• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 275.
#5751 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, you will not find the post you need as it does not exist anywhere (I had same issue a few months back). A simple solution offered here in the forum was to just go with a standard post that has a female threaded top. This is what I did, and it works great. Instead of using a nut you just use a screw to secure the ramp support.

Brilliant, any idea what the post # or a link to the part is?

#5752 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

The part i listed may not have been the exact one but it's what you needed wasn't it?? Am i thinking of the wrong area? or is it the post under the front support leg for the supercharger? The link i added is what you need but the length may not be the correct size, i can't measure mine at the moment cause my machine is packed in behind a bunch of other stuff.

#5753 6 years ago

The one for the support post of the supercharger is what I need. Apparently the post was used on this game only and just does not exist.

#5754 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

The one for the support post of the supercharger is what I need. Apparently the post was used on this game only and just does not exist.

Well the one i linked is the right "look" but may be the wrong height, at least that's what is on my machine. It's not in the Section under Getaway parts on Marco's but under playfield parts >> post's. It's getting late here but after work tomorrow i will find out what the size is on my machine

#5755 6 years ago

There are 2 posts there, I linked them before but the one for the support is a double ring post, the one in front protects that post

#5756 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

You will need a #8 sleeve post, standard height: 1 1/16", with #6 female tap, and you'll use a 6-32 3/8" screw instead of a nut on top (originally recommended to my by theonlyest). I think I just ended up using a hex post cut to length since that was all I had.

I think these should work for you:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4036-1
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=02-4036-1

If you want you could grind down slots for rubbers, but no need. Have had my post in for months and they haven't budged a fraction of a mm over that time.

For reference, the original post is 02-4423-1

post.jpgpost.jpg

#5757 6 years ago

I already posted this in the CPR backglass thread but I know a lot of you are interested so thought I would post it in here also. I recieved my mirrored backglass yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. I prefer it to the original, the mirrored backglass really adds something to the look of the machine and makes my other pins with regular translites look bland. I'm not runnng LEDs, which probably helps to tone down the blues in it. Here's some pics, the first is the original translite for comparison.

IMG_5006 (resized).JPGIMG_5006 (resized).JPG

IMG_5049 (resized).JPGIMG_5049 (resized).JPG

IMG_5053 (resized).JPGIMG_5053 (resized).JPG

#5758 6 years ago

Wow looks amazing.

#5759 6 years ago

On My friend's HS2 the ball on the supercharger sometimes goes at a slower speed its that serious?,any ideas what it would be?

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

On My friend's HS2 the ball on the supercharger sometimes goes at a slower speed its that serious?,any ideas what it would be?

I'm not really sure what you mean but if you did a speed test you'll see that the loop times will fluctuate so that's normal but he should test his opto to see if everything is functioning properly.

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Remove the SC cover, put system in switch test, then slide a business card or something similar in front of each of the 3 SC opotos by the magnets to see if they close and open properly. It wouldn't hurt to clean all 6 (3 pairs), but I've had to replace all 3 pairs of mine recently.

Even then you will find that different SCs perform faster than others. I've seen some on video and in this forum that are incredibly fast while mine is average. Could be that my magnets have degraded over the years, could be the driver board, who knows. However, they work so I have not messed with them beyond my opto repairs.

#5762 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Remove the SC cover, put system in switch test, then slide a business card or something similar in front of each of the 3 SC opotos by the magnets to see if they close and open properly. It wouldn't hurt to clean all 6 (3 pairs), but I've had to replace all 3 pairs of mine recently.
Even then you will find that different SCs perform faster than others. I've seen some on video and in this forum that are incredibly fast while mine is average. Could be that my magnets have degraded over the years, could be the driver board, who knows. However, they work so I have not messed with them beyond my opto repairs.

I'm still unclear what the issue is, and that is one way to test them, but you may want to run your simple tests first in the Test menu, T:12 and T:13, this would indicate your loop speeds (anything lower than 145 is considered ok but I would say 110 and below is ok but that's just my opinion) and it will also show if your optos are working. The board that controls the SC is the PCB accelerator assembly board mounted beneath the PF. I think it would help us to know exactly what the issue is your friend is having so can try to give him the proper fixes.

#5763 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm still unclear what the issue is, and that is one way to test them, but you may want to run your simple tests first in the Test menu, T:12 and T:13, this would indicate your loop speeds (anything lower than 145 is considered ok but I would say 110 and below is ok but that's just my opinion) and it will also show if your optos are working. The board that controls the SC is the PCB accelerator assembly board mounted beneath the PF. I think it would help us to know exactly what the issue is your friend is having so can try to give him the proper fixes.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thxs guys i have to check on that the thing its im asking you this beacuse he wants to sell it to me and i want to know if its a serious thing to consider.

#5765 6 years ago

Well I will need to play some more as my high scores are gone after burning a patched L-2 rom. Oh well it gives me something to work toward! From what I understand the general consensus is that L-2 is the preferred rom over L-5. If I am wrong let me know and I will patch and burn another one.

#5766 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Well I will need to play some more as my high scores are gone after burning a patched L-2 rom. Oh well it gives me something to work toward! From what I understand the general consensus is that L-2 is the preferred rom over L-5. If I am wrong let me know and I will patch and burn another one.

While unscientific, just take a look above the very first post in this thread to see what the 193 respondents prefer - L2 is dominant at 55%, followed by L5 at 31%, and all others 7% or less each. Personally, I'm on L2 and enjoy it, and have very few issues at all (not sure that when I thought I may have had an issue that I can even contribute it to the ROM version).

#5767 6 years ago

Has anyone ever hit the EB in video mode?

#5768 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While unscientific, just take a look above the very first post in this thread to see what the 193 respondents prefer - L2 is dominant at 55%, followed by L5 at 31%, and all others 7% or less each. Personally, I'm on L2 and enjoy it, and have very few issues at all (not sure that when I thought I may have had an issue that I can even contribute it to the ROM version).

I'm using L2 as welll and the only issue I have had is the very rare never ending free ride glitch.

#5769 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Ever, yes, but not very often... I will say with the Colordmd, it is slightly easir but far from easy.

#5770 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Ever, yes, but not very often... I will say with the Colordmd, it is slightly easir but far from easy.

In 5th gear ?

#5771 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'll try slowing down, I always go through in 5th for the points

#5772 6 years ago

Yes, in 5th gear, always 5th gear. I'm not saying I've gotten it often but I have gotten it... I've owned this pin for 13+ years so maybe a few times at best, lol

#5773 6 years ago

I beat it going 2nd gear for the first and only time thus far last night after 5 beers! Only had the game for 2 weeks though.

#5774 6 years ago

I can beat the video mode in 5th gear pretty much 100 percent of the time as its way too easy but i was more thinking about trying to get the eb in 5th. Im sure thats tough.

#5775 6 years ago

thank you!

he said that sometimes works at a normal speed and others slower!

#5776 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I didn't even know that there was one. It's in the video?

#5777 6 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I didn't even know that there was one. It's in the video?

Yes, if I stay on one side it pops up on the other side most of the time in 5th gear.

#5778 6 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Yes, if I stay on one side it pops up on the other side most of the time in 5th gear.

I'll have to watch for it, I always do it in 5th gear

#5779 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

thank you!
he said that sometimes works at a normal speed and others slower!

Before diving into it too far Replace the pinballs. They get magnetized over time... if you try each ball specifically in sc test you will see that 1 performs slower than the other 2. This has been an issue with my game multiple times in the last going on 8 years of ownership

#5780 6 years ago

Overdue pics I promised carpet is very dark in color, but still looks great in the dark.. soon as black lights come on it nearly disappears tho. Last pic is with the lights on. Hard to see but it's still there
I put the ergo mat in pic to show contrast the ergo mat is black. Also I hadn't vacuumed yet so disregard all the wood shavings in same pic

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG
IMG_0110 (resized).JPGIMG_0110 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPGIMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG

#5781 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Overdue pics I promised carpet is very dark in color, but still looks great in the dark.. soon as black lights come on it nearly disappears tho. Last pic is with the lights on. Hard to see but it's still there
I put the ergo mat in pic to show contrast the ergo mat is black. Also I hadn't vacuumed yet so disregard all the wood shavings in same pic

Looks nice with the bl lights off.

#5782 6 years ago

Are there any available custom apron cards available that haven't been taken down by Rick
Need a link ?

#5783 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Okay, that's cool. Glad you liked my original idea that I stole from some other unrelated thread.

Can we get picks of installation & how it's mounted & powered? What system did you end up going with? Would it be possible to put a filter over the light (e.g. red) and still have it project bright enough?

#5784 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Are there any available custom apron cards available that haven't been taken down by Rick
Need a link ?

Did you search the PPS website for available apron cards seeing how they are the sole source for all things Getaway? If they do not have any directly, they might have a page on the site that links all of their authorized licensing partners that may carry cards for you to purchase.

In all seriousness, I believe that PPS will allow an individual to create their own renditions for their own personal use if they do not distribute the content. If you have any graphics skills, you should be able to see picks of variations you like and create your own. If you are not a Photoshop guy, then you can still do some decent work in other graphics applications, and there's even a pretty powerful free graphics editor called Paint.NET that can do a lot.

#5785 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Need a link ?

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=getaway

#5786 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can we get picks of installation & how it's mounted & powered? What system did you end up going with? Would it be possible to put a filter over the light (e.g. red) and still have it project bright enough?

Ok so it's pretty simple it even comes with the hole saw bit you need. I will need to order a z connector so I can make another connector to make this legit plug and play but for now as I didn't have the parts I just pushed the wire into the connector on the coindoor board @ 12v. It was hard to make out in my previous pic but the Lamborghini emblem is yellow and the circle is cool white.. I hit it with a bunch of different color gels but all of them take away detail from the bull and make him much hazier so I wouldn't reccommend. You simply find middle of cab and drill hole through which happens to be under where that bolt is sticking out through the coindoor... after you have the hole you run the wire up through the bottom and push the projector through the hole. It has a nut that threads into the projector that secures it, but you'll have to clean the hole up on the topside to use it because it won't thread.. (this was made for thin steel not 1/2 thick particle board)edit: the housing screws apart it's possible if you cut the gel to fit inside it may look better but this thing does get pretty warm.. it may melt those thin gels. The led is super small I question if an upgrade is possible

IMG_0113 (resized).JPGIMG_0113 (resized).JPG
IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG
IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG
IMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPG

#5788 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ok so it's pretty simple it even comes with the hole saw bit you need. I will need to order a z connector so I can make another connector to make this legit plug and play but for now as I didn't have the parts I just pushed the wire into the connector on the coindoor board @ 12v. It was hard to make out in my previous pic but the Lamborghini emblem is yellow and the circle is cool white.. I hit it with a bunch of different color gels but all of them take away detail from the bull and make him much hazier so I wouldn't reccommend. You simply find middle of cab and drill hole through which happens to be under where that bolt is sticking out through the coindoor... after you have the hole you run the wire up through the bottom and push the projector through the hole. It has a nut that threads into the projector that secures it, but you'll have to clean the hole up on the topside to use it because it won't thread.. (this was made for thin steel not 1/2 thick particle board)edit: the housing screws apart it's possible if you cut the gel to fit inside it may look better but this thing does get pretty warm.. it may melt those thin gels. The led is super small I question if an upgrade is possible

Above and beyond, thanks! Cool mod!

#5789 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Here is the link again. amazon.com link »

Question is, what are you going to do with the other one (didn't 2 come as a set)?

#5790 6 years ago

Hey Chris do you think you can design your own insert for it?

#5791 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Hey Chris do you think you can design your own insert for it?

I don't really know since I don't have one. Interesting idea though. I am assuming there is some kind of printed transparency with maybe some sort of blackout layer, but would have to be pretty small. Was wondering if tilted was going to dissect his other one to see how it was made. You can buy these with all sorts of logos, so may be possible to customize your own.

#5792 6 years ago

2017-04-06 20.56.01 (resized).jpg2017-04-06 20.56.01 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:Did you search the PPS website for available apron cards seeing how they are the sole source for all things Getaway? If they do not have any directly, they might have a page on the site that links all of their authorized licensing partners that may carry cards for you to purchase.

In all seriousness, I believe that PPS will allow an individual to create their own renditions for their own personal use if they do not distribute the content. If you have any graphics skills, you should be able to see picks of variations you like and create your own. If you are not a Photoshop guy, then you can still do some decent work in other graphics applications, and there's even a pretty powerful free graphics editor called Paint.NET that can do a lot.

PPS is my last resort and unfortunately I'm not a Photoshop guy .

Thank you !!
I forgot about Pinballcards

#5793 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

You can also get cards from this site including the Williams originals.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/

#5794 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

There are 2 posts there, I linked them before but the one for the support is a double ring post, the one in front protects that post

I had the spare time to go and have a good look at my machine. My SC leg is attached to the front post, the 2 posts behind are the double ring posts you mention. The back one of these by the looks of it has had the thread cut off and grinded flat on top, the front one still has some thread left on it (although not enough to mount too). As you can see by the pics the SC leg is bent back towards the double ring posts if anything NOT forward to meet the front sleeve post. I know that the rest of the SC mounts correctly to all the mounting posts so it looks like my machine has been stuffed with by the previous owner
I'm gonna need to order one of those 02-4036-1 post's also by the looks of it. Does your SC leg have a distinctive bend backwards?? cause mine is going to need to bend back a little more to meet the new post.

DSC02956 (resized).JPGDSC02956 (resized).JPG

DSC02958 (resized).JPGDSC02958 (resized).JPG

DSC02957 (resized).JPGDSC02957 (resized).JPG

#5795 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For reference, the original post is 02-4423-1

You could use the 02-4423 post, very close in size and same threads (i think), that one is still available.
Anyone let me know if this wont work as i'm going to order some soon

#5796 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I had the spare time to go and have a good look at my machine. My SC leg is attached to the front post, the 2 posts behind are the double ring posts you mention. The back one of these by the looks of it has had the thread cut off and grinded flat on top, the front one still has some thread left on it (although not enough to mount too). As you can see by the pics the SC leg is bent back towards the double ring posts if anything NOT forward to meet the front sleeve post. I know that the rest of the SC mounts correctly to all the mounting posts so it looks like my machine has been stuffed with by the previous owner
I'm gonna need to order one of those 02-4036-1 post's also by the looks of it. Does your SC leg have a distinctive bend backwards?? cause mine is going to need to bend back a little more to meet the new post.

And this is exactly why the fix implemented by the previous owner does not work correctly, it was probably an operator fixing something on the fly, but it skews your SC, brace and the metal cover (the new plastic cover in your case). Those parts are not in the correct location, the cover sticks out in the PF (unless you want to drill another hole in that piece), and it's not covering the post and protecting the pop bumper cap in the rear.

Quoted from Mancave:

You could use the 02-4423 post, very close in size and same threads (i think), that one is still available.
Anyone let me know if this wont work as i'm going to order some soon

I agree, I would try that one I linked at Marco, or where ever you buy your parts, it may just work and help get everything back in place. If it were me I'd probably swap out that front post (02-4036-1) too, it looks like it was hacked up a bit.

#5797 6 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Mine is attached to the post behind that one.

#5798 6 years ago

Your setup is just plain wrong. My suggestion still works (replacement for 02-4423-1, the correct post position for the support mount), and will put everything back in correct alignment: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/116#post-3699772

Also, I don't think the thread on 02-4423 is going to be long enough to work since it has to extend through the plastic and the bracket. However, I've never actually tried it.

BTW, get rid of those old black rings and get yourself some colored Titan silicone ones ASAP (flipper rubbers and possibly post sleeves too)!

#5799 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

PPS is my last resort

Guess you missed my sarcasm emoticon Plenty of stuff out there, so you should be able to find something you like.

#5800 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

PPS is my last resort and unfortunately I'm not a Photoshop guy .

Thank you !!

Since you lit up your gauges, you may want to do the same thing to the "Drive 65" sign to the bottom left of the ball lock cover. I'd also try some UV bulbs in those 4 spots to see if you like the effect (the orange coloring on the playfield is UV reactive). BTW, not telling you what to do as we all customize to our own liking, but just giving some suggestions to see if you like it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/116?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.