• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 275.
#5001 7 years ago

This is from the internet, so it must be true;
1:43 Scale is a model approximately 3 to 5 inches in length.
1:24 scale is a model approximately 5 to 8 inches in length.
1:18 scale is a model approximately 8 to 11 inches in length.
1:12 scale is a model approximately 14 to 16 inches in length.

#5003 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

This is from the internet, so it must be true;
1:43 Scale is a model approximately 3 to 5 inches in length.
1:24 scale is a model approximately 5 to 8 inches in length.
1:18 scale is a model approximately 8 to 11 inches in length.
1:12 scale is a model approximately 14 to 16 inches in length.

Does that apply anatomically, or just to cars?

#5004 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

This one looks like it should fit nicely. amazon.com link »

Except it's a Countach and not a Diablo, just sayin'.

Would love to have either of these in my driveway!

#5005 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

theonlyest but you agree this is a period correct diecast as depicted in game?

Quoted from SuperPinball:

crap, the one I got is 1:18. That thing will cover half the playfield.

Yes, on both counts.

#5006 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Except it's a Countach and not a Diablo, just sayin'.
Would love to have either of these in my driveway!
» YouTube video

yeah, my bad, don't know why I was thinking Countach.

#5007 7 years ago

The car you get simply depends on your personal concern with scale, detail and proportionate accuracy, and consistency with the PF graphics. There are low end toys that depict the car adequately and are cheap, but the proportions of the car details is WAY off. And there are high end "collector" versions that are dead-on-balls accurate to the real car. I went with the "Detail Cars" model because their diecast cars are licensed and amazingly perfectly accurate. Detail Cars also makes an assembled 1/43 version, but it has the rear wing and tan interior.
With the model that I bought, I had the option to not attach the rear wing, and paint the interior black like the PF images. The only PF detail I chose to ignore, was painting the wheels gold... But I could always go back paint and them if I change my mind.

#5009 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Found this 1:43 scale diablo. amazon.com link »

Yes, that is a higher end and accurate model, but it has tan interior and a rear wing. FYI, those James Bond diorama's are all over ebay for a much lower price.

#5010 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The car you get simply depends on your personal concern with scale, detail and proportionate accuracy, and consistency with the PF graphics. There are low end toys that depict the car adequately and are cheap, but the proportions of the car details is WAY off. And there are high end "collector" versions that are dead-on-balls accurate to the real car. I went with the "Detail Cars" model because their diecast cars are licensed and amazingly perfectly accurate. Detail Cars also makes an assembled 1/43 version, but it has the rear wing and tan interior.
With the model that I bought, I had the option to not attach the rear wing, and paint the interior black like the PF images. The only PF detail I chose to ignore, was painting the wheels gold... But I could always go back paint and them if I change my mind.

OK, since you've done the research, what is your take on the quality of Maisto diecast?

#5011 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK, since you've done the research, what is your take on the quality of Maisto diecast?

Above average, but Maisto doesn't sell a 1/43 red Diablo VT individually, you'd have to buy a complete set of all the scales, which is expensive and hard to find. Here's one that's really cheap, but in Italy... ebay.com link: MAISTO MI98896R LAMBORGHINI DIABLO 1 18 1 24 1 32 1 43 Pz 4 RED SCAT USURATA

#5012 7 years ago

I'ts a bit pricey but I ordered this one once I found out how big the other one was.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009WY35M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#5013 7 years ago

I'ts a bit pricey but I ordered this one once I found out how big the other one was.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009WY35M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excellent choice! Vitesse makes an excellent and highly detailed and accurate model! But yes, pricey... You get what you pay for. Google the "Looksmart" models (also made in Italy), STOOOPID expensive, but amazing perfection!

#5014 7 years ago

I love that UK eBay "dispatches" purchases instead of "ships" them.

#5015 7 years ago

You'll have to replace that Euro license plate with a good ol' American "KINGPIN" version.

#5016 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Excellent choice! Vitesse makes an excellent and highly detailed and accurate model! But yes, pricey... You get what you pay for. Google the "Looksmart" models (also made in Italy), STOOOPID expensive, but amazing perfection!

Man, we have all kinds of nerds in this forum . . . obviously well educated on the topic. Thanks for all the insight.

#5017 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man, we have all kinds of nerds in this forum . . . obviously well educated on the topic. Thanks for all the insight.

I'm no nerd, just a hardcore exotic car enthusiast! The 1995-98 Diablo SV is my grail car, and I WILL have one someday, but for now, i'm stuck with rollin' in my Ferrari.

#5018 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm no nerd, just a hardcore exotic car enthusiast! The 1995-98 Diablo SV is my grail car, and I WILL have one someday, but for now, i'm stuck with rollin' in my Ferrari.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#5019 7 years ago

Everybody can roll in a Ferrari

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5020 7 years ago

The ol clunker... 1991 348ts, and yes, that's me.

348.jpg348.jpg

#5021 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You'll have to replace that Euro license plate with a good ol' American "KINGPIN" version.

You read my mind

#5022 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The ol clunker... 1991 348ts, and yes, that's me.

Sweet. This is my ride;

2970_1076660606155_7667534_n (resized).jpg2970_1076660606155_7667534_n (resized).jpg

#5023 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey nothing wrong with the moniker "exotic car nerd". I use "nerd" as a complimentary term for anyone who is an expert or has a detailed knowledge of any subject (probably not the primary definition of the word, but I think it fits).

#5024 7 years ago

Here's my ride.

images.jpgimages.jpg

1 Zebra power & 0-60 in never flat. Doesn't run on gas, but does emit some occasionally.

#5025 7 years ago

Quoted from Charger500:Sweet. This is my ride;

Now that, I coulda guessed...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5026 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here's my ride.

1 Zebra power & 0-60 in never flat. Doesn't run on gas, but does emit some occasionally.

So are you Amish, or Quaker?

#5027 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

So are you Amish, or Quaker?

Actually, I can't complain. I drive a reliable Nissan Titan crew cab with nearly 200K miles that I bought new in 2005 (I do live in TX, where everyone owns at least one pickup). Great truck for everything I need it for, and I keep it clean and in as best condition as possible. My wife gets the BMW 535i which I enjoy driving on the weekends. Not quite sports car class, but fun enough car for an old guy with a family. My realistic dream car is probably a Nissan 370z. Oddly enough, without even knowing we both liked them, my Dad just bought a brand new red 370z, and he's looking to put some third party performance kit on it to give it even more HP (he does have some amateur track racing experience). I hope I have as much fun as he does when I'm pushing 70.

#5028 7 years ago

Here's my ride:

IMG_7815 (resized).JPGIMG_7815 (resized).JPG

IMG_7816 (resized).JPGIMG_7816 (resized).JPG

IMG_7817 (resized).JPGIMG_7817 (resized).JPG

#5029 7 years ago

Oh, that's why you like Getaway, but as the chaser, not the chasee. ?

#5030 7 years ago

Sometimes you're the hunted and sometimes you're the hunter.

#5031 7 years ago

Note to self; go the speed when driving through Shelby County, Tennessee.

#5032 7 years ago

Grinder901 , do you go to Gibson's Donuts?

#5033 7 years ago

Haha I def stay the hell out of Donut (Doughnut?) shops when in uniform. Nothing worse than a cliche come to life and I try to avoid them altogether in life because I don't want to be one of those sad, waddling, obese officers whose duty belt struggles to stay up. But once in a while I say screw it, the Bavarian cream filled are my favorite.

And in ten years I may have given out three or four speeding tickets, maybe. Hell, I speed. We all speed. Just don't drive crazy/reckless or 30 miles over and we're good. I've got real criminals to try and catch. At most, I'll stop you, say slow it down and make sure your license is valid, you have insurance proof, don't have any warrants or illegal items/substances in the car.

#5034 7 years ago

Got my powder coating back. Done in cherry red. Thanks SUPERBEE for the contact. I also added a a few extra LED strips to give it that nuclear powered look.

My pleasure Mike, They look amazing !!!

#5035 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Note to self; go the speed when driving through Shelby County, Tennessee.

Hell no !!! Grinder, show us a photo of yourself so that we know what you look like. If you catch us speeding on your watch, when you walk up.. we will be whistling La Grange by ZZ top and you will let us go right ? .....

#5036 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Here's my ride:

Now that's cool! Top,speed? I need to visit TN for a ride-along some day.

#5037 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'll stop you, say slow it down and make sure your license is valid, you have insurance proof, don't have any warrants or illegal items/substances in the car.

Thats what we call a classy cop with common sense !! Even though i have said it before... Thanks for your service and keeping people safe Ryan.

#5038 7 years ago

Thanks guys. My pleasure and honor. Just trying to help people and make the community a better place.

I've driven many patrol cars in my 10 years. I've driven an Impala, Charger, Crown Vic, Tahoe and now an Explorer. I was the first deputy in Patrol to get the Explorer. I gotta tell ya, this Explorer kicks ass. It handles great and has great acceleration. It tops out at 160. It's not perfect but prob my favorite patrol car to drive.

A picture? Hmm let me see what I can dig up. Here's a picture of me and my district partner right before we had to suit up to stand by for potential riots a few months ago, luckily the "planned" riots never materialized. And another photo of me after a grueling day of riot control training. I'm on the Mobile Field Force and have gear in the car to be able to react to any civil unrests quickly.

IMG_9679 (resized).JPGIMG_9679 (resized).JPG

IMG_7111 (resized).JPGIMG_7111 (resized).JPG

IMG_7542 (resized).JPGIMG_7542 (resized).JPG

#5039 7 years ago

Based on those pics, I bet I can tell you which one is the "good cop" and "bad cop" if you ever play that game with the perps - pretty stern look on your face there.

In all seriousness, you guys look pretty bad! Thinks for putting yourself out there everyday, and maintaining law and order. Serious work you do, and not many of us could handle your job in today's politically charged climate. Glad you're able to enjoy hobbies like this, and appreciate your contributions.

#5040 7 years ago

Can't tell from the pics, but can you share what sidearm you carry? I know several local offers, and weapon of choice seems to be Glock 9mm or .45 (actually seems like 9mm with hollow points is becoming more popular with them). Makes me feel good as this is the same weapon I carry/own, as I am a proud resident of a conceal and carry state.

Don't know if firearm discussion is allowed here or not, but interesting topic for me.

#5041 7 years ago

Haha he's a great partner and much wiser than most guys his age. We go back and forth on different scenes with the good cop/bad cop or the contact/cover roles.

Our department uses Sig P226 .40

I also enjoy Glocks. These image are more for the Iron Man thread but what the hell. Check out what I had done to my personal Glock:

IMG_9632 (resized).JPGIMG_9632 (resized).JPG

IMG_9633 (resized).JPGIMG_9633 (resized).JPG

IMG_9634 (resized).JPGIMG_9634 (resized).JPG

IMG_9635 (resized).JPGIMG_9635 (resized).JPG

IMG_9636 (resized).JPGIMG_9636 (resized).JPG

#5042 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha he's a great partner and much wiser than most guys his age. We go back and forth on different scenes with the good cop/bad cop or the contact/cover roles.
Our department uses Sig P226 .40
I also enjoy Glocks. These image are more for the Iron Man thread but what the hell. Check out what I had done to my personal Glock:

Now that is awesome! Also brings a little more context to your avatar for me.

#5043 7 years ago

You look bad ass Ryan!! Great to see that a guy in your line of work can shut er down once and a while and just enjoy a hobby like ours with everyday shmos like us. You must see some very for real shit in life so hats off!!

#5044 7 years ago

Grinder, So are the Glock composites molded it those colors or did you paint them somehow? I assume the metal parts are powder coated with painted graphics? You have my head spinning with Glock customization ideas now - darn you!

#5045 7 years ago

One of my old HS2 games is up for sale in the Western NY area if anyone was looking. buffalo.craigslist.org link

#5046 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Grinder, So are the Glock composites molded it those colors or did you paint them somehow? I assume the metal parts are powder coated with painted graphics? You have my head spinning with Glock customization ideas now - darn you!

I'll PM you some details about the Glock. I think the gun was cerakoted those colors. I can give you my guys' contact info too.

I'm doing my rifle in a similar style next:

IMG_9641 (resized).JPGIMG_9641 (resized).JPG

#5047 7 years ago

Hey guys! Quick question to derail the tiny car/sweet iron man gun talk.

I was playing yesterday and on my first ball I swear I got 3 extra balls: freeway EB, burn rubber EB, and a multi-ball EB (side question - how do you get this one? Seems like it sometime randomly lights EB during multi-ball).

Once I started draining, I realized the game only gave me 2 extra balls. Is there a limit to "banked" extra balls? Or am I drunk and got confused about how many EB's I should have had? (seems possible I got confused and the multi-ball EB was actually just the freeway EB, unlocked during multi-ball)

#5048 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Hey guys! Quick question to derail the tiny car/sweet iron man gun talk.
I was playing yesterday and on my first ball I swear I got 3 extra balls: freeway EB, burn rubber EB, and a multi-ball EB (side question - how do you get this one? Seems like it sometime randomly lights EB during multi-ball).
Once I started draining, I realized the game only gave me 2 extra balls. Is there a limit to "banked" extra balls? Or am I drunk and got confused about how many EB's I should have had? (seems possible I got confused and the multi-ball EB was actually just the freeway EB, unlocked during multi-ball)

There is a menu setting to limit the number of extra balls you can get. Yours may be set to 2. I maxed mine to 10 cause I suck at pinball.

#5049 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

There is a menu setting to limit the number of extra balls you can get. Yours may be set to 2. I maxed mine to 10 cause I suck at pinball.

Yes, A=Adjustments, A1 :3 = max extra balls 1-10 and A1: 4 =max extra balls/play 1-10 or off (no max)

#5050 7 years ago

Point taken. I'll take the non-pinball related conversations offline. You have to admit, however, there is some irony to an officer loving a Getaway pinball machine since the entire theme and goal is speeding and avoiding the law.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/101?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.