(Topic ID: 33663)

George Gomez. More AV's vids? News on correcting issues. Crickets?

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
image.jpg
ACDC_TRAP.jpg
image.jpg
FSC.jpeg
Angry.gif
Aww.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shpwizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 11 years ago

I had a chance to play the Avengers tester at Gameworks too this week.

It sure was pretty! I like the silver art on the sides. It's very well done, very *modern* compared to the art style on X-Men. Seemed like the box art you see on newer PS3 and 360 games. The art is terrific. Looks almost holographic in the center. As far as art is concerned, its basically fantastic.

The gameplay? It felt like it could use a slight redesign, either that or the machine needs to be screwed together again? I mean it *is* a test machine. Zach Sharpe had put up a high score on it by the time I got there.

Basically the game has a shot for each Avenger. When others say they are tight shots, that's definitely true. As a fairly new player (I started playing 9 months ago), I had issues starting modes; I was only able to start one or two across 4-5 credits.

The sound is great; I loved all the humor in the callouts, especially during the bonus. I don't take the Avengers too seriously, and it was nice to play a game that didn't take them seriously either IMO. To each his or her own.

The Hulk area is confusing. I still don't quite understand how its supposed to work. I think you have to knock down the drop targets and then hit the hulk saucer next to it - I think that's how I started hulk multiball. Or did I have to hit hulk? The hulk saucer was kinda disconcerting - there was no eject shield under the saucer. Instead, there was just an open hole and you could see straight under the play field. When the kicker hit it, it launched the ball *up* the playfield instead of down, which was awkward - sometimes the ball would just drop back in the saucer. It was a fit and finish thing that made me scratch my head a bit.

I found the Black Widow shot to be disappointing. Basically its this tight turn ramp in the middle of the playfield with a spinner mounted on it. If you don't hit the ramp exactly right, the ball comes back. I think mounting the spinner on it is part of the problem - the spinner slows down the ball as it begins to turn the ramp corner. And the mode it gives you (Black Widow Fast Scoring) seemed kinda enh for all the work you had to do to get there. Black Widow's hotness did not translate to the mode.

TBH, this game feels like it needs a bit more work before its ready. But it sure was fun, I'll say that. If I had the 8K to throw down for it, I would be proud of it. But it definitely felt like a tester, something that was an initial production model that would be need to be tweaked and improved. If I owned it, I would probably have tried to screw it back together or move a few things around - change the type of posts on the shots or something like that.

Some other posters said that the X-Men and TF next to it at Gameworks were more fun, and I sadly have to agree with their assessment. But it is a tester; hopefully the next ones that come out work a bit more seamlessly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shpwizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-gomez-heard-you-were-gonna-post-mre-avs-vids-we-r-hungry?tu=Shpwizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.