(Topic ID: 222242)

Germangamingsupplies - Missing Order, 5+ months, minimal contact

By bimm25i

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

128x16 (resized).png
    burgleflickle (resized).JPG
    loco.jpg
    rt1020 (resized).png
    Ani (resized).png
    holomod (resized).png
    ScreenHunter_002bisa.jpg
    bshtzfih (resized).png
    f5fdb2b3e9125c88968ba04a38728e3eo (resized).jpg
    ScreenHunter_008.jpg
    ScreenHunter_003bis.jpg
    ScreenHunter_004.jpg
    estafador_face.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-081359 (resized).png
    scammer.jpg
    760D8698-1AB6-4D55-8A02-5A1AF1E6ED53 (resized).jpeg
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

So I placed an order with Dominik @ Germangamingsupplies back in March, and although I have seen he has received products to ship out several times on his facebook page since I placed my order, I have still not received it. their customer service email : [email protected] has proven wholly useless, and I am not receiving replies. I emailed Domink in May, asking for a status update, and at that point my order status had magically changed to "shipped" although no tracking info was supplied.

I am still waiting for my product, and despite several emails and messages using the sites "contact us" page, I am receiving no replies.

Can anyone chime in and give me some peace of mind before i start down the chargeback path? I purchased all other required components to do a PIN2DMD, from other sources and they have just been sitting collecting dust for months.

If anyone has any experience with germangamingsupplies recently (since JANUARY 2018), I would be grateful to hear how your experience had been as well.

thank you

#2 5 years ago

I found facebook messenger was the best way to get a hold of him. He certainly is active all over the VP facebook group he moderates.

Went through this last year. Took about 4 months to get a Pin2DMD setup.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I found facebook messenger was the best way to get a hold of him. He certainly is active all over the VP facebook group he moderates.

Could someone facebook message him for me and point him to this thread? I don't have facebook. Is there a way to facebook message someone without facebook? Its been over 5 months for me at this point

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/german-gaming-supplies-keine-antwort-auf-mails-pm.190017/

Use Google Translate on that.

TLDR he has financial and other problems. Has partially shut down his site (although it says just on a break). Which he's had for a while, and continued to take orders and money.

He's slowly giving some people refunds or product when hounded. Or giving them other product of similar value ... but some of it's old, broken versions.

Doesn't look very hopeful at the moment.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I got my two Pin2DMD setups from uncle sash over at VPuniverse in under 4 weeks this past December. Took him about 2 weeks to put together and ship out but communication via PM was excellent.

1 month later
    #7 5 years ago

So where Should I go to get a pin2dmd if uncle Sash Is out of the story and German Game room Supplies is sketchy?

#8 5 years ago

Someone posted over on vpuniverse that they had some to sell.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

So where Should I go to get a pin2dmd if uncle Sash Is out of the story and German Game room Supplies is sketchy?

Ask dpannell . He may still have some spare controller boards.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

I got four boards just a couple of weeks ago from GermanGamingSupplies.com and they arrived quickly. Great communication, great packaging, fast shipment.

It's a shame Sash isn't making boards anymore, he refunded my money on an open order a few months ago.

#11 5 years ago

I have had some contact over the last weeks with GGS and it appears they are trying to make a new start and are getting stock etc.

Ofcourse i can understand an attitude ‘first see than believe’ as there have been issues in the past for sure.

So let’s all hope for the best. Dominik is perhaps till now proven not to be the best businessman but basically he is a nice guy after all. I wish him all the best and encourage him to avoid the mistakes from the past and get his act together. I am afraid otherwise he will get no more patience from us pinheads and it will be game over.

And besides I would feel sorry for him as a nice guy also Pin2dmd is a great product which deserves a good sales channel for those who are not the DIY type.

#12 5 years ago

OP, have you tried contacting your credit card company about a chargeback? If it’s not too late, that’d probably be your easiest exit from this situation.

#13 5 years ago

I do still have a few displays and other parts. Send me a PM if you need something.

#14 5 years ago

I have everything in order again and all things are in stock for immediate shipping.
    I caught up with the missing orders and most of them have already shipped. If you still feel like your order is missing, something is wrong or not to your satisfaction feel free to contact me again, wether here or through my shop.

Kind regards,
    Dom

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rappelbox:

I have everything in order again and all things are in stock for immediate shipping.
    I caught up with the missing orders and most of them have already shipped. If you still feel like your order is missing, something is wrong or not to your satisfaction feel free to contact me again, wether here or through my shop.
    Kind regards,
    Dom

MY ORDER IS STILL MISSING< HOW DID YOU READ MY THREAD AND NOT PM ME!!!

I SIGNED UP FOR FACEBOOK AND HAVE SENT YOU MULTIPLE FACEBOOK MESSAGES and you aren't replying to them or looking into my order, you're simply posting new products for sale.

#16 5 years ago

Been there, done that. Dominic (Rappelbox), Joerg (Lucky1), and everyone else still involved with PIN2DMD are crooks. Force a refund with a credit card chargeback then buy a DMDMK66 from PinballSP. Nearly the same product, but it's all plug and play with similar features and high quality, and the seller is very active with communicating with customers. Bought 2 so far and happy to report no issues at all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/15#post-4536985

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Been there, done that. Dominic (Rappelbox), Joerg (Lucky1), and everyone else still involved with PIN2DMD are crooks. Force a refund with a credit card chargeback then buy a DMDMK66 from PinballSP. Nearly the same product, but it's all plug and play with similar features and high quality, and the seller is very active with communicating with customers. Bought 2 so far and happy to report no issues at all.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/15#post-4536985

You use very strong words, I have used Lucky or Rappelbox help many times , they always tried their best to help me..

#18 5 years ago

Hello @bimm25i,

I've sent you a replacement yesterday, please check your mail and honestly, i don't use facebook as communication medium, only for advertising. i don't check these messages very often.

@Crash: You still don't get it, right?! I don't have anything to do with Joerg in terms of business relations or whatsoever! I only produce hardware that is compatible to the pin2dmd firmware. Everyone is free to use it's own firmware for stm32f407/stm32 Nucleo 429 Chips.
    DMDMK66 are not nearly as similar, the lack the support for more than 4 colors, no colorizations , no editor, but i like the hardware...

The reason a seller is very active can only mean that he has lot's of time... maybe he should focus completing at least one of his many projects.
    I see a lot of good ideas and attempts but NONE is done!

...and yes, pin2dmd evolves and is far from being DEAD as you like people to tell!

These are already ordered in quantities and will ship activated! This makes it a much more convenient product for customers, with an existing community, colorizations available, colorizations editable, device expandable and widely supported, be it real pins and virtual ones too.
    The have complete install instructions (even if not really neccessary) and customised wiring harness matching your pinball.

Kind regards,
    Dom

IMG_2421.gifIMG_2421.gifIMG_3798.gifIMG_3798.gifIMG_3799.gifIMG_3799.gifIMG_5440.gifIMG_5440.gifIMG_5460.gifIMG_5460.gifIMG_5486.gifIMG_5486.gifIMG_5487.gifIMG_5487.gifIMG_5489.gifIMG_5489.gifIMG_5490.gifIMG_5490.gifIMG_5491.gifIMG_5491.gifIMG_5492.gifIMG_5492.gifIMG_5493.gifIMG_5493.gifpin2dmd-evolution-activated (resized).JPGpin2dmd-evolution-activated (resized).JPGpin2dmd_evolution_unlocked_back (resized).jpgpin2dmd_evolution_unlocked_back (resized).jpgpin2dmd_evolution_unlocked_front (resized).jpgpin2dmd_evolution_unlocked_front (resized).jpg
    #19 5 years ago

The things that customers hate most is lack of communication and failure to follow through. Keeping a customer in the dark for 5+ months is unacceptable. Not following through with troubleshooting products (not that this is the case) is unacceptable. If you take money as a seller, we as customers expect a service or product. If a (paying) customer reaches out to you about status, they should expect a response.

There have been too many sellers not following through. If you want to keep the "negative" feedback to a minimum, then you as a seller must follow through to ensure that doesn't happen. A seller that is active is a seller that cares about following through and keeping customers informed and happy.

I've not ordered from certain parts suppliers due to lack of communication. I don't want to pay for something to have a 50/50 chance of receiving it. If you (a business) wants my business, then you have to prove that you will follow through and deliver (both literally, and metaphorically). To me, it's a very simple premise.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

The things that customers hate most is lack of communication and failure to follow through. Keeping a customer in the dark for 5+ months is unacceptable. Not following through with troubleshooting products (not that this is the case) is unacceptable. If you take money as a seller, we as customers expect a service or product. If a (paying) customer reaches out to you about status, they should expect a response.
    There have been too many sellers not following through. If you want to keep the "negative" feedback to a minimum, then you as a seller must follow through to ensure that doesn't happen. A seller that is active is a seller that cares about following through and keeping customers informed and happy.
    I've not ordered from certain parts suppliers due to lack of communication. I don't want to pay for something to have a 50/50 chance of receiving it. If you (a business) wants my business, then you have to prove that you will follow through and deliver (both literally, and metaphorically). To me, it's a very simple premise.

You are correct, it's not been targeted at my customers, only at people that are NOT willing to stop talking BS talks about pin2dmd, how and who belongs to a group and trashtalking in general because it seems cool. maybe someone.

And finally i'd like to say that i reacted in this thread, reacted to the customer and solved the issue.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from fly:

You use very strong words, I have used Lucky or Rappelbox help many times , they always tried their best to help me..

Not really relevant in the whole scope of things.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from fly:

Thanks fly but you always need to have in mind where the words are coming from. AFAIK crash is a adult in the late twenties, still living with his mum, not owning a single pinball machine and seeking attention in the online world because he does not get much in the real world. The only thing I have for him and his posts is compassion.
    Btw We (Steve and I, creators of the he PIN2DMD DIY project) must be very clever crooks to fool more than 1300 PIN2DMD users and still receiving key requests almost every day.

#23 5 years ago

... and Rappelbox , sort your things out as fast as possible.

#24 5 years ago

I'll add... Lucky1 has helped me above and beyond getting my 2 pin2dmd's setup and running. Fast responding and always helpful. Seems like a good dude to me!

#25 5 years ago

I have ordered stuff from German gaming supply. Like 6m months ago and tried to contact them after 2 months of not recieving anything and got no response.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

I have ordered stuff from German gaming supply. Like 6m months ago and tried to contact them after 2 months and got no response.

A little more details would be nice. Did you get your order ever?

2 weeks later
    #27 5 years ago

I have no experience with German gaming supplies but I have built/installed several Pin2DMD displays and it is a great solution. This is the only color DMD solution for the Data East Small DMD(128x16) , I installed one in my Checkpoint, it's awesome. There is a great community actively creating color palates and several have already been created, they are exceptional. I recently installed a Pin2DMD in my T2 and I love it. Furthermore, I have worked with Lucky1 several times. He's obviously very committed to the project. In my experience he is very responsive and helpful. Anyone can build a Pin2DMD display, the info is all there on the website. So please don't judge the product or support based on a single vendor experience. Pin2DMD has a bright future in my opinion.

3 weeks later
    #28 5 years ago

Parts FINALLY showed up today.

Everything works as advertised, only took 8 months to show up.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from bimm25i:

8 MONTHS! Man you’ve got patience.

#30 5 years ago

Lol, that's ridiculous. Probably because you called them out on it.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from bimm25i:

Very good, for a long time I did not laugh so much, it's great.
    That seller has to go to Go Talent, sure they give him the golden button immediately.

Long live Germany, that so many "geniuses" of finances and good work give us. Sometimes also good comedians.
    As we would say in Spain, "espera, que me meo toa encima, de la risa..."

LO2WPK77Fox7q.gifLO2WPK77Fox7q.gifbieber.gifbieber.gifc11b0ce817feeccb78f905dfb5a52c4e.gifc11b0ce817feeccb78f905dfb5a52c4e.gifgiphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gifgiphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

#32 5 years ago

@☺pinballsp: interesting part is that YOU have the time to search for gifs and laugh at others instead of getting YOUR stuff done
    I see no single one product from you finished, neither holo mod, dmdmk66 of any size and all that other great stuff you promoted in the past.

I'd rather wait for a product to arrive and be proven to be working for many hundreds of people (or even thousands, i don't know) instead of getting something that probably wont be ever finished:

what about your magic editor tool?
    no pictures or vid running on real devices for now...
    no real colorization, only toying around...
    none of the promoted features working for now...
    no own dumps of content from real machines, only stuff used you found on vpuniverse...
    Dumps used from @rappelbox, @Lucky1, @Steve45, @Malenko, just to name a few...

what about dmdmk66?
    no support for more than 4 colors for 2 years now...
    no support for vpins 'till now...
    no support for Stern 'till now...
    no support for colorization 'till now...
    no community around it...

what about your holo mod?
    no video of it running for now..
    no finished(or even working hardware) for now...
    no content for now...
    I heard it took other guys only about 2 weeks to get a working thing together and making another advantage of pin2dmd and raspisound features...
    ...and if i recap correctly that will blow everyones mind if it's working like i understand it!
    I'll test it later and let you know...

I wonder what the bigger scam is, delivereing with a, honestly inaceptable, delay or promoting stuff and raising hopes for products you don't have the will and or skills to make them working and finish them!

I won't and can't take party for GGS as a customer but i'd rather buy there and support in-/ or directly the great developers and community behind pin2dmd and raspisound with their attitude of taking donations for real charity reasons and not keeping a single penny for themselves like you. But customer support and shipping times HAVE TO IMPROVE!

Lets hope the new EVO boards ship fast and as they come unlocked it shall be much easier for everyone to install them in their games.

My personal suggestion for you @pinballsp:
    keep quiet until you get your own stuff done and then present it...
    concentrate on important stuff and stop bragging with tools you can't handle...

2 weeks later
    #33 5 years ago

wheres my tracking number you promised rapplebox ,have you even sent the part?only writing here because you dont reply to fb messenger,and your contact email conversed with in past isnt working?

#34 5 years ago

I tried to warn you guys about this!!

p

#35 5 years ago

I had to threaten (with a date) that I would be pursuing a PayPal refund. He miraculously responded on the last day... got my stuff in 99% good condition. There is hope for you. I certainly will never order anything from him again...

#36 5 years ago

I ordered over two months ago and still haven't received the displays!

1 month later
    #37 5 years ago

I wish I looked at this before I ordered.
    Zero communication. No confirmation of receiving payment. No tracking number and no response to my emails?
    Ordered three weeks ago.
    Put a PayPal claim through.
    Completely unacceptable.

#38 5 years ago

I have a feeling a lot of people are ordering through the Pinside shop. Is there a way to report a shop for alleged theft? I see the shop is temporarily closed, probably for the holidays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom

#39 5 years ago

hopefully closed until orders can be shipped within an acceptable timeframe. And customer service greatly improves.

#40 5 years ago

Maybe Robin finally suspended it. He should have long ago.

#41 5 years ago

As always the same troll hanging around here...

#42 5 years ago
    trolls-guy-diamond-cardboard-cutout-96cms-product-image (resized).jpgtrolls-guy-diamond-cardboard-cutout-96cms-product-image (resized).jpg
    #43 5 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

[quoted image]

At least you’ve got some humor and your response to the topic was some sort of objective

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rappelbox:

i don't use facebook as communication medium, only for advertising. i don't check these messages very often.

Then stop using Facebook. You can’t advertise with it, then not communicate when contacted via that medium. It’s bad business.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

At least you’ve got some humor and your response to the topic was some sort of objective

well i know my posts are usually a tad harsh so i really tried to be positive in my latest one!! i said "until" things improve not forever! I don't personally think that will ever happen but you never know....

#47 5 years ago

Honestly,with all the great products we have here in the USA,I don't understand why you people use foreign distros??Once you have delt with sites like PDI,and try to order Joes PDI glass from Germany,you will understand! There are many problems with oversees delivery to our Country! Everybody tries to get their piece before it gets to U.S. soil!!IMHO!!!!

#48 5 years ago

The display panels and components are made in China. The custom software and hardware are made by third party developers who happen to be in foreign countries. You would like a cheaper than ColorDMD alternative made in the USA? So would I.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Honestly,with all the great products we have here in the USA,I don't understand why you people use foreign distros??Once you have delt with sites like PDI,and try to order Joes PDI glass from Germany,you will understand! There are many problems with oversees delivery to our Country! Everybody tries to get their piece before it gets to U.S. soil!!IMHO!!!!

Nitro offers the same German glass much cheaper than PDI ($225 vs $295).

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The display panels and components are made in China. The custom software and hardware are made by third party developers who happen to be in foreign countries. You would like a cheaper than ColorDMD alternative made in the USA? So would I.

what ever happened to fastPinball version?

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/germangamingsupplies-missing-order-scam?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.