Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-08-04_at_12.17.32_PM_(resized).png
    fix-playfields-stern_(resized).png
    front_(resized).jpg
    back_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

great shirt and great charity.

I love the ability to wear something like this to expo! Hopefully we see lots of them about.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Are you making one for Bally/Williams too? Because you do realize they had the exact same issues...
    #doublestandard?
    (not at all saying that makes it right...just let's not forget many of Stern's issues were shared by all manufacturers in the past)

really? Come on Chris.

I own LOTS of B/W games and very rarely do I have any inserts with even minor ghosting.

Yet, MANY Sterns with issues rapidly out of the box for insert ghosting and major pf issues. These pf issues seem to be way worse in the most recent titles.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

So 3 or 4 Stern titles have been ghosting lately? Anything designed by JPOP would like to have a word with you...in fact I'd say there's pretty close to the exact same number of B/W titles that were notorious for ghosting as there now are for Stern. It should be fixed, but don't fool yourself into thinking Stern is yet again the only "bad" manufacturer.

Yeah, CV is notorious for insert ghosting, but by and large it is a rarity in other B/W games. Aside from that I have had zero issues on the 2 spooky games, no issues with FullT, and no issues with Hobbit.

We are talking about currently available games. Apples to Apples, there is a current trend and it appears to suddenly be much worse with GB. If anything teh trajectory is rapidly increasing for # of bad pfs from Stern. It is a big issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

So all of the ghosting and subsequent chipping on Fish Tales, Getaway HSII, and several others does not count?

pf issues ocassionall happened on B/W games, but they did not happen with this alarming trend or amount.

When they did happen, it seemed B/W actually reacted quickly. There are 2 FT pf verisons (one with insert issues and the other without) 2 BSD pf makers (one with planking and one without). When issues arose they appear to have been addressed and not a multiple game streak of the same issues/getitng worse. Aside from that B/W is a dinosaur and long dead.

We are comparing CURRENT manufacturers.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

were shirts made when JJP mailed out stickers to cover all of their WOZ playfield wear? Or for any other number of recent game issues with light boards, wiring, etc?

no because they spoke with customers/collectors and actually addressed those issues...

They have new pfs and I know a few impacted people that were taken care of.
    Light boards were fixed and new ones sent out along with new fixes on the line.

Keep in mind that a PF and light boards are not even remotely in the same realm for most. I can swap a light board in minutes. A pf swap is gonna take a bit more time.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

God forbid the only remaining manufacturer

Have you been under a rock for the past few years? JJP, Heighway, and Spooky have all delivered and continue to make games.

If anything, Stern should be very thankful that people are helping to hold them accountable now that they have more competition in the market.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I have never seen a perfect fish tales. This title has such problems that there is an insert decal for it. Same with theatre of magic.

after 150 plays? 500 plays?

I remember playing many FT when they came out and they all had fine pfs. It was not till many years on route that inserts started chipping on FT.

My very nice example which was on route from DOB till 2010 was super nice and only minor issues on 4 inserts (due to the heat of too many incandescent bulbs in a small area with high insert to wood ratio).

We again ar talking about brand new games with under 500 plays in personal homes with major insert ghosting and now chipping.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Im not sure that it's irrelevant. I think it establishes what's been acceptable in pinball related defects historically.

no, it doesn't.

the market is much different and pricing structure is now based on a HOME collector market with much higher standards (and rightfully so based on the cost)

Aside from that this level of screw up was NEVER acceptable. I have spoken with a few friends that were route techs back in the day and they all confirmed that they never saw PF issues like GB is having out of the box.

A few of them have stories of games with major mess ups when brand new and they all said the same thing... 1 call to a distributor and a new game was provided as a replacement in a matter of days or at most a week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-your-fixmyplayfield-shirt-for-expo?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.