(Topic ID: 222242)

Germangamingsupplies - Missing Order, 5+ months, minimal contact

By bimm25i

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

128x16 (resized).png
    burgleflickle (resized).JPG
    loco.jpg
    rt1020 (resized).png
    Ani (resized).png
    holomod (resized).png
    ScreenHunter_002bisa.jpg
    bshtzfih (resized).png
    f5fdb2b3e9125c88968ba04a38728e3eo (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_008.jpg
    ScreenHunter_003bis.jpg
    ScreenHunter_004.jpg
    estafador_face.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-081359 (resized).png
    scammer.jpg
    760D8698-1AB6-4D55-8A02-5A1AF1E6ED53 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/german-gaming-supplies-keine-antwort-auf-mails-pm.190017/

Use Google Translate on that.

TLDR he has financial and other problems. Has partially shut down his site (although it says just on a break). Which he's had for a while, and continued to take orders and money.

He's slowly giving some people refunds or product when hounded. Or giving them other product of similar value ... but some of it's old, broken versions.

Doesn't look very hopeful at the moment.

4 months later
    #40 5 years ago

Maybe Robin finally suspended it. He should have long ago.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Honestly,with all the great products we have here in the USA,I don't understand why you people use foreign distros??Once you have delt with sites like PDI,and try to order Joes PDI glass from Germany,you will understand! There are many problems with oversees delivery to our Country! Everybody tries to get their piece before it gets to U.S. soil!!IMHO!!!!

Nitro offers the same German glass much cheaper than PDI ($225 vs $295).

9 months later
    #78 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Well i gues this is going to be the next nothing thread, cause after reading the important notice that in 2 or 3 days there would be detailed info about the delay and an solution i still heard......
    NOTHING!!!

It's taken some people years to get anything, and then often it's broken / cobbled together from parts of old or defunct products / parts missing / has to be resoldered and rebuilt.

This has been going on at least 3 years now.

People are absolutely mad giving him money.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

A fellow pinsider informed me that he is not responding to his facebook messages he send also, has anyone got a way to contact him since the 3 days for update on a solution are past?

I'm pretty sure he's seen your messages or e-mails. It's not that he sits in a Faraday cage or the Bermuda Triangle. It's deliberate.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

Do I need to type in smaller words so you understand?
    I am not German.
    I am not affiliated with Pin2DMD.
    I am not affiliated with German Gaming Supplies.
    You copied my colorization work.

Not sure what you're going on about? He didn't mention you. I'm fairly sure he's referring to steve45 ... though his work was primarily coding, and unlike lucky1, didn't defend rappelbox forever, and didn't refer lots of customers to him, and from what I know, there is no reason to question his honesty.

I am not affiliated with German Gaming Supplies -- Also, that's not strictly true. You said Rappelbox paid you to colour some games. Albeit I know he then tried to stiff you re: screen orders (as with so many others) ...

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsp:

It will be interesting, here you have a link to the official German forum, the lair of this gang of criminals. There you have tons of claims, from people who have also been scammed, you can see that the story is always the same, even to give fake DHL tracking numbers.
    https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/german-gaming-supplies.212115/

If you search more online, you will find the same type of complaints in other forums, including in another of their official forums:
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3574-an-order-to-german-gaming-supplies/?tab=comments#comment-39260

What I can assure you is that the THREE Germans are involved:
    1.- The band boss, the one who copies, plagiarizes, steals source code and hacks competitors' hardware.
    2.- The one who SCAMS people by keeping their money and sending nothing,
    3.- And the one who paints games to attract victims.

PS: steve45 has nothing to do with this gang of criminals. He always seemed like a good person, although he shouldn't have the friendships he has, because he lends himself to being related to criminal activities as well.

Then who the hell is 3?

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from lucky1:

That seems to be me, although I never copied or plagiarized anything commercially. It is obvious that it was pinballSP that used and still uses my published pin2dmd schematics under a different brand name (DMDST32) without given permission. About the stolen source code accusations, I gave my statement above. To develop opensource code further is not stealing, it is the nature of opensource. About hacking competitors hardware you seem to refer to my pin2dmd port to your dmdmk66 hardware which is in fact a rgb.dmd plagiat (https://github.com/ecurtz/RGB_DMD) . The only thing you changed in the rgb.dmd firmware was the boot splash saying DMDMK66 instead of RGB.DMD to call it your own development. Not more and not less. You did the same with my very early opensource version (see pictures).

That seems to be Malenko, who is a member of the community like Netzwerg, Slippifishi, CB3 and many others which colorized games using the pin2dmd editor from Steve45. Malenko caught Luis taking his colorization work to promote his "Magic Editor" which is not of any use given the fact that there is no full color firmware.
    Blaming others for mistakes you made yourself and spreading conspiracy theories are typical for a dissociative identity disorder. This is a serious thing and maybe Luis should consider consulting a psychiatrist.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think you have much room to cast aspersions on others, given your continued defence of, excuses and referrals for Rappelbox, long after the writing was on the wall.

Remember you continued defending him long after the farce with the CftBL LCD holo mod .... for those that need a reminder, he announced he'd have full kits shipping in a month, and design and prototypes were complete, he just needed to finish off art and animations, and he was opening pre-orders to pay for a professional to do that. A month later, after dozens of people had paid several hundred €s .... nothing. He then disappears for months (whilst still checking pinside and flippermarkt every day), and after questioning admits that there basically is no project, and it was a 'mistake' because he hadn't been well. Says he'll refund people. A couple of people get refunds, he then disappears again, and it takes some people nearly a year to get refunds, or in some cases have the balance transferred to DMDs (some of which are in a less than acceptable state). N.B. He announced that con immediately after Luis said he'd begun work on his own holomod, which there have been no pre-orders for, and has clearly involved a huge amount of work - over 2 years.

Anyway, hopefully you really have cut all ties now.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

He's called me a German troll in the past, that's why I know he is implying me again. Back when I released the files for SFII and Lethal Weapon 3 Rappel had a group buy in my colorization threads. That seems to be why PinSP keeps thinking I'm German. That or he thinks the DE in Wilmington DE stands for Deutschland instead of Delaware.
    I don't care where end users get their pin2dmds , I don't make any money on the sale of the hardware. I do ask for donations for my colorizations BUT I release them publicly *including* the source code so people can learn and customize. For me its been worth it because I think it helpped scottyc slippifishi and others learn how to color games on their own.
    I would totally color games for ColorDMD but they haven't hired me for any so this is the only way I can color games, plus they looks neat on my vpin.

Rappel did hire me to color Godzilla so that he could sell displays for Godzilla users. I don't feel that makes me an affiliate of GGS. I was merely contracted out to color a game.
    I feel like an affiliate is some who either works there or makes money from either hardware sales and/or referrals; and I did neither.
    The only real difference between Godzilla and any other colorization is that I was paid upfront to do it by a particular end user ; and I left it up to him to release the source. The end user in this case ended up being the owner of GGS. If you wanted to hire me to color a game and pay me in advance, I'd do it and I'd let you decide to release the source as well. I wouldnt consider myself an affiliate of you either.

Did you actually ever get the DMD(s) you were owed?

pinballsp I think you're barking up the wrong tree re: malenko. He uses steve's software and the pin2dmd hardware because there is no other option. Despite now having a good software package, you haven't yet released the enabling firmware. FAST seem to have abandoned their project, and ColorDMD are highly unlikely to release their editors publicly, at least until competition is more fierce.

Also, however unpleasant you feel the pin2dmd guys have been to you, as someone selling hardware, you'd be far better off just ignoring it and concentrating on your business.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from lucky1:

Do you have any proof for these accusations ? As far as I remember I only reported my own experience with him.
    What I really don´t like is people bashing others just for the fun of it, without beeing directly affected, which I think is what you did and do again. Maybe that is what you misinterpreted as defending him.

Yes, I do, your own posting history.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom?tq=&tu=lucky1

Your own posts confirm that the PIN2DMD 192x64 (after the CftBL farce had broken - and work taking place during the time he was hiding), and 128x16 (2 years later) were developed using his board designs. Claiming that he was not part of PIN2DMD, or that you did not collaborate, or you didn't stop working with him after his appalling 'business practices' came to light is a joke.

You also continued to mention his sales of PIN2DMD compatible hardware to potential customers for years, despite knowing full well what he was doing. No caveats. No warnings. Don't you think you had some kind of moral obligation to warn people?

You may not have been scheming with him to rip people off, as Luis claims, but your blasé attitude has enabled him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/germangamingsupplies-missing-order-scam?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.