2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by captainBR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EnchantedInfamousHoneycreeper-small[1].gif
    9BCE2707-895A-4DD5-87CC-458E04A4F38A.png
    #1 2 years ago

Why do our Pinside collections show battery status for EMs?
    Can games made before 1977 default to having no battery info on the collection page?
    Not such an important thing, but it would be cool if that could be done.

#2 2 years ago

I believe this just rocketed to the top of the First World Problems list.

#3 2 years ago

LOL..I'm pretty sure I posted it in Pinside's "Feature Requests" forum and not the "First World Problems " forum.
    Face it, any problems we have with pinball machines are first-world problems.
    That said, it's still dumb to show battery dates on pre-1977 games.

#4 2 years ago

I assume it probably negated some extra programming, was just easier to leave in there.

Just havin' some fun.................................

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

Why do our Pinside collections show battery status for EMs?
    Can games made before 1977 default to having no battery info on the collection page?
    Not such an important thing, but it would be cool if that could be done.

It’s literally a checkbox right there, did you take the time to look before you posted this?

9BCE2707-895A-4DD5-87CC-458E04A4F38A.png9BCE2707-895A-4DD5-87CC-458E04A4F38A.png

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s literally a checkbox right there, did you take the time to look before you posed this?

Yes, I took the time to look and I know how the checkbox works.
    They don't have batteries or NVRAM, so why is there even a choice for pre-77 games? It just seems weird that there is a line that gives battery/nvram status under an EM game, even if it says "none".

If the battery data looks fine to you the way it is, then you don't have a problem and have nothing to add to this feature request.
    If you just have a need to randomly correct people, please take it to another thread. Not everyone sees things the same way you do.

#7 2 years ago

I didn't expect people to get bent out of shape over a question about the collection database.
    I am actually more interested to hear what a Pinside staff member has to say about this than engaging in opinion wars.
    This is the Pinside Feature Request thread and I requested a feature.

#8 2 years ago
    EnchantedInfamousHoneycreeper-small[1].gifEnchantedInfamousHoneycreeper-small[1].gif
    1 year later
    #9 1 year ago

Is there a list, anywhere, of machines that DO HAVE batteries in them?
    FWIW, I asked Robin pre-pandemic if there were a way to fix the yearly battery alert, and he said he’d think about it. I’m sure if the programming were easy, it would already be done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-rid-of-battery-dates-for-ems-in-pinside-collections- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.