Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
9B2A23CC-140D-4F19-A2F7-C05B354A4B2B (resized).jpeg
B0C98E33-B550-4524-A5EF-8393443F2C16 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello all, I have a getaway highspeed II that I wanted to put led’s in. I was going to do this and noticed all my lights that are connected to a particular wire will not work. I assume this means something is fried. Please let me know what to do and how to fix it! Here are some pictures.

Note where no lights are plugged in is where they don’t work. It looks like that green wire is where it is happening

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

FYI, in lieu of starting new threads with each of your issues, I think you will find the Getaway owners club very helpful and supportive.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Karpy1717:

It looks like that green wire is where it is happening

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

Blown fuse, burned connectors, could be a few things.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

How can you problem solve? I’m new to this type of stuff so I’m not entirely sure. I did just service the board to get an Nvram and no other problems showed up so it wouldn’t be anything to do with that. How can you look for that

#5 4 years ago

You need to check the fuses with a meter. If they test good, you need to check the wires at the connector on the board (j120 or 121) for continuity to the lamps.

Can you show a pic of those two connectors? They tend to burn and lose conductivity over time and need to be replaced on with the header pins.

#6 4 years ago

My backbox is half out because of a burnt plug, pic for reference!

B0C98E33-B550-4524-A5EF-8393443F2C16 (resized).jpegB0C98E33-B550-4524-A5EF-8393443F2C16 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Karpy1717:

How can you problem solve?

Did you read any of the link I posted. It will give you a general idea of your GI lighting and problems and cures.

#8 4 years ago

Ok so sure enough it is a burnt plug on the j120. Any ideas with how to fix it?! Here is my image of it

9B2A23CC-140D-4F19-A2F7-C05B354A4B2B (resized).jpeg9B2A23CC-140D-4F19-A2F7-C05B354A4B2B (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago

That’s the j120 looks ok to me but wanted to attach an image anyway

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

You’ll have to replace the plug, no way around it. It’s not for a beginner, but I guess everyone needs to start somewhere. You need .156 female pins, 11-pin connector, and a crimping tool. Great Plains electronics has what you need, plenty of YouTube videos on pinning connectors. Not hard, just practice. You could also use an idc connector and a wire punch, videos on that too. People here will help with questions. This is an essential skill for pinball owners.

#11 4 years ago

Do you know if there are any instructions on doing this? Thanks for the speedy reply!

#12 4 years ago

Or YouTube like you said I guess

1 year later
#13 3 years ago

Hi,
In my Getaway all lamps in the backbox stopped working, I checked the fuses are ok, I replaced the connector with a new one and it still does not work.
What else to check?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from fly:

Hi,
In my Getaway all lamps in the backbox stopped working, I checked the fuses are ok, I replaced the connector with a new one and it still does not work.
What else to check?

Did you check the fuses visually only, or did you actually remove them from the fuse holder and measured them for continuity with a multimeter? Fuses can look ok visually but still be broken. Only way to be sure is to remove and measure.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from fly:

What else to check?

AC power to driver board GI, AC power leaving driver board to backbox. Try and narrow down which direction to go.

Bulbs good ?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Did you check the fuses visually only, or did you actually remove them from the fuse holder and measured them for continuity with a multimeter? Fuses can look ok visually but still be broken. Only way to be sure is to remove and measure.

I checked with a multimeter

Quoted from LTG:

AC power to driver board GI, AC power leaving driver board to backbox. Try and narrow down which direction to go.
Bulbs good ?

Ok

Bulbs ok

#17 3 years ago

J120-1 ~~ J120-7 no voltage, and J120-2 ~~ J120-8 no voltage

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-backbox-dead-wire?hl=karpy1717 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.