(Topic ID: 274699)

Get the LED out!! What Led Zeppelin songs to include on the Stern LZLE

By mrclean

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E646534F-878B-45A0-A470-B704B82DA7EA (resized).jpeg
    rocking_soon (resized).png
    zeppelin_teaser (resized).png
    JP & JB (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

With all the licensing infringements that have been going on with mods,live streaming and the comments that Gary made recently..I highly doubt it’s going to happen.would be nice though.

It could be as simple as Stern having the LZ catalog on a database licensed from the band and each song is for download to the game code for a reasonable cost where the band gets a good portion of the fees.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It could be as simple as Stern having the LZ catalog on a database licensed from the band and each song is for download to the game code for a reasonable cost where the band gets a good portion of the fees.

That would be pretty slick especially if it could be done via wifi without having to dick with sd cards and all of that.

#103 3 years ago

Not alot of Zep 3 representation here. How bout Gallows Pole or better yet Out on the Tiles

#104 3 years ago

I am stoked for this one!

#105 3 years ago

I gotta laugh at all the negative comments already. Great title choice with an excellent song catalog and endless possibilities for game design and layout. If you don’t like Zep and you don’t like Stern DON’T BUY THE GAME. Nobody cares about you’re opinion anyway. Optimism man !!! We need more of it in this world.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flash71:

I gotta laugh at all the negative comments already. Great title choice with an excellent song catalog and endless possibilities for game design and layout. If you don’t like Zep and you don’t like Stern DON’T BUY THE GAME. Nobody cares about you’re opinion anyway. Optimism man !!! We need more of it in this world.

Its all good man just look at the haters collections and it usually tells the story.

#107 3 years ago

What is and What Should Never Be would be excellent for a mode where the shots alternate left to right thanks to the guitar effects. Like Flight Of Icarus on Maiden or Lady Justice on Metallica.

#108 3 years ago

Well I am in agreement with you one all but Rolling Stones. You can't be serious? The Rolling stones songs picked for the Stern pinball were some of their worst tracks. So many 60s and 70s classics they could have picked through. Ugh. Worse. Music. Pin. Ever.

Can't see Stern missing on this one. LZ made 8 albums so their focus is narrowed Hope its more LZ 1,2,3 heavy....

Quoted from Psw757:

Aside from the time limitations on Beatles, Stern has been pretty reliable in securing the songs you want to hear in any of their Rock machines.
    We can always want more but acdc, met, maiden, AS and even the Stones have pretty solid track list.
    I’m going to guess we see minimum of 12 tracks on LZ.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charger68:

Not alot of Zep 3 representation here. How bout Gallows Pole or better yet Out on the Tiles

Gallows Pole would be great on this game!

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well I am in agreement with you one all but Rolling Stones. You can't be serious? The Rolling stones songs picked for the Stern pinball were some of their worst tracks. So many 60s and 70s classics they could have picked through. Ugh. Worse. Music. Pin. Ever.
    Can't see Stern missing on this one. LZ made 8 albums so their focus is narrowed Hope its more LZ 1,2,3 heavy....

All subjective but as a major fan of the Stones I’m somewhat biased.

I did make a couple minor changes with PB to enhance it though!

Underrated game when you figure it out.

#111 3 years ago

Am, I the only Going to California fan? I know it doesn't "rock," but I can certainly play pinball to it.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Am, I the only Going to California fan? I know it doesn't "rock," but I can certainly play pinball to it.

It could make a nice mini-wizard mode.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I love all Zep songs (except Fool in the Rain and All My Love which are complete utter garbage. Damn you Page and the whacked out heroin years).

Some won't be good for pinball but I can deal w/it. I don't think you can get better than Maiden / Kiss / ACDC. They all rock (MET is ok, but they wear on me).

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love all Zep songs (except Fool in the Rain and All My Love which are complete utter garbage. Damn you Page and the whacked out heroin years).
    Some won't be good for pinball but I can deal w/it. I don't think you can get better than Maiden / Kiss / ACDC. They all rock (MET is ok, but they wear on me).

There is a ton of good rockin,beer drinkin, pinball shootin material from LZ, hopefully Stern brings it with a big selection of tracks like JJP did.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

There is a ton of good rockin,beer drinkin, pinball shootin material from LZ, hopefully Stern brings it with a big selection of tracks like JJP did.

I know. I'm afraid they'll go strictly "popular" route.

#116 3 years ago
    E646534F-878B-45A0-A470-B704B82DA7EA (resized).jpegE646534F-878B-45A0-A470-B704B82DA7EA (resized).jpeg
    #117 3 years ago

Need Four Sticks...nice fast song with an extra best in there...perfect for pinball!

#118 3 years ago

The very end of “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” would be perfect outlane drain music.

#119 3 years ago

Going to California (Live Paris France 1/4/71 instrumental) would make for a good attract mode?.. or mini wizard..

#120 3 years ago

The Wanton Song would be excellent
    for multi-ball. Imo.
    It's a Jammer!

And somewhere in the mix I wanna hear:
    " We've done four already but now we're steady.
    And then they went: One, two, three four."

#121 3 years ago

Now I doubt I'd ever consider owning a LZ pin, but if you can't appreciate their music and see this as a killer title then you clearly lack any taste and substance. One of the greatest rock bands to ever grace this earth (as long as you can overlook the odd copyright infringement). It's a rite of passage as an early teen to buy your 1st LZ, Hendrix, Doors album and consume in a haze of purple. If you didn't do that, you've missed out on something truly beautiful. I cam see LZ being a huge hit.

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They wrote “ All of my love “ for Plants son, who passed away at the age of 5

#123 3 years ago

How can you not like Fool in the Rain?

Listen to Bonham’s drums. So good.

#124 3 years ago

Still need to see what drops. But stern really needs to hit this out of the park for the fans. It's LZ for crying out loud.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMpins16:

They wrote “ All of my love “ for Plants son, who passed away at the age of 5

I like the reasons but not the song.

Quoted from bane:

How can you not like Fool in the Rain?
    Listen to Bonham’s drums. So good.

They are, but disliking the song is surprisingly easy.

Page pretty much hates that album. Wanted to make something rocking. It never materialized.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-the-led-out-what-led-zeppelin-songs-to-include-on-the-stern-lzle/page/3?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.