• Meow 7 votes
    13%
  • Pinball!!!! 3 votes
    5%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1263850-FEDB-44FB-A763-B8ECE2559448 (resized).jpeg
alien---konami-sf-movie-select-vol2---apc--aliens--p-image-361341-grande (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110417 (resized).jpg
Step7 (2) (resized).jpg
0C55AA8F-6335-4B03-A1E8-2F45C8D7FD78 (resized).jpeg
B9942CA1-A6C8-47EE-B681-52A2BA520F3C (resized).jpeg
D40ADEDE-3631-4401-8FE0-5CED6D31EDD0 (resized).jpeg
CC7F03E3-6872-4EB2-8751-29EB0DAD778D (resized).jpeg
70345457-89F7-4E48-92E1-63A7D58C9E5C (resized).jpeg
709AF03E-F83F-45E5-81B6-5F85255ABCA4 (resized).jpeg
52D04312-0E93-428F-980B-AAFD40A737A4 (resized).jpeg
470D9EA2-E612-4092-832D-635BF6E75265 (resized).jpeg
C607A7CA-2306-4836-A3B0-D38A39D538A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

astropin delt31 would you mind sharing what you searched on to find those beacons on eBay? Can't seem to find them.

Ditto here. I am adding them to mine too

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed ABS 12VDC-220VAC LTE-1101
Good luck! They're imperative along with the lit side blades IMO

ebay.com link: 4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed ABS 10W 12VDC 220VAC

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Thanks! Assume we want the 110VAC?

Waiting for vac answer so I can order 2

What was mentioned earlier that was noisy and needed red n' tacky? The siren mech is noisy?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How did everyone get their Alien here? Was it on the secondary market? I had a preorder in and got nothing.

i ordered mine last week from a distributor. they had 3 returns. they have 1 left. I paid MSRP plus shipping. arriving late next week

1 month later
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Heres how I did mine, reminded me of honda red racebikes

would love to do my alien in the green. but looks like a lot of work to remove glass and ship that large section in a box

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Awesome can’t wait!! Definitely doing becons also. Probably pinstadium as well

may get mine power coated green. how hard to remove the glass from frame. Then remove anything else before shipping

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...so I put PDI in mine (looks amazing on this game btw)...a couple things learned:
The glass magazine comes off easy but is heavy. The factory glass is THICKER than standard (didn't put a mic on it,but a good thing to know going in)
Glass itself is secured w (4x) metal pieces of flat stock, screwed into standoffs that are welded to magazine. Sandwiched in between the metal stock and magazine is in essence rubber weatherstripping, which keeps the glass snug. Standard thickness glass will be held firmly, btw.
HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART- Those standoffs are metal and in essence, the glass could potentially hit one of them if jarred and Kapow...shattered glass. You will recall a few of the cobbled together first runs came w shattered glass...this is why.
The machines come now ( at least mine) with (4x) rubber "spacers" which go in between the top and bottom standoffs. 4 posts on each of those sides, so they used it on every other one. THERE ARE NO SUCH SPACERS ON THE SIDES!!! I ended up putting rubber spacers on the side standoffs as well, to insure if the game did get a hard side hit, the glass wouldn't shatter. I highly recommend doing this for peace of mind.
I suspect you could get some exact size rubber tubing (possibly 1/4"ID) and cut them to fit, for a nice clean fit. I didn't have any on hand, but did have 1/4" rubber weatherstrip which I cut in about 2" lengths and fit fine. That is what they provided, in essence.
Everything is nice and solid, and will say that it's great to be able to pull the magazine off, set it aside (quite strong), work on game, then put it back without ever touching the glass (I always seem to find a way to smudge the inside of the glass, and don't catch it until I've reinstalled.)
Just be careful, and have a nice flat surface to set the magazine on....pull the glass...and off to powder (mine is already green, so leaving it alone). Good luck....

wow. thx for the detailed instructions

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No biggie....just wanted to provide a heads up before you took it apart....scared me when I first saw the config....

yeah. i’m not home for a few days but i remember seeing something every few inches and thought there were like 35 screws

#261 5 years ago

Is there an official green color for the LE Trim? thought it looked close to the AFM LE green trim. that main glass frame is pretty big to go in a powder coating oven so hoping i can get it done.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Those greens are spot on, and the magazine is textured so should come out fine. Doubt we'll ever get the exact # manufacturer of the color as there is so little documentation.
I'll take a pic of my AFMR LE lockbar on top of the magazine tonight if it helps...
My powder guy ( and most of the true pros) have ovens you can walk in, so no worries...shopping carts are big business).

so the greens are same? may ask you for his info

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Taking the glass out isn't bad, lots of screws is all, just remember to go buy some new weather stripping before you get it back homedepot carries the same stuff they used.
For colour my guess would be one of these (too bad prismatic doesnt do free swatches any more):
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PRB-6841/lime-peel
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PRB-6594/sweet-pea-river
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PRB-4022/neon-green-river#

thx. which weatherstripping? the long rolls?

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A pic for your discernment...
Natural white led overhead...the AFMRLE appears to have a slightly darker green, but not much, than Alien....sheen irrelevant as Alien is textured...hope this helps....( I'm not a color expert by any stretch, btw...

thx. tough call. the afm color would look great

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pinbits sells it in strips, so you can cut it to size (square in this case). Pretty cheap, and is magic for many areas where the ball bounces out of various areas (Doc Ock in Spidey comes to mind)
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131
drats...looks like it's sold out at the moment...bought a few strips awhile back, and is perfect for Alien wireform launch end

where on alien?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.