Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RazerX
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tom-arnold.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I know he is busy running the PHOF , but it would be great to get him to the show. Maybe a quick talk on/about (seminar) the Pinball hall of Fame as I am sure there are others that do not know of it. What has happened, new games to be added stuff like that. I miss his crazy antics of shows past and especially the banquets!! Just a thought.

#2 10 years ago

I thought you said Tom Arnold for a minute. I was thinking, "Who wants Rosanne's old husband at a pinball event?"

nevermind

#3 10 years ago

Agreed. I love his irreverence, and the TOPCAST interview with him was fantastic.

#4 10 years ago

Good idea. I'd show up for that.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

I thought you said Tom Arnold for a minute. I was thinking, "Who wants Rosanne's old husband at a pinball event?"

tom-arnold.jpgtom-arnold.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Hah!

#7 10 years ago

Hilarious

#8 10 years ago

I would go just to see him tell us how it is.

An honest to goodness real living pinball hero in my book.

#9 10 years ago

He was there the first year I went raffling off a Gottlieb Super Soccer.

#10 10 years ago

He used to do the Pinball Expo all the time and did really weird great seminars. He also had a booth there selling The TOP tapes and tshirts from way back. I bought a Fathom tshirt from him like maybe in 2003 when I went to expo. He is a character who has some great stories and lives pinball.

#11 10 years ago

He also used to give away free toast with peanut butter but Mike one year made him quit because the hotel said he didn't have a food license or something like that. He used to have black plastic rats laying around as well. Tim is a true asset to pinball. Last time I was at his home he had something like a thousand games in his warehouse out back.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

He also had a booth there selling The TOP tapes and tshirts from way back.

And pictures of Elvira in a trench coat with rug revealed.

LTG : )

#13 10 years ago

He's seen pretty regularly at a long running show near his home base. That's the only clue I'll offer. No seminars, just hanging with the common folks.

Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

An honest to goodness real living pinball hero in my book.

Hell yes.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And pictures of Elvira in a trench coat with rug revealed.
    LTG : )

I *ordered* 2 of those back in the day. To my suprise they came in pizza boxes--unused of course.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

He was there the first year I went raffling off a Gottlieb Super Soccer.

I recall Tim raffling off a Bally Wizard pinball. I thought what the heck and donated $100.00, and snagged it. I still have the machine....

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

nevermind

Lol! When I first read the thread title I thought he meant the home improvement guy.

1 month later
    #17 10 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I know he is busy running the PHOF , but it would be great to get him to the show. Maybe a quick talk on/about (seminar) the Pinball hall of Fame as I am sure there are others that do not know of it. What has happened, new games to be added stuff like that. I miss his crazy antics of shows past and especially the banquets!! Just a thought.

Keep this post going. We need Tim at the Expo!!!

#18 10 years ago

We need him at the NW Pinball Expo in June.

4 months later
    #19 9 years ago

Bump the post. Get him there!

#20 9 years ago

Now that Tim's charity operation is a self-sustaining success, I don't think he needs or even wants to spend any time around the pinball community at large. He's much happier quietly repairing an EM than interacting with thousands of enthusiastic geeks (which I count myself among). If you want to hear Tim Arnold speak in 2014, your best bet is to dig up some old recordings.

1 month later
    #21 9 years ago

Figure one last post. Still have a bit of time.

5 months later
    #22 9 years ago

You poor soles who idolize Tim Arnold don't realize he could care less about you, and is only interested in making money. Grow up and smell the coffee kids.

Post edited by moderator: You cannot use Pinside just to push some kind of agenda, or to grind an axe with someone. This is not the site for that. First and final warning.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from richardkimbal:

You poor soles who idolize Tim Arnold don't realize he could care less about you, and is only interested in making money. Grow up and smell the coffee kids.

Maybe you could stop posting in every thread you find with a reference to Tim. You obviously have some axe to grind and no evidence to support your idiotic accusations.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

Maybe you could stop posting in every thread you find with a reference to Tim. You obviously have some axe to grind and no evidence to support your idiotic accusations.

Hes PMing me now....

#25 9 years ago

Timmy Raised ALOT of money at expo years ago for his purpose..I have tried to get him back for years..I sorta agree he has deserted the people that helped him most over the years...

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hes PMing me now....

I guess one thread eject wasn't enough for him. His brand spanking new account won't last long at this rate.

#27 9 years ago

Tim has no need for us anymore now that he has his PHOF that he panhandled for years. He's had plenty of time to come back and thank any and all of us who donated over the years, but alas nothing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-tim-arnold-to-the-pinball-expo-2014 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.