• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 277.
#5051 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Point taken. I'll take the non-pinball related conversations offline. You have to admit, however, there is some irony to an officer loving a Getaway pinball machine since the entire theme and goal is speeding and avoiding the law.

No point intended! Just joking around! Talk about whatever you want, friend.

#5052 7 years ago

Thanks to TheOnlyest I'm now looking for a diecast Diablo. Not to add to inside the pin, just as a display piece in the gameroom.

#5053 7 years ago

I think some kind of background along with a model Diablo and cop car to either side of the beacon would be awesome.

#5054 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

there is some irony to an officer loving a Getaway pinball machine since the entire theme and goal is speeding and avoiding the law.

Why not have the best of both worlds.

lamborghini cop car (resized).jpglamborghini cop car (resized).jpg

#5055 7 years ago

It takes one to catch one.

#5056 7 years ago

Picked this up from eBay. 1/18 scale. Bburago. 1990 Diablo. I like the detail. I hope it looks as good as the pics in the ad when it arrives. Sorry about the positioning. Had to make screen grabs.

IMG_0583 (resized).PNGIMG_0583 (resized).PNG

IMG_0584 (resized).PNGIMG_0584 (resized).PNG

IMG_0585 (resized).PNGIMG_0585 (resized).PNG

#5057 7 years ago

looks cool !

#5058 7 years ago

A fine finishing touch to my custom project! Thanks Mr T, excellent work!!

Image71.jpgImage71.jpg

#5059 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Picked this up from eBay. 1/18 scale. Bburago. 1990 Diablo. I like the detail. I hope it looks as good as the pics in the ad when it arrives. Sorry about the positioning. Had to make screen grabs.

That's some mighty fine detail.

#5060 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I should have gotten that when I got the other 2.

#5061 7 years ago

Thanks to TO for my post in place of that ugly metal L-bracket! Looks right at home with my red post sleeve below it. Also, I was inspired by his blue LED's in Super Jackpot & 2X inserts. Adds a little more pop to the visual experience, and now I actually notice these during gameplay.

Metal L-bracket
IMG_0555.JPGIMG_0555.JPG

New Post (sorry, didn't realize how dirty it was around the base of the post - time for a cleaning)
IMG_0576.JPGIMG_0576.JPG

Blue Inserts (I didn't have any blue bulbs, so borrowed some from a neighbor to see what I thought. The 2X bulbs 4 SMD no dome, while the Jackpot is a frosted ghosting bulb.)
IMG_0577.JPGIMG_0577.JPG

#5062 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Looks great, and your updated design suggestion resulted in sending out 3 others this week. Now I just have to get around to making myself one with the period correct Diablo.

#5063 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Makes me wish that I was 1/18 scale!

#5064 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks to TO for my post in place of that ugly metal L-bracket! Looks right at home with my red post sleeve below it. Also, I was inspired by his blue LED's in Super Jackpot & 2X inserts. Adds a little more pop to the visual experience, and now I actually notice these during gameplay.
Metal L-bracket

New Post (sorry, didn't realize how dirty it was around the base of the post - time for a cleaning)

Blue Inserts (I didn't have any blue bulbs, so borrowed some from a neighbor to see what I thought. The 2X bulbs 4 SMD no dome, while the Jackpot is a frosted ghosting bulb.)

Glad you like the post, and im glad I inspired some ideas with my custom project!
Suggestion, use a domeless single SMD or dual SMD frosted dome in the 2X inserts, the ones you have are too bright and washed out, and they kill the "black light" effect.

#5065 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Glad you like the post, and im glad I inspired some ideas with my custom project!
Suggestion, use a domeless single SMD or dual SMD frosted dome in the 2X inserts, the ones you have are too bright and washed out, and they kill the "black light" effect.

Yes, these are just on loan so I tried what was available to me (the 4 SMD bulbs are definately too bright, but don't look quite as washed out in person), but I do like the blue color in these spots. All my other inserts are Comet non-ghosting clear dome single SMD, so my plan was to order the same in blue next time I make a pinball parts run.

#5066 7 years ago

Hi guys.

When balls come down from the right freeway orbit, they hit the post sleeve at the bottom of the ball shooter lane gate, usually going to the left slingshot or flipper, instead of returning to the right flipper.

How do I adjust this so the ball returns to the right flipper?

Here is a quick video of the problem; sorry for the poor quality.

#5067 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

I would adjust the top right flipper so it sticks out a little more into the playfield, you shouldn't need to adjust it much at all really. In other words, loosen the nut that clamps the flipper rod underneath until you can move the flipper bat manually and adjust the bat outwards somewhat. By doing this it will make the ball go further over to the left but you may need a few goes to get it correct.

#5068 7 years ago

I have the same thing happen to me, but only when the "car" goes in the"tunnel". When it kicks out into the right loop. If I don't hit it with the third upper flipper, it will hit that same post and kick out. For me, it seems that the ball doesn't have enough momentum to roll smoothly down. Maybe the third flipper adjustment Mancave describes would fix my problem too? I do not have this problem on full left to right loops.

#5069 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
When balls come down from the right freeway orbit, they hit the post sleeve at the bottom of the ball shooter lane gate, usually going to the left slingshot or flipper, instead of returning to the right flipper.
» YouTube video

Two things solved the same issue for me:

1) Are you absolutely sure that your pin is level from side-to-side? I highly recommend using the PinGuy app on your smartphone. However, you must first calibrate the app on a known level surface (e.g. a hard surface floor or workbench/table that you have leveled manually. Then put the smartphone on the pinball table (not the glass), set to 6.5% and turn on voice, get under the pin and get ready for the lady to bark out how far you are off from front to back & left to right. Make slight adjustments to legs until she tells you that everything is dead on. Again, always calibrate the app on flat surface before leveling your pin. I made the mistake once of doing this after moving my pin, getting under the table and leveling, and then once I was finished realizing the right side was about 2 inches higher than the left. I knew my floor was not that out of level. After calibrating, and leveling again with PinGuy everything was dead on.

2) Make very slight, incremental adjustments to how far the upper flipper sits at rest (about 1-2mm at a time or use something to prop it out and manually roll a ball around the loop until you get the spacing right then lock it in). What will happen is that the ball will run smoothly down the curve and along the rubber of the upper flipper returning it home without catching the post nearly 100% of the time.

#5070 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like I'll have to adjust the flipper. Seems like this was just an overlooked part of the playfield design - the post should be a few millimetres back.

#5071 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

This is most likely a leveling problem, probably not so much side-to-side, but the back being too high. Moving the upper flipper from its proper home position is NOT the way to deal with this, and WILL change the geometric dynamics of the game.
There is some adjustment with the fixed ball guides, whrereas the holes in the mounting tabs are larger than the screw, so there is some wiggle room. You'd be surprised how much difference a millimeter can make. First make sure your machine is absolutely level, and the PF (not the glass) pitch is between 6-6.5 degrees. Then take a look at the ball guide above the upper flipper, loosen the screw closest to the flipper and push the guide as far toward the left as possible, and tighten the screw. This is one of those "adjustments" that most non-pinball techs overlook and/or are unaware of.

#5072 7 years ago

...and the app is called Pinguy if that wasn't mentioned yet.

#5073 7 years ago

TO has great advice, and I did not mean to purposely misalign anything. I just think that my upper flipper was not properly aligned until I made a minor adjustment to it. Here is what my upper flipper looks like now, and my ball makes the proper loop 99.9% of the time, regardless how the ball enters the loop. Of course, I am assuming that the position my flipper is now in is not abnormal.

IMG_0587 (resized).JPGIMG_0587 (resized).JPG

#5074 7 years ago

Okay guys, was playing a game today when I hit two balls into the SC and as they were exiting I hit the third ball into the SC ramp. Here is what I ended up with. After banging hard on the table, I ended up just taking off the glass to get them unstuck.

IMG_0585.JPGIMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPG

#5075 7 years ago

Interesting. I got three stuck once.

IMG_0463 (resized).JPGIMG_0463 (resized).JPG

#5076 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

TO has great advice, and I did not mean to purposely misalign anything. I just think that my upper flipper was not properly aligned until I made a minor adjustment to it. Here is what my upper flipper looks like now, and my ball makes the proper loop 99.9% of the time, regardless how the ball enters the loop. Of course, I am assuming that the position my flipper is now in is not abnormal.

Your flipper is very close, but not perfect. the gap between that yellow line and the flipper rubber (and the ball guide behind it) should be the same the entire length of the flipper. Like so...

Image15.jpgImage15.jpg

#5077 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Your flipper is very close, but not perfect. the gap between that yellow line and the flipper rubber (and the ball guide behind it) should be the same the entire length of the flipper. Like so...

Glad I figured out even to put it where it is. When I started the backside rubber at the tip of the bat was actually resting on the metal wall. I'll have to tinker a little more next time I have the glass off.

#5078 7 years ago

So then by Only's standard, mine is also not lined up properly, huh?

IMG_0592 (resized).JPGIMG_0592 (resized).JPG

#5079 7 years ago

Looks like the ball guide took a hit right above the flipper, straighten it out carefully. Loosen the screws under the plastic and push the guide in towards center of the playfield and tighten down

Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
» YouTube video

#5080 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Its not my standard, it's Williams' standard... And no, it is not.
But its all good... 90% of the pins I see in the wild, and in pics here, that are not untouched (new) machines, are not dialed in correctly in one way or a shitload.
This is my favorite part of the hobby, getting my hands on a game where the previous (clueless) owner describes it as some variation of "GREAT" condition, tearing it down completely, cleaning and reassembling it back with its correct bits, hacks undone, and every adjustment that's been jacked with (usually all of them), adjusted back to perfection.

#5081 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I use a toothpick to set my flipper

P_20170212_182934 (resized).jpgP_20170212_182934 (resized).jpg

#5082 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I use a toothpick to set my flipper

Cool, as long as the results are good! And its seriously time for new bats bro! Also, all the wiring for the lock switches is supposed to be between the wireform ramp and the cabinet, not on the left side of the wireform all visible and tacky like yours (the point of that nifty cover you put that Donut Heaven sticker on). And the wires are not supposed to feed thru that spot in the plastic either, that notch is for access to the launch ball guide adjustment screws.

#5083 7 years ago

So, TheOnlyest how would go about adjusting the flipper? Something is not right when the balling a kicked out of the tunnel.

#5084 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So, theonlyest how would go about adjusting the flipper? Something is not right when the balling a kicked out of the tunnel.

I can only answer the first question, the 2nd doesn't appear to be in english! lol Answer... Eyeball.

#5085 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Cool, as long as the results are good! And its seriously time for new bats bro! Also, all the wiring for the lock switches is supposed to be between the wireform ramp and the cabinet, not on the left side of the wireform all visible and tacky like yours (the point of that nifty cover you put that Donut Heaven sticker on). And the wires are not supposed to feed thru that spot in the plastic either, that notch is for access to the launch ball guide adjustment screws.

On top of the wire form? Where does the middle switch wire go? Fixed, thanks!

#5086 7 years ago

Stupid iPhone autocorrect. What I'm trying to say is that when the balls comes out of the kick out tunnel it rolls down much slower than when it makes a left to right orbit. If i don't flip with the upper flipper, it will come down and hit the post just below the flipper, the same problem arolden is having, except it doesn't happen during orbit shots.

#5087 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Stupid iPhone autocorrect. What I'm trying to say is that when the balls comes out of the kick out tunnel it rolls down much slower than when it makes a left to right orbit. If i don't flip with the upper flipper, it will come down and hit the post just below the flipper, the same problem arolden is having, except it doesn't happen during orbit shots.

I'm looking at the gap between the bat and your guide, it almost looks like they're touching in the photo

#5088 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay guys, was playing a game today when I hit two balls into the SC and as they were exiting I hit the third ball into the SC ramp. Here is what I ended up with. After banging hard on the table, I ended up just taking off the glass to get them unstuck.

Crazy, never seen that before.

#5089 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I'm looking at the gap between the bat and your guide, it almost looks like they're touching in the photo

Yes that's what I see also. Looks like to be just a business card size gap.

#5090 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Yes that's what I see also. Looks like to be just a business card size gap.

I can put a pencil in mine

#5091 7 years ago

I'm restoring and customising a Getaway at the moment. Playfield is nearly done, just cleaning the supercharger loop pieces. I've seen other powder coat their wireform black, green and red, but I went with a slightly metallic medium grey. I'll probably buy new Chrome ones eventually, but I like the grey, so may yet leave it there.

IMG_20170213_185140 (resized).jpgIMG_20170213_185140 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170213_185327 (resized).jpgIMG_20170213_185327 (resized).jpg

#5092 7 years ago
Quoted from tas_tig3r:

I'm restoring and customising a Getaway at the moment. Playfield is nearly done, just cleaning the supercharger loop pieces. I've seen other powder coat their wireform black, green and red, but I went with a slightly metallic medium grey. I'll probably buy new Chrome ones eventually, but I like the grey, so may yet leave it there.

Looking good!

#5093 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I can put a pencil in mine

Ok. I think this is my problem then. Question to the group; how do I adjust and not make it worse? I have some people in my pinball league I can ask also.

#5094 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Ok. I think this is my problem then. Question to the group; how do I adjust and not make it worse? I have some people in my pinball league I can ask also.

I'm not sure what you're asking but to adjust the flipper position you need to loosen the nut to free the flipper post from the clamp, once you've done that you can adjust it's height and position. The gap on the upper flipper is to act as the "ball guide", too far out and it will go SDTM or left flipper, too far in and it will cause the ball to hit the post sleeve below the flipper bat. There has been good info here on how to gap the flipper correctly but realize you'll need to hold it in place when you retighten the nut.

Disclaimer: You should not mess with the flipper height if your bushing is ok, sometimes in routed games these bushing wear out and the flipper will drag on the PF and that's why you'll see wear in the flipper areas...

upper flipper (resized).jpgupper flipper (resized).jpg

upper flipper 2 (resized).jpgupper flipper 2 (resized).jpg

#5095 7 years ago

I think my issue is more where the flipper is resting. It's too far in, allowing the ball to hit the post. I need to make it not stop as far back, I think. Where it pivots is fine, I feel. The end needs to not stop so far back.

#5096 7 years ago

Am I understanding this correctly? See marked up image. That will "swing" the bat further into the playfield, lining it up parallel to the playfield yellow line.

flippercrop.pdfflippercrop.pdf

#5097 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Am I understanding this correctly? See marked up image. That will "swing" the bat further into the playfield, lining it up parallel to the playfield yellow line.

Yes, loosening that nut will free the flipper post so it can be moved, it will not move the post for you. Once it is loose and able to be moved you can then position it to where you want it to line up. Keep the flipper bat secured in that position and tighten the nut up, you can accomplish this....

On the PF side, you can use something in between the flipper and the metal ball guide (as one post showed a tooth pick) but a shim may work best; as you apply pressure on the nut it may cause the post to move out of place so holding it with your free hand will help you keep it secure as you tighten the nut (the "shim" will keep the flipper gapped correctly).

#5098 7 years ago

Gotcha, Tilt. Maybe then I'll be able to make those upper loops better.

#5099 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Gotcha, Tilt. Maybe then I'll be able to make those upper loops better.

Yeah, it's a tough shot to make if the ball isn't going to the correct flipper or going SDTM. Good luck!

#5100 7 years ago

Got my Diablo today!

IMG_0596 (resized).JPGIMG_0596 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.