GetawayH.jpg
GetawayHitchhiker.jpg
Nurse gOOd bOdy.jpg
Pull on that rod.jpg
GetawayHitchhiker2.jpg
getaway-tna.jpg
GetawaySmall2.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I made up an alternate translite for Getaway. I didn't add the High Speed II text but I can if anyone prefers it to be in there. Send me a PM if you are interested in one. $120 shipped.

GetawaySmall2.jpgGetawaySmall2.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I actually like this, but if I could critique 1 thing I'd change the gal maybee make her shirt say high speed II? Or I like to go fast? Something more fitting for the game

#3 9 years ago

Maybee a hot blond with a white t-shirt n Jean shorts on (bra optinal) high speed II written in red. More like the hitchhiker.. I'd prolly buy that

#4 9 years ago

I like the suggestions. I initially put her in there as a placeholder till I could find something better but I might try to find a girl that matches the hitchhiker more. I was also trying to get some reference to the RPMs in there too but haven't come up with a solution I like.

#5 9 years ago

Suggestion would be to use a Lamborghini Diablo. I have the alternate translight with a Ferrari and Ferrari does not match the game.

#6 9 years ago

Wow, is that a Ferrari? I guess I've just been looking at the driver and passenger on mine...

#7 9 years ago

Skip the car and just give Pinsiders what they seem to want.

Yeah, I chose the wrong Ferrari, but no one will care. ;)Yeah, I chose the wrong Ferrari, but no one will care.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is there a Ferrari on there? all i can see is T @ A, the flag is nice too

#9 9 years ago

Original is much better

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, I chose the wrong Ferrari, but no one will care.

Amen. Both you and the girl have skills!

#11 9 years ago

Almost there, Maybe next you can make a Laser War one. Such a great game such a bad translite.

2 months later
#12 9 years ago

Changed the girl up a little.

GetawayHitchhiker2.jpgGetawayHitchhiker2.jpg

GetawayHitchhiker.jpgGetawayHitchhiker.jpg

GetawayH.jpgGetawayH.jpg
#13 9 years ago

I like it , but the girl needs to be Replaced ,,,, How about ,,, B-Lo

Pull on that rod.jpgPull on that rod.jpg Nurse gOOd bOdy.jpgNurse gOOd bOdy.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

Changed the girl up a little.

GetawayHitchhiker2.jpg 132 KB

First girl was 100x better.

#15 9 years ago

I just don't like the real pictures in translites. Did everyone used to give Gottlieb shit all the time for doing it on their BG's? I remember it. Should go with some hand drawn art. Doesn't even have to be yours, Photoshop works the same way. There is a reason Metallica is one of Stern's best art packages around.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just don't like the real pictures in translites. Did everyone used to give Gottlieb shit all the time for doing it on their BG's? I remember it. Should go with some hand drawn art. Doesn't even have to be yours, Photoshop works the same way. There is a reason Metallica is one of Stern's best art packages around.

I agree that illustrations look better most of the time. There are plenty of examples of bad drawn artwork. Like anything it often comes down to just making a lot and getting better at it. We do illustrations on our own games. It is a lot easier when you are in control of the theme and the direction the art in the game takes. The art on Metallica doesn't really do it for me but I would agree it is above average for a Stern.

#17 9 years ago

but there are plenty of great car art and hot girl art. Keith garvey is awesome at hand drawn girl art. has 1000's of pictures to choose from. I use his art a lot of time when i'm making instruction cards. Car art is the same. Plenty of awesome ferrari drawn pictures out there. I just think it will blend more with the art that's on the game and you will get more interested parties.

#18 9 years ago

Why are you using a Ferrari?? The car in the game is a Lamborghini Diablo?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but there are plenty of great car art and hot girl art. Keith garvey is awesome at hand drawn girl art. has 1000's of pictures to choose from. I use his art a lot of time when i'm making instruction cards. Car art is the same. Plenty of awesome ferrari drawn pictures out there. I just think it will blend more with the art that's on the game and you will get more interested parties.

That guy is a hell of an artist...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Definitely different takes on this. Keith Garvey is proficient at what he does but his illustrations look terrible to me. Now Alberto Vargas is a hell of an artist.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Why are you using a Ferrari?? The car in the game is a Lamborghini Diablo?

The car in the game is a pinball and I like Ferraris.

#21 9 years ago

I originally thought it was an F40 too, but upon further inspection, it really looks more like a Lambo Diablo (and its definitely a Diablo on the playfield)

#22 9 years ago

I Don't care if this is a Kustom Creative Photo shop or What ,, it's Still my Favorite !!

More Power to U David !!!

Marisa Miller's Pict- was on a Free PC download site ,, she Doesn;t own the Pict- it was placed on the web 4-Free to do w/ what U Please .. But their's other's Here that Will disagree ..

Getaway Alt- Trans.jpgGetaway Alt- Trans.jpg
Otter Box 003.jpgOtter Box 003.jpg
Iron man Pinball with Cointaker Premium Leds 001.JPGIron man Pinball with Cointaker Premium Leds 001.JPG

#23 9 years ago

Can you make one with a Diablo?? That is what is stopping me from buying one. I am sure I am not the only one in that camp.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Don't care if this is a Kustom Creative Photo shop or What ,, it's Still my Favorite !!
More Power to U David !!!
Marisa Miller's Pict- was on a Free PC download site ,, she Doesn;t own the Pict- it was placed on the web 4-Free to do w/ what U Please .. But their's other's Here that Will disagree ..

As a traffic engineer.. that speed limit sign on the left side of the road (without a matching one on the right) really, really bugs the crap out of me.

#25 9 years ago

Must be behind the young lady.

Don C.

Quoted from Coyote:

As a traffic engineer.. that speed limit sign on the left side of the road (without a matching one on the right) really, really bugs the crap out of me.

#26 9 years ago

Alternative Translites: Turning classic Williams/bally games into bad DE/Sega/Stern dreck since 2002.

#27 9 years ago

DE had drawn art. I think it's more like turning into late 80's premier games since 2002

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Alternative Translites: Turning classic Williams/bally games into bad DE/Sega/Stern dreck since 2002.

Agreed.

Its tasteless crap that look horrible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-alternate-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.