(Topic ID: 222242)

Germangamingsupplies - Missing Order, 5+ months, minimal contact

By bimm25i

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

128x16 (resized).png
    burgleflickle (resized).JPG
    loco.jpg
    rt1020 (resized).png
    Ani (resized).png
    holomod (resized).png
    ScreenHunter_002bisa.jpg
    bshtzfih (resized).png
    f5fdb2b3e9125c88968ba04a38728e3eo (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_008.jpg
    ScreenHunter_003bis.jpg
    ScreenHunter_004.jpg
    estafador_face.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-081359 (resized).png
    scammer.jpg
    760D8698-1AB6-4D55-8A02-5A1AF1E6ED53 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

Been there, done that. Dominic (Rappelbox), Joerg (Lucky1), and everyone else still involved with PIN2DMD are crooks. Force a refund with a credit card chargeback then buy a DMDMK66 from PinballSP. Nearly the same product, but it's all plug and play with similar features and high quality, and the seller is very active with communicating with customers. Bought 2 so far and happy to report no issues at all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/15#post-4536985

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from fly:

You use very strong words, I have used Lucky or Rappelbox help many times , they always tried their best to help me..

Not really relevant in the whole scope of things.

1 month later
    #30 5 years ago

Lol, that's ridiculous. Probably because you called them out on it.

1 month later
    #38 5 years ago

I have a feeling a lot of people are ordering through the Pinside shop. Is there a way to report a shop for alleged theft? I see the shop is temporarily closed, probably for the holidays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom

#48 5 years ago

The display panels and components are made in China. The custom software and hardware are made by third party developers who happen to be in foreign countries. You would like a cheaper than ColorDMD alternative made in the USA? So would I.

9 months later
    #91 4 years ago

When I got my PIN2DMD kit from Dominik for Tales from the Crypt it was far from tested or working. First of all the DMD 14 pin ribbon cable header was soldered on too short, causing it to not reach the microcontroller board I was using. He admitted it as being a board manufacturer mistake. I got around that by using a cable instead. Well it still wouldn't work because he admitted using a chip for a Stern DMD controller instead of the Data East one I needed. I had to remove that chip and jump two legs with a paperclip. But then it STILL wasn't working, requiring me to adjust a third jumper to make it compatible with the DMD signal. Only then was it working and "ready" to be shipped. Not before when he took my money and sent it off in its untested incomplete state.

I made the mistake of recommending this to a friend before I found out my board was messed up. He ended up getting it for his Frankenstein, which also did not work. It was once again an issue with the 14 pin ribbon cable header being soldered on backwards, which would require a full cable hack to get it to work. Fortunately he used a local distributor I contacted on VPForums to send it back and get a refund, who was nice and also disgusted with the outcome. To replace the adapter board with faulty header would cost I think $200.

Frustrating and unacceptable. Was going to convert several more games, but decided to move on and buy from Luis with PinballSP. Luis's display works great in both my Dracula and my friend's Frankenstein, and he is also quick with communication. Build quality is also very good.

#97 4 years ago

Another example.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mary-shelleys-frankenstein-owners-club-ideas-and-info/page/8#post-4375031

Here is what he sent to crunchysue regarding the connector issue she and I encountered:

If you have a white controller (I assume you have one of these) then there’s only a small thing to notice: The connector (dmd_in) is a regular one with the regular pinout, but since the factory put it on the wrong side you have to twist and shift the cable in direction.

#126 4 years ago

Luis I’m still going to order from you because you make fantastic products. But can we drop the fued and move on please? Just ignore them, I added them to my ignore list a couple of years ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/germangamingsupplies-missing-order-scam?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.