Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
lamp_matrix.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexRogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

The siren should be going off in multiball, special, etc....
Mine sticks and needs a bang on top to get it moving.
Sorry can't help trouble shoot beyond that.

Ok, so this thread is 7 years old, but this comment here is exactly what I'm curious about:

"Mine sticks and needs a bang on top to get it moving"

Any idea what is causing this or what can be done to sort it out once and for all? Mine sticks too. Not always, but maybe every third game. No rhyme or reason that I've found so far. It all looks fine when I took it out. All screws are in place on both the plate to wood and motor to plate. Wiring connector is fine and bulb comes on reliably every single time. The little disc just doesn't always get rotating when turned on. A light tap on the left side gets it going though, every single time without fail.

Weak motor? Replace it and done like dinner?

2 years later
#27 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Had the same problem with mine when I first got my Getaway. The beacon bulb and rotating reflector motor are on the same circuit. The bulb looked like it was the original, so I changed it out with an LED bulb, which requires much lower amperage. This provided more amperage potential for the reflector motor, and the motor then always quietly starts up and rotates like it's supposed to - problem solved!

Didn’t see the reply here until now. Good call on the LED bulb. I found the same solution to my sticking rotating light. I took it one step further and installed the “mini” version of the 1156 base bulb and it works perfectly now. I used to need to tap on the backbox at least every other game and I haven’t needed to do that a single time since putting the correct bulb in. Probably 1,000 games in that time. Easy fix… just had to read the manual closely!! D’oh!!

#29 1 year ago

I kept that bulb incandescent on my game, however, I think the 1156 bulbs I already had were from/for my car. You can buy those kinds of bulbs at your local automotive parts place as they are used in taillights and other places on vehicles.

#30 1 year ago

There are a few different parts that work in both cars and pinball machines. And not that I don't want to support the dedicated vendors, but the prices can be pretty crazy if you buy the same item from one hobby versus another.

These look familiar?

https://store.delorean.com/105859-lamp-socket-assy-black.html

How about these?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8767

$1 versus $10? No thanks, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexRogan84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-beacon-settings?tu=AlexRogan84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.