not right, you need a 11629 for the right lower flipper.
But... closed or open?

I know it isn't the right coil, that is a picture of the bottom of BSD, same exact mechanism on HS2. I just rebuilt this one and had a picture handy.

Here is a note from the manual, stating they are normally open.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#5858 7 years ago

In my defense it's been a long day and i'm an old fart with a failing memory and a few extra bourbons, that's a triple memory whammy right there

#5859 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

In my defense it's been a long day and i'm an old fart with a failing memory and a few extra bourbons, that's a triple memory whammy right there

Nice! +1

#5860 7 years ago

Is it possible to have some pictures of the cabinet button switch for the right flippers?
The previous owner changes the switches for simple switchs (not double stack) both side and i have some troubles, weak right flippers sometimes.
I order a new double stack one, ref is 1A-192, i hope it will resolve the problem.
Thanks

#5861 7 years ago

Found my HS2 picture, even shows the label telling you that the EOS is normally open. I'll try to get pics of the flipper switches.

IMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1094 (resized).JPG

#5862 7 years ago

Here you go Shadrac, right flipper button switch stack pics....... Phheeewww, redemption for my stuff up earlier

DSC02960 (resized).JPGDSC02960 (resized).JPG

DSC02961 (resized).JPGDSC02961 (resized).JPG

DSC02963 (resized).JPGDSC02963 (resized).JPG

#5863 7 years ago

Great!
Thank you

#5864 7 years ago

The blue wire is cut? There's only orange and black wire soldered?

#5865 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

The blue wire is cut? There's only orange and black wire soldered?

No it's attached, just the picture, blue wire goes to the tab closest to the cabinet.

#5866 7 years ago

Welcome to the club, Shadrac!

Or, should I say . . . Bienvenue au club.

#5867 7 years ago

Merci

#5868 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Found my HS2 picture, even shows the label telling you that the EOS is normally open. I'll try to get pics of the flipper switches.

So shiny! Looking good

I rebuilt all my flippers top to bottom but those coil wrappers really look good. I just recently cleaned and washed my originals wraps and put them over top the new coils but it doesn't look as nice as yours, great work.

#5869 7 years ago

I so wanted to bring my Getaway to the beach, but it had to stay home to have room for the kids. Tough choice I had to make.

#5870 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I so wanted to bring my Getaway to the beach, but it had to stay home to have room for the kids. Tough choice I had to make.

That's what enclosed trailers are for........to haul the kids at times like that.

#5871 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So shiny! Looking good
I rebuilt all my flippers top to bottom but those coil wrappers really look good. I just recently cleaned and washed my originals wraps and put them over top the new coils but it doesn't look as nice as yours, great work.

Thank you sir, I had to modify the coil wrapper files that are available online to use the correct font. They came out pretty nice.

#5872 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Thank you sir, I had to modify the coil wrapper files that are available online to use the correct font. They came out pretty nice.

I'd say, those are sweet, great work!

#5873 7 years ago

Well, my replacement PinSound finally arrived yesterday! Installed it last night along with rewiring speakers for stereo sound, but discovered that my custom Getaway re-orchestration needs some tweaking. Also, it took some patience to get the sound balanced (not sure that I'm completely happy with it yet) to where things seemed "normal". I downloaded and installed the default Getaway orchestration because I know how it should sound, then had to tweak with all the settings. It is a little more difficult that you would first think given the following: volume, balance, treble, bass for back speakers plus volume, treble, bass for cabinet speaker. Once you are happy with the mix for each you then have to figure out the right balance between back and cabinet, plus you also have the regular service volume buttons that impact everything.

Anyway, have morning plans but would like to work on my customization later today. May be later before I can shoot video, but I'm getting close to where I want to be and will release my work to the group for those who are interested.

#5874 7 years ago

Cool , cant wait to hear it !

#5875 7 years ago

Well, I've been a little distracted today given that I spent most of it buying a new car. Have a feeling that I'm going to have to split some of my Pinside time in the auto forums now. It's not a Lambo (BTW, I passed a Lambo Hurican convertible on my bike ride this morning - it was awesome looking & sounding), but a dream card since high school for me, nonetheless. Even so, I have made some progress on my PinSound orchestration. I think I am real close to releasing it. While not perfect, I will probably do some minor tweaking post release or leave it up to the rest of the group to enhance.

BTW, here are some pics of the new ride - a 2017 Nissan 370Z Sport/Tech in Chicane Yellow.

IMG_4861.JPGIMG_4861.JPG
IMG_4863.JPGIMG_4863.JPG
IMG_4865.JPGIMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4871.JPGIMG_4871.JPG
IMG_4878.JPGIMG_4878.JPG
IMG_4885.JPGIMG_4885.JPG
IMG_4884.JPGIMG_4884.JPG

#5876 7 years ago

Also, one more story about the new car. I took it up to an industrial district near my house for these photos. In front of where I was parked is a 1/4 mile plus of back road that is straight and flat, and I planned on opening the car up just to see what it could do. Right as I was about to leave a car came from the other direction and pulled up right next to me. A guy rolled down his window, complemented my car, and told me there was a cop parked behind a tree at the end of the road (I ride and drive in this area all the time and never see police). So, I got in the card, drove about 35 to the end of the street and sure enough there he was. Thank you to whoever it was that saved me a ticket (big time) on the first day of owning my new Z. Not to worry, however, I found some nice flat, long, straight roads a few miles away and had a fun time opening the car up.

#5877 7 years ago

you know you're supposed to break a car in slowly, right?

#5878 7 years ago

i bought a new 2003 350z back in the day. that brings back memories.

#5879 7 years ago

Nice ride Mr T ....giver shit when you can baby !!!

#5880 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you know you're supposed to break a car in slowly, right?

Yeah the pistons and rings have to seat. But getting on it a little won't hurt it.

#5881 7 years ago

Nice ride Mr. T
Congratulations

#5882 7 years ago

Chris

That car is SWEET!

#5885 7 years ago

Me either

#5886 7 years ago

I presume it was this thread Mr T >>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound
please forgive the imposition

#5887 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I presume it was this thread Mr T >>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound

Your link works

#5888 7 years ago

Happy Easter, pinheads!

IMG_1005 (resized).JPGIMG_1005 (resized).JPG

#5889 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, here are some pics of the new ride - a 2017 Nissan 370Z Sport/Tech in Chicane Yellow.

Nice ride, congrats! So after all those games on The Getaway I guess you're ready for some real life police pursuits.

#5890 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Nice ride, congrats! So after all those games on The Getaway I guess you're ready for some real life police pursuits.

I'm down

#5891 7 years ago

Hmm...at what speed are you supposed to stop pursuit ? Just umm.. wondering ?

#5892 7 years ago

Think I need a few tuning mods before I could pull away from you.

#5893 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks for fixing my error.

#5894 7 years ago

Hey what do you guys think of the Pin Stadium kit? Does anyone have them?

#5895 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Looks interesting.

#5896 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

I am curious. My pin is really well lit with all the extras I have added, I do like the contrast of some of the darker spots. I would have to see in person, as I am sure camera does not do it justice.

#5897 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hmm...at what speed are you supposed to stop pursuit ? Just umm.. wondering ?

No set speed really. More about reckless behavior of the suspect, traffic conditions and possible charges against the suspects.

Last pursuit I was in I was lead car and topped out around 105/110 but it was like two in the morning chasing a car jacker in a stolen vehicle.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Think I need a few tuning mods before I could pull away from you.

Haha just let me know.

#5898 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No set speed really. More about reckless behavior of the suspect, traffic conditions and possible charges against the suspects.
Last pursuit I was in I was lead car and topped out around 105/110 but it was like two in the morning chasing a car jacker in a stolen vehicle.

Haha just let me know.

Yes officer, I know I was going 150 in a 65 zone. However, I'm pinball buddies with Grinder, so just give him a call on your little radio thingy, and we can both be on our way.

#5899 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes officer, I know I was going 150 in a 65 zone. However, I'm pinball buddies with Grinder, so just give him a call on your little radio thingy, and we can both be on our way.

I'm sure he'll tell you:

IMG_0815 (resized).PNGIMG_0815 (resized).PNG

#5900 7 years ago

Okay guys, here is my first reorchestration for PinSound on Getaway. I actually used real recording of Lamborghini Diablos for many of the sound effects (engines, gears, even the horn). A couple of my effects are a little off on timing, but I may get to repairing those some other time in the near future. I still have to compile to put on PinSound site, but thought I would share what I have thus far.

Before PinSound

After PinSound with my custom orchestration

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.