• Crew expendable 2 votes
    4%
  • Meow 6 votes
    12%
  • Pinball!!!! 2 votes
    4%

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Step7 (2) (resized).jpg
0C55AA8F-6335-4B03-A1E8-2F45C8D7FD78 (resized).jpeg
B9942CA1-A6C8-47EE-B681-52A2BA520F3C (resized).jpeg
D40ADEDE-3631-4401-8FE0-5CED6D31EDD0 (resized).jpeg
CC7F03E3-6872-4EB2-8751-29EB0DAD778D (resized).jpeg
70345457-89F7-4E48-92E1-63A7D58C9E5C (resized).jpeg
709AF03E-F83F-45E5-81B6-5F85255ABCA4 (resized).jpeg
52D04312-0E93-428F-980B-AAFD40A737A4 (resized).jpeg
470D9EA2-E612-4092-832D-635BF6E75265 (resized).jpeg
C607A7CA-2306-4836-A3B0-D38A39D538A3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpg
IMG_0168 (resized).jpg
IMG_0188 (resized).jpg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpg
IMG_0189 (resized).jpg
IMG_0164 (resized).jpg

There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 11 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

ferret any plan for a super mega ultra probably only seen through glass off play or pro pinheads Wizard mode for total completion? More importantly, any time frame for that lovely code update I gotta show off your work to my friends come next weekend or the one after that, hah.

Yes, it's called All Out War, with a higher score.

#152 11 months ago

It's not like all out war is easy to get to.

#153 11 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's not like all out war is easy to get to.

This way is better for replay anyway. If there was a Wizard mode ONLY available if you finished every mode, then you either get this super wizard or you don't... And the scores will be somewhat similar (kind of like with a AFM where you get the Conquer the universe). It then becomes a binary game. With the current All out War, you can get to the wizard mode and still want to go back to get a better score, by completing more modes and setting up a "stronger" wizard mode.

#154 11 months ago

Hey guys, if I wanted to switch out my SS legs for black ones, which brand legs would fit the best? Stern, b/w? Just don’t wanna order ones that won’t work well.

#155 11 months ago

Hey guys, if I wanted to switch out my SS legs for black ones, which brand legs would fit the best? Stern, b/w? Just don’t wanna order ones that won’t work well.

It looks to me that b/w legs would be the proper fit.

#156 11 months ago

Curious what peoples feelings are on finding Jonesy mode. More specifically, do you think the orange light that flashes needs to stay lit indefinitely until it moves? If not, perhaps stay lit for a longer period of time than the half second it does currently? Or is it fine the way it is? I ask, because after watching every video of this game, even when I am not having to manage the Flippers or control the active ball, I still struggle to locate it from time to time.

#157 11 months ago

No one should buy this game until they issue refunds to all of us who have paid. It's Jpop and Kevin 2.0

#158 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

No one should buy this game until they issue refunds to all of us who have paid. It's Jpop and Kevin 2.0

They have already released a statement regarding this. All refunds and games preordered will be carefully shipped and processed along with new games over the next 5 months. They expect to have everyone whole by end of q1 2018. No new investors could simply build the old games while not also taking in new money for new orders. They explained their plan in detail in the message I added below....

“Letter From the new team at HWP:
Hi

We are writing to update you as you committed to buy a pinball machine from Heighway Pinball, before we took over management of the company from Andrew Heighway in early June. There has also been much speculation on the various Pinball forums, and from some journalists, about what is going on at the company so we wanted to tell your directly as you have a vested interest in our company!
Nearly 6 months ago, we took over a business with a not quite finished Alien machine, an empty bank account, many refund requests, paid for and deposit down orders, supplier and other bills and hardly any parts at the factory with which to make machines.

We had hoped that more of you would have had their machines by now but due to technical delays, unforeseen bills and more refund requests than anticipated, to mention some, it is taking a little longer than we planned. We think that the extra time we are spending on quality control is paying off. The feedback we are now receiving on the Alien is good from customers. There are still improvements to be made but we are working on these every day.

We know that it has been frustrating sitting on the outside not knowing what is happening, but it has been just as frustrating for us, due to all the unknowns and uncertainties that have emerged since June. If we say something one week, we might have to change it the next week due to new developments. The difficult aspect for us is, as proven, whenever we have said anything it has been twisted and turned on social media and some of it has spun out of control. That is why we have decided to limit information from our side on these forums and keep our focus on getting the product out of the door at the right quality. We also see that many of the social media comments are honest reactions and comments, but some seem to be posted to pour gasoline on the fire, even from people that we do not have on our order book. We hope you can understand our choice of ”silence” in this matter. Factory updates will be posted on our Facebook page. We promise to be in direct contact with all of our pre-order customers with good news and bad and, as soon as we have the planned production week for your machine, we will tell you. We hope to have delivered the machines to all of you by late Q1 2018, but please don’t kill us if it takes a little longer. Unforeseen challenges surface every week and we solve them and keep moving forward.

All of the investors, that have now stepped in, were in the same situation as all of you until June, with ”lost money” on anything from a pre-order deposit payment to mulitple fully paid for machines. Just to make it clear, none of us have received any machines yet either and we have put all of our old "money down" orders at the back of the production queue. We will not get any machines we paid for before June until you have yours.

It was a big decision for us to step in and a very significant financial and time commitment. We believe that the prospects for those that ordered machines is much, much better now than they were in May.

We have made real progress and are now shipping the re-vamped SE machine, with much improved code and are working on further improvements. As we posted on our Facebook page, the next run of machines to be shipped will include both SEs and LEs and we know most of you have pre-ordered LE machines. We have paid many refunds dating from the pre-June period and we have also made amends to some who received pinball machines from Andrew Heighway.

In order to maximise production of machines for our Distributors and for you, we have adopted a clear strategy and cashflow plan that prioritises production of machines over all aspects of the business. In this regard, we have a production/ cashflow schedule that deliberately spreads the shipping of pre-ordered machines and remaining refunds from the previous CEO's time over a number of months. Similarly on the fixes for the machines shipped in the first months of this year. You will get your machines but we will not ship them all together. We have to do it this way if we are to continue to turn this business around, having decided to save it in June. We have your orders and plan to ship to you all. Some of your orders date back to 2014!

On the LEs, there are two coming pieces of news. Firstly, the 3 trims of the LE are currently being made up. Once we have them back at the factory, we will show you pictures of the production choices you have; Black, Blue and Green. In addition, we have negotiated with Roman Glass the option to supply their Roman/ PDI glass on our machines. This add on is offered at $250/ £195/ €220 once Roman's first pallet arrives at the factory during December.
The technical aspects and the support for the games is one of our primary focuses. At this moment in time we do not have a complete technical manual for the machines but this is currently in development as an online resource. The support structure for customers is also going through a transition as we hope to help in any way possible with any issues that may arise with the machine. This is a process and we are improving our procedures every dayto get the best possible online reasources.

We are hard at work here and wholy committed to getting machines to you all as soon as we can. This has been a difficult situation for all parties involved but we are getting through these difficulties together. Fundamentally we are all passionate about pinball and want to see the expansion of this great hobby. Alien is the first step to this and with the commitment from all of us here at Heighway Pinball we will make this expansion a reality.

We hope that this update is helpful.
The Management”

There is a lesson here that should be learned by all of the Pinball community, just like it has been in the video gaming industry.... which is.... STOP PREORDERING. Everyone in this forum topic that preordered is extremely lucky to be getting a game at all. Andrew went bust and therefore al your money and games went with it. You all should be extremely grateful that new investors came in to save the day otherwise none of you would have gotten anything. attempting to hurt the new investors by boycotting them would only be helping to secure a self fulfilling prophecy and possible cause for you to never get a refund or a game, whereas right now you will all be made whole in approx 6 months. /endrant.

Can we go back to talking about the game? If you wanna bitch about this there is an entire official thread for it...

#159 11 months ago

Curious what peoples feelings are on finding Jonesy mode. More specifically, do you think the orange light that flashes needs to stay lit indefinitely until it moves? If not, perhaps stay lit for a longer period of time than the half second it does currently? Or is it fine the way it is? I ask, because after watching every video of this game, even when I am not having to manage the Flippers or control the active ball, I still struggle to locate it from time to time.

Forces you to take your eye off the ball and watch for the shot.. i'm cool with it.

#160 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Forces you to take your eye off the ball and watch for the shot.. i'm cool with it.

How difficult is it with the machine actually infront of you? Very curious if perhaps it’s just harder to locate it in the YouTube videos.

#161 11 months ago

How difficult is it with the machine actually infront of you? Very curious if perhaps it’s just harder to locate it in the YouTube videos.

It's challenging that way. Def no need to change. It's probably harder on YouTube.

#162 11 months ago

Thanks delt31! Cannot wait till Friday.

#163 11 months ago

I've completed "find Jonesy" four times already...so it's fine the way it is. In fact I love it the way it is.

#164 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yes they should refund money to everyone who has asked. No it is not JPOP and Kevin 2.0.

#165 11 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes they should refund money to everyone who has asked. No it is not JPOP and Kevin 2.0.

I guess it was until the new investors stepped in. My order goes back to when it was unveiled at expo and was number 2.

I do not believe the refunds are being processed as they should be processed by date of order.

It's got to be hard for them, but they do not get a pass because they fail to answer emails or communicate.

I'm thinking about getting a group and starting legal proceedings as I do not trust them.

#166 11 months ago

IMHO: Find Jonesy is actually the easiest point grab in the game, once you understand the rules. It's only two shots to approach and catch Jonesy, followed by the Airlock to win the mode (it's always the Airlock to win the mode, regardless of which mode it is). Jonesy does reward players who know how to trap the ball and be patient -- you won't do well at this mode if you flail at shots.

The mode was specifically designed to deliver the feeling that you're trying to find a cat who's darting in and out of the shadows, and you just catch a glimpse of him on occasion when he's running around.

#167 11 months ago

Here are some more useful tidbits about Find Jonesy... the kitten and the Alien both follow the same pattern: they run to a destination, they pause there, and then they hide for a bit. A few seconds later they repeat the pattern. Once they start running, they don't change direction, although they can wrap around from the right edge of the playfield to the left edge or vice versa. So when you see them moving, you know which way your eyes need to follow; they won't zig-zag in crazy patterns. And Jonesy meows when he starts running, so you know when to pay attention to the arrows as he runs.

Have fun!

#168 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

I guess it was until the new investors stepped in. My order goes back to when it was unveiled at expo and was number 2.
I do not believe the refunds are being processed as they should be processed by date of order.
It's got to be hard for them, but they do not get a pass because they fail to answer emails or communicate.
I'm thinking about getting a group and starting legal proceedings as I do not trust them.

Take it to the official Alien thread. Not interested here.

#169 11 months ago

After putting about 50 games on the machine I've noticed 2 design errors on mine and I'm curious if anyone else experiences the same thing. First, about 20% of the time the ball comes down the left ramp and pops UP out of the left inlane instead of going down. Very frustrating when lighting the inlane is one of the major things you have to accomplish on the game. I'm thinking some sort of one-way gate just above where the ball drops out of the ramp would solve that, just not sure how to design one. I do have one of the newer games without the teardrop drop hole in the ramp, ie. mine is a regular round drophole.

Secondly, about 10-20% of the time when the ball comes out of the airlock and hits my lower left flipper it jumps right over the flipper and drains. That also really sucks. I think this problem could be solved with the software similarly to how Wms IJ accounts for airballs.

Anyone else have a problem with either or these issues or any thoughts on how to solve them? I would welcome them.

#170 11 months ago

I haven’t encountered your second issue although I would suggest checking the level of your machine to make sure it’s not too low (raise the back legs) – this could help ball projection. You can also check the direction of the scoop ejector to see if you can tweak it so the ball lands in a diff spot on your flipper.

As for your first issue, I was experiencing that too. I believe in the first page of this thread a user documented a fix to address the issue (requires some black tape, etc) and I’ve done the same on mine. Happy to report it cut down the left side entirely and the right happens very few and far b/w. You can’t see the tape either.

My other big problem was the ball getting caught in the crack within the right ramp shot and I put some mylar over that area and it no longer happens.

#171 11 months ago

Can't say that I've experienced either of those issues on my game, swenny. However, there *is* software protection for the ball draining straight from the Airlock kickout... Adjustments > Alien(s) > #33ish Scoop Drain Saves ... this is how many times per ball an Airlock direct drain will be saved. Try cranking this up and see if it helps.

#172 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Can't say that I've experienced either of those issues on my game, swenny. However, there *is* software protection for the ball draining straight from the Airlock kickout... Adjustments > Alien(s) > #33ish Scoop Drain Saves ... this is how many times per ball an Airlock direct drain will be saved. Try cranking this up and see if it helps.

Will you be adding the ability to adjust the power of that airlock kick out in a future code? Having that adjustability would be very nice. Also for mother.

#173 11 months ago

Will you be adding the ability to adjust the power of that airlock kick out in a future code? Having that adjustability would be very nice. Also for mother.

+1

#174 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks Joe. I'll try that.

#175 11 months ago

Yes. v1.1 (currently in testing) allows all coils to be individually power-adjusted through the operator menus.

#176 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yes. v1.1 (currently in testing) allows all coils to be individually power-adjusted through the operator menus.

Man, you guys are on the ball

#177 11 months ago

We're all trying to deliver the best experience we can.

#178 11 months ago

My beacons finally showed up and I got the bases painted last night.

Need to grab some wiring.

#179 11 months ago

Which beacons did you get?

#180 11 months ago

More gameplay videos please I’ve probably watched all 4 cirqus videos about 50 times lol disecting all of it.

#181 11 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Which beacons did you get?

Same ones that Highway includes with the LE's ($15 each on eBay).

s-l500 (resized).jpg

#182 11 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Same ones that Highway includes with the LE's ($15 each on eBay).

These are the ones we all bought. Work great.

I'm still waiting on someone providing more info on how they do those EL blades. I wasn't able to get them on mine. If anyone can explain how they work, I'm thinking of installing them myself as the side art unscrews out easily and the cabinet I have is already drilled for the wire to go through. Just need more details.....VividPsychosis maybe you can post when you get yours....I forget of the owners that have one now who has these installed

#183 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

These are the ones we all bought. Work great.
I'm still waiting on someone providing more info on how they do those EL blades. I wasn't able to get them on mine. If anyone can explain how they work, I'm thinking of installing them myself as the side art unscrews out easily and the cabinet I have is already drilled for the wire to go through. Just need more details.....VividPsychosis maybe you can post when you get yours....I forget of the owners that have one now who has these installed

I can post mine for sure. But I don’t think making el blades from normal ones is that easy....

#184 11 months ago

Could someone please write a post that is sorta a dummies guide to installing the lamps ontop of the machine? I am not a mechanically inclined individual and need things spelled out for me. If possible could you include links to whatever I am gonna need to do it as well.... I’d truly appreciate it.

#185 11 months ago

If you've wondered what powdered ramps look like on this machine, wonder no more:

ar.jpg

#186 11 months ago

If your beacons are noisey after installing grease the gears with thick sticky grease, red & tacky is what I used anf they are quiet and smooth now.

#187 11 months ago

Just got my beacons installed last night. Awesome addition to the game.

If your connector looks like the one in this pic, the correct pins are the Molex 4.2mm mini fit jr. pins, not the round ones. You can order them from here:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=39-00-0041

You need to push 2 wires in that pin. I used 20 gauge wire for mine. It was a tight fit but doable.

alien connector (resized).jpg

#188 11 months ago

I also mounted my beacons by using magnets. I wasn't too excited about drilling a bunch of holes in my backbox. It worked out really well. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't mounted their beacons yet. You only have to drill 2 holes instead of 8. If anyone's interested I'll post some photos.

#189 11 months ago
Quoted from swenny:

If anyone's interested I'll post some photos.

please

#190 11 months ago
Quoted from swenny:

I also mounted my beacons by using magnets. I wasn't too excited about drilling a bunch of holes in my backbox. It worked out really well. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't mounted their beacons yet. You only have to drill 2 holes instead of 8. If anyone's interested I'll post some photos.

Yes absolutely. Photos pretty please. Magnets sound like a great idea.

#191 11 months ago
Quoted from swenny:

Yep I had a similar concern and used Black Velcro.... Magnets sound good too. Beacons are great!

#192 11 months ago

Good idea if your not comfortable drilling your game! Normaly Id never drill holes in a game, but because its the same as OEM as long as you do it cleanly shouldnt be a problem.

#193 11 months ago

So what's going on with this game lately, folks? Did any of them ship after the new owners took over? Is the game still kicking ass?

#194 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So what's going on with this game lately, folks? Did any of them ship after the new owners took over? Is the game still kicking ass?

So I see you've at least read through the thread.

#195 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Slowly getting to refunds and starting LE production. Yes they send out new games from the new investors, yes the game kicks ass, yes the game arrives with multiple issues for most people.

#196 11 months ago

Slowly getting to refunds and starting LE production. Yes they send out new games from the new investors, yes the game kicks ass, yes the game arrives with multiple issues for most people.

Very succinct! Thanks - I saw some had shipped I guess but you wrapped up every answer in 2 sentenced! I see the QC leaves something to be desired. There’s still time!

#197 11 months ago

For those interested in mounting their beacons using magnets, here's how I did it. I am assuming you have taken the beacon apart in order to paint the base black. FYI, I would use a semi-gloss or even a satin finish if your trying to match the sheen on the backbox. Gloss is a little too shiny in my opinion.

1. Take an oscillating multi tool with a flat blade and cut off the small feet on the bottom of the beacon.

2. Take a random orbit sander and get the base relatively flat. I used 80 grit followed by 120. Once the base is flat use a 5/16" drill bit and drill 3 holes where the feet were. I used 5/16" because the magnets I used were that size. If you end up using a different size magnet, use the appropriate drill bit. Alternatively, I suppose you could simply hot glue any type of magnet to the base, I just liked the look of the beacons resting tight on the backbox. I used rare earth magnets that I re-purposed from some old name badges that I had laying around. They are 5/16" diameter by 1/8" thick.

3. Push the magnets in the holes that you drilled and put a healthy blob of hot glue over the top of them. Between the friction fit of the holes and the glue they should stay in place.

4. Re-paint the bottom if you want. I haven't yet, but I will when I take the beacons apart to add more grease as they are noisy.

20171209_185608 (resized).jpg

20171209_190956 (resized).jpg

#198 11 months ago

Part 2--Hooking them up. Of course there are different ways to hook them up. I chose to make them detachable for a couple reasons. First, if HP ever makes another compelling game that offers a topper it would be nice to be able to easily remove the beacons. Secondly, if I ever need to work on them for any reason It's easier to work on them if they're removed.

1. Here's the gut check part. Drill a 3/8" hole in the top of the backbox just below each beacon. If you look at the interior of the backbox you will notice a hole has already been drilled in the wood below the beacon. You just need to drill through the metal. I used a new COBALT bit and it worked like a champ. I got a nice clean hole. One other tip. Prior to drilling, put a piece of wide tape underneath where you're going to be drilling. The last thing you want are a bunch of metal bits sprinkled all over the inside. The tape will hopefully catch most of them.

2. Buy some bullet connectors or bullet splices as some companies call them, a pack of 1/4" cable clamps, a few 1/2" #6 hex head screws and 10' of 18 or 20 gauge wire. Crimp the MALE end of the bullet connectors on the wires that came with the beacons. I just used a pair of pliers and squeezed as hard as I could. Cut the wire into a 6' length and a 4' length. Strip the ends and attach the FEMALE end to the wire.

3. Next, get out your cable clamps and 1/2" screws. Attach the wire to the interior of the backbox with the 1/2" screws. If you need to, wrap some electrical tape around the wire to thicken it up so that it won't slide around once you screw the clamp down tight. Run it along the outside of the backbox to the middle where the connector comes up from the cabinet.

20171216_094038 (resized).jpg

20171216_094007 (resized).jpg

20171213_193104 (resized).jpg

#199 11 months ago

Part 3. Hooking up to the connector.

If your pin has the square sockets in the connector like mine, the Molex 4.2mm mini fit Jr. are the correct pins. I got mine from GPE as you can see. Take the same color wire from each beacon, strip them and crimp them together in the same pin. Put the pins in the socket in the positions shown, being sure they are firmly seated. Ideally, there should not be any exposed wire outside of the connector.

With that your beacons should be ready to go. Enjoy!

20171217_170453 (resized).jpg

20171217_171914 (resized).jpg

20171213_192900 (resized).jpg

#200 11 months ago

Sweet! where did you get the magnets and what's the specific kind of grease that was mentioned earlier?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 12.50
$ 109.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 6.95
There are 366 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside