(Topic ID: 215530)

Georgia / Atlanta / nearby area Repair Group Meet Ups any interest?

By BertoDRINK1

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ballbaron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Play ball 4 (resized).jpg
    Play ball 3 (resized).jpg
    Play Ball 2 (resized).jpg
    Play ball 1 (resized).jpg
    Play ball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BertoDRINK1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello all, I am trying to so see if there is any interest in a Repair/Rehab Group Meet Ups in the Georgia / Atlanta, North Florida, Auburn AL or any surrounding area? The forums are a great place for help but I don't always want to be working alone in my garage or shed trouble shooting issues or repairing things alone.

I am into both Pinball and Arcades and always have a long list of things to work on and wanted to see if a few people would want to meet up at random locations people's houses maybe even the local shows and work on things together. I very much like playing in pinball tournaments for the camaraderie with other people with the same interests in pinball but i am not a good player and will just always be donating to the prize pot for the better players and that is fine anything to help the hobby keep growing and alive.

I am always going to want to be able to repair my own issues but there is so much in these hobbies from wood work cabinet repair, monitor issues, mechanical issues with pinball then everyone's favorite electronic issues with pcb's. I don't mind sending things to experts but still like to be able to give things some sort of evaluation.

So just trying to see if there is any interest in small meet Ups. I have one of those commercial 10x10 tents a few folding tables and chairs we could set up in someone's driveway with a few extension cords if that is all we had might want that anyway if we are trying to work on some cabinet repair. I would love to learn more in this hobby and meet more people on a more personal note than just across the internet.

Let me know if there is any interest in this in any of the surrounding areas I don't mind traveling if I can learn something or help someone fix something.

Thanks Alberto

A few things I'll be working on the next couple weeks

-finish sanding and prepping a Comet playfield for a Hardtop install

-stencil the Comet cabinet

-install playfield protector on my Spiderman

-repair my Street Fighter2 monitor chassis K7000 that has vertical collapse

-prep and install new decals on my Pacman cabaret and repair the dead monitor chassis G07 FBO

-prep donor pinball cab for decals and transfer everything to donor cabinet, shop out the playfield

-continue troubleshooting my Blackout for over a year now being stubborn and determined to figure out the electronic issues before I just buy all new boards for it

And on and on my list is always going.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from GrimDog:

http://gapas.net/?page_id=2
    I would join the GAPAS mailing list and ask there.

Yep I'm on that list already actually posted there also a couple days ago.
    Posted on KLOV also

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

I will be setting up a repair area in Opelika / Auburn AL in the next couple weeks if there is any interest to come and join us for repairs or more casual beer drinking and game play just hit me up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BertoDRINK1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/georgia-atlanta-nearby-area-repair-group-meet-ups-any-interest?tu=BertoDRINK1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.