• Meow 7 votes
    13%
  • Pinball!!!! 3 votes
    5%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1263850-FEDB-44FB-A763-B8ECE2559448 (resized).jpeg
alien---konami-sf-movie-select-vol2---apc--aliens--p-image-361341-grande (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110417 (resized).jpg
Step7 (2) (resized).jpg
0C55AA8F-6335-4B03-A1E8-2F45C8D7FD78 (resized).jpeg
B9942CA1-A6C8-47EE-B681-52A2BA520F3C (resized).jpeg
D40ADEDE-3631-4401-8FE0-5CED6D31EDD0 (resized).jpeg
CC7F03E3-6872-4EB2-8751-29EB0DAD778D (resized).jpeg
70345457-89F7-4E48-92E1-63A7D58C9E5C (resized).jpeg
709AF03E-F83F-45E5-81B6-5F85255ABCA4 (resized).jpeg
52D04312-0E93-428F-980B-AAFD40A737A4 (resized).jpeg
470D9EA2-E612-4092-832D-635BF6E75265 (resized).jpeg
C607A7CA-2306-4836-A3B0-D38A39D538A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

OK DIY Beacons - coming soon!
The ones used from the factory are these: order 12v in the colour of your choice (I could see all looking sweet, I ordered yellow, but was actually really tempted by green...)
ebay.com link
Youll also need some molex pins so you can pop in in the wireing harness and disconnect when you take the head off, I bought these since they have a connector also in case I ordered the wrong size but it appears to be .063
ebay.com link
I also ordered some LED lamps for the beacons, I didnt have any 'tower' style ones in the tickle trunk
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdg18tower.htm
Youll also need two rubber grommets for the holes in the metal for the wire, some heat shrink and some wire and solder. Also a can of black spray paint in your choice of gloss.
I'll post some install pics in a month or so once everything arrives (parts come from china and usually take 2-6weeks) The only other part we may need is a power relay but I doubt it - I have to check the max current for the transistor used, the beacons should draw 1.6A each/3.2A total.

Giving this idea some more thought, I'm probably going to go with just one beacon. I think I'm going to tie it in to the airlock scoop. My game room is full of other light sources and I'm afraid the beacon running full time will be too much. Watching game play videos, the ball spends plenty of time in the scoop for 5-10 seconds at a time. Tied to the scoop the beacon would light up to coincide with the alert tone and MU/TH/UR's callouts. Since the game lacks flashers a somewhat interactive beacon light could be a cool addition.

On a different note, I have it in my mind to design a topper that looks like a P-5000 loader. I envision a single beacon on top with a little PVC pipe painted yellow to simulate the top of the protective cage. Maybe a graphic or something that extends down the sides of the backbox, which are bare an unadorned as shipped. Just thinking...

20170525_235006 (resized).jpg20170525_235006 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#31 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Ok so beacon V1
Low profile, I ordered these ones because they are smaller and would look better (once installed) than the tall ones, they strobe off and on in approx 1s intervals look nice.
(not installed but just testing the look for anyone interested)

Also hooked a sub up to the game - awesome, highly recommended!

Very cool! Can you tell us what voltage is used for the beacons? Did you use an existing wire designed for the beacons or did you have to tap in somewhere?

1 month later
#38 6 years ago

How'd you figure out which pins? Lucky guess, trial and error? Were the holes on top pre-stamped but not drilled yet? Looks awesome and the taller ones look the best! Thx!

#39 6 years ago

Curious too, with how you have them wired how frequently do the beacons come on during game play? Lots, little, every game, some games? Thx?

2 weeks later
#43 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

On Power up then cycle for a while
On Attract the cycle when going through the videos on the first part
On Loader Battle
Haven't hit the all out war or self destruct in a while I'll have to watch for it
I read somewhere else they are coding for them to come on more.
They really aren't overwhelming and are not over done.

Awesome, Thanks! Still patiently waiting for mine...

Quoted from budroosker:

They are not pre-drilled or pre-stamped. However, he did such a good job it looks like it! Mine looks like garbage, but it's under the beacons so who cares.
I just wrote on the three screws which hang out of the bottom of the beacon with a sharpie and pressed down a piece of paper. This makes a nice template to use for drilling. You are going to need a cobalt bit as that metal is solid stuff.

Awesome, thanks for the template tip!

1 week later
#49 6 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

FYI,
A nameless benefactor has shown me the way in regards to upgrading the audio without going full power subwoofer -> LP-168HA.
Huge difference. I also changed out the speaker on his guidance.

Oh, I'd like to know more. Is this a drop-in replacement for whatever ships with the pin? Sound like it has a single speaker? Are you planning to ad any sub? Post some pics as you make progress
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable?tu=sed6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.