(Topic ID: 162417)

"Get us a bday gift" they said so I'm rehabbing my first EM - now DELIVERED!

By goingincirclez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Installed_(resized).jpg
Done_(resized).jpg
CardsIn2_(resized).jpg
LatchOut_(resized).jpg
LatchIn_(resized).jpg
Lever_(resized).jpg
InstCard_2_(resized).jpg
20160710_122436_(resized).jpg
20160710_122447_(resized).jpg
20160710_122350_(resized).jpg
20160710_122302_(resized).jpg
InfoCardPostable_(resized).jpg
Inst_Card_2_(resized).jpg
20160709_161415_(resized).jpg
20160709_161354_(resized).jpg
20160702_141218_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

The good news as you have already identified is the playfield and backglass condition are exceptional. Par for the course for this manufacturer.

The bad news is it is a four player EM and has more contacts, in general, to inspect than any other EM pinball out there.

If you want to enjoy seeing your friends to play this game as opposed to work on it go through every single switch and mech on the game.

Inspect each switch and lightly run a point file across every single point.

Inspect every switch for proper wipe and adjust where necessary. There should be very very few switches that will need adjusting.

Look at every single part on the game and inspect it for being complete, set up correct, etc. Look for defects that could inhibit proper game function and correct them.

Do all of the above before you put the game back together and turn it on. Once you've gotten that far start a new thread of issues on the Tech EM group.

The game is worthy of the above suggested effort.

#11 7 years ago

This game sat in a barn for a year. If you want to be sure every contact is clear lightly use a point file.

1 week later
#32 7 years ago

Regarding leg length, you want the lockbar to be close to the same height as your other games. I would have thought that 28.5" williams sys 11 legs would have been the right length. If not then you probably need 31" legs.

As for the contact points, they should not be gold plated. Even if they are, it's not an issue to file through them since it does not impact performance on an EM.

2 weeks later
#52 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Anyway, that piece was only just barely not sliding into play on the first pulse of the step-up solenoid. A second pulse would get it. And of course once it was in place it would stay there for all subsequent players. Bingo: that's why it would only show up between players 1 and 2, and only just that once.

Well done.

1 week later
#57 7 years ago

Well done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-us-a-bday-gift-they-said-what-did-i-get-myself-into-this-time?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.