(Topic ID: 225368)

Getaway: Cabinet Flipper Switches: Which wire where?

By jaybeedee

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jaybeedee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have picked up a Getaway which needs some TLC. At some point the Gear shift has been punched through and damaged the cabinet right flipper switches, and the wires are no longer connected.

Does it matter which blade they are connected to ? I am confused, as they all end up contacting anyway, possibly with a slight timing offset.

Once that is sorted, then I'm onto replacing one of the microswitches on the shifter.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I have picked up a Getaway which needs some TLC. At some point the Gear shift has been punched through and damaged the cabinet right flipper switches, and the wires are no longer connected.
Does it matter which blade they are connected to ? I am confused, as they all end up contacting anyway, possibly with a slight timing offset.
Once that is sorted, then I'm onto replacing one of the microswitches on the shifter.

Yes, it matters when the switch stack controls two flippers.

One ground wire, and one power wire for each flipper coil.

Power wire for lower flipper goes on lug closest to cabinet side (switch closes first, so you can stage)

Ground wire on middle lug

Power wire for upper flipper goes on lug farthest from cabinet side (switch closes last, so you can stage)

Should also be spark suppression caps across the lugs.

I think this is correct for Getaway, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

RussM

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Russ. Getaway is a bit of an oddity and has a low voltage leaf switch in the cabinet. So I am pretty sure no cap.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Getaway is a bit of an oddity and has a low voltage leaf switch in the cabinet.

Fliptronics 2. No high voltage. No cap.

Your manual should have the wire colors. Look at switch matrix, one side is dedicated switches like EOS and flippers.

Or go into Tests - Switch Edge - touch wires together two at a time, see what registers on the screen. Or go into Tests - Single Switch - stop on flipper button switch, hit the start button, then keep hitting the + diagnostic button to step through switch information like name, wire colors, connector number and pin number.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

Page 3-4 in the manual. Right hand side of the switch matrix.

You can download a manual here : https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl if you don't have one.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Leaf blade switches. Usually the set closest to the flipper button are for lower flippers, leaf blade set farthest away from flipper button is for upper flippers.

That way if you only push the flipper button in a little you only fire the lower.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Leaf blade switches. Usually the set closest to the flipper button are for lower flippers, leaf blade set farthest away from flipper button is for upper flippers.
That way if you only push the flipper button in a little you only fire the lower.

Yep, I should have looked it up - HSII The Getaway is Fliptronics 2 so low-voltage signal switches on cabinet and EOS.

Lloyd has it right.

RussM

#8 5 years ago

Thanks Guys, I'll have to get a subtle enough touch to just fire the lower flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Trade
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-cabinet-flipper-switches-which-wire-where- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.