• Meow 7 votes
    13%
  • Pinball!!!! 3 votes
    5%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1263850-FEDB-44FB-A763-B8ECE2559448 (resized).jpeg
alien---konami-sf-movie-select-vol2---apc--aliens--p-image-361341-grande (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110417 (resized).jpg
Step7 (2) (resized).jpg
0C55AA8F-6335-4B03-A1E8-2F45C8D7FD78 (resized).jpeg
B9942CA1-A6C8-47EE-B681-52A2BA520F3C (resized).jpeg
D40ADEDE-3631-4401-8FE0-5CED6D31EDD0 (resized).jpeg
CC7F03E3-6872-4EB2-8751-29EB0DAD778D (resized).jpeg
70345457-89F7-4E48-92E1-63A7D58C9E5C (resized).jpeg
709AF03E-F83F-45E5-81B6-5F85255ABCA4 (resized).jpeg
52D04312-0E93-428F-980B-AAFD40A737A4 (resized).jpeg
470D9EA2-E612-4092-832D-635BF6E75265 (resized).jpeg
C607A7CA-2306-4836-A3B0-D38A39D538A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

I'm in.

And I solved the problem of the ball not going in the return lane 100% from the ramp. The ramp exit hole is a teardrop shape. It is so big, the ball comes out at and angle rather than a drop and rattles out sometimes. My fix is gonna sound cheap and stupid, but it has worked 100%. I cut some thick black cardboard from my gopro box and used black electrical tape to tape it to the underside of the ramp. It is just enough to cover the 'tear' part of The hole, making it smaller. The ball now drops into the lane perfectly every time.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats awsome, thanks, post a pic if you have a chance just to eyeball the size.

Here's the best I could get.

IMG_2326 (resized).JPGIMG_2326 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

Here are the tweaks I did on my very early production Alien: (re-posting from official thread)

1) Playfield LCD - You MUST make sure the LCD is level in the playfield, as you risk playfield chipping on that edge if it is not. The issue I had was despite making the adjustment (just four screws holding the LCD), it would not hold it's position. After 20 or so plays, I'd lift the playfield, and one of the LCD mounting screws would have fallen out into the bottom of the cabinet. The easy fix was to use small lock-washers between the playfield and the LCD mounting bracket. My LCD has been level and stable since.

2) Pops and slings - As with any new machine, you will want to gap the leaf switches for the pops and slings.

3) Airlock scoop - This is a very important shot in the game, as it starts all of the modes. Mine was firing SDTM more than 50% of the time - not fun. There are several ways to adjust a scoop. I loosened the mounting screws and tried to 'twist' slightly - but there really wasn't much room to adjust, so I went overkill - removed the mech and used a drill to slightly enlarge the mounting holes. That gave it enough play to adjust the trajectory of the ball.

4) Shooter lane ball kickout - About 10% of the time, my game had some trouble getting the ball into the shooter lane. I found that the lane protector (mounted on the shooter lane with two screws) was slightly overhanging the ball trough launch. I didn't want to try re-mounting it farther back fearing I could mess up the shooter lane. Instead, I removed the protector and tested that indeed it was the issue. I then took a dremel and ground it down just a bit to remove the little bit that was overhanging. Re-mounted it, and haven't had an issue since.

5) Upper rt flipper - was not returning to rest position 100%. I installed a slightly stronger spring - fixed.

6) Playfield switches - My top rollover lanes were not registering. This was because one of the PCP's was not mounted completely flush to the playfield. The proximity switches that are under the playfield need to be completely inside their mounting holes. Tightened everything up - easy fix.

7) Ramp feeds to inlanes - I made a tweak to almost completely eliminate the frustrating 'ball hopping out' when it should feed cleanly from the ramp to the in-lane. The ramp exit hole is a teardrop shape. It is so big, the ball comes out at and angle rather than a drop and rattles out sometimes. My fix is gonna sound cheap and stupid, but it has worked 100%. I cut some thick black cardboard from my gopro box and used black electrical tape to tape it to the underside of the ramp. It is just enough to cover the 'tear' part of The hole, making it smaller.

8 ) Leveled the machine. Yep - that helps.

9) Mylar around the airlock scoop

10) Xeno mech - currently disabled...waiting on new Xeno mech/board.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have a photo of this? Id like to see
great write up BTW!

Thanks. Here's a few pics from my shooter lane fix.

IMG_3353 (resized).JPGIMG_3353 (resized).JPG
IMG_3354 (resized).JPGIMG_3354 (resized).JPG
IMG_3356 (resized).JPGIMG_3356 (resized).JPG
IMG_3357 (resized).JPGIMG_3357 (resized).JPG
IMG_3360 (resized).JPGIMG_3360 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#109 6 years ago

Email sent!

1 week later
#115 6 years ago

I got mine as well. Cliffy rocks! ...holding off on the install until I have an answer on my service issue.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Here's a pictorial of a cliffy airlock install.

Thanks for taking the time to document that.

7 months later
#229 5 years ago

Mine is holding up great! ...had a party on the 4th and it got played a lot.

1 week later
#273 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

nice, but I would have extended the "cliffy style" metal piece to use existing holes instead of adding more to the playfield.

Huh? I didn't drill any new holes. I removed the lane protector and used a dremel to cut it back a bit, and then re-installed it right back where it was originally.

#278 5 years ago

I've always wondered about one of the tilt warnings. The "uh uh uhhhh" sounds like it came from Jurassic Park - like the warning received when they try to mess with the guys PC after he races away with the embryos.

#295 5 years ago

Speaking of mods, I've always hated how the ball launches right into that dead-end, then dribbles back to the right in-lane. Why not launch it up into the pops?

HMmmmm.... So I just purchased an old wireform ramp that will hopefully work. Basically, I'm going to cut off the dead-end, and mount an extension ramp so the ball will launch directly into the pops. ...curious why it wasn't designed that way in the first place - seems it would make for a much cleaner launch.

Of course, the proof is in the pudding as they say - so I'll report back if I can get it working.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

trying to launch a ball up such a long wireform may result in failed kicks falling back to the shooter lane... and you'll probably nix any chance at a skill shot... but of course feel free to try it

Good point about the skill shot - I hadn't considered that. The thing is, I'm getting plenty of failed kickbacks now, as maybe 5 or 10% of the time the ball bounces off the dead-end and falls back to the shooter. I thought it would be smoother to remove that obstacle and let it flow up the right loop. Of course, it will only be an improvement if I can get it working 100%. I also figured it might help during multi-ball because sometimes things get all clustered up down near the flippers. ...those darn Pinball Amigo's got me thinking I can just add ramps wherever I want.

Of course, I don't plan to do anything permanent or something that can't be put back to original. ...but it's an itch I gotta scratch now.

#311 5 years ago

Gosh, I hope everything boots up and works 100% right out of the box for you.

Experience tells me that may not happen.

It's gonna be ok.

We're here to help.

I've had a years worth of experience with this amazing pinball machine - from pre-prod to production machines - as have a few lucky other folks. Congrats on getting one. I'm willing to put $$ on a happy experience here...

Yes, I'm drinking on a weeknight again... blame the wife...

I think Alien is a top 10 pin. Legit.

#314 5 years ago

Oh boy!!

#316 5 years ago

Seriously wish I could help. Only a few hours apart.

Cheers to your NIB Alien unboxing!!

#317 5 years ago

What's in the box?!?!?!?

#325 5 years ago

Yikes! I'd try to loosen that big PCP before drilling a hole in it. I was able to unscrew enough of the mounting screws to be able to swap some LED's on that big board.

#327 5 years ago

Heheh, I like a good party as much as anyone ...paying for it this this morning to be honest. But if you screw up that big PCB, your game is toast, as the chances of finding another are pretty slim. That would be a party pooper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.