• Meow 7 votes
    13%
  • Pinball!!!! 3 votes
    5%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1263850-FEDB-44FB-A763-B8ECE2559448 (resized).jpeg
alien---konami-sf-movie-select-vol2---apc--aliens--p-image-361341-grande (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110417 (resized).jpg
Step7 (2) (resized).jpg
0C55AA8F-6335-4B03-A1E8-2F45C8D7FD78 (resized).jpeg
B9942CA1-A6C8-47EE-B681-52A2BA520F3C (resized).jpeg
D40ADEDE-3631-4401-8FE0-5CED6D31EDD0 (resized).jpeg
CC7F03E3-6872-4EB2-8751-29EB0DAD778D (resized).jpeg
70345457-89F7-4E48-92E1-63A7D58C9E5C (resized).jpeg
709AF03E-F83F-45E5-81B6-5F85255ABCA4 (resized).jpeg
52D04312-0E93-428F-980B-AAFD40A737A4 (resized).jpeg
470D9EA2-E612-4092-832D-635BF6E75265 (resized).jpeg
C607A7CA-2306-4836-A3B0-D38A39D538A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Some machines appear to be making their way to a few Pinsiders soon. Might as well bump the owners thread to see if it will start to see more action than the speculation thread. As for gameplay, I'm finally getting the timing down for the upper ramp shot. I just hit it three times in a round and started a "revive crew members" mode.

so you can continuously hit a shot from the upper ramp shot (endless loop if you don't miss?) I must have missed that...

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

To follow this up with some install pics to help guys out you can see where I drilled, routed the wire and then attached to the molex connector.

so did you just take the purple wires from the beacons and plug them into the harness that is already in use (it's the one you plug in when you setup the game - has the LED STRIPS in it too? And was that it (besides spray paint the bottoms black)?

I read your earlier posts and you include things like molex and a power adaptor. Did you still use those? Maybe take a pic of how you hooked it up. thanks!

2 weeks later
#69 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yes basically - the wire included with the beacons is too short, you have to swap it it longer wire - but yes you need the molex pins, twist one wire from each beacon together crimp the molex pin on and insert it into the harness in the positions shown.
Yes you have to paint the base, and yes you have to replace the screws in the base as mentioned since the ones included are too short.

Oh ok - you need to put the wires into the molex first an then molex into harness....can you not just put the wires directly into the harness? I guess not. As for the longer wire, you need to solder that to the short wire it comes with. What wire did you buy as the extender? Also - i didn't buy molex yet so is there a place in US that can ship quickly as opposed to going with ebay? I know you mentioned you were unsure if the molex would fit so what is the final one I should buy?

Finally what piece/bit do I need to drill through the head properly? I do have a drill so good there.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Just curious since the DIY beacons seem to have turned out so well, has anyone tried to underlight their own inside cab blade art? I seem to recall seeing someone mention that it might be possible.

I said that b/c I can see how they installed (sides unscrew, lay LED behind then the wire goes in the groove already there on my standard). i was asking where do the ends of the LED strips plug into and that's where it stopped. Never heard from anyone.

1 week later
#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I also swapped out the key lock on the front of mine...did it with all my games and highly recommend it.

I like that. Info on what I need?

#98 6 years ago

I checked mine and although it's not as pronounced there is a little mark. Never noticed that. My wireform right at the apex does touch the glass but the wireform itself is not damaged. The glass does have a little spot (on the underside of the glass not the side to the player).

#103 6 years ago

anyone see an outlet inside the cab that I can connect a plug into for power (like in the older pinball machines)?

#105 6 years ago

interesting find.

So I attempted to put LED strips behind the inside art and although it worked, it just didn't look good. You can see the individual LEDs too much. Reverse way you can see the strip too much.

For the guys that have their inside lights illuminated - what is the light source behind it? I was thinking LED strips but maybe not. Maybe someone more creative than me can figure it out but the side art comes out super easy....

1 week later
#113 6 years ago

So my cliffy came in for the airlock. Anyone know how to install this?

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Should be relatively straight forward? I'll let you know tomorrow when mine gets here.

Magnet was simple but the protector usually has 3m tape on it. None on this one. Thought I could slide it in but wasn't clear enough so decided to hold off and ask. I've asked him as well - will let you know. Magnet is all set.

#118 6 years ago

that is incredibly helpful - thanks! Just one question - did you just use a flat head to get these off (see pic - I put a yellow arrow) or did you need to remove from underneath the table? If the later, what did you use to do that?

Thanks!

291134bb3cb157cc18d391fad9e8eb903b137db9 (resized).jpg291134bb3cb157cc18d391fad9e8eb903b137db9 (resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

That's a standard 1/4" like lots of Williams playfield screws, I have a socket with a magnet in the head to assist insert and extraction. I wouldn't use a flat head screwdriver, you're bound to slip off and put a mark on the playfield.
Something like these: amazon.com link »

sounds good - seems like everything can be done top side vs needing to unscrew something from underneath the table right? Again thanks for posting

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Correct. pretty straightforward, A couple of the posts came out with the plastic and one of the nuts next to the ramp is kinda tight.. not very tricky on the scale of pinball mods going from not very tricky to very tricky.

Worked out well and very straight forward. Cliffy responded and said you might need to unscrew from below playfield hence my question to you. Thankfully you put these pics up and made my life alot easier! Ball goes in and ejects really well with the cliffy too. Sometimes they cause trouble like my ghostbusters or even dialed in.... But this was super smooth. Black carbon magnet protector looks really cool too on this game

20171127_203433 (resized).jpg20171127_203433 (resized).jpg

#128 6 years ago

Hopefully this helps! Sorry forgot to take sooner

20171128_194928 (resized).jpg20171128_194928 (resized).jpg

20171128_194917 (resized).jpg20171128_194917 (resized).jpg

20171128_194857 (resized).jpg20171128_194857 (resized).jpg

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Thanks delt. That helped.
It looks like your pops are installed backwards also. I had this conversation with Helmut at HP as the wires from 2 of my pops were stretched tight. I was afraid that, over time, they might come loose somewhere as a result of the tension. He told me that the lugs on all of the pop bumpers should face left.

OK - so the bottom too you think should be reversed (facing left)? I'm hesitant to touch anything b/c the pops are so good and work so well. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary with tension either but appreciate the note.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Okay I don't know if anybody has had this problem but I just played a bunch of games on alien and the last two games at the start of Ambush Multiball, all the flippers went completely dead. So the machine just kept pumping out balls. I shut down the game the first time and than played again. Same thing happened the second time.
This happen to anybody?
One other thing, I had the pinball machine on for about 5 hours. So I'm wondering if it was too much power needed during the multi. I have no idea.such a bummer, I had two really good games going too.

I have not. Bummer. How long did you need to turn off the machine before it stopped happening?

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks Ferret! I checked the usb on the I/O Board. The flippers work now! Bam!!
You're a lifesaver. I'm so excited.
Now I can go for All Out War.
I started newts war twice tonight. Hyperspace is the one that's getting me now.
Quick question: can you turn up the volume on the knocker. I can barely hear it.

wow ferret is such a beast. Talk about knowing his stuff.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How difficult is it with the machine actually infront of you? Very curious if perhaps it’s just harder to locate it in the YouTube videos.

It's challenging that way. Def no need to change. It's probably harder on YouTube.

#170 6 years ago

I haven’t encountered your second issue although I would suggest checking the level of your machine to make sure it’s not too low (raise the back legs) – this could help ball projection. You can also check the direction of the scoop ejector to see if you can tweak it so the ball lands in a diff spot on your flipper.

As for your first issue, I was experiencing that too. I believe in the first page of this thread a user documented a fix to address the issue (requires some black tape, etc) and I’ve done the same on mine. Happy to report it cut down the left side entirely and the right happens very few and far b/w. You can’t see the tape either.

My other big problem was the ball getting caught in the crack within the right ramp shot and I put some mylar over that area and it no longer happens.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Same ones that Highway includes with the LE's ($15 each on eBay).

These are the ones we all bought. Work great.

I'm still waiting on someone providing more info on how they do those EL blades. I wasn't able to get them on mine. If anyone can explain how they work, I'm thinking of installing them myself as the side art unscrews out easily and the cabinet I have is already drilled for the wire to go through. Just need more details.....VividPsychosis maybe you can post when you get yours....I forget of the owners that have one now who has these installed

1 week later
#191 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

I also mounted my beacons by using magnets. I wasn't too excited about drilling a bunch of holes in my backbox. It worked out really well. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't mounted their beacons yet. You only have to drill 2 holes instead of 8. If anyone's interested I'll post some photos.

Yep I had a similar concern and used Black Velcro.... Magnets sound good too. Beacons are great!

#203 6 years ago

I bought this as well - worked perfect!

so my bottom right sling, inlane and outlane lights are working but they don't follow the rgb like the others. They do change color but appear to be on their own schedule! I checked for loose wires - nothing obvious. Any thoughts?

3 weeks later
#207 6 years ago

Anyone know if you can buy the socket LEDs they use under the PF anywhere or are they proprietary to HP? Same with the under PF switches....

4 months later
#214 5 years ago

Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed ABS 12VDC-220VAC LTE-1101

Good luck! They're imperative along with the lit side blades IMO

#218 5 years ago

Guys check post #14 in this thread for all the info.

As the siren turns eventually the gears grind and make a noise. That red and tacky is a great lubricant and fixed it. I recall applying every month or so. It's not necessary to do all the time.

Good luck. Again sirens were such a must imo.

1 month later
#244 5 years ago

pinstadiums are great - not on alien though. Speaking of - what are you doing with two of these? What is your play there?

1 week later
#335 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Code is 1.2. How do I do io boards?

Check the main alien thread. I believe a few users experienced this and I believe help was offered there too. Fyi.

1 month later
#363 5 years ago

Alien owners - I'm thinking about getting back in. Put up a super nice IJ if interested. FYI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.