(Topic ID: 182582)

German Mail Forwarding: Workaround for Pinball Center

By nerdygrrl

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0197 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0196 (resized).jpg
    20171222_155544 (resized).jpg
    unnamed-9 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 8.19.59 AM (resized).png
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... Can anyone help me?
    I tried to order 3 flat plastics, for approx $40, from Marco (Pinballcenter) in Germany. Went to check out and shipping was quoted at 430 Euro ($511). See my email to him this morning below.
    I'm very gun shy; as I purchased 2 expensive bottles of wine and shipped them (approx $100 to ship), to friend in Ireland, nearly 6 weeks ago. They still haven't rec'vd them.
    Marco… from your website, I tried to order these 2 items;
    Congo lane plastics set #43611 & Congo 2 plastic #43597.
    The total was approx. 33 Euro. I went to check out and it added over 430 Euro to ship these (3) light / flat plastics. I stopped the order due to shipping cost.
    Please help me

Kerry- As of Jan 1 this year, 2017. They stopped selling to USA customers. Seems like bad bussiness, but it had something to do with Rick at PPS. Basically they would make parts and not use the licensing agreements.
    Hope that helps.
    Thus thread was started to work a round shipping.

#52 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... Can anyone help me?
    I tried to order 3 flat plastics, for approx $40, from Marco (Pinballcenter) in Germany. Went to check out and shipping was quoted at 430 Euro ($511). See my email to him this morning below.
    I'm very gun shy; as I purchased 2 expensive bottles of wine and shipped them (approx $100 to ship), to friend in Ireland, nearly 6 weeks ago. They still haven't rec'vd them.
    Marco… from your website, I tried to order these 2 items;
    Congo lane plastics set #43611 & Congo 2 plastic #43597.
    The total was approx. 33 Euro. I went to check out and it added over 430 Euro to ship these (3) light / flat plastics. I stopped the order due to shipping cost.
    Please help me

I have several pm’s from people including yourself, if you can wait until the new year I will get this ordered for you, as well as sorting out orders for everyone that has sent me a pm.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I have several pm’s from people including yourself, if you can wait until the new year I will get this ordered for you, as well as sorting out orders for everyone that has sent me a pm.

Id like to be added to that list. Gladly buy you something or pay for your services plus shipping. Thank you for helping out!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Id like to be added to that list. Gladly buy you something or pay for your services plus shipping. Thank you for helping out!

No problem at all consider yourself added to the list, if anyone else is interested let me know as it makes it a lot easier for me to put in a large single order from Pinball Center, that I can then repackage into smaller individual orders.

#55 6 years ago

did the same thing yesterday, same plastics with some other stuff. he emailed me, no way around it with his company, but suggested a third party to get them, but several people have been ripped off going this route.

#56 6 years ago

put me on that list, will gladly pay for your time.

#57 6 years ago

I ordered their flintstones remakes and their Robocop remake plastics, and they just plain sucked. some holes drilled wrong some parts didn't even fit

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

suggested a third party to get them, but several people have been ripped off going this route.

Check out the TRON owners thread if you need any peace of mind or any reassurance is needed, I helped about 20 pinsiders order replacement Tron Spinning Disc Rubbers from Pinball Center, no issues to report, 100% items received.

I offer simply because I have had multiple Pinsiders in the US help me out with parts orders and even stuff that’s non pinball related like eBay items, similar to this situation where I couldnt get them shipped direct from US to UK, so I have had to use a third party, so I am simply returning that generosity.

#59 6 years ago

Add me to the list!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

did the same thing yesterday, same plastics with some other stuff. he emailed me, no way around it with his company, but suggested a third party to get them, but several people have been ripped off going this route.

They were not "ripped off" the shipping carrier they selected lost the parcels. IIRC nobody had any issue with the mail forwarder forwarding the mail (their job). The problems seem to have been with the carriers selected. Again, use German post for most reliable service.

I see a lot of folks not understanding the role of each business. A mail forwarder receives and forwards the mail via the carrier YOU contract. The carrier is then responsible for getting the package to you.

Blaming MailboxDe for not getting your parcel is like blaming Amazon when your parcel gets lost because of Fed Ex.

#61 6 years ago

no one was blaming mailbox de for anything, I didn't say nowhere in my post that they were the ones screwing people. I just said some people were ripped off and still didn't have their packages or refunds months later. settle down beavis!

#62 6 years ago

mailbox set up... ordering tomorrow.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

no one was blaming mailbox de for anything, I didn't say nowhere in my post that they were the ones screwing people. I just said some people were ripped off and still didn't have their packages or refunds months later. settle down beavis!

Ripped off implies nefarious intent, mail got lost by international carriers and people had to go through the process of getting refunds from that carrier. That process does take time, just as it does here with our own USPS. I have three claims with USPS now for international parcels I have sent. Want to know how long I have been waiting for their investigation to conclude and for my refunds? About a month and a half.

I saw a couple of folks post about their lost parcels not clearly understanding the service they contracted and expecting a forwarding service to refund them for a separate service that they contracted. Just trying to clarify for everyone's sake.

MailBoXDE recieves and ships your parcel via the international carrier you contract. They are not responsible for lost or damaged items.

The Carrier you select, is responsible for delivery of your parcel and any damages that may occur. If your parcel gets lost, they are the ones that will have to provide the refund.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

No problem at all consider yourself added to the list, if anyone else is interested let me know as it makes it a lot easier for me to put in a large single order from Pinball Center, that I can then repackage into smaller individual orders.

Please add me to the list. PM sent also and much thanks.

#65 6 years ago

I'm interested as well.

1 week later
    #66 6 years ago

@J85M, pm sent to be added to the list.

#67 6 years ago

Got everyone added and 90% of things ordered just waiting on a few parts for w couple of people, once they are in and I receive a final invoice I will get pm’s/invoices to everyone.

1 month later
    #68 6 years ago

For you guys using mail forwarding from Germany - are you paying VAT? if not, how are you checking out to avoid it?

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Got everyone added and 90% of things ordered just waiting on a few parts for w couple of people, once they are in and I receive a final invoice I will get pm’s/invoices to everyone.

Did anyone get anything from J85M? Crickets for me, for over 2 months

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

For you guys using mail forwarding from Germany - are you paying VAT? if not, how are you checking out to avoid it?

I don't think you can get out of that.

Did anyone get anything from J85M? Crickets for me, for over 2 months

That's a bummer.

1 month later
    #71 6 years ago

just placed an order with pinball.center and had sent to mailbox.com, I'll report back

Added over 6 years ago: Edit: mailboxde.com

I guess autocorrect got ahold of it

#72 6 years ago

Placed an order with delivery to mailboxde.com. Will update as things progress.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

just placed an order with pinball.center and had sent to mailbox.com, I'll report back

My list is growing. Please let us know.

Quoted from terryb:

Placed an order with delivery to mailbo.de. Will update as the process progresses.

Thank, we appreciate it.

#74 6 years ago

I have a fairly large order i'd love to place, but I have zero desire to mess with the forwarding. Especially considering the excess VAT cost....

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I have a fairly large order i'd love to place, but I have zero desire to mess with the forwarding. Especially considering the excess VAT cost....

Pinball Center includes the VAT in the price. It is no different than paying sales tax here. If you buy something in Germany or really anywhere in the UK, they are going to impose a VAT tax at checkout.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Pinball Center includes the VAT in the price. It is no different than paying sales tax here. If you buy something in Germany or really anywhere in the UK, they are going to impose a VAT tax at checkout.

Without getting too technical, no it's not. You can get VAT reimbursements for international purchases if you are consuming goods outside the country. They shouldn't charge the VAT either if it's getting consumed elsewhere.

If you go to their website, they actually price it w/o VAT for international shippers based on destination locale. The VAT actually changes significantly based on the destination juristidicaiton based on where it is consumed.

I don't know what the issue is with US shipping with them (it seems to only be a US issue; they ship elsewhere happily).

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Without getting too technical, no it's not. You can get VAT reimbursements for international purchases if you are consuming goods outside the country. They shouldn't charge the VAT either if it's getting consumed elsewhere.
    If you go to their website, they actually price it w/o VAT for international shippers based on destination locale. The VAT actually changes significantly based on the destination juristidicaiton based on where it is consumed.
    I don't know what the issue is with US shipping with them (it seems to only be a US issue; they ship elsewhere happily).

I believe it was Rick at PPS sending them a C&D.

#78 6 years ago

I believe it was Rick at PPS sending them a C&D.

Figured as much. Thanks, Rick!

#79 6 years ago

Mailbox.de received the package and just payed for the forwarding which I though was very reasonable. Kind of weird you have to put credits in your account and then pay for the shipment rather than just pay for the shipment.

#80 6 years ago

Worked for me with minimal issues. It did take about a month as my package got stuck in customs for a while. Tracking number quit tracking once it got to customs but it ended up showing up eventually. If needed, I'll do it again.

1 week later
    #81 5 years ago

Just got my package. Much faster than I expected.

For anyone considering buying plastics from them, at least the ones they make themselves, consider yourself forewarned. Better than a broken one I guess. Notice the missing dots on the cursed sign, mounting holes not cut all the way through, opacity of the backing and scratch(?) on the back that shows on the front once the plastic is lit from behind. Colors kind of off too, although not quite as bad as the photo makes them look. Really a shame since they have some unobtanium plastics.

IMG_0196 (resized).jpgIMG_0196 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0197 (resized).jpgIMG_0197 (resized).jpg

#82 5 years ago

I think it's time for me to try this...I need that damn tron white circle

4 weeks later
    #83 5 years ago

I need Flintstones Sling Shot Plastics. If anyone is placing an order and can get me a set?

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:

I need Flintstones Sling Shot Plastics. If anyone is placing an order and can get me a set?

check the tron club thread - we're about to put in a big order from them. Maybe we can get an order for you too....

#85 5 years ago

yah real simple. Signed up, or thought I did, bought the part, then an email that it can't send because I doidn't include my company name. Do you have to be a company to buy a pinball plastic? I filled everything out as an individual. OK done. Then an email that I must fill out power of attorney form, done. Choose carrier, done. Oooops form reset all the info I just filled in, do it again, pay withcredit card , ooops, when the form reset it defaulted to Czech post NOT deutch, hope I get this fucking thing some day. Why the fuck this guy can't ship normally is beyond me.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We have received your shipment. Unfortunately, the address details are missing the company name Mailboxde.com GmbH. From this reason we need you to provide us with following documents:

Power of Attorney (Postvollmacht) [PDF] https://system.mailboxde.com/pdf/Mailboxdecom_Postvollmacht.pdf.

Sign in to your account, click on My Account and upload this completed and signed document.

The document may not be officially verified if you are paying from your bank or paypal account. We will contact you if it was official verification required.

The sending of power of attorney is one-off and is valid for all other shipments. You can upload your power of attorney within 7 days at the latest. The system will allow confirmation of this particular shipment after uploading the power of attorney.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

Mailboxde.com GmbH
    Dresdner Str. 9,
    02 763 Zittau, Germany

Customer support:
    MO - FR, 8 AM - 4 PM (CET)
    Tel.: +49 3583 8355148
    E-mail: [email protected]

Geschäftsführer / CEO: Ondrej Krabs
    Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 34650

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

yah real simple. Signed up, or thought I did, bought the part, then an email that it can't send because I doidn't include my company name.

It is. The company name is "Mailboxde.com GmbH" otherwise the post wont hand them over the parcel (because there is noone with you name there), wich is exactly what happened.

Of course that's easy to understand in "hindsight".

I do the mail where I work and there's lots of packages coming in to the company but with no recepient name on it (so I wouldn't know who to give it to) and the other way around (wich I could accept but with thousands of peaople working there I can't check if the person really works there). So to be on the safe side in terms of insurance I reject a lot of those packages.

#87 5 years ago

NYP, not sure what is going on there. Perhaps a translation breakdown. I didn't have any of the issues that you are noting or any problems filling out the paperwork. I'd be happy to help you with whatever you need filling out the form.

I only posted this because IMO it was easy, and it was valuable. It's something my international buyers do all of the time so it made sense to do it to get parts shipped in.

I thought the instructions were pretty straight forward. They only thing that threw me was the credit.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is. The company name is "Mailboxde.com GmbH" otherwise the post wont hand them over the parcel (because there is noone with you name there), wich is exactly what happened.
    Of course that's easy to understand in "hindsight".
    I do the mail where I work and there's lots of packages coming in to the company but with no recepient name on it (so I wouldn't know who to give it to) and the other way around (wich I could accept but with thousands of peaople working there I can't check if the person really works there). So to be on the safe side in terms of insurance I reject a lot of those packages.

I am on the opposite end, I do the shipping. I don't understand the amount of errors people make when filling out their addy's. I mean I guess autofill is problematic for some, but others I just don't get. Missing street addresses, birthdays in place of company name, etc, etc, etc Then you get the hate mail because their parcel is MIA, only to find out that they gave you the wrong addy. I need a new business.

2 weeks later
    #89 5 years ago

hi, can anyone order something for me to ship to the usa from the pinball center? i just want to get a translite. i contacted pinball center and they sent me to this thread for the work around but this just seems so convoluted to me...

1 month later
    #91 5 years ago

All,
    I work pretty closely with Pinball.Center...
    If you have something specific you'd like imported to the usa; let me know.
    For now; I'm not going to import any "copyprotected" materials (like plastics w/ art) but mechanical parts are a possibility.

#92 5 years ago

Well, I really wanted to buy the color bumper Mylar pieces and some Star Trek data east instruction cards. If you're making a order let me know and take care.

#93 5 years ago

Color bumper Mylar pieces?
    Can you provide direct links to the products your interested in?

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Color bumper Mylar pieces?
    Can you provide direct links to the products your interested in?

I saw these recently and thought it was a great idea.
    looks like five color choices.

POP BUMPER PROTECTOR, YELLOW

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/2750/pop-bumper-protector-yellow

#95 5 years ago

Yes,he's right.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

hi, can anyone order something for me to ship to the usa from the pinball center? i just want to get a translite. i contacted pinball center and they sent me to this thread for the work around but this just seems so convoluted to me...

No different than setting up a mailboxes, etc account. I have dozens of int. customers that do it.

More like a licensing issue-more than likely related to a cease and desist.

Quoted from Zitt:

All,
    I work pretty closely with Pinball.Center...
    If you have something specific you'd like imported to the usa; let me know.
    For now; I'm not going to import any "copyprotected" materials (like plastics w/ art) but mechanical parts are a possibility.

That is awesome of you. I love that you started carrying the colored translucent bodies.

How about these to go with them. Seem better than what is currently on market here: http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/noflix-bumper-light/6711/noflix-bumper-light?c=2974

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

That is awesome of you. I love that you started carrying the colored translucent bodies.

I'm confused; Are you talking about pop bumper bodies?
    If so; That's been something I've stocked for about a year or more.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transparent-sternballywilliams-pop-bumper-bodies

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

How about these to go with them. Seem better than what is currently on market here: http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/noflix-bumper-light/6711/noflix-bumper-light?c=2974

I'll consider it.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm confused; Are you talking about pop bumper bodies?
    If so; That's been something I've stocked for about a year or more.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transparent-sternballywilliams-pop-bumper-bodies

I'll consider it.

I was, we originally did this last year b/c the bodies weren't available and then you started selling them. I am pumped about that.

1 month later
    #99 5 years ago

Wanted everyone to know I just paid a Pinball.Center invoice for the following parts:

Frosted "Clear" Polycarbonate Drop targets in three styles (as a market test):
    Modern Stern
    Legacy Williams
    Data East

Additionally I ordered a small quantity of Pop Bumper Mylar in all colors. I reordered some more Chrome and Gold Popbumper bodies and some #tron-(le) Clear Discs. I ordered some misc parts for customers requested via PM but had one customer backout on the Clear Plastic set for Road Show ... I'll probably put those plastics here on the market place unless someone has specific interest.

Click any of the links above to be taken to the order page to add a stock alert to be notified when they go back in stock.
    Prices are subject to change.

1 week later
    #100 5 years ago

All items now in stock. ^^^^Use the links above^^^^

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center/page/2?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.