• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 277.
#5251 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I'm slightly off balance but not much. A look at the coil. Not a great solder job. I could reflow that solder. Plunger moves free enough. Looks like I'd need to take the cover off to bump it over to the left a bit.

The good news is your pin level is great the bad news is I'm not sure what'sgoing on with your coil. It's mounted in reverse and I'm not sure what's happening with your tabs and wires. I'd replace the coil, coil sleeve and probably the spring. There is a notch on your coil bracket where the coil should have a tab to secure the coil so it won't move when active.

#5252 7 years ago

My Internet is down but I can post a pic of what it should look like when it comes back online. There may be pic way back in the forum but this is a fairly straight forward fix that I know you can resolve.

#5253 7 years ago

So if it's mounted in reverse how would it even work? Wouldn't it fire the wrong direction. Yea since it worked when I bought it and I didn't see any jumpers I figured it was good. Had I noticed the hack I would have offered less than $2600.

#5254 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So if it's mounted in reverse how would it even work? Wouldn't it fire the wrong direction. Yea since it worked when I bought it and I didn't see any jumpers I figured it was good. Had I noticed the hack I would have offered less than $2600.

The coil will still fire and work but there is a tab on the coil housing to fit in the coil mount to keep it in place. No worries, its all easily corrected but if it were my pin I'd replace the coil, coil sleeve and the shooter rod. Once done in a home pin you'll probably never have to mess with it ever again

#5255 7 years ago

Ok. Sounds like about a $50 job. Need to get a list together.

#5256 7 years ago

The coil isn't wired in reverse. The coil lug on the right has detached at some point so somebody soldered the wire directly to the coil itself. It's not neat but it will work.

Have you checked that the coil mounting bracket is screwed in tightly? Sometimes it can loosen and this will rob the plunger of strength. Also check that the plunger is hitting the ball square on. When you're checking the mounting screws, realign the coil so it fires straight upwards.

You can see in your video that the ball hits the sides of the shooter lane on the way out; this is a mechanical issue more than anything.

#5257 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

The coil isn't wired in reverse. The coil lug on the right has detached at some point so somebody soldered the wire directly to the coil itself. It's not neat but it will work.
Have you checked that the coil mounting bracket is screwed in tightly? Sometimes it can loosen and this will rob the plunger of strength. Also check that the plunger is hitting the ball square on. When you're checking the mounting screws, realign the coil so it fires straight upwards.
You can see in your video that the ball hits the sides of the shooter lane on the way out; this is a mechanical issue more than anything.

Mounted in reverse not wired in reverse, and I agree, the shooter rod is off set too much making the ball hit the post but it may be tough to keep in place unless he replaces that coil. If you do replace the coil I would replace everything, it's easier to do it all at the same time and do it right, and I bet you'll never have to mess with that ever again if you do but that's just my opinion.

Quoted from Charger500:

Ok. Sounds like about a $50 job. Need to get a list together.

Not even...

coil A-14789 @ $14.99
coil sleeve 03-7067-6 @ $.95

total $15.94

Optional:

Spring 10-128 @ $.80
Bell armature A-15709 @ $13.99
Rubber grommet 23-6420 out of stock

$30.73 plus shipping from Marco

OR

coil A-14789 @ $11.75
coil sleeve 03-7067-6 @ $.55

total $12.30

Optional:

Spring 10-128 @ ??
Bell armature A-15709 @ $12.95
Rubber grommet 23-6420 @ $.40

$ 25.65 plus shipping from Pinball Life

EDIT: Whichever way you decide to go let me know I may have a spring or a grommet I could send you so you don't have to make 2 orders

#5258 7 years ago

I did discover something yesterday y'all might want to be aware of. If the game is on, without even starting a game, if you have the glass off and press the switch in the ball plunger lane, the plunger will very quickly and forcefully plunge your finger, causing you to curse!

#5259 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

the plunger will very quickly and forcefully plunge your finger, causing you to curse!

And you said it was weak....

#5260 7 years ago

attract mode cleanup.

#5261 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I did discover something yesterday y'all might want to be aware of. If the game is on, without even starting a game, if you have the glass off and press the switch in the ball plunger lane, the plunger will very quickly and forcefully plunge your finger, causing you to curse!

Any blood?

#5262 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Hmmm, maybe some form of twisted anti-cheating feature built into the game, or possibly an Easter Egg of sorts? Glad you were the one that discovered it before I did!

#5263 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mounted in reverse not wired in reverse, and I agree, the shooter rod is off set too much making the ball hit the post but it may be tough to keep in place unless he replaces that coil. If you do replace the coil I would replace everything, it's easier to do it all at the same time and do it right, and I bet you'll never have to mess with that ever again if you do but that's just my opinion.

Not even...
coil A-14789 @ $14.99
coil sleeve 03-7067-6 @ $.95
total $15.94
Optional:
Spring 10-128 @ $.80
Bell armature A-15709 @ $13.99
Rubber grommet 23-6420 out of stock
$30.73 plus shipping from Marco
OR
coil A-14789 @ $11.75
coil sleeve 03-7067-6 @ $.55
total $12.30
Optional:
Spring 10-128 @ ??
Bell armature A-15709 @ $12.95
Rubber grommet 23-6420 @ $.40
$ 25.65 plus shipping from Pinball Life
EDIT: Whichever way you decide to go let me know I may have a spring or a grommet I could send you so you don't have to make 2 orders

Don't know about all the other parts, but I just bought an A-14789 Coil with included Sleeve from PBL for $11.75

#5264 7 years ago

Got these awhile ago from a website called pinball rebel. He has quite a few for different games.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5265 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know about all the other parts, but I just bought an A-14789 Coil with included Sleeve from PBL for $11.75

I dont think the included sleeve is the same, I'm pretty sure it does not have the flange, it's usually a standard sleeve for a flipper

#5266 7 years ago

Found everything on Marco.
Product Quantity Price Sub Total
Delete
Coil - solenoid #A-14789
Weight: 0.576 lb
Dimensions: 2.25 X 3 X 1.5

$14.99 $14.99
Delete
Coil sleeve - 1-7/8" with 3/16" flange #03-7067-3
Weight: 0.07 oz
Dimensions: 0 X 0 X 0

$0.75 $0.75
Delete
Spring - compression #10-128
Weight: 0.027 oz
Dimensions: 0.5 X 2.5 X 0.5

$0.80 $0.80
Delete
Bell armature assy 4-1/2" long #A-15709
Weight: 1.85 oz
Dimensions: 1 X 1 X 4.5

$13.99 $13.99
Delete
Rubber grommet - tan #38-6420
Weight: 0.023 oz
Dimensions: 0.375 X 0.375 X 0.375

$0.40 $0.40

Placing order soon.

#5267 7 years ago

Coil sleeve should be

coil sleeve 03-7067-6 not 03-7067-3

Coil sleeve - 2-5/8 inch flange

#03-7067-6

Coil sleeve - 2-5/8 inch overall length with 3/16 inch flange

Reference:
•03-7067-6

Weight: 0.08 oz

#5268 7 years ago

Found it. Thanks.

#5269 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Found it. Thanks.

NP

Not sure that grommet will work, it could just be a color difference than #23-6420 but for $.40 its worth a shot. If it's wrong I may have a spare but it's not that critical because they hardly wear out, it's just nice to start fresh.

#5270 7 years ago

It said it was the replacement for the out of stock one. Looks to be just a different color. $9 shipping is tough to swallow. Why can't this stuff be on Amazon Prime?

#5271 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

It said it was the replacement for the out of stock one. Looks to be just a different color. $9 shipping is tough to swallow. Why can't this stuff be on Amazon Prime?

Cool. You can try pinball life, I think they had everything but the spring... I could check to see if I have one of those too

#5272 7 years ago

I did. Could not find the plunger (bell armature)

#5273 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Got these awhile ago from a website called pinball rebel. He has quite a few for different games.

SHINY!. More pics please.

#5274 7 years ago

Maybe I should just save my $40 bucks for now and just make an adjustment to the plunger, and line it up more centered on the lane.

#5275 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

$9 shipping is tough to swallow. Why can't this stuff be on Amazon Prime?

Try living in Canada and ordering!! Then you would be feeling the pain!

#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Try living in Canada and ordering!! Then you would be feeling the pain!

Yea, but you guys have Butter Tarts and Poutine.

#5277 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yea, but you guys have Butter Tarts and Poutine

This is true. And better beer!!

#5278 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Those look cool.

#5279 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I dont think the included sleeve is the same, I'm pretty sure it does not have the flange, it's usually a standard sleeve for a flipper

Ok, I see what you mean. I'm using the one that came with it, and all seems to operate correctly. Guess I'll need to add this to my next order.

#5280 7 years ago

That was a PITA, just to get to screws to make the adjustment. Now I gotta do the work. But I have to play with the dog first and get his energy out and who knows what else before I can address this.

IMG_0697 (resized).JPGIMG_0697 (resized).JPG

#5281 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

That was a PITA, just to get to screws to make the adjustment.

Aww come on man !! Its just the apron you had to remove !! lol

#5282 7 years ago

while you're in there, tear apart and clean your drain kicker.

#5283 7 years ago

I knew someone would say that. It's all pitted. Not really dirty but I could do some cleaning and waxing.

#5284 7 years ago

hey, you posted a picture .

#5285 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

That was a PITA, just to get to screws to make the adjustment. Now I gotta do the work. But I have to play with the dog first and get his energy out and who knows what else before I can address this.

OMG and CLEAN that thing up for heavens sake. When I get a used game the FIRST thing I do is take the apron off and clean all that up.

#5286 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OMG and CLEAN that thing up for heavens sake. When I get a used game the FIRST thing I do is take the apron off and clean all that up.

Let me translate, just in case anyone is wondering...

#5287 7 years ago

OK!! I'll clean it up. You'd think I was kicking puppies or something.

#5288 7 years ago

I decided to make the adjustment to the left with the plunger for now, but order the plunger bits and the kickback bits all in one order, and replace them both.

#5289 7 years ago

order consolidation: good move.

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK!! I'll clean it up. You'd think I was kicking puppies or something.

With that cleaned up you whole pf will stay a lot cleaner and the balls won't spread all that dirt and coil dust all over it.

#5291 7 years ago

Funny how one little adjustment turns into a multi stage project. What I thought would be a 10 minute fix has turned into a two week project, with costs involved now.

Where did y'all find what parts are needed? I'm going off of Tilt's recommendations, but I need to know how to find this stuff for myself, and not have to rely on everyone else to hand hold through all this.

#5292 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Where did y'all find what parts are needed? I'm going off of Tilt's recommendations, but I need to know how to find this stuff for myself, and not have to rely on everyone else to hand hold through all this.

Do you have the manual?

#5294 7 years ago

Alright then; actually looking at the manual this time, gets me this shopping list, page 2-28 for the kickback, and page 2-27 for the "plunger" kicker, for a grand total of $60.16 US, Sorry to my Maple Syrup eating friends;

SHOPPING CART
Delete Product Quantity Price Sub Total
Delete
Spring - compression 10A-135 #10-135
Weight: 0.021 oz
Dimensions: 0.5 X 1.75 X 0.5

$0.95 $0.95
Delete
Coil sleeve - 2-1/16" with flange #03-7067-5
Weight: 0.06 oz
Dimensions: 0.5 X 2 X 0.5

$0.75 $0.75
Delete
Coil - solenoid no diode #AE-23-800
Weight: 0.3125 lb
Dimensions: 1.5 X 2.5 X 1

$9.99 $9.99
Delete
Bell armature assembly #A-6306-2
Weight: 1.8 oz
Dimensions: 1 X 3.5 X 1

$7.99 $7.95 $7.95
Delete
Coil - solenoid #A-14789
Weight: 0.576 lb
Dimensions: 2.25 X 3 X 1.5

$14.99 $14.99
Delete
Spring - compression #10-128
Weight: 0.027 oz
Dimensions: 0.5 X 2.5 X 0.5

$0.80 $0.80
Delete
Bell armature assy 4-1/2" long #A-15709
Weight: 1.85 oz
Dimensions: 1 X 1 X 4.5

$13.99 $13.99
Delete
Rubber grommet - tan #38-6420
Weight: 0.023 oz
Dimensions: 0.375 X 0.375 X 0.375

$0.40 $0.80
Delete
Coil sleeve - 2-5/8 inch flange #03-7067-6
Weight: 0.08 oz
Dimensions: 0 X 0 X 0

$0.95 $0.95

#5295 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Sorry to my Maple Syrup eating friends;

Would you be referring to us Canucks?

#5296 7 years ago

I got monkeyed up on my first HS2 with the ball launcher parts, none of them matched what was in the manual. So I had a couple extra bell armatures and pieces since I ordered a few times trying to get the right parts. Luckily I bought 2 more HS2 games and all of the parts worked great in those.

#5297 7 years ago

The manual is a must and your parts list looks good. These are good project to get your hands dirty that will teach you a lot about your pin. Good luck!

#5298 7 years ago

Okay guys (girls too, if there are any in here), since we are on a repair/cleaning run I wanted to ask something that I've been experiencing. The issue applies to my left flipper only. After a couple of weeks of play the left flipper begins progressively sticking worse. In other words when engaged (up) it will either slowly retreat or not retreat at all. At first I thought this might just be a one time thing, but it has now happened repeatedly the more I play. After tearing the left flipper assembly apart multiple times, everything appears to be in proper alignment and proper working order. These same symptoms still occur after a full rebuild (same coil & sleeve & bracket, but everything else replaced pretty much).

The resolution each time is to remove the bracket that supports the back of the coil, clean with inside of the coil sleeve and the shaft that goes through the sleeve, then reassemble. Once this is done, the flipper works perfectly for a few weeks and/or several plays. When looking closely, it's almost like there is some grease build up or something on the shaft/inside the sleeve. I clean both thoroughly with simply green and/or orange cleaner, then remove residue with damp cloth. Just wondering how/why this seems to repeatedly occur but just on the left flipper (neither the lower or upper right have ever had this problem). I don't see any greasy/dirty areas anywhere around the flipper area underneath so it kind of baffles me how this residue seems to reoccur. Also, should I be using any type of lubricant or just keep it dry like I have been?

Any thoughts and/or ideas? Not really that big of a deal, and if such is routine maintenance then so be it. Just seems odd to me that it's only the left flipper.

#5299 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The manual is a must and your parts list looks good. These are good project to get your hands dirty that will teach you a lot about your pin. Good luck!

I am learning, Mr. Myagi. Recall I have been through a few issues already with optos, and supercharger ramp, but ready to tackle another.

#5300 7 years ago

I'm kind of baffled as to why there would be any kind of "grease" type material in there. Most common reason for what you are experiencing are..

-flipper bat it too tight to the playfield (should have a little bit of room up and down).

-shaft is slightly binding in the coil. Are all components tight, straight and alligned properly? Does the shaft move freely within the coil?

- eos low power not immediatley disengaging.

-left flipper switch contacts maybe to close together?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.