Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sc1f1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballShirts.png
    APR.png
    Titan.png
    GPC.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

November 9th 2013 at Independent www.independentatlanta.com Food & Drinks are available for purchase see website for directions and menu.
    Tournament details are subject to change and update prior to show opening on November 9th.
    Check website for latest info. www.georgiapinball.com

Qualifying:
    Saturday 11am – 5:00pm
    Finals:
    Saturday 6:00pm till winners are crowned
    Tournament entry fee is $20 which includes 6 plays/tickets. Additional tickets are 1 for $5 or 3 for $10. There is no limit on qualification entries. Qualifying ends at posted times. NO REFUNDS will be given on unused tickets.

Players will compete on a bank of 7 pinball machines. Only a player’s single highest score on each machine will be counted. A player’s best scores from a total of any 5 machines will equal your qualifying score from the bank of 7 machines. You don’t have to play all 7 from the bank but it can’t hurt! Since only your best top 5 best scores count a maximum of 500 points is available if you place 1st on all 5 machines. (This could change to a 6 bank/best 4 games depending on machine volunteers)

Making the Finals:
    The top 87 scores on each machine are given points…
    100 points for 1st
    90 points for 2nd
    85 points for 3rd
    84 points for 4th
    …decreasing to 1 point for 87th.

The top 16 players will move on to the finals. The next 8 positions 17 – 24 will have a runner up tournament with prizes as well.
    Finals will consist of PAPA style scoring format. Highest seed picks position or game and the rest follow suit. 4 player Games scored:
    1st 4 points
    2nd 2 points
    3rd 1 points
    4th 0 points

Top 2 players after 3 games moves on from each set.

All Tournament Officials decisions are final.
    Game malfunction rules will generally follow PAPA rules. (posted on site) Rules are fairly the same but some exceptions can/will be made by tournament officials.
    Failure to appear within 5 minutes of designated final times will be grounds for forfeiture and player(s) will be moved up from qualifying to fill the spot(s)
    Bang backs and death saves are NOT allowed.
    If a malfunction occurs during game play, stop immediately and alert a tournament staff member to assist you

Top qualifier at the end of qualifying gets $40

Top 16 Finals

1st place = 40% prize pool + prizes

2nd place = 20% prize pool + prizes

3rd place = 15% prize pool + prizes

4th place = 10% prize pool + prizes

5th place – 8th place Consolation prizes

Runner up finals

1st place = 10% prize pool + prizes

2nd place = 5% prize pool + prizes

3rd place– 4th place Consolation prizes

Consolation prizes include shirts, pinball sets and free entry passes to the next tournament.

Registrations are open. So please sign up early if you plan to attend. Gifts for early sign ups

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like fun! I've never been to a tournament before. Do you usually post what machines will be there before it starts or is that kept secret?

#3 10 years ago

How is the space? Bigger or smaller than Joystick was?

#4 10 years ago

Line up at the moment

Dirty Harry
    Dr. Who
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Metallica
    Paragon
    8 Ball or Taxi

A couple may change prior to the event.

Do you visit Bumpernets in Birmingham? They have a league and tournaments.
    They are having a Star Trek Release party tournament soon.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How is the space? Bigger or smaller than Joystick was?

Bigger

2 weeks later
    #6 10 years ago

GPC.jpgGPC.jpg
    Added to Pinside Events

#7 10 years ago

Looking good! Excited that I can actually make it this time around.

#8 10 years ago

Just FYI, that is the Gottlieb Hulk. Curious as to who is bringing their DW, Al? Gonna be a great time.

#9 10 years ago

Remember to register early to be included for the drawing

1 week later
    #10 10 years ago

Bamp.

#11 10 years ago

THE BASICS
    1. Please keep your Player Number visible for the scorekeepers. (We'll provide the sticker)

2) Do not start a game before an official puts you in the queue with the tablet and then instructs you to start the game.

3) Do not walk away from the game! Raise your hand and wait for the scorekeeper to enter your completed game. You can either have your score entered or void that entry. Players that walk away without having the score verified will forfeit that game and the entry will be voided. NO REFUNDS SO PAY ATTENTION!

4) Your highest score on 5 Separate Machines is what counts. So play at least 5 machines or try your luck on all 7!

5) QUALIFYING IS A BIG DEAL! The highest ranked qualifier in each group of finalist gets to pick game OR position in your group in the finals.

6) HAVE FUN! And ask an official if you have any questions.

Please practice good sportsmanship and remember that these machines have been donated by fellow collectors for our tournament use. Treat them as well as (or better than) you’d treat your own.

DO NOT BANG ON THE MACHINES OR LOCKDOWN BAR! You will be warned once and then you will be disqualified for the 2nd offense!

#12 10 years ago

Big Shout out to my local sponsors!! If you need repairs in Atlanta call www.AtlantaPinballRepair.com! They also sell pins. Looking for the latest in cool LEDs, balls, rubbers and more?? Titan Pinball's site will be up and running shortly! If you're like me and love to whore a pinball shirt everywhere I go then you should check out www.Pinballshirts.com for some cool shirts, signs and more. They have more designs coming up all the time.

#13 10 years ago

Titan.pngTitan.pngAPR.pngAPR.pngPinballShirts.pngPinballShirts.png

#14 10 years ago

I just want to say thanks to all those that came and supported this event and The Independent. You all made this a great first GA Pinball Classic. The Sponsors: AtlantaPinballRepair.com, Pinballshirts.com, TitanPinball.com and PinballLife.com. Pinball Machine volunteers: Al W., Mark J., John S. and Robby H. without you guys this event would not have happened. So a big thanks to you guys for bringing in your pins for us to enjoy. I know it stinks leaving late and carrying them home. I had 3 and truck load of gear so I know it’s a pain but I truly enjoy meeting new faces and bringing more people to pinball.
    Scorekeepers: Mark A. Chris C. Chris W. Matt K. Paul K. & Mark K. Thank for volunteering your time and giving my brother in law and I a break to eat and play a couple entries. (I hope I didn’t forget anyone)
    The Independent for opening up early and allowing us to run this event! They were a great host.
    Thanks to Runa and the gang there.
    Thanks to the people that helped load and unload all our gear. Chris C. Scott K. Al W. Mark J. Joel R. Dana R. Bryan G. Matt K. and I know I’m forgetting someone but thanks to all of you.
    A huge thanks to my wife for putting up with me freaking out the week prior and being stressed to hell. And her tournament front counter and scoring management. She also kept me organized the whole week getting everything I needed to bring for the event. Thanks to the best wife ever.
    It pretty much ran smooth other than a time zone issue in the database settings. Thanks to Paul K for coming over and putting a second set of eyes on it and helping me with the quick fix. That momentary shut down of the system about sent me in an anxiety attack lol. Luckily we pushed the end of the tournament date in the software out one day and then the scorekeepers were able to get log back in and we kept on trucking. Every now and then the pages logging the scores slowed down a bit but overall I really like the software and will be using it permanently going forward.
    It was so cool seeing 4 people from 4 different states in the final match. AL, TN, FL and GA (with the win)
    We had 5 states represented that I know of total which included some guys from NC.
    I’ll post the qualifying and finals results shortly. I didn’t do anything yesterday but recover

#15 10 years ago

The event went off really well. Everyone commented about how well it ran after the glitch was resolved. Good thinking on Paul's part to figure it out.

It was a blast to play in and it was fun seeing people enjoying my game. Unfortunately, my Doctor Who's Tardis VUK "Plunger" broke so it wasn't used in part of the finals. Prior to that, the lines were huge to play it. Neat to see what was considered for years to be a "B" game to be so popular.

I'm hoping super glue will fix the VUK - I'll know tonight!

The event was really awesome and Bryan and company should be proud of it! And thanks to "The Independant" for accommodating us.

And my playing REALLY sucked! Still fun to be there and talk to people and stuff.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

The event went off really well. Everyone commented about how well it ran after the glitch was resolved. Good thinking on Paul's part to figure it out.
    It was a blast to play in and it was fun seeing people enjoying my game. Unfortunately, my Doctor Who's Tardis VUK "Plunger" broke so it wasn't used in part of the finals. Prior to that, the lines were huge to play it. Neat to see what was considered for years to be a "B" game to be so popular.
    I'm hoping super glue will fix the VUK - I'll know tonight!
    The event was really awesome and Bryan and company should be proud of it! And thanks to "The Independant" for accommodating us.
    And my playing REALLY sucked! Still fun to be there and talk to people and stuff.

I am glad you brought DW. My first play on it was 12 million and I wasn't going to go back to it after that. Glad I did, actually left with one victory, top score for the day and very proud to have put initials on one of your machines.

#17 10 years ago

Georgia Pinball Classic Final Results

1 John Schlarb $635 + Titan Pinball Package + Star Trek Translite+ Trophy
    2 Will McKinney $315 + Titan Pinball Package + Atlanta Pinball Repair's Powder Coated Legs w/levelers & bolts.
    3 Joe Geneau $240 + Titan Pinball Package + Pinballshirts.com's signs
    4 Chris Warren $160 + Shirt from Pinballshirts.com
    5 Scott Kutheis Shirt from Pinballshirts.com + Leg protector set from Atlanta Pinball Repair
    6 Mark Kiefert Shirt from Pinballshirts.com + Pingulp from Terry @ PinballLife.com
    7 Tony Pierce Shirt from Pinballshirts.com
    8 Paul Kiefert Free entry to next Georgia Pinball Org's next event
    9 Bryan Broyles
    10 Casey Bryson
    11 Chad Hyatt
    12 Chris Compton
    13 Josh Karg
    14 Robby Hay
    15 Preston Burt
    16 Charlie Gehlhaus

Runners up tournament (B div) No restricted players
    1 Nick McKinney $160 + Titan Pinball Package + Trophy
    2 Tyler White $75 + Titan Pinball Package
    3 Aaron Williams Titan Pinball Package + Pins & Vids DVD from Pinballshirts.com
    4 Mark Jarzewiak Free entry to next Georgia Pinball Org's next event
    5 Matt Kiser
    6 James Loflin
    7 Alexander Ward (Alex)
    8 Tony Teixeira

Georgia Pinball Classic Open Division Qualifying

1 Chris Warren
    2 Chris Compton
    3 Tony Pierce
    4 Josh Karg
    5 Robby Hay
    6 Casey Bryson
    7 Charlie Gehlhaus
    8 Chad Hyatt
    9 Preston Burt
    10 Joe Geneau
    11 Paul Kiefert
    12 Will McKinney
    13 Scott Kutheis
    14 Bryan Broyles
    15 Mark Kiefert
    16 John Schlarb
    17 Nick McKinney
    18 Aaron Williams
    19 Matt Kiser
    20 Mark Jarzewiak
    21 James Loflin
    22 Alexander Ward
    23 Tyler White
    24 Tony Teixeira
    25 Jaz Jarzewiak
    26 Scott McNerney
    27 Al Warner
    28 Bryan Grantham
    29 Joel Reeves
    30 Darryl Schwartz
    31 Lauren Emmel
    32 Jon Frisco
    33 Greg Banister
    34 Matt Gard
    35 Alex Krumbach
    36 Sara Gard
    37 Nick Lusk
    38 Annie Lusk
    39 Jason Loss
    40 Michael Botelho
    41 Mark Andrews
    42 Andrea Gianiono
    43 Kinney Bacon
    44 Dana Reeves

Al Warner took the PinballLife T-Shirt drawing for preregisters. We also gave away plenty of swag from The Independent (shirts, sandals, hats and etc) for preregisters as well.
    Chris Warren took $40 for Top Qualifier

#19 10 years ago

About half of the A division qualifiers were from out of state, which is awesome. Thanks for coming out and keeping us on our toes!

#20 10 years ago

Looks like my finals placing was spot on, 20th in both, next time I hope to get into that top bracket!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/georgia-pinball-classic-november-9th-atlanta-ga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.