(Topic ID: 154947)

Get Ready for IJ5... (Now with a Fun Poll!!!)

By beelzeboob

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stones
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which was worse? The fourth IJ movie, or the second IJ pinball machine?”

• The movie. 36 votes
    62%
  • The machine. 22 votes
    38%

(58 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

...let's hope Stern doesn't f**k this one up like IJ4!

Spielberg directing, Harrison Ford is back. There's gotta be another pinball machine to tie in with the 2019 film:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/03/15/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-film/?intcmp=hpbt4

#2 3 years ago

They're going to do a vault edition where they change the right orbit into a shot for the fifth movie. Trust me.

#3 3 years ago

That well (the franchise AND the pinball license) is already dry. We won't be seeing another IJ pinball game.

I don't know if the fans are really excited about giving the movies another chance either. My facebook feed is a brutal hive of villiany and old people jokes. It isn't pretty.

#4 3 years ago

Hell to the Yeah!!!! I know I'm in the minority but I love Stern's IJ4. In fact, I prefer it to the Williams machine. I know I'll be hung from the nearest tree but a great Borg game that's very underrated IMHO. To each their own. Commence with the lynching....

#5 3 years ago

Indiana Jones and the elevated toilet seat
Indiana Jones and the leaky colostomy bag
Indians Jones and the legion of dimentia
Indiana Jones and...

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Hell to the Yeah!!!! I know I'm in the minority but I love Stern's IJ4. In fact, I prefer it to the Williams machine. I know I'll be hung from the nearest tree but a great Borg game that's very underrated IMHO. To each their own. Commence with the lynching....

You are absolutely right!... you're in the minority

#7 3 years ago

Indiana Jones and The Plane That Fell On The Golf Course

#8 3 years ago

Raiders of the Lost BarcoLounger
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Beth Israel Senior Center
Indiana Jones and the Last Home Health Aide
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Candy Bowl...Help Yourself Sonny!

At least I'm trying!

I can't imagine this movie will be any good at all, but if they can keep George Lucas the hell away from it (and i've noticed he isn't mentioned at all in the press release) it may at least have a chance of being a "force awakens" style crowd pleaser.

#9 3 years ago

Good, they can help fix the bad of 4; Shia La`boof.

#10 3 years ago

raiders of the broken hip

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't imagine this movie will be any good at all, but if they can keep George Lucas the hell away from it (and i've noticed he isn't mentioned at all in the press release) it may at least have a chance of being a "force awakens" style crowd pleaser.

So your saying it's going to be a copy of raiders, with just different characters and different locations, but same plot and execution of story?

#12 3 years ago

More like

Quoted from cosmokramer:

raiders of the broken hip

That doesn't even make sense. How do you raid a broken hip?

And Raiders of the Lost Car Keys works so easily...

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good, they can help fix the bad of 4; Shia La`boof.

Shia wasn't impressive but there were a ton of things worse in that movie and one of them was Harrison Ford. He phoned in his performance. The "part time" line makes me laugh and cringe every time.

The best part was the motorcycle chase through the campus at the start of the movie. It felt very much like Indiana Jones.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Shia wasn't impressive but there were a ton of things worse in that movie and one of them was Harrison Ford. He phoned in his performance. The "part time" line makes me laugh and cringe every time.
The best part was the motorcycle chase through the campus at the start of the movie. It felt very much like Indiana Jones.

You know what would be nice?

If they could go 5 minutes in this move without making an "Indiana Jones is old" joke. They were unable to do this in IJ4.

We KNOW Harrison is old. We know the franchise is old. We know the character is old.

Old people exist, it's a fact. Have some faith in your audience - and your script - to not bring more attention to it.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Shia wasn't impressive but there were a ton of things worse in that movie and one of them was Harrison Ford. He phoned in his performance.

Fair point...Shia still annoyed me more...but yeah HF was as wooden as a spoon in that one. Maybe Star Wars gets his energy up a little...although I doubt it.

#16 3 years ago

Worst part of IJ4 movie that made Indy look old and ready for the rest home was the ending. No way Ford put on that suit, looked in the mirror and said " this looks right". The alien line was off too, the Soviet enemy was right for the time line, but they could have tied it to so many other things. I think as mentioned above, bring back the Nazi enemy post war in South America....that's the good story line.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I think as mentioned above, bring back the Nazi enemy post war in South America....that's the good story line.

I don't have to have Nazis for a good Indy storyline. I rewatched the trilogy recently and Temple of Doom is so good. I love how annoying Willy is. I love the opening song number. I love Short Round. I love how dark the story is. Raiders will always be the best but Temple of Doom is so daring and awesome.

The Last Crusade is not as good. It has more forced comedy with Sean Connery and the other old guy. Some of it is good but some of it falls flat. The story moves at a blistering pace which inevitably leads to some big plot holes. You can really feel Spielberg and Lucas starting to lose their edge and worry about maximizing profits like IJ4.

I think they should leave it alone like Back to the Future but Disney wants to see some return on their purchase of Lucasfilm. I really don't see any way they can make it successful with how old Ford is now unless they just stray completely from the formula of the previous films.

#18 3 years ago

Temple of doom is better than most people remember it, but overall it's by far the worst of the first 3. I mean seriously that Dance number, we get it Steve you're cashing big checks now haha.

#19 3 years ago

George Lucas still owes me a vacation day back for IJ4. That movie was horrible. I hope Disney can figure out a way to make one more good Indy film.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Temple of doom is better than most people remember it, but overall it's by far the worst of the first 3. I mean seriously that Dance number, we get it Steve you're cashing big checks now haha.

Are you talking about the opening of the film? If so, disagree 100%. I first 15 minutes are the best part of the film.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't say it's the far worst. Last Crusade barely nudges it for me only because I'm a fan of medieval lore.

#22 3 years ago

So what was worse? The movie, or the machine? Tough call. Let's start a poll!

#23 3 years ago

I said the movie and I've never played the machine. Pinball is pinball. I can play anything but I'll never watch that movie again.

#24 3 years ago

I actually watched it again recently and liked it better than I remembered. But of course, THIS time, I knew that f**king UFO was going to show up at the end and f**k up the whole movie. That made it easier to get through...

I don't even mind IJ4...I love when all those pinballs spill out of the ark. Good stuff. So, for me, it's a tough call. I don't think either suck too bad, and so I--like New York during the voting on the Declaration of Independence--abstain courteously.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

A lost boys pin would be sweet. I'm sure you'd agree. Great profile pic

#26 3 years ago

The Temple of Poon is by far the best movie!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Now that's something I could sink my teeth into. Pun intended. Crrryyyy little sister!!!!! The best.

#28 3 years ago

I dont think the movie and stern pin are that bad . There are definitely many worse pins and movies lol

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Yeah, they could get Corey Haim to do some custom call-outs......oh wait.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How bout the casting of Kate Kapshaw in the female lead. That pissed me off at the time. What happened to Karen Allen? Who the hell is this new annoying chick? Watching the movie years later, you really get a feel of just how bad of an actor she really was. Of course she got the part because she was screwing Spielberg.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The Temple of Poon is by far the best movie!

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Now that's something I could sink my teeth into. Pun intended. Crrryyyy little sister!!!!! The best.

^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How bout the casting of Kate Kapshaw in the female lead. That pissed me off at the time. What happened to Karen Allen? Who the hell is this new annoying chick? Watching the movie years later, you really get a feel of just how bad of an actor she really was. Of course she got the part because she was screwing Spielberg.

I didn't watch them when they came out but I always felt Indy was a little like Bond. Every movie was self contained with a new cast of characters. So I enjoyed that Kate Capshaw wasn't a carbon copy of Karen Allen. I enjoyed their love story (if you can even call it that). It was comedy that worked.

I just remembered the Tarzan scene from IJ4. So, so bad. It came complete with the Tarzan yell.

#33 3 years ago

The pinball machine is really fun IMO. The ark spitting all those balls out at once is awesome. There are far worse Stern games than IJ4.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

The ark spitting all those balls out

I call it 'puking the balls out'

trying to capture them all is quite the feat.

Harrison Ford is a legend, I am stoked they got him for another one.

#35 3 years ago

I love the IJ franchise and I actually enjoyed playing IJ4 too. But Harrison Ford is just too old and its best to remember him when he was in his prime. I hope they don't release another IJ movie for I think it will tarnish the memory that I have about the original trilogy. Sometimes even legends need to retire.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More like

That doesn't even make sense. How do you raid a broken hip?
And Raiders of the Lost Car Keys works so easily...

I like Raiders of the Lost Dentures better...

#37 3 years ago

I enjoy the Stern IJ pinball quite a bit...it's a fun ride, and has some cool tricks.

I think it is about time to re-cast Indiana Jones (like they constantly do with James Bond). I keep hearing Chris Pratt's name being thrown around, but I don't know if he could pull off Indy's grumpy, stern nature.

Who do you guys think would be a perfect "new" Indy? (If anyone says Shia Labouf, I'm gonna barf).

Pete

#38 3 years ago

Raiders V: "I belong in a museum!!"

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If anyone says Shia Labouf, I'm gonna Shia Labarf

I fixed it for you.

#40 3 years ago

Raiders of the......what was I saying?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Most people don't realize this, but Temple of Doom is a prequel to Raiders.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Most people don't realize this, but Temple of Doom is a prequel to Raiders.

I knew it but forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

#43 3 years ago

IJ 5 and the curse of the senior center....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blandon, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murfreesboro, TN
$ 399.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 174.99
Machine - For Sale
Chino Hills, CA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 254.99
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside