• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 277.
#5801 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, get rid of those old black rings and get yourself some colored Titan silicone ones ASAP (flipper rubbers and possibly post sleeves too)!

I have Titan rubbers on most of my machines just haven't shopped Getaway as yet, too many other projects to do, arcade and pinball related

#5802 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Since you lit up your gauges, you may want to do the same thing to the "Drive 65" sign to the bottom left of the ball lock cover. I'd also try some UV bulbs in those 4 spots to see if you like the effect (the orange coloring on the playfield is UV reactive). BTW, not telling you what to do as we all customize to our own liking, but just giving some suggestions to see if you like it.

I'll check that out ,I have some more post LEDs
I'll also try UV bulbs so see if I like it,thanks

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Guess you missed my sarcasm emoticon Plenty of stuff out there, so you should be able to find something you like.

oh I got it

#5803 7 years ago

Has anyone here converted to lighted flipper buttons? How hard is the process?

#5804 7 years ago

Oh yeah one more question. When I did my LED conversion, I bought a light for the start button, but it wouldn't fit through the narrow hole to get into the hollow area behind the button. Did anyone else have this issue? I'll take a pic when I get home

#5805 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Yep, all my machines do except RFM, in fact i make my own kits
It's not a difficult process, just need to tap into a power source, the installation is easy.

#5806 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Oh yeah one more question. When I did my LED conversion, I bought a light for the start button, but it wouldn't fit through the narrow hole to get into the hollow area behind the button. Did anyone else have this issue? I'll take a pic when I get home

I had to shave down the outside ring of the frosted dome with a razor then superglued the dome back in place. Can't remember the exact bulb but think it was a comet 1SMD frosted warm white.

Quoted from red-line:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418

#5807 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Not hard, but you must be particularly careful with the placement on the plunger side. My first attempt resulted in a short due to the coil contacts rubbing against my socket leads. Also, I initially used two dual head LEDs per side, but on the plunger side switched to one due to space, but honestly don't think I can tell the difference.

I can take pics later and post for you what I did, but I followed the guide referenced earlier. BTW, I used Comet Matrix cables & sockets for a simple installation. Attached is link to my original post on this (again, I ended up changing the plunger side up a little).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/77#post-3437950

#5808 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I just bought an ignition key instead (fits the theme well, and guests seem to have fun with it):

https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-mods/products/getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-led-key-mod?variant=888124621

getaway.jpggetaway.jpg

#5809 7 years ago

It's a personal choice but i wouldn't go down the path of having globe sockets anywhere near the leaf switches for the flipper buttons

#5810 7 years ago

For you Getaway newbies, time to hawk some merch

Seriously, I do have a cheap accessory if you are interested for coin door: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/91#post-3514484 I am currently out of blanks, but if a couple of people are interested then I'm happy to reorder so I can make some.

Also, don't forget my site for some custom DIY mods: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#5811 7 years ago

I just recently lit up my flipper buttons. Used wedge sockets and red flex 555 leds. Ran the wires down through the others in the cab and up into the coin door and soldered onto the coin shute lights. Everything looks stock. I'll take photos later when I get home.

#5812 7 years ago

Hi guys,
do you have an advice to adjust the height of the up down ramp? (Or lock ramp).
Mine works fine but balls sometimes get stucks under the ramp when in up position. I would like that balls don't touch the ramp, right now balls touchs a little the ramp in up position.
I saw the mecanism and i can build something to adjust that but maybe there's something to do more simple?
Thanks!

#5813 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For you Getaway newbies, time to hawk some merch
Seriously, I do have a cheap accessory if you are interested for coin door: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/91#post-3514484 I am currently out of blanks, but if a couple of people are interested then I'm happy to reorder so I can make some.
Also, if you want to go LED in your beacon lite I have an extra one of those too. It is a Sylvania Super Bright 1156 12.8V LED (6000K) that I paid $25 for to get a pair of them (could not buy a single). I'll sale my extra including shipping for $12. I would say equal to or slightly brighter than original bulb, but it's LED! Just PM if interested.

Pm sent

#5814 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
do you have an advice to adjust the height of the up down ramp? (Or lock ramp).
Mine works fine but balls sometimes get stucks under the ramp when in up position. I would like that balls don't touch the ramp, right now balls touchs a little the ramp in up position.
I saw the mecanism and i can build something to adjust that but maybe there's something to do more simple?
Thanks!

Just look back on past posts, its been covered numerous times as its a common problem (maybe someone can chime in and at least get you to the right page.

#5815 7 years ago

Here is what I ended up doing for my flipper button lighting.

Left Side (start button)
left.jpgleft.jpg

Right Side (plunger) - You can see my original mount holes that kept causing problems with the LED getting in the way of the plunger coil
IMG_0758.JPGIMG_0758.JPG

#5816 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well Getaway club, I guessed I opened myself up to this, and even if an honest mistake with the pure motive of enhancing our machines for home/hobby use, I've been asked to remove all Williams related content from my download site http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball. This covers many items including the manual, cabinet art, play cards, etc. I will leave a few items on the site that I don't believe "infringe" upon their IP, so you will still have access to these.
So, if you go to the site looking for something and it is not there, you now will know why.

As a Getaway owner and a fan of the art you made for us all to enjoy, I'm disappointed PPS is abusing the community in this way.

I won't rail too much except to say that I've been considering buying an AFM for a long time, and was excited to see AFMr... to the point where I was planning on buying either it or a Dialed In for my next table. AFMr is off my list now. I won't do business with a copyright troll.

Sorry to hear you got caught up in this. Thanks for making your art available to us all!

#5817 7 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

As a Getaway owner and a fan of the art you made for us all to enjoy, I'm disappointed PPS is abusing the community in this way.
I won't rail too much except to say that I've been considering buying an AFM for a long time, and was excited to see AFMr... to the point where I was planning on buying either it or a Dialed In for my next table. AFMr is off my list now. I won't do business with a copyright troll.
Sorry to hear you got caught up in this. Thanks for making your art available to us all!

I appreciate the sentiment, but ultimately I was in the wrong by the letter of the law so I can accept that. BTW, I played the new AFM's and TPF and they were nice. However, I also played a great condition original and absolutely loved it. The original is on the top of my desired list if I can ever find a deal on one. Regarding Dialed In, I loved that pin too. Very creative game with lots of shots. There are a couple of little annoying things (e.g. the facetime pics, the emoticons all over the screen, etc.), but overall I thought the game was incredible and really fun to play.

#5818 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I appreciate the sentiment, but ultimately I was in the wrong by the letter of the law so I can accept that. BTW, I played the new AFM's and TPF and they were nice. However, I also played a great condition original and absolutely loved it. The original is on the top of my desired list if I can ever find a deal on one. Regarding Dialed In, I loved that pin too. Very creative game with lots of shots. There are a couple of little annoying things (e.g. the facetime pics, the emoticons all over the screen, etc.), but overall I thought the game was incredible and really fun to play.

Understood. The issue for me is that you were simply putting some stuff out there for us hobbyists to use. I won't be rabble rousing, I'll simply vote my own opinion with my pocketbook, and I imagine everyone else will do the same.

#5819 7 years ago

While we are on the topic of flipper buttons, I've noticed lately that mine are not as smooth as they use to be and sometimes stick. It feels like the core of the button is binding in the button shaft some how. Should I lube the inside of the buttons, and if so with what?

#5820 7 years ago

How much did you spend on modifications for this Getaway? Looks amazing!

#5821 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Well, that's a multi-part question.

1) I had both faulty CPU and Power Driver boards which I replaced with Rotten Dog. I don't really count this as these were not mods, but necessary repairs.
2) Parts & supplies: misc repairs, hardware, new rubbers, new flippers, cleaning stuff, paint, etc. I would guess about $400-$500
3) Purchased Mods: Vinyl wrap, LED's, Key Starter. $300-$400
4) DIY Mods: very little as most of these are my own design, self print, and self made.
5) My latest expenses: PinSound & PIN2DMD, about $550

Plus all of the above was supplemented by a few hundred bucks that I made selling my mods to many at very reasonable price points. Have I spent more on the machine that it is worth, sure. However, this is my very first pin and I've used it as a learning experience. I have performed all my own repairs and mods with the help of this forum over the last year, and have loved every minute of it. Also, I never see myself departing with this machine.

If I was starting over with a solid machine (I now know better what to look for), I would say you are probably looking at $2,500 or so to get into a nice Getaway, $300 for LED conversion with adds, then it's up to you on anything you want to spend above that along with any DIY mods. I know others in this forum have much less on theirs, and I also know others have much more. Of course, you are always welcome to find one that already has most everything you want, and pay a premium price for it in exchange for not having to do much/any work to it, but where's the fun in that?

#5822 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1) I had both faulty CPU and Power Driver board which I replaced with Rotten Dog. I don't really count this as these were not mods, but necessary repairs.
2) Parts & supplies: misc repairs, hardware, new rubbers, new flippers, cleaning stuff, paint, etc. I would guess about $400-$500
4) DIY Mods: very little as most of these are my own design, self print, and self made.
Plus all of the above was supplemented by a few hundred bucks that I made making and selling my mods to many at very affordable price points. Have I spent more on the machine that it is worth, sure. However, this is my very first pin and I've used it as a learning experience. I have performed all my own repairs and mods with the help of this forum over the last year, and have loved every minute of it.
If I was starting over with a solid machine, I would say you are probably looking at $2,500 or so to get into a nice Getaway, $300 for LED conversion with adds, then it's up to you on anything you want to spend above that along with any DIY mods. I know others in this forum have much less in theirs, and I also know others have much more.

I'd say I have about a $1,000 in mine with all the LEDs, Boards, Cliffy, Rubbers, Caps, Coin Door, Color DMD and assorted extras. I bought my pin 14 years ago now and only paid $1,200 plus $300 delivery. The boards I bought were much cheaper by today's standards and are no longer available; However, I did order the Backglass so that adds another $280 and I have my eye on the light up pannel. If I ever sold my pin I wouldn't take anything less than $3,500 with all of these extras or I'd break it down and sell off the extras separately but I think my kids have dibs on them so I don't see that ever happening.

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1) I had both faulty CPU and Power Driver boards which I replaced with Rotten Dog. I don't really count this as these were not mods, but necessary repairs.
Plus all of the above was supplemented by a few hundred bucks that I made selling my mods to many at very reasonable price points. Have I spent more on the machine that it is worth, sure. However, this is my very first pin and I've used it as a learning experience. I have performed all my own repairs and mods with the help of this forum over the last year, and have loved every minute of it. Also, I never see myself departing with this machine.
If I was starting over with a solid machine (I now know better what to look for), I would say you are probably looking at $2,500 or so to get into a nice Getaway, $300 for LED conversion with adds, then it's up to you on anything you want to spend above that along with any DIY mods. I know others in this forum have much less on theirs, and I also know others have much more. Of course, you are always welcome to find one that already has most everything you want, and pay a premium price for it in exchange for not having to do much/any work to it, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks very much for the breakdown. I do have a Getaway that I purchased a couple months back for $3,000CDN. The person selling it got it with the house they bought 10 years earlier. I guess the person didn't want the hassle of moving it, so it came with the house. Its in pretty decent shape but pretty well original condition. Like you, I don't think I would ever part with it and now look forward to adding some of these mods to personalize it. Great to see what is possible in terms of improving the condition.

#5824 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ive got more money than i can count into my Getaway. Did a full on restore with all the mods and powder coated the legs, lockdown bar and rails. Even went all out on the interior. Go to "The Getaway Cabinet restoration By SUPERBEE" thread if you would like to see .
Btw...Welcome to pinside. You are just around the corner from me. I lived in Aurora for 13 years and moved to Newmarket 2 years ago.

#5825 7 years ago

Great, now I can't get "O Canada" out of my head with all of you hosers taking over this forum.

#5826 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great to see what is possible in terms of improving the condition.

Always welcome over to my place to check mine out and to play a little pinball !

#5827 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Great, now I can't get "O Canada" out of my head.

Come on Mr T... You know you love it !!!

#5828 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Come on Mr T... You know you love it !!!

Well, I guess it is my second favorite anthem (although I hate to admit that the Russia tune is pretty strong).

#5829 7 years ago

I honestly think our anthem is brutally boring compared to yours.

#5830 7 years ago

BTW, I was watching the world curling championships the other night (don't ask me why), but had to drop out early. Did the Canadians end up defeating the Sweeds? It was pretty close about 1/2 way through the game/match/or whatever you call a curling competition.

Still trying to figure out all the rules and strategy, but does look like a fun "game" to participate in (no offense to all you curlers out there, I'm just ignorant).

#5831 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I honestly think our anthem is brutally boring compared to yours.

While not as dramatic, there is a beauty to it.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, I was watching the world curling championships the other night (don't ask me why), but had to drop out early. Did the Canadians end up defeating the Sweeds? It was pretty close about 1/2 way through the game/match/or whatever you call a curling competition.

Have no idea ! Im a hockey guy ! GO LEAFS GO !!!

#5833 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yes, our 2000 Stanley Cup Champion Dallas Stars kind of sucked this year. Made it really hard to watch any hockey for me when your goal tenders stop pucks from hitting the net like colanders stop water from draining all season.

#5834 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Just figured curling was like Canadian bowling or something.

#5835 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, our 2000 Stanley Cup Champion Dallas Stars kind of sucked this year. Made it really hard to watch any hockey for me when your goal tenders stop pucks from hitting the net like colanders stop water from draining all season.

I hear ya. The Leafs have been shit for many years until now. Ive been a huge Leafs fan since i was a kid and they havent won a cup since the year i was born...1967... but good times ahead from what i see this year !

#5836 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I hear ya. The Leafs have been shit for many years until now. Ive been a huge Leafs fan since i was a kid and they havent won a cup since the year i was born...1967... but good times ahead from what i see this year !

Hey, we're the same age (mine's in November). Happy 50th this year old man!

#5837 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just figured curling was like Canadian bowling or something.

No one here watches bowling that i know of ! At least no one under 60. lol

#5838 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey, we're the same age (mine's in November). Happy 50th this year old man!

Same here bro !! Happy 50th to you too ! lol Mines on the 23rd. You ?

#5839 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Same here bro !! Happy 50th to you too ! lol Mines on the 23rd. You ?

Well, two week older than you - 7th. Funny, I can remember as a kid thinking how great it would be if I could just live to the year 2000. Now that's nearly 2 decades in the rearview mirror.

#5840 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny, I can remember as a kid thinking how great it would be if I could just live to the year 2000. Now that's nearly 2 decades in the rearview mirror.

Wow! You certainly didnt set your sights to high as a kid now did you ? lol

#5841 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, two week older than you - 7th.

You old as shit !!!

#5842 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You old as shit !!!

Sheet...I was in High School when you guys were born. You guys have less then 3 years on my Mustang.

#5843 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You old as shit !!!

Sheet...I was in High School when you guys were born. You guys have less then 3 years on my Mustang.

Ok i take it back, YOUR old as shit Paul !!!

#5844 7 years ago

Man I wasn't born until 81...

#5845 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Showoff
68' lad here

#5846 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Showoff
68' lad here

I am sooooooo lucky just to still be here, back in 85 I came within 1 second of instant death but it still put me in the hospital for 3 weeks. Not a scratch on the outside of me, it was all internal but I didn't have to be operated on. I'm still in one piece too. That was my Lottery win for this lifetime.

#5847 7 years ago

Well, enough of this old geezer talk, let's get back to pinball. Finally received an update on my PinSound replacement shipment and it's scheduled for Monday delivery. Can't wait to finish my orchestration and share with the group.

#5848 7 years ago

Hi guys, i want to be sure about something.
Eos switches on Getaway must be open or closed when the flipper is not activated?

I have some troubles about right lower and upper flippers being weak sometimes, and i will change the cabinet button switch for the correct one (i saw on old topic that says it can be the problem), but i read that Getaway (and Addams) are different than others WPC machines... So i will change the switch and see if that make a change, but also would like to be correct about the EOS ones.
I bought the machine one week ago.
Thanks!

#5849 7 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Eos switches on Getaway must be open or closed when the flipper is not activated?

Definitely Closed

#5850 7 years ago

So if it's closed, it's different than others WPC machines right? On my BSD i think it's closed when flippers are activated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.