• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gizmonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Double facepalm.jpg
4FA3096E-B41D-47E9-994C-CAC4B0E52FC7-327-000000321268D87A_tmp (resized).png

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Can't wake him up before we go-go now. RIP George.

It's been a bad year for musicians.

#2 7 years ago

CNN headline reads "Last Christmas".

Can't decide if that is really mean or really funny

#3 7 years ago

Sure died young, have not heard how.

#4 7 years ago

Stiffs.com wrote:

Trying to narrow down cause of death. Possibilities:

- Boom boom in heart
- Jitterbug in brain
- Hanging like Yo Yo
- Years of drug use and driving under the influence

Has to be one of those.

#5 7 years ago

4FA3096E-B41D-47E9-994C-CAC4B0E52FC7-327-000000321268D87A_tmp (resized).png4FA3096E-B41D-47E9-994C-CAC4B0E52FC7-327-000000321268D87A_tmp (resized).png

#6 7 years ago

Wham! Pinball reported in the works by stern.....

#7 7 years ago

You guys are mean.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Stiffs.com wrote:
- Boom boom in heart
- Jitterbug in brain
- Hanging like Yo Yo
Has to be one of those.

You're missing one.

#9 7 years ago

Drugs do a body good.

#10 7 years ago

Heart failure. RIP

#11 7 years ago

The reports I've heard say he died of heart failure. 53 years old too. You just never know...

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

The reports I've heard say he died of heart failure. 53 years old too. You just never know...

Yes, heart failure at 53 is likely secondary to underlying disease (cardiomyopathy). Causes could be multiple. He died "in peace" which sounds to be expected and planned. Makes acute illness less likely. Substance induced, alcohol induced, hypertensive, embolic, viral or bacterial induced, or smoking.

God rest his soul. Too young for any of us. My assumption would lead down the infectious options till shown otherwise.

#13 7 years ago

The guy who laid my concrete died this year. Really nice guy who did a good honest job to the best of his ability.

Unfortunately he didn't make the news.

rd

#15 7 years ago

He left us with a story to remember.

#16 7 years ago

The one from the washroom at the park?

#17 7 years ago

When people die so young and are so talented it sets off a shock. Then the inevitable, "what happened?" question pops right up. I realize it states his heart gave out, but that could be a by product of something more sinister, (drugs) or personal (disease). In any case, if his family wants to keep it private, I hope they get that privacy.

My memory of George Michael is when he had the scruff and tight jeans. My buddy resembles him a little bit and tried to copy the look. I laughed my ass off one night as we went out, but the joke was on me as it worked. The girls loved it.

Too bad he left the world so soon. It is a tragedy when anybody dies before they should.

#18 7 years ago

I'm sure he's kickin it in heaven. I'm sure he gotta have faith

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

When people die so young and are so talented it sets off a shock. Then the inevitable, "what happened?" question pops right up. I realize it states his heart gave out, but that could be a by product of something more sinister, (drugs) or personal (disease). In any case, if his family wants to keep it private, I hope they get that privacy.
My memory of George Michael is when he had the scruff and tight jeans. My buddy resembles him a little bit and tried to copy the look. I laughed my ass off one night as we went out, but the joke was on me as it worked. The girls loved it.
Too bad he left the world so soon. It is a tragedy when anybody dies before they should.

He was a drinker, probably did lots of coke, and recent pics show him kind of fat/bloated. He wasn't well. It really could have been suicide, OD, general Elvis-type deterioration, or some kind of long time illness. rich people don't die of AIDS anymore so I highly doubt it was that.

#20 7 years ago

What a waste of talent. Too bad. Travis Meeks will most likely be next.

#21 7 years ago

Just when you thought 2016 couldn't get any worse then.....Wham!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Just when you thought 2016 couldn't get any worse then.....Wham!

Carrie Fisher passed away earlier today as well.

#23 7 years ago

Who cares about these overrated hacks?
How many more important people have died recently>
Our military people come to mind for me.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Who cares about these overrated hacks?
How many more important people have died recently>
Our military people come to mind for me.

Really?

Ok, tell us about some of the "military people" you have been mourning this week. Please provide names.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?
Ok, tell us about some of the "military people" you have been mourning this week. Please provide names.

Where did I say I was mourning?
I know you couldn't care less about those that keep us safe.
However I do. So enjoy your life and your hate for those that feel differently than you do.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Where did I say I was mourning?
I know you couldn't care less about those that keep us safe.
However I do. So enjoy your life and your hate for those that feel differently than you do.

Where did I say I was hating?

Look dude, you keep telling us we are all caring about the wrong dead people. You can care about lots of dead people. or none of 'em. Either way you sound like a buffoon. Do you know how petty it sounds to CELEBRATE the death of a celebrity (which you do all the time), while at the same time chastising others for not caring about "the military people" you can't even name?

Thanks for the tolerance lessons. Enjoy your love for those that feel differently than you do.

#27 7 years ago

I keep telling you? I made one post, not 100. WTF are you talking about?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where did I say I was hating?
Look dude, you keep telling us we are all caring about the wrong dead people. You can care about lots of dead people. or none of 'em. Either way you sound like a buffoon. Do you know how petty it sounds to CELEBRATE the death of a celebrity (which you do all the time), while at the same time chastising others for not caring about "the military people" you can't even name?
Thanks for the tolerance lessons. Enjoy your love for those that feel differently than you do.

First off I ain't no Dude, second I don't keep telling you anything, third where is the "I do it all the time" posts that you're talking about?
You want names? Here you go.
http://icasualties.org/oef/Fatalities.aspx

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

First off I ain't no Dude, second I don't keep telling you anything, third where is the "I do it all the time" posts that you're talking about?
You want names? Here you go.
http://icasualties.org/oef/Fatalities.aspx

You did the same tired bit in the Muhammad Ali thread. You get off on celebrities dying, it's an odd fetish, and you chastise others for caring. That's also an odd fetish.

Thanks for providing a link to a list of names of people you didn't know existed until 10 minutes ago - googling that link, and not even being bothered to copy and past the names yourself really shows your commitment to the people who protect us. You sure are caring about the right dead people, we can all learn a lot from you. I look forward to the next celebrity death so we can go over this again.

Just please don't do it when Shatner dies. Have some decency!!!

#31 7 years ago

(Post deleted by Mod team)

#32 7 years ago

Way too young. RIP.

#33 7 years ago

These RIP threads are getting old fast. This is not the obituary section folks, and if I want news I will watch CNN.

-Please keep RIP threads off Pinside unless it is out of respect for someone involved directly with something pinball related. My.02

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

These RIP threads are getting old fast. This is not the obituary section folks, and if I want news I will watch CNN.
-Please keep RIP threads off Pinside unless it is out of respect for someone involved directly with something pinball related. These have been "off-topic" what more do you want? My.02

But threads about cars and going to see movies and drinking beer on st patties day, they get to stay right? Joke of the day, perfectly fine...

-please don't tell people to keep their posts pinball related, when you yourself do not. My .02

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

But threads about cars and going to see movies and drinking beer on st patties day, they get to stay right? Joke of the day, perfectly fine...
-please don't tell people to keep their posts pinball related, when you yourself do not. My .02

Discussing other hobbies like cars, motorcycles, and yes drinking beer all qualify for good 'off topic' threads but when people start posting daily news bs it tends to get old quickly. When Leonard Nimoy died and a thread was created it made sense because of all of the Star Trek Next Generation pinball fans, including myself. I truly was saddened by the news. My point is yes there is an off topic section but do we really need to post every time someone passes away, even though it has nothing to do with pinball? It is off topic and people can post what they choose, but posting daily news is pathetic to say the least. George Michael dying is not my idea of a good off topic subject. My .02

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Discussing other hobbies like cars, motorcycles, and yes drinking beer all qualify for good 'off topic' threads but when people start posting daily news bs it tends to get old quickly. When Leonard Nimoy died and a thread was created it made sense because of all of the Star Trek Next Generation pinball fans, including myself. I truly was saddened by the news. My point is yes there is an off topic section but do we really need to post every time someone passes away, even though it has nothing to do with pinball? It is off topic and people can post what they choose, but posting daily news is pathetic to say the least. George Michael dying is not my idea of a good off topic subject. My .02

I guess we should run everyone's death pass you then to see if it qualifies for pinside. I recently started a rip thread about Duck Edwing. I did so because there are many people that share my hobby of pinball and are around my age which I felt meant may share other common hobbies and care when someone who we never met but had an influence on us may have passed. Turns out I was right, because a fellow pinsider who i have never met or had any interaction with before offered his collection of Mad magazines to me because he thought i would appreciate them. Pretty fricken cool. Thank you pinside!

George Michael had very little impact on my life, but who am i to judge his impact on others. This thread sure didn't bother me, hope my Duck thread didn't bother you.

-I get alot of my news from pinside...

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

-I get alot of my news from pinside...

That's is good but I personally prefer NBC for my news updates.

You can post anything you choose in off topic, it is not regulated and nor should it be. It really comes down to common sense and etiquette. People are literally posting every time someone in the news passes away. Some of these threads are very tasteless with the tacky comments and jokes portrayed at the person who recently passed away. It is called respect and many keyboard warriors have little respect when it comes to honoring someone's life.

Your post in this thread drives my point across. This post is not only tacky but disrespectful-IMO...

Quoted from janus:

Stiffs.com wrote:
- Boom boom in heart
- Jitterbug in brain
- Hanging like Yo Yo
Has to be one of those.

#38 7 years ago

No, that's funny and why we're in the lounge...

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

No, that's funny and why we're in the lounge...

No it is not funny and with the close proximity to his death it is just plain wrong. I am curious-How old are you?

Double facepalm.jpgDouble facepalm.jpg

#40 7 years ago

I'm 41. I think it's funny. I also think you tried way too hard to save face. You win.

#41 7 years ago

If you don't want to read a RIP thread don't click on it?

#42 7 years ago

Listen without Prejudice Vol. 1 was imo his finest work. It was a source of comfort for many military families during Operation desert storm.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

...and drain it.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Almost seems easy.

#45 7 years ago

Preliminary autopsy reports came through inconclusive, with more testing to be conducted. the coroner did note the presence of a gerbil in his rectum, though.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Preliminary autopsy reports came through inconclusive, with more testing to be conducted. the coroner did note the presence of a gerbil in his rectum, though.

Keep your day job, Tex.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The guy who laid my concrete died this year. Really nice guy who did a good honest job to the best of his ability.
Unfortunately he didn't make the news.
rd

Yeaaahhhh um. The concrete layer didn't sell millions of records and made it okay to be a "poof" in the main eye of the media

And yet when Lemmy shot off, you were all R.I.P blah blah blah

Double standards ginger bollocks

#48 7 years ago

Sad to see him go so unexpectedly, the way he handled his outing did a lot to advance acceptance of LGBT artists, and the news of his work for charities is really touching.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Yeaaahhhh um. The concrete layer didn't sell millions of records and made it okay to be a "poof" in the main eye of the media
And yet when Lemmy shot off, you were all R.I.P blah blah blah
Double standards ginger bollocks

Thanks for your input.

rd

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks for your input.
rd

Welcome xxxx

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-michael-dead-at-53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.