Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by awarner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

First-Place-GA-Pinball-Open.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Not my event but I didn't find a post on Pinside about it. Great tournament with a great line-up.

Line up at the moment (but can change prior to the event)
    Dirty Harry
    Dr. Who
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Metallica
    Paragon
    8 Ball or Taxi

Qualifying 11AM to 5PM eastern. Finals 6PM till......

Held at The Independent, 931 Monroe Dr. NE, Atlanta.

http://www.georgiapinball.com/

#2 10 years ago

Think Sc1f1 did have a post somewhere but thanks for bringing back to the front page. Looking forward to packing up my machine. Will be hopefully also picking up my Centaur tomorrow! Look forward to seeing everyone there.

#3 10 years ago

Bump, 'cause it starts tomorrow AM! Be there or be square.......

#4 10 years ago

Mata Hari
    Dr. Who
    Hulk
    Metallica
    Iron Man
    Dirty Harry
    Pioneer

Small line up change

#5 10 years ago

Hmmm, I owned a Pioneer. Nice switch.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skrippy:

Mata Hari
    Dr. Who
    Hulk
    Metallica
    Iron Man
    Dirty Harry
    Pioneer
    Small line up change

That was the line-up except Paragon was put in place of Pioneer. Great tournament! Great line-up and great location. Around 40 players. John Schlarb from Georgia came in 1st, Will McKinney from Nashville was 2nd, Joe(sorry I don't remember your last name) from Florida was 3rd, and yours truly(Chris Warren) from Alabama was 4th. Huge thanks to Bryan and his wife for putting this on!

#7 10 years ago

3rd was Joe Geneau from Fl. Thanks to all that came out. Glad to try DH. Still hate MT and IM, they always kick my a$$. Thanks again to sc1f1 for running things.

#8 10 years ago

I was first to post a score on Hulk I believe and I was super surprised to see the score last as the top score for the entire 6 hours of qualifying.

Happy finally breaking out of the first playoffs round too making to the second round, only to determine all my mojo was spent on the first playoff round.

Oh well. Came in 15th in at the Georgia Open, came in 8th at this Georgia Classic, so I guess that's an improvement.

Great job again Bryan and team.

#9 10 years ago

Actually you were second on the Hulk. I fixed a switch (too tightly adjusted) and the game served honorably the rest of the day. I told you ~300,000 was a good score. One day I hope to flip it. Also hope from now on those era games go 5 ball. Even at 5 ball rounds would go quicker. No more of this 20 minute gametime on Sterns. Boo Sterns (unless maybe Tron or older Sterns).

Congrats on your improvement.

#10 10 years ago

great tournament! we had a lot of fun and hope to see you guys at SPF in a couple weeks. making new pinball friends is always a good time, never fails.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from joegeno:

great tournament! we had a lot of fun and hope to see you guys at SPF in a couple weeks. making new pinball friends is always a good time, never fails.

Make sure to get that sound board for your Genie! Now you and Bryan can argue about who wants the Hulk.

#12 10 years ago

Bryan & co. Ran a great tournament. Congrats to John & the top 4. The finals saw some pretty nice pinball being played.

#13 10 years ago

First tourney I've played in over 5 years. Bryan did a fantastic job! We had a great time. Thanks Bryan!

#14 10 years ago

Really enjoyed the tournament. Very well run and I hope to be at the next one.

And now I want a Paragon...

#15 10 years ago

Paragon will need to give me a very sincere apology before I entertain owning one again.

Paragon and I do not see eye to eye. I just wanted to make it through the night not getting DFB'd. Alas, during the second round of finals it happened.

<SIGH>

#16 10 years ago

I had a great time! I did not justify my 5th place qualifying spot at all by coming in 14th, gross.

I'm glad Mata Hari help up so nicely! And that it was the final game. What stellar final round!

#17 10 years ago

First tournament - had a great time. Still developing my skillz! I never played Paragon before and will never play it again.
    Thanks to Bryan for the set up. Well done! Alot of great players/collectors/people there. It was a blast to meet so many local pinballers at one time!
    Thanks
    Greg Banister

#18 10 years ago

Cue Bill Murray from Caddyshack: "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

It could be said that getting to play my own game (DH) helped me, but I had to EARN the right to pick DH in the final round. I was awful on IM, consistent with the idea that playing another example of your own game can be hard. My real golden ticket game was Mata Hari, which is pretty funny since my qualifying score on MH was the lowest one of the day.

Anyway, it's good to be a gangsta:

First-Place-GA-Pinball-Open.jpgFirst-Place-GA-Pinball-Open.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I also want to say that the absolute best thing about winning was seeing my son post about it on FB (implying, but not quite saying, that he was proud of me). That's gold, if you're the parent of a teen.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Cue Bill Murray from Caddyshack: "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"
    It could be said that getting to play my own game (DH) helped me, but I had to EARN the right to pick DH in the final round. I was awful on IM, consistent with the idea that playing another example of your own game can be hard. My real golden ticket game was Mata Hari, which is pretty funny since my qualifying score on MH was the lowest one of the day.
    Anyway, it's good to be a gangsta:

First-Place-GA-Pinball-Open.jpg 95 KB

Gunga La Gunga! You are the Dali Llama now....

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That was the line-up except Paragon was put in place of Pioneer. Great tournament! Great line-up and great location. Around 40 players. Will McKinney from Nashville was 2nd, Joe(sorry I don't remember your last name) from Florida was 3rd, and yours truly(Chris Warren) from Alabama was 4th. Huge thanks to Bryan and his wife for putting this on!

Congratulations Will, Joe and Chris. Glad to see those who traveled from out of state making a good showing and got rewarded for their travel.

#22 10 years ago

I had a blast. Bryan put on a great event!! First class all the way.

#23 10 years ago

I just want to say thanks to all those that came and supported this event and The Independent. You all made this a great first GA Pinball Classic. The Sponsors: AtlantaPinballRepair.com, Pinballshirts.com, TitanPinball.com and PinballLife.com. Pinball Machine volunteers: Al W., Mark J., John S. and Robby H. without you guys this event would not have happened. So a big thanks to you guys for bringing in your pins for us to enjoy. I know it stinks leaving late and carrying them home. I had 3 and truck load of gear so I know it’s a pain but I truly enjoy meeting new faces and bringing more people to pinball.
    Scorekeepers: Mark A. Chris C. Chris W. Matt K. Paul K. & Mark K. Thank for volunteering your time and giving my brother in law and I a break to eat and play a couple entries. (I hope I didn’t forget anyone)
    The Independent for opening up early and allowing us to run this event! They were a great host.
    Thanks to Runa and the gang there.
    Thanks to the people that helped load and unload all our gear. Chris C. Scott K. Al W. Mark J. Joel R. Dana R. Bryan G. Matt K. and I know I’m forgetting someone but thanks to all of you.
    A huge thanks to my wife for putting up with me freaking out the week prior and being stressed to hell. And her tournament front counter and scoring management. She also kept me organized the whole week getting everything I needed to bring for the event. Thanks to the best wife ever.
    It pretty much ran smooth other than a time zone issue in the database settings. Thanks to Paul K for coming over and putting a second set of eyes on it and helping me with the quick fix. That momentary shut down of the system about sent me in an anxiety attack lol. Luckily we pushed the end of the tournament date in the software out one day and then the scorekeepers were able to get log back in and we kept on trucking. Every now and then the pages logging the scores slowed down a bit but overall I really like the software and will be using it permanently going forward.
    It was so cool seeing 4 people from 4 different states in the final match. AL, TN, FL and GA (with the win)
    We had 5 states represented that I know of total which included some guys from NC.
    I’ll post the qualifying and finals results shortly. I didn’t do anything yesterday but recover

#24 10 years ago

Georgia Pinball Classic Final Results

1 John Schlarb $635 + Titan Pinball Package + Star Trek Translite+ Trophy
    2 Will McKinney $315 + Titan Pinball Package + Atlanta Pinball Repair's Powder Coated Legs w/levelers& bolts.
    3 Joe Geneau $240 + Titan Pinball Package + Pinballshirts.com's signs
    4 Chris Warren $160 + Shirt from Pinballshirts.com
    5 Scott Kutheis Shirt from Pinballshirts.com + Leg protector set from Atlanta Pinball Repair
    6 Mark Kiefert Shirt from Pinballshirts.com + Pingulp from Terry @ PinballLife.com
    7 Tony Pierce Shirt from Pinballshirts.com
    8 Paul Kiefert Free entry to next Georgia Pinball Org's next event
    9 Bryan Broyles
    10 Casey Bryson
    11 Chad Hyatt
    12 Chris Compton
    13 Josh Karg
    14 Robby Hay
    15 Preston Burt
    16 Charlie Gehlhaus

Runners up tournament (B div) No restricted players
    1 Nick McKinney $160 + Titan Pinball Package + Trophy
    2 Tyler White $75 + Titan Pinball Package
    3 Aaron Williams Titan Pinball Package + Pins & Vids DVD from Pinballshirts.com
    4 Mark Jarzewiak Free entry to next Georgia Pinball Org's next event
    5 Matt Kiser
    6 James Loflin
    7 Alexander Ward (Alex)
    8 Tony Teixeira

Al Warner took the PinballLife T-Shirt drawing for preregisters. We also gave away plenty of swag from The Independent (shirts, sandals, hats and etc) for preregisters as well.
    Chris Warren took $40 for Top Qualifier

Georgia Pinball Classic Open Division Qualifying

1 Chris Warren
    2 Chris Compton
    3 Tony Pierce
    4 Josh Karg
    5 Robby Hay
    6 Casey Bryson
    7 Charlie Gehlhaus
    8 Chad Hyatt
    9 Preston Burt
    10 Joe Geneau
    11 Paul Kiefert
    12 Will McKinney
    13 Scott Kutheis
    14 Bryan Broyles
    15 Mark Kiefert
    16 John Schlarb
    17 Nick McKinney
    18 Aaron Williams
    19 Matt Kiser
    20 Mark Jarzewiak
    21 James Loflin
    22 Alexander Ward
    23 Tyler White
    24 Tony Teixeira
    25 Jaz Jarzewiak
    26 Scott McNerney
    27 Al Warner
    28 Bryan Grantham
    29 Joel Reeves
    30 Darryl Schwartz
    31 Lauren Emmel
    32 Jon Frisco
    33 Greg Banister
    34 Matt Gard
    35 Alex Krumbach
    36 Sara Gard
    37 Nick Lusk
    38 Annie Lusk
    39 Jason Loss
    40 Michael Botelho
    41 Mark Andrews
    42 Andrea Gianiono
    43 Kinney Bacon
    44 Dana Reeves

#25 10 years ago

Yeah - I was in 19th forever, then 22nd, then 24th. I tried to play some games to get back up, but it was too late for me... 27th. Still it was an awesome event and it was great seeing everyone. And it was awesome because of Sc1f1 and Lady Sc1f1 and everyone that helped.

Rock and Roll!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/georgia-pinball-classic-nov9th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.