Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hassanchop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Into-Darkness-2.jpg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

German reps states on german forum

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1069901#post1069901

We speak English.
    220 V German Star TREK LEs (Steve Ritchie)
    Tax Free Export Paperwork is possible if you have a company outside of Germany. Delivery before Christmas 2013 in 12 cities in Germany.
    8850 EUR including 19% MwSt Tax
    You must order by midnight 09.09.2013.
    Call Pete 0911 56799648

and another http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1069894#post1069894

As the last post is in German I will translate one important sentence and that is that the distributor heard, without garantuee, that the ST will get a TFT display .....

Anyway, pricing is a stunning EUR 8850,- equals approx USD 11.300,-. This is with 19% VAT and is approx USD 1200 more expensive as METLE was in NL. Unbelievable price-increase

If you wanted to buy one with him you had to do this yesterday. Spending USD 11.300,- without any real info, how crazy can it get??

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

German reps states on german forum
    http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?p=1069901#post1069901
    We speak English.
    220 V German Star Trek LEs (Steve Ritchie)
    Tax Free Export Paperwork is possible if you have a company outside of Germany. Delivery before Christmas 2013 in 12 cities in Germany.
    8850 EUR including 19% MwSt Tax
    You must order by midnight 09.09.2013.
    Call Pete 0911 56799648
    As the last post is in German I will translate one important sentence and that is that the distributor heard, without garantuee, that the ST will get a TFT display .....
    Anyway, pricing is a stunning EUR 8850,- equals approx USD 11.300,-. This is with 19% VAT and is approx USD 1200 more expensive as METLE was in NL. Unbelievable price-increase
    If you wanted to buy one with him you had to do this yesterday. Spending USD 11.300,- without any real info, how crazy can it get??

Wow, that Euro price is insane!!!!!!!

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I get a feeling the dollar price may stun us too...Stern felt they left a great deal of money per machine on the table for Metallica.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Welcome to Europe!

#5 10 years ago

Been told $10500 for the LE here in Australia, Metallica LE was $9250.

#6 10 years ago

ACDC was $8995?? for the LE?

#7 10 years ago

Acdc LE was at That time approx usd 9300. Acdc premium is at this moment roughly the same price as a Le was at that moment more than a year ago.

#8 10 years ago

METLE was usd 10000 by the way

Pls do note that Europe pricing is incl taxes, in NL this means also incl 21% VAT

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lordanubis:

Been told $10500 for the LE here in Australia, Metallica LE was $9250.

Yup, and ouch. Almost a $1500 hike, maybe its justified. I guess we'll see what fruit it has soon.

#10 10 years ago

Well I'm out,
    Good luck with that Stern.

#11 10 years ago

Hahahahahaha. Guys at stern can read too. Why should a 20 year old game bee more expensive then there brand new le games?
    15000euro next year

#12 10 years ago

Well, we cannot compare between US and Europe prices because of tax. Add 19.6% for example for France.

The problem is not the Stern price but Ditributors Companies in Europe (2 levels so double extra money)...They do the European market and they love to do a lot of money on our machines.

If we stop to buy at this price, we will get back to normal prices soon, and bye bye Premium/LE....Do you remember LOTR price ? ACDC LE should be the normal version and everyone could enjoy !

Just my2cts.

#13 10 years ago

European prices are always a lot higher due to costs of shipping the game overseas + import tax + VAT. Add to that the markups of every company in between the importer and the party selling to the buyer of the game. Curious to see what USD pricing will be.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

Hahahahahaha. Guys at stern can read too. Why should a 20 year old game bee more expensive then there brand new le games?15000euro next year

Supply and demand sir.....hence the reason the LE's are being sold from individuals for an added mark up or Stern MSRP......ie MOPLE,BIBLE

#15 10 years ago

a standard WOZ is cheaper than a stern LE, old prices or new prices...
    so maybe its better to buy a WOZ than a ST LE...

#16 10 years ago

I remember people saying how a new pinball manufacturer (JJP) would be good for competition. I was skeptical at the time and even moreso now. It's like the space race. Prices just keep going up and up.

#17 10 years ago

Business 101 says if you sell out of something in hours it is priced too low. Should have seen this coming after MET.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Business 101 says if you sell out of something in hours it is priced too low. Should have seen this coming after MET.

Yeah but the problem is they are not real sales. Its the vendors buying them. Now ST may actually hit more homes than Met le or TAVs etc. But this is truly bubble behavior because they are pricing to a false market.
    This is what I lived through with the last several LEs. Release price all sold and then two months later the tank as actual demand prices the games to market.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I get a feeling the dollar price may stun us too...Stern felt they left a great deal of money per machine on the table for Metallica.

Good luck Stern. After Avengers LE and now all the hammer/sparky problems with Metallica ...

..aww what the hell, people will STILL buy their junk sight-unseen LOL

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah but the problem is they are not real sales. Its the vendors buying them. Now ST may actually hit more homes than Met le or TAVs etc. But this is truly bubble behavior because they are pricing to a false market.
    This is what I lived through with the last several LEs. Release price all sold and then two months later the tank as actual demand prices the games to market.

Therein lies the problem. Until distributors stop gobbling up all of the games immediately, stern has no reason not to increase prices. And it's not like distributors can go back to stern and bitch about price. Their selling some games immediately and buying extras in hopes of speculating on them. Good luck complaining about price when you're doing that.

IMO The only way for prices to go down is for stern to be stuck holding the bag, with a warehouse full of unsold games. And the only way for that to happen is for distributors to not buy them.

#21 10 years ago

I put my deposit on ST LE yesterday. My Stern dealer says ST LE = $8,199 USD + tax (I hate tax).

He also says he will have the pins in 2 - 4 weeks!!!

I can't wait!

#22 10 years ago

Whoah dude! Play the hell out of that game...

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rferullo:

I put my deposit on ST LE yesterday. My Stern dealer says ST LE = $8,199 USD + tax (I hate tax).
    I can't wait!

Holy shit. That's almost $8700 with 6% tax. I expected the price increase but not that much.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rferullo:

I can't wait!

If thats true I am out.

#25 10 years ago

For $8199 the game better have some crazy cool features and Tech

#26 10 years ago

That price definitely puts me out of purchasing an LE. The wife would kill me and rightfully so, I'd deserve it for blowing that much on a game.

Here's hoping the premium will be at least reasonable.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah but the problem is they are not real sales. Its the vendors buying them.

Those are very much "real sales" to Stern since they only sell to distributors.

#28 10 years ago

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that the wife doesn't really know exactly how much yet. That's going to be a hard conversation.

#29 10 years ago

Wow..
    That's like $1400 more than MetLE...not including the tax.

Yikes!!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Holy shit. That's almost $8700 with 6% tax. I expected the price increase but not that much.

At that price, how can the flippers and speculators make any money? Thats just not right that the distributors and dealers get to make all the money (sarcasm).

But seriously, that is the assumption that the normal LE buyer would pay the higher prices.

I can't wait to see this play out.

#31 10 years ago

Yeah the premiums are only going up a little bit, but the idea is that the enterprise edition truly is a collector edition and it will reflect that in the price.

#32 10 years ago

with these prices how many flippers are going to have the guts speculating on this title? at least the true collector has a chance of getting the le game from the proper channels and not the garage of a flipper and stern is pocketing more le profits.

#33 10 years ago

Hope so. I get Stern making the money on the truly LE. It should be special, rare and collectible. Just keep the players game at a good price.
    There will be themes I will pay a collector price for and others just for fun.
    If they do it well it could support both .

#35 10 years ago

Just a thought: wait until someone here in North America announces a price.
    We don't have a clue what kind of mark-up this German distributor has built in to the price. He may be gouging.
    Just saying: Relax. Wait til you have solid info to act on.

#36 10 years ago

Read a few lines up .

#37 10 years ago

$15,000 by Christmas

#38 10 years ago

Ugh. Well, still nothing official until we see the announcement by Stern with MSRP but yeah, starting to look nuts.
    Fingers are crossed for you guys. I think I'm out on this title just cause I have other recent purchases but possibly a Premium if the game is great.

#39 10 years ago

Buy the premium. That's what I'm going to do. LE's are for the elite collectors

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rferullo:

I can't wait!

Are you buying it from an in state dealer? I figure they would be the ones to charge sales tax.

#41 10 years ago

Maybe there is an actual reason to the price hike? maybe higher standards at stern and possible upgrades like better clearcoat?

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Maybe there is an actual reason to the price hike? maybe higher standards at stern and possible upgrades like better clearcoat?

Keep being optimistic.

#43 10 years ago

The LE at $500 over premium never made much sense. So here's hoping that the LE price has gone up but Premium pricing will remain the same.

#44 10 years ago

"He also says he will have the pins in 2 - 4 weeks!!!"

Probably not. The production schedule is Pros at the end of the Month, LE's mid-October and premiums after Thanksgiving.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Keep being optimistic.

Or maybe the star trek license is more expensive?

#46 10 years ago

The reason for the price hike is this it has certain distinct features that the premium will not have:
    1. Special etched out side armor(premium will have std black crinkle)
    2. Shaker Motor
    3. Blue DMD
    4. Mirrored Backglass
    5. Signature on playfield
    6. Lastly it is limited and is the enterprise edition

The difference between premium and LE will be a good 1500$

#47 10 years ago

I heard the LE will include new technology that prints money.

#48 10 years ago

Maybe there will be a Lens Flare Special Edition with several player facing LED spotlights in the backbox that go off when certain shots are hit? haha, jk Looking forward to reading more about the details of this pin.

#49 10 years ago

Yeah guys no new technology same system and same dmd.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

The reason for the price hike is this it has certain distinct features that the premium will not have:
    1. Special etched out side armor(premium will have std black crinkle)
    2. Shaker Motor
    3. Blue DMD
    4. Mirrored Backglass
    5. Signature on playfield
    6. Lastly it is limited and is the enterprise edition

The good news is that we can still get a premium and add most of the important features listed later to the premium. Shaker, blue DMD can be added later (I'm sure someone is going to do laser cut side armor). It looks like this time that move will save a ton of cash whereas before it was mostly a wash getting the premium up to LE level.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-distributor-announces-st-le-with-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.