• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 275.
#5501 7 years ago

Buddy of mine just done me a speaker panel. Not a exact perfect match. But for 45.00 and so little difference in it. I can live with it.

IMAG0590.jpgIMAG0590.jpg

#5502 7 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Buddy of mine just done me a speaker panel. Not a exact perfect match. But for 45.00 and so little difference in it. I can live with it.

That's pretty close.

#5503 7 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Did he do the artwork and production (i.e. who owns the artwork - can you share it)? Does he have some sort of commercial equipment to cut the plastic and print the graphics?

Very cool. I would want to match some of the graphics and coloring a little closer to original (would take several hours of work), but overall a great deal for $45.

I'm really toying with the idea of my own DIY LED speaker panel. Would your friend be willing to produce these for others, and would he (assumptive) take offense if we "improved" the artwork? Also, what does the back look like? In order to work with LED, overall it must be blacked out with all areas to be illuminated not blacked out.

#5504 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I'd love to have the 2 that go on the right side.... drink up heh.

I know we're all adults here and I don't mind joking about speeding, and I certainly don't mind people drinking adult beverages responsibly (although I'm a teetotaler myself). However, the "drink up" sign goes a little too far in my mind and sends the wrong message in general. They could have easily come up with another slogan not promoting DUI. Really not even mildly comical or necessary for the theme, IMHO.

Not judging anyone here or projecting my values on them. I understand that a little plastic sign on a pinball machine is rather innocuous. Just stating my opinion and thought that the designer of the sign could have done something a little more creative and whimsical.

#5505 7 years ago

I agree with ya.. I mean these things were made to entertain people from essentially all age groups. It certainly doesn't send the right message to a majority of people.. that being said I've got a pretty dark sense of humor and I find it hilarious. The games basically all about out running the cops... if we wanna get to technical the whole thing should be thrown out... but it's pinball, it's about having fun, having some laughs, and trying to disconnect from the daily hustle n bustle.

#5506 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did he do the artwork and production (i.e. who owns the artwork - can you share it)? Does he have some sort of commercial equipment to cut the plastic and print the graphics?
Very cool. I would want to match some of the graphics and coloring a little closer to original (would take several hours of work), but overall a great deal for $45.
I'm really toying with the idea of my own DIY LED speaker panel. Would your friend be willing to produce these for others, and would he (assumptive) take offense if we "improved" the artwork? Also, what does the back look like? In order to work with LED, overall it must be blacked out with all areas to be illuminated not blacked out.

Yes he had to redo the art work. don't know if he would share it or not. He actually done a sheet of these which made about 15 of them. The circles and panel were laser cut from a sheet. Then reversed printed on clear thin vinyl then covered with thin white layer. So light will come through.

IMAG0643.jpgIMAG0643.jpg

#5507 7 years ago

Just finished my nearly full first reorchestration of Getaway in anticipation of purchasing a PinSound at TPF this weekend. I've done a lot, and am looking forward to testing my audio and posting video for all to see/hear.

#5508 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished my nearly full first reorchestration of Getaway in anticipation of purchasing a PinSound at TPF this weekend. I've done a lot, and am looking forward to testing my audio and posting video for all to see/hear.

Oh that's gonna add some life into the club, your the first. I think your gonna start something.

#5509 7 years ago

Just fixed an issue with my Getaway that was bothering me. Thought I would share to see if anyone had any ideas for alternate fixes.

Basically, the up/down ramp was a hair too low when in the fully raised position. This meant balls would hit it ever so lightly when moving under it, robbing them of some speed.

No amount of fiddling with the ramp itself was helping. Rebuilding the coil assembly made no difference. I eventually realised that the gap was too large between the "hook" on the lever that raises the ramp, and the arm that "locks" it in the raised position. I tried moving the arm to the screw holes further back but the screws did not thread into those holes. So I made the gap smaller by sticking some plastic to the arm (see attached image; the plastic is the white bit). This means the ramp is held in a slightly higher position, but still moves down to the same starting position. I was surprised by how much of a gap there was in this part of the assembly. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Getaways have ramps that snag the balls as they go around the orbit.

IMG_0326 (resized).JPGIMG_0326 (resized).JPG

#5510 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Just fixed an issue with my Getaway that was bothering me. Thought I would share to see if anyone had any ideas for alternate fixes.
Basically, the up/down ramp was a hair too low when in the fully raised position. This meant balls would hit it ever so lightly when moving under it, robbing them of some speed.
No amount of fiddling with the ramp itself was helping. Rebuilding the coil assembly made no difference. I eventually realised that the gap was too large between the "hook" on the lever that raises the ramp, and the arm that "locks" it in the raised position. I tried moving the arm to the screw holes further back but the screws did not thread into those holes. So I made the gap smaller by sticking some plastic to the arm (see attached image; the plastic is the white bit). This means the ramp is held in a slightly higher position, but still moves down to the same starting position. I was surprised by how much of a gap there was in this part of the assembly. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Getaways have ramps that snag the balls as they go around the orbit.

Nice fix.

#5512 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Ingenious!

#5513 7 years ago

Has anyone added a shaker to a Getaway? Seems like syncing some vibes to the revving might add to the experience. The floor of my Getaway was trashed when I got it, so during the restoration I went large and used some heavy plywood for the new floor... glued and staples all the way around.

I just gave up on my small HF vibrating polisher... parts ate through the plastic bowl. I'm thinking of retrofitting this into a shaker motor, but will probably have to grind off some of the steel weight on the rotating shaft to reduce the vibration force. I can't have the machine dropping parts like a Harley

Now I just need to figure out what to use to trigger turning on the shaker.

#5514 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Has anyone added a shaker to a Getaway? Seems like syncing some vibes to the revving might add to the experience. The floor of my Getaway was trashed when I got it, so during the restoration I went large and used some heavy plywood for the new floor... glued and staples all the way around.
I just gave up on my small HF vibrating polisher... parts ate through the plastic bowl. I'm thinking of retrofitting this into a shaker motor, but will probably have to grind off some of the steel weight on the rotating shaft to reduce the vibration force. I can't have the machine dropping parts like a Harley
Now I just need to figure out what to use to trigger turning on the shaker.

No, haven't really wanted one, but interesting thought to go along with the engine sounds. Perfect solution would be a Pinsound where shaker would be triggered by the sound events you select (my plan is to just crank up the bass on the cabinet speaker).

#5515 7 years ago

ANNOUNCEMENT

Williams HIGH SPEED II - The Getaway
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS

Run is finished and shipping now. The classic translite converted into a real mirrored & silkscreened tempered glass, intended for complete replacement of the translite (if faded or shoddy) and/or a "pimp up" of the machine.

Stu's mirror bits are shown in our detailed photo gallery:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo196.html

Available now in the Backglass section of the CPR Store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

hs2glass01.jpghs2glass01.jpg

#5516 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
Run is finished and shipping now. The classic translite converted into a real mirrored & silkscreened tempered glass, intended for complete replacement of the translite (if faded or shoddy) and/or a "pimp up" of the machine.
KEVIN

That looks great.

#5517 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
KEVIN

That is gorgeous! Time to start a Getaway backglass savings fund!

#5518 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT Williams HIGH SPEED II - The Getaway TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS

Awesome! I sure wish you guys would do T2 and Road Show since new translites for those dont exist!

#5519 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Awesome! I sure wish you guys would do T2 and Road Show since new translites for those dont exist!

Welcome back. Missed you!

#5520 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Welcome back. Missed you!

Thanks bro, miss some of you guys too, but i'm not back.

#5521 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
KEVIN

Very nice! Sign me up!

#5522 7 years ago

Backglass ordered! Excuse to order a Pinbot too and save on shipping. That's a nice mod for HS2.

#5523 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
KEVIN

Outstanding work! Ordered.

#5524 7 years ago

Hey guys !!!
Got my Getaway a few weeks ago and been lurking the thread
Glad I'm in the club , its always on the first page.
My current issue,
I am wondering if it's the ROM?
my game has no insert light show in attract mode.
I'm running L-2
I do have the three attract options with the left flipper.
One tap-all lights
with flashers
Another tap -no lights
Third tap of button -all lights on , no flashers ,no insert light show flowing up down left &right
I thought this was normal till I l looked on YouTube
What's your thoughts?

#5525 7 years ago

Welcome to the club. Wish I could help but I'm no electronics expert. Others will be able to help you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 7 years ago

Hey everyone, just got home from my first pinball festival ever, and it was awesome! I have a lot to say about it, but it's late here, so let me just express how nice it was to meet a few other Pinders in person. Second, if you have never been to one of these events then you need to do so soon. If you like pinball, then you will absolutely love attending one of these.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I did leave with PinSond in hand so more to come soon on this topic - I think that every Getaway owner is going to want one!

#5527 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Hey guys !!!
My current issue,
I'm running L-2
One tap-all lights
with flashers
Another tap -no lights
Third tap of button -all lights on , no flashers ,no insert light show flowing up down left &right
What's your thoughts?

Welcome to the club! I've never really paid attention to attract mode, but I will now (I too am running L2).

So do all lights function normally during gameplay?

#5528 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Hey guys !!!
My current issue,
I'm running L-2
One tap-all lights
with flashers
Another tap -no lights
What's your thoughts?

Pull the plug, pull the batteries, wait 5 mins, put in new batteries, plug in, turn on, all will return to normal. Customize your settings.

#5529 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Pull the plug, pull the batteries, wait 5 mins, put in new batteries, plug in, turn on, all will return to normal. Customize your settings.

Removed ROM and reinstalled
attract IS now working properly
Thanks for welcoming me in
I look forward to contributing to the club

Update : it's the photo shoot setting #12 in feature adjustments
Mine was set to on

#5530 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Removed ROM and reinstalled
attract IS now working properly
Thanks for welcoming me in
I look forward to contributing to the club

The hard way of getting the same result.

#5531 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The hard way of getting the same result.

I had an L-1 ROM that I switched out to verify
Turns out it was just a setting
Had I seen your post first I'd have removed batterys
I appreciate your help

#5532 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Hey guys !!!
My current issue,
I'm running L-2
One tap-all lights
with flashers
Another tap -no lights
What's your thoughts?

Welcome!

#5534 7 years ago

Just added these cling on cab protectors from Titan Pinball that I picked up at the show last night (also available online). Good non-permanent method for keeping all those greasy hands from ruining your artwork.

IMG_0653.JPGIMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0656.JPGIMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0655.JPGIMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0657.JPGIMG_0657.JPG

#5535 7 years ago

Thought I would share my son's 14th birthday party cake with the group. We are celebrating by spending the day with him an 10 or so of his closest friends at the local arcade - Tornado Terry's.

IMG_0652.JPGIMG_0652.JPG

#5536 7 years ago

Look what I brought home last night. More to come . . .

IMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPG

#5537 7 years ago

I'm anxious to hear and learn more about the PinSound board.

#5538 7 years ago

Okay guys, I've decided to move forward on this. Please check the thread for instructions and next steps. What we are talking about is a full color professional quality colorized DMD for Getaway for around $200. All I'm asking for is some support towards my hardware cost in exchange for all of my development time and your input on the project.

#5539 7 years ago

Okay I don't get it why go through all that trouble when there's already one out there from ColorDMD For $369?

#5540 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Okay I don't get it why go through all that trouble when there's already one out there from ColorDMD For $369?

Well, competition is good and PIN2DMD can be had for less than $200. Many would be willing to spend 1/2 the price for a color DMD when otherwise the might just do without at $400. Think of PIN2DMD as the open source version. Not for everyone, and it may not dominate the market, but will definitely be the choice if many. Also, works with Virtual Pinball.

#5541 7 years ago

Wouldn't it be dedicated to just one game? What about Hardware tech support warranty the ability to move it from game to game. Don't get me wrong I'm all for something cheaper if it really is cheaper at the end. Some times I try to be cheap on doing something and at the end it cost me more plus my time and aggravation. This sounds like one of those scenarios

#5542 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Wouldn't it be dedicated to just one game? What about Hardware tech support warranty the ability to move it from game to game. Don't get me wrong I'm all for something cheaper if it really is cheaper at the end. Some times I try to be cheap on doing something and at the end it cost me more plus my time and aggravation. This sounds like one of those scenarios

I love my ColorDMD and it has the dot option too plus it can be moved to any game they support with just a download and a flash drive but they are very expensive.

#5543 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

If someone wants a full color DMD for Getaway, this isn't any more work than the other option at half the price. You don't have to colorize it yourself - then you'd actually have a valid point. Most people don't keep moving their color DMD from game to game. Usually they only move it when they sell the game and want to keep it.

#5544 7 years ago

PIN2DMD can be used in any game and very simple to set basic color palette. Also, works in VP and pulls appropriate games animations and colorizations if done. Again, it is up to the community to develop colorizations on the platform. If you want a retail product then ColorDMD is your choice, but at 2x the price point.

#5545 7 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps... There is also Plenty broken under the playfield.

I am trying to figure out what part/parts I am missing to lift the ramp. I have the entire mechanism below the playfield B-12576 on page 2-29 of the manual. But I have no clue what connects from A-12577 (lift crank assembly) to the actual ramp. I assume there is some sort of shaft that attaches in some manner.

Can anyone point me to the part numbers needed or the page is the manual I am missing and perhaps a photo of these things assembled? It would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to get a shopping list together to resurrect this one.

Thanks!

IMG_0406 (resized).JPGIMG_0406 (resized).JPG

IMG_0407 (resized).JPGIMG_0407 (resized).JPG

IMG_0408 (resized).JPGIMG_0408 (resized).JPG

IMG_0409 (resized).JPGIMG_0409 (resized).JPG

IMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG

IMG_0410 (resized).JPGIMG_0410 (resized).JPG

#5546 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps... There is also Plenty broken under the playfield.
I am trying to figure out what part/parts I am missing to lift the ramp. I have the entire mechanism below the playfield B-12576 on page 2-29 of the manual. But I have no clue what connects from A-12577 (lift crank assembly) to the actual ramp. I assume there is some sort of shaft that attaches in some manner.
Can anyone point me to the part numbers needed or the page is the manual I am missing and perhaps a photo of these things assembled? It would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to get a shopping list together to resurrect this one.
Thanks!

Here you go.... hope this helps some...20170325_235441 (resized).png20170325_235441 (resized).png
20170325_235327 (resized).png20170325_235327 (resized).png20170325_235032 (resized).png20170325_235032 (resized).png

#5547 7 years ago

I have all of that but what connect the arm portion to the ramp to actually lift it?

#5548 7 years ago

I am apparently missing the ramp lifter pin. Is there a part number for this?

Am I screwed?

Thanks.

IMG_0426 (resized).PNGIMG_0426 (resized).PNG

#5549 7 years ago

I think this is it... I also believe this was a hard to find part a few years back but recalled seeing it here when I bought some parts I needed for mine. Not sure if it can be had cheaper through anybody else http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/02-4268.html

#5550 7 years ago

Perfect and it looks like Marcos has them right now.

Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/111?hl=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.