• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gizmonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Double facepalm.jpg
4FA3096E-B41D-47E9-994C-CAC4B0E52FC7-327-000000321268D87A_tmp (resized).png

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

What the hell is a "poof"?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What the hell is a "poof"?

Derogatory slang for a gay person.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Never heard of this word "Poof" used in that way before.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Indeed.

rd

#55 7 years ago

So, wait a minute. Motorhead did your concrete? Cool!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If that is really what he is saying, how is this o.k.?! I'm thinking it's pretty blatantly disgusting that it's being accepted here or anywhere else for that matter.

Edit: I see the ignorant post has been removed. Thank you, mods

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Just quoting what George Michael said himself. He didn't give a fuck

He said (paraphrasing) "it's okay to be a poof"

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

So, wait a minute. Motorhead did your concrete? Cool!

Drew (the concrete guy) was almost as craggy as Lemmy. And probably drank as much too.

When I first met him about 20 years ago, he gave me his business card. The next day I rang the number on it, and the guy who answered said "hello, Kaiaua Tavern" ... which is a country pub out my way. Confused, I said "ummm hello ... is Drew there?" ... "yeah, I'll get him for you...". His business phone number was the pub. He was there whenever he wasn't laying concrete.

And that's what got him. Liver problems and then liver cancer. Bummer.

rd

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

It's just a quote from Monty Python.
Don't get your knickers all up

#60 7 years ago

It's somewhat embarrassing for me to admit that I was a big fan of Wham when I was a young kid. It's probably one of the first albums I ever owned on cassette. RIP George.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

It's just a quote from Monty Python.
Don't get your knickers all up

It's 2017 0geist0, it's the year of knicker twisting!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's somewhat embarrassing for me to admit that I was a big fan of Wham when I was a young kid. It's probably one of the first albums I ever owned on cassette. RIP George.

Don't be embarrassed, that was before the days of the internet and downloading music or streaming. You listened to what was programmed on the radio and what was on MTV.

Amazing how the album "Frampton Comes Alive" sold so well but no one will admit to buying a copy.

#63 7 years ago

Knickers! Funny stuff.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's somewhat embarrassing for me to admit that I was a big fan of Wham when I was a young kid.

Agreed it shouldn't be at all. It's not like you were in your 20s and liked the Spin Doctors...that's the embarrassing shit.

#65 7 years ago

Shatner will never die.

Ron...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You did the same tired bit in the Muhammad Ali thread. You get off on celebrities dying, it's an odd fetish, and you chastise others for caring. That's also an odd fetish.
Thanks for providing a link to a list of names of people you didn't know existed until 10 minutes ago - googling that link, and not even being bothered to copy and past the names yourself really shows your commitment to the people who protect us. You sure are caring about the right dead people, we can all learn a lot from you. I look forward to the next celebrity death so we can go over this again.
Just please don't do it when Shatner dies. Have some decency!!!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-michael-dead-at-53/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.