Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Brijam
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Applause.gif
    khig (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when hardly anything we used was made in China. I'd like to see it go back to the days when things are made in factories that were paid for and built by the good old USA.

I hated when it happened.....I was manufacturing in NY....business with friends, and families.
    Then I had to move production to Mexico, to stay competitive after NAFTA.
    Ultimately, that wasnt good enough, and everything was then made in China, Malaysia, India....I hated sending funds overseas, instead of here.

But it all started when we found the fastest solution to pollution in our streams...1966....was to pollute others rivers and air.

I dont know if people would be willing to pay the costs?

I paid $1000 for my first stereo, so an iphone would be $2000-$3000 today....LEDs, maybe $3.00?

Would we all pay without complaint?

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Part of the reason Chinese goods are so cheap is due to labor exploitation and almost non-existant environmental regulations. American made products are more expensive due to higher priced labor and heavy regulations. The tariffs allow American products to be more cost competitive, which creates demand and generates more jobs.
    Like others have said, other countries also export cheap products, but they're generally not close to the mass quantity that China exports.

When I started, I was paying $.35 an hour for low skill labor in China, today, its around $.80-$1.20.
    When everything is taken into account, China's labor is 6 to 10 times cheaper than here.
    There is Government help for Equipment and Assets, etc.

Small adjustments we can handle, a trade war with hyperinflation.....is concerning.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-those-leds-ordered-tariff-inbound?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.