• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 277.
#5651 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

From a $700 decapitated wreck on a garage floor, reimported from Germany in unknown condition to fully functional in 1 week.
Beyond needing every wire soldered back together I had to rebuild the driver board with new Bridge at BR3 and caps as well as GI headers. New GI molex connectors. New HV caps on DMD driver. New caps on sound board (since replaced with PinSound). New rubbers everywhere. 2 broken plastics on the way from the land down under. Rebuilt all 3 flippers with new coils.
Still running L1 rom. I will patch L2 for the LED ghosting fix and then burn that at some point today.
Playfield needs some love in a few spots where prior idiots drove screws through. Needs some Cliffys.
I was working through LED change out for GI, Inserts and Flashers and ran out of 555 bulbs for all of the inserts. More on the way from Comet.
The playfield slide lock mechanisms look like they are intact and seemingly springy but they just won't engage. I am over it though and playing the crap out of it in the garage.

WOW, you really know what your doing with electronics. Super job.

#5652 7 years ago

So my kickback seems to deliver the ball in varying places. I noticed the metal guide is missing a tiny screw. Anyone know what size that is off hand?

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

From a $700 decapitated wreck on a garage floor, reimported from Germany in unknown condition to fully functional in 1 week.
Beyond needing every wire soldered back together I had to rebuild the driver board with new Bridge at BR3 and caps as well as GI headers. New GI molex connectors. New HV caps on DMD driver. New caps on sound board (since replaced with PinSound). New rubbers everywhere. 2 broken plastics on the way from the land down under. Rebuilt all 3 flippers with new coils.
Still running L1 rom. I will patch L2 for the LED ghosting fix and then burn that at some point today.
Playfield needs some love in a few spots where prior idiots drove screws through. Needs some Cliffys.
I was working through LED change out for GI, Inserts and Flashers and ran out of 555 bulbs for all of the inserts. More on the way from Comet.
The playfield slide lock mechanisms look like they are intact and seemingly springy but they just won't engage. I am over it though and playing the crap out of it in the garage.

damn that was a steal, nice job.

#5654 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW, you really know what your doing with electronics. Super job.

Uhmmm... yeah. Something like that!

#5655 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

So my kickback seems to deliver the ball in varying places. I noticed the metal guide is missing a tiny screw. Anyone know what size that is off hand?

post a pic of where the missing screw is supposed to be.

#5656 7 years ago

I have a FREE right side target plastic available for the first person who PMs me that says that want it.

I do have a few stipulations:
- You are actually going to use it on your pin, and not just hoard it
- If you personally aren't going to use it, but know a friend that has to have it then I am okay with that
- You are not going to turn around and sell it

Please note the condition:
- Overall fairly good
- Some light scratching on top
- A noticeable scratch on the bottom that is obvious in sign area when backlit
- Recently buffed with Novus 2 and cleaned with Novus 1
- Recently flattened via heat treatment

IMG_0702.JPGIMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0701.JPGIMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0700.JPGIMG_0700.JPG

#5657 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You gave me an inferiority complex by letting me know you were going to keep one of your originals.
Maybe show me a little love by using one of my new designs for 3rd coin reject?
All in jest, of course. By all means do whatever you want to, but hopefully this is a small thing that can easily give a personal touch to several Getaway pins.

hehe I will now using your petrol pump / gas pump icon for my middle coin slot!

I have been using standard paper. is there something you recommend printing these on ?

#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

hehe I will now using your petrol pump / gas pump icon for my middle coin slot!
I have been using standard paper. is there something you recommend printing these on ?

You just want a nice bright white non-blotchy paper that transfers the light well. I use Hammermill Color laser 28lb, but if you like your results with plain then nothing wrong with that.

#5659 7 years ago

Woohoo! Just had a nice 5 ball game of 585 million+. I need to learn how to get more Super Jackpots. Got 1 in this game and 2 in my other 500M+ game.

Also, can someone please explain to me how the special settings work? Up until today, I noticed that first special was always at 8 tunnel shots, but for some reason today it is 9. Also second special was at something like 58 and today 59. I don't know how/why this changed or if it is a user controllable setting.

#5660 7 years ago

Nice to have mine permanently in place and shooter error fixed (diodes). Couple good games and it's so fast.

IMG_1693 (resized).JPGIMG_1693 (resized).JPG

#5661 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Woohoo! Just had a nice 5 ball game of 585 million+. I need to learn how to get more Super Jackpots. Got 1 in this game and 2 in my other 500M+ game.

Ok , time change make the change to 3 balls buddy !!

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Ok , time change make the change to 3 balls buddy !!

Hmmm. I was thinking the other direction. Why settle for 3 when the standard adjustment will let you configure 10?!

#5663 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hmmm. I was thinking the other direction. Why settle for 3 when the standard adjustment will let you configure 10?!

Cheater !!! lol

#5664 7 years ago

Actually, I will probably set to 3 at some point soon and start playing that way. I'm still learning how to do things, so 5 gives me more opportunity. Not intended as bragging or to compare to others, as I know I'm just a low rung amateur, but higher scores when compared to just myself do mean I got to experience more of the game which = more fun!

#5665 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, can someone please explain to me how the special settings work? Up until today, I noticed that first special was always at 8 tunnel shots, but for some reason today it is 9. Also second special was at something like 58 and today 59. I don't know how/why this changed or if it is a user controllable setting.

Any answers to this?

cluelessnessdemotivator.jpgcluelessnessdemotivator.jpg

#5666 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, I will probably set to 3 at some point soon and start playing that way. I'm still learning how to do things, so 5 gives me more opportunity. Not intended as bragging or to compare to others, as I know I'm just a low rung amateur, but higher scores when compared to just myself do mean I got to experience more of the game which = more fun!

I totally agree about the fun factor but with only one pin right now, your more in danger of getting bored with the game on 5 balls as opposed to 3 . As you get better your going to quickly "see it all " if you stay on 5 balls.

#5667 7 years ago

Mother nature intended a pinball game to be 5 balls. The only reason a 3 ball option exists, is to shorten the average game time so operators can cycle more players/money through the machine. Nobody needs to be ashamed of their game being set to 5 balls, all 9 of my games are, as will any other game I own in the future.

#5668 7 years ago

Looking to join the club if anyone is looking to exit

#5669 7 years ago

As a prank one day my son set the machine to one ball. I played like 3 games freaking out not knowing what was malfunctioning. Of course the big grin on his face when he asked me if something was wrong on the pinball machine immediately gave it away. Did get me thinking, however, if a one ball challenge might be kind of fun on occasion.

Now, to the fact that I only own one pin, I would love to have more but my taste seems to be larger than my wallet. Also having trouble finding good deals on pins here in north Texas. Thought I might be interested in a virtual pin, but after having played several games on multiple systems at TPF I determined they are not for me.

#5670 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now, to the fact that I only own one pin, I would love to have more but my taste seems to be larger than my wallet. Also having trouble finding good deals on pins here in north Texas.

Have the family collect aluminum cans to fund the next pin.....ask the neighbors too.

#5671 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Mother nature intended a pinball game to be 5 balls. The only reason a 3 ball option exists, is to shorten the average game time so operators can cycle more players/money through the machine. Nobody needs to be ashamed of their game being set to 5 balls, all 9 of my games are, as will any other game I own in the future.

100%, they all used to be 5 balls per game when I was kicking around the arcades then several years later they were all set to 3, turn those players more quickly and feed the machine more often, totally operator driven.

#5672 7 years ago

I completely remember a 5 ball game, back in the day. And when they changed to 3 I felt like I was being ripped off. Never thought about making Getaway a 5 ball game again. Thought maybe it would kinda be like cheating. The league I'm in is 3 balls all the time, so didn't think much of it. Besides just adding 2 and changing the setting to 5, are there other settings that you would adjust? Would multiball now need 5 balls locked before starting? Would multiball still be 3 or would it be a 5 ball multiball?

#5673 7 years ago

From decapitated to great. Pinsound board is in. Stereo rewire done. New Parts express 6'1/2" cabinet speaker installed. Comet leds throughout. Added some comet post lighting to the gauges on the slings last night as some others have done. The game really is quite fun and the actual ZZ Top music makes it that much better!

I have it on 5 ball ATM. Most of my games are but mainly because my 4 year old is less frustrated with a longer game. (Also because I suck...)

IMG_0619 (resized).JPGIMG_0619 (resized).JPG

IMG_0626 (resized).JPGIMG_0626 (resized).JPG

IMG_0627 (resized).JPGIMG_0627 (resized).JPG

#5674 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I completely remember a 5 ball game, back in the day. And when they changed to 3 I felt like I was being ripped off. Never thought about making Getaway a 5 ball game again. Thought maybe it would kinda be like cheating. The league I'm in is 3 balls all the time, so didn't think much of it. Besides just adding 2 and changing the setting to 5, are there other settings that you would adjust? Would multiball now need 5 balls locked before starting? Would multiball still be 3 or would it be a 5 ball multiball?

No, the rules are the same... you can adjust other game settings too but balls per game is totally independent.

#5675 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

From decapitated to great. Pinsound board is in. Stereo rewire done. New Parts express 6'1/2" cabinet speaker installed. Comet leds throughout. Added some comet post lighting to the gauges on the slings last night as some others have done. The game really is quite fun and the actual ZZ Top music makes it that much better!
I have it on 5 ball ATM. Most of my games are but mainly because my 4 year old is less frustrated with a longer game. (Also because I suck...)

That is seriously awesome work. So, do you have a re-orchestration for Pinsound? I am working on mine, but had a hiccup with my board, so awaiting a new one.

#5676 7 years ago

First round of painting. The snow capped mountains are taped off and are white.

IMG_0835 (resized).JPGIMG_0835 (resized).JPG

#5677 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

First round of painting. The snow capped mountains are taped off and are white.

Awesome! Any idea on approximate cost? I want to order a few of your other mods, but I am waiting on this to combine shipping.

#5678 7 years ago

Will there be an unpainted option at a modest discount for DIY painters?

#5679 7 years ago

Putting my Getaway up for sale that I had for 18 years. It is a great game but I must make some room.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have had this pin for 18 years and really debated selling, but its time to move on and make room for some new pins that I have committed to. This is a great players getaway! Ca...”
2017-04-04
Middletown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 381 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5680 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Great, that didn't take long.

#5681 7 years ago

So in talking about going from a 3 ball to a 5 ball game. I think I will do it. Want to replace the 3 in there with a new 5. Googling sums up that Pinball Life Ultra Gloss are the best ones, but they are out of stock. They tell me they rejected their last shipment and have no ETA for new stock. Anywhere else have good ones like PBL used to have?

#5682 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So in talking about going from a 3 ball to a 5 ball game. I think I will do it. Want to replace the 3 in there with a new 5. Googling sums up that Pinball Life Ultra Gloss are the best ones, but they are out of stock. They tell me they rejected their last shipment and have no ETA for new stock. Anywhere else have good ones like PBL used to have?

You can only install 3 balls in the machine

#5683 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

OK. I'm new here. So just change the settings to a 5 ball game using the same 3. Makes sense to me now.

#5684 7 years ago

I think the best thing that happened to the game was to get the brand new right number coils, sleeves, switches, springs and stop.

The game is so fast!

Pinsound Mix was provided by pinside jamescardona. I bought the ZZ Top greatest hits to have access to the music though.

The little 6'1/2" Dayton speaker from parts express sounds great with the pinsound board. Nearly as good as my flipper fidelity setups on other machines and a fraction of the cost.

IMG_0629 (resized).JPGIMG_0629 (resized).JPG

#5685 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

#5686 7 years ago
#5687 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Pinsound Mix was provided by pinside jamescardona. I bought the ZZ Top greatest hits to have access to the music though.

Just to remind everyone, I am working on a reorchestration for Getaway which I think everyone will enjoy. Unfortunately, I had a setback with my PinSound board, but a new one is on the way. Not saying that orchestrations out there now aren't good, but mine will definitely be unique and engaging. Features mainly instrumental tracks from ZZ top (as edited by me - I didn't want the vocals getting in the way of callouts) and the main theme is actually a La Grange cover with more of a techno style to it. Also, replacing as many sound effects as I can with real Lambo Diablo V12 sounds, explosions, etc. and what I don't replace I am converting to stereo instead of mono.

It will be a work in progress, but probably still looking at a couple of weeks before I get my new board in and am able to tweak my orchestration for initial release (all the work is done, but only able to simulate on PC at this point).

#5688 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I played with some LEDs and made this little mod
The car is lit up with pink but I wanted white headlights.
Disecteted a flex cool and used heat shrink to hold it together

I'm looking to do something similar to light up the kingpin license plate, but there is not a socket anywhere close to it. Any ideas?

#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm looking to do something similar to light up the kingpin license plate, but there is not a socket anywhere close to it. Any ideas?

Drill a hole and add one.

#5690 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Drill a hole and add one.

Yup, the board is full of holes what's one more.

#5691 7 years ago

That prevents the ball from dropping into the cab if it goes wild.

#5692 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I think the best thing that happened to the game was to get the brand new right number coils, sleeves, switches, springs and stop.
The game is so fast!
The little 6'1/2" Dayton speaker from parts express sounds great with the pinsound board. Nearly as good as my flipper fidelity setups on other machines and a fraction of the cost.

Oh crap talk about originals. Waaaay over due.

#5693 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

The game is so fast!

Wow, those things were toast...

#5694 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Or you could get a Comet Matrix bulb with the connector coming out on one side, buy a 5 led strip and cut off as many as needed to just light the plate up. No holes needed AND you could move it till you find just the right spot.

#5695 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Or you could get a Comet Matrix bulb with the connector coming out on one side, buy a 5 led strip and cut off as many as needed to just light the plate up. No holes needed AND you could move it till you find just the right spot.

Great idea Paul !!

#5696 7 years ago

$21 parts express Dayton 6'1/2" woofer.

Sounds nearly as good as my flipper fidelity sub.

IMG_0632 (resized).JPGIMG_0632 (resized).JPG
Original blown speaker.
IMG_0634 (resized).JPGIMG_0634 (resized).JPG
New.

#5697 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Great idea Paul !!

Yeah I got to thinkin (I'm dangerous when I do that ) why drill holes when Comet has the answer. I'm partially responsible for the Matrix system. That's kind of what I did to fully light the little Space Shuttle and astronaut on the bg of Space Station.

IMGA0073 (resized).JPGIMGA0073 (resized).JPG

#5698 7 years ago

For any future 5 ballers out there. The suggestion is to change some others settings in a 5 ball game.

IMG_0837 (resized).PNGIMG_0837 (resized).PNG

#5699 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Awesome! Any idea on approximate cost? I want to order a few of your other mods, but I am waiting on this to combine shipping.

I imagine around the cost of two LED light up kits.

#5700 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I imagine around the cost of two LED light up kits.

For us slow people how much is that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/114?hl=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.