(Topic ID: 33663)

George Gomez. More AV's vids? News on correcting issues. Crickets?

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
image.jpg
ACDC_TRAP.jpg
image.jpg
FSC.jpeg
Angry.gif
Aww.gif
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 11 years ago

question gambit was wondering hows the shaker motor on this does it really add to the gameplay are the points where it shakes tied to specific sequences for hulk only seems the perfect table to have a shaker motor on and seems it would add to the immersion of the gameplay

#152 11 years ago

Here are some pictures of Hulk #97:

IMG_0295.jpgIMG_0295.jpg IMG_0296.jpgIMG_0296.jpg IMG_0298.jpgIMG_0298.jpg

#153 11 years ago

I looked at the Hulk arm location and it is clearly intentionally blocking the Hulk Smash target. I do not know which modes that the Hulk Smash target is supposed to be available to shoot, but it is definitely part of the game. I suspect that the ball hang ups just need to be shaken loose more frequently (a programming issue to make it like Hulk is swatting the ball). I have only played a few games with a high of 19 million and did not have any hang-ups but I am sure the ball will at least get behind the arm at some points.

I agree with Gambit. The glare from the mirrored backglass is the worst I have seen. Fortunately I already have a piece of Invisiglass ready to install.

Another thing I am not clear on is what the VUK is supposed to do with the ball. Right now mine weakly spits the ball in the general direction of Hulk but I do not know if it has the strength to actually get to him.

One question for others that have the game. Is there a code update that we are supposed to install yet?

#154 11 years ago

Invisiglass installed, and that is much better.

Shaker motors aren't really my thing. It fires when you hit any of the character shots, and during Hulk Multiball. Seems like it could be implemented a little more into regular Hulk hits and ball interaction. I had to go play a game just to watch for the shaker.

The Avengers Jet plastic really probably just needs to come off, to free up visibility to the top right corner. There is plenty on the PF, anyway. Don't know how to get visibility cleared up on the inlane inserts, but I will play with it.

Bonus multiplier is lighting all six inserts on the top drop throughs, which is a challenge. The skill shot is a standard "drop through the lit insert lane" shot, but when you hit it, both inserts for that lane are lit. It makes juggling the inserts lit as the ball is bouncing up there pretty challenging and fun. The inserts are cool, as they are the character symbols - so I want to clear that area to see them better.

The starts to the Hulk and Loki Multiballs are really good.

#155 11 years ago

Full day of play, trying to avoid "honeymoon opinion":

Really fun game.

Cool shots.

Simple rules, but not easy at all.

Coolest looking machine to date, and until WOZ lands.

Needs some code attention, but nowhere near as incomplete as XM at release. In fact, this code feels more polished out of the box than the current XM code.

There is too much dress up and plastic on the PF. This will need attention. Three problems areas, identified above: top right corner, Loki Lock plastic blocks Fury target completely, inlanes obscured. My initial thoughts are: (1)the Jet plastic needs to be eliminated in the top right corner - exposing a diverter coil, ala ACDC Bass Drum Mod cover issue. (2)Loki Lock plastic may need to be eliminated completely. There is nowhere else to locate it that I can identify. It is a physical lock, almost exactly like the sword locks on LOTR. We don't have nor need an Aragorn Lock Light, because you see the balls locked right there. Same thing here. (3) the dual layered plastics that cover the inlane inserts need to have at least some window to see if the insert is lit or not. This could be as simple as drilling a small hole in the plastic, just to see the light.

THOR drop targets are hard to see. I looked at the drops on the left side of TRON in comparison, and TRON is at a slight angle toward you, and the plastic on top of the area is slightly thinner.

I still have yet to experience anything that I would consider a trapped ball issue on Hulk's arm that needs attention.

#156 11 years ago

Thanks again for the thoughts Gambit. With respect to the current code, do the modes play out as described in today's video by Gomez on the pro (i.e. is the Thor mode a Thor vs. Hulk mode? Or is IM's mode just "hit IM 4 more times?). No video of the LE's that I have seen have shown how the modes work in the shipped code.

Have a great Christmas and enjoy the game!

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks again for the thoughts Gambit. With respect to the current code, do the modes play out as described in today's video by Gomez on the pro (i.e. is the Thor mode a Thor vs. Hulk mode? Or is IM's mode just "hit IM 4 more times?). No video of the LE's that I have seen have shown how the modes work in the shipped code.
Have a great Christmas and enjoy the game!

I was able to start the Thor mode tonight but I was so busy playing I did not pay attention to the goal or whether it was Thor vs. Hulk. I will get a better grasp next time for sure. When a pin is new there is so much to take in.

I definitely see a mod in the future for the Loki lock lights plastic and the inlane plastics. Both are blocking the view of targets/inserts as Gambit mentioned. You cannot see Nick Fury at all from the player position.
For the inlane plastics, Maybe Pinbits or Laseriffic could make clear inlane plastics that are identical to the existing plastic and then a scan of the original plastic could be used to make a decal that has a viewing area cut out.

As far as scoring, it seems to me that the game is in the ACDC/TRON difficulty range as I have about the same number of games played with those as I do with Avengers and the scores and ball times seem comparable by my best estimate.

#158 11 years ago

I have not seen any of the VS. modes. I have had Hulk, Black Widow and Thor lit. Iron Man is the toughest shot in the game, IMO. I have started all modes other than IM.

This game is fun. There will be complaints about the visibility, rightfully so. But it can and will be corrected.

Top score so far is 53M. A ton of that was on a huge bonus multiplier, that I'm not sure how I collected.

#159 11 years ago

Sounds like the versus modes aren't done yet. Probably will be in the first code update.

#160 11 years ago

Gomez added comments on Facebook respecting the LE video. He said there is "more code on Monday" and "lotsa goodies".

Maybe code updates for TF, Xmen and Avengers all on Christmas Eve. That would be a nice gift.

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Gomez added comments on Facebook respecting the LE video. He said there is "more code on Monday" and "lotsa goodies".
Maybe code updates for TF, Xmen and Avengers all on Christmas Eve. That would be a nice gift.

Yep he also mentioned that they wanted the real actors like RDJ, but they werent interested.
If they went for them then the pin would have been in the 20K range he said.
So Stern initially tried to get them, but money, was like to be expected a problem.

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Yep he also mentioned that they wanted the real actors like RDJ, but they werent interested.
If they went for them then the pin would have been in the 20K range he said.
So Stern initially tried to get them, but money, was like to be expected a problem.

What about celebrity impersonators ?

There are alot of good ones, and they dont get 5 million a gig...

They have been doing it in pins for years..

Sega ie. Stern used to do it all the time, as did B/W's...

I call bullshit on that, if they wanted real, or realistic voicing, they could have done it no problem...

Its not like the Marvel "approved" voice actors did it for free...

a bit more money over the Marvel people wouldnt have killed Stern, and woulda made alot of us MUCH happier...

dot dot dot

It would have made a world of difference, over what they did....

#163 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I definitely see a mod in the future for the Loki lock lights plastic and the inlane plastics. Both are blocking the view of targets/inserts as Gambit mentioned. You cannot see Nick Fury at all from the player position.
For the inlane plastics, Maybe Pinbits or Laseriffic could make clear inlane plastics that are identical to the existing plastic and then a scan of the original plastic could be used to make a decal that has a viewing area cut out.

can you move the loki lock lights to where it is on the Pro to maintain some height as it is quite a flat game.
it's a idea and a fairly large mod, part maybe the lhs and rhs ramps could be replaced with some wire forms ramps - I know it is alot of effort but allowing the in lanes near the slings to be seen easily.

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

True but i have been getting phone calls and email out the wazoo bout the re occuring issues..
Seems so far that everyone that has contacted me, is reiterating the same problems...
Korn even made the point clear about you cant play a single game without it geting stuck in one way or another...
is what it is i guess....
cant wait to hear the rest of the guys reviews...
My buddy is setting his up as we speak....
i would imagine i will be getting another call sooner than later...
If he wasnt 5 hrs away i'd be in the truck right now on my wy there, but i cant break the plans i have this evening...
i truly want to like this game...

Dude seriously. Give it a rest until you play your own game. To be totally honest, if the ball pauses once per game for a *whole* 5 seconds on the moving hulk arm, big deal. And there may not even be a problem. I have an xmen. Was I in panic bitching about the aux board before I even opened it? No and thankfully so as its never gone out. Should I have been bitching about my acdc cannon issues when my game had none? How about play your game and enjoy it. Then evaluate it and see what needs to be done then. Constant ragging on a game that you don't have that you have never seen for problems that "people report on the phone" is near nutso

#165 11 years ago

You know we are all waiting for holy crap this game rocks post from Gerry : )

#166 11 years ago

Thanks for the update Gambit, if the game is fun but there are visibilty issues, this game could be a success. Just need some mods to help out the trouble spots.

#167 11 years ago

Will post my mini review up later today: played hulk le for 4 plus hrs yesterday

#168 11 years ago

This seems like one of the smoothest releases stern has had in a while, and people are still riding their nuts.

I've consumed every piece of Avengers pinball media I can find, and I think the game looks sweet as hell.

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or maybe they're all taking their turn rubbing their ballsacks all over your game. Hey, it's like an autographed edition...sorta.

Post of the year! All hail RareHero!

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Gerry's karma points have gone from 9k to 15k on avengers alone!

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

What about celebrity impersonators ?
There are alot of good ones, and they dont get 5 million a gig...
They have been doing it in pins for years..
Sega ie. Stern used to do it all the time, as did B/W's...
I call bullshit on that, if they wanted real, or realistic voicing, they could have done it no problem...
Its not like the Marvel "approved" voice actors did it for free...
a bit more money over the Marvel people wouldnt have killed Stern, and woulda made alot of us MUCH happier...
dot dot dot
It would have made a world of difference, over what they did....

The fact that "Marvel approved" actors exist tells me that Marvel doesn't want other voice actors doing their characters. My guess is that impersonators weren't an option.

#172 11 years ago

FYI, MY LE arrived last night as a surprise b-day present from the missus.

Withholding review until I play more. Was in a state of shock last night.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#173 11 years ago

Awesome!!

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

MY LE arrived last night as a surprise b-day present from the missus.

Awesome! Happy Bday and enjoy!

#175 11 years ago

FYI, MY LE arrived last night as a surprise b-day present from the missus.
Withholding review until I play more. Was in a state of shock last night.

You're a lucky man! Congrats!

#176 11 years ago

I got up this morning wanting to immediately go play the game. That's a good sign.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I have not seen any of the VS. modes. I have had Hulk, Black Widow and Thor lit. Iron Man is the toughest shot in the game, IMO. I have started all modes other than IM.
This game is fun. There will be complaints about the visibility, rightfully so. But it can and will be corrected.
Top score so far is 53M. A ton of that was on a huge bonus multiplier, that I'm not sure how I collected.

53M? I'm impressed! I can't break 28! Have no real clue as to rules yet. IM shot is a bitch. Coil pulse needs to be set to hard...and pitch of game is very important, especially in limiting ball hangups around Hulk.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I got up this morning wanting to immediately go play the game. That's a good sign.

Sometimes I think "one more game factor" is a bad thing! Usually means the game is kicking your ass. TFLE has that quality form me, as does my CSI, and Avengers would appear to be the same. It's the most beautiful pin I've ever laid eyes on too.

#179 11 years ago

53M? I'm impressed! I can't break 28! Have no real clue as to rules yet. IM shot is a bitch. Coil pulse needs to be set to hard...and pitch of game is very important, especially in limiting ball hangups around Hulk.

That game was the outlier, for sure. I completed Thor and Hulk and had Widow and Cap lit. Then the final bonus was 8X, and I don't have any clue how. But it added like 12.5M to the score at the end.

I have also played with pitch. There is a sweet spot here. It doesn't want to be steep like ACDC, that is for sure. That makes the Widow ramp much tougher and slower, and even makes the skill shot plunge tough to get to the top.

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

After playing the game more last night, I have a feeling Gerry will be saying something similar to what you said

#181 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

After playing the game more last night, I have a feeling Gerry will be saying something similar to what you said

Gerry's been quiet lately- he may be playing it and loving it!

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I know what you mean. Those games are mostly the ones that stay the longest.

#183 11 years ago

DCFAN,
did you see Buddys pic of the Hulk and Woz together. You are in for a world of green : )

#184 11 years ago

I had this problem on XMEN. I ended up wrapping the flouescent tube in printer paper and it toned down the brightness so I can see the top of the playfield and the backglass is still a uniform brightness. Cheap and a 5 minute task and it made a huge difference.

Quoted from gambit3113:

If you bought a Hulk LE, accept that are going to have to invest in Invisiglass or PDI glass. The reflection of the mirrored back glass is the worst I have seen since TSPP.

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

DCFAN,
did you see Buddys pic of the Hulk and Woz together. You are in for a world of green : )

Yes I did, but I will not be putting them next to each other. I like to spread the green so to speak

I will probably do an order something like Hulk/SM/WOZLE/LOTR to get the similar themes together (and that will also separate the greens).

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I had this problem on XMEN. I ended up wrapping the flouescent tube in printer paper and it toned down the brightness so I can see the top of the playfield and the backglass is still a uniform brightness. Cheap and a 5 minute task and it made a huge difference.

Oh and I added a glare guard for the DMD glare. The backbox glare is way lower on the playfield than the DMD glare. Phew!

#187 11 years ago

could you take a good picture of your backglass? I am curious to see what it looks like; George said the backglass for the boue version was awesome looking
thanks
d rock

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

could you take a good picture of your backglass? I am curious to see what it looks like; George said the backglass for the boue version was awesome looking
thanks
d rock

George was hyping the version that is moving slower sales-wise? Colour me shocked! Shocked I say.

#189 11 years ago

Heard from severel people that have saw it that the blue version looks really sweet not just george.

#190 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

George was hyping the version that is moving slower sales-wise? Colour me shocked! Shocked I say.

Maybe it has more mirror effect on it? It's hard to show that in pictures.

#191 11 years ago

you need to take the bulb out the glare is so damn bad on this one

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Don't know how to get visibility cleared up on the inlane inserts, but I will play with it.

Replacement (homemade) clear plastics?

#193 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

DCFAN,

He just needs a Shrek.

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from PeteM:

Replacement (homemade) clear plastics?

The replacements would need to have the slots to mount the flasher domes so we really need a professional like Laseriffic or pinbits.

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dude seriously. Give it a rest until you play your own game. To be totally honest, if the ball pauses once per game for a *whole* 5 seconds on the moving hulk arm, big deal. And there may not even be a problem. I have an xmen. Was I in panic bitching about the aux board before I even opened it? No and thankfully so as its never gone out. Should I have been bitching about my acdc cannon issues when my game had none? How about play your game and enjoy it. Then evaluate it and see what needs to be done then. Constant ragging on a game that you don't have that you have never seen for problems that "people report on the phone" is near nutso

Hopefully if anything was acomplished by all my fanatical ranting about know issues, maybe, just maybe Stern will actually try to correct the games in wait for shippment before they shove them out the door to us...

would that be a bad thing for any of us? i think not.

and i am glad to hear gambits views, sounds good, in alot of respects, and i like to hear about the experience of players that actually have them at home, there is some light at the end of the tunnel here....

but that doesent mean tht all is perfect in paradise either....

#196 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So far DC and Gambit, i'm sure i will love the PF, and the gameplay..

I have not really doubted that since i picked up the phone and pre ordered..

The PF layout i love, very different and thats what i'm looking for...

And i am more than excited to get my hand on it...

#197 11 years ago

Now i am getting hammered about my viewpoint on audio...

As i recal, i cant remember anyone saying early on " i think custom speach in AV's is gonna be awesome"

Pinball related callouts are a great idea..we need them..we want them. yes, but they did a movie themed pin with pics and art displaying movie characters, FROM A MOVIE...not comics...

guys were, and still are, bitching about XM ( which i owned ) about the voice actors, as well as many other Stern titles in the past...

I am starting to think, guys that now have the game, and are enjoying the PF shots, and yes, the good points of gameplay on AV's... are making excuses, or justifying the game audio, rather than calling a spade a spade....

Its "OK" to like a game and not like the audio...

It has humor, awesome, but woudnt the humor of say, "IM", be better with a voice that sounded like IM at least ?

With Stern competing with JJ and Jpop, skit-b,

And Stern using a cheaper BOM on their games, one would think this title would have been produced to set a new benchmark for them, in "overall" experience..

Provide and acurate, and compeling game to make a statement, a complete and extremely well integrated package...

Overall integration is EVERYTHING in pinball, all of the A title, most well like pins are succesfull because of the best of the best in overall integration...

As to the Marvel "approved" thing...

In IM, i understand that Jarvis is a voice impersonator, is he? Hmmmm

Isnt IM Marvel ? Hmmmm

Did Stern skip this step, in light of cost cutting on one of their most expensive titles outside of AC/DC ?

When you purchase a lisence for a movie, dont you get the movie audio, as in IM ? or did Sern just purchase piture this time ? Hmmmm

IM was 3800 NIB, and they were able to do it in a compelling way to bring the "movie" into the game, hell IM makes you think your in the movie while your playing....

From everything i have heard in the vids audio wise, it seems AV's fall way short of that...

George says, "we wanted to use the real actors, but they werent interested and it woulda cost too much".. so they bring us inert voices instead... voices from Marvel toys, not a MOVIE...

I dont think there are probably but a handfull of guys that "DONT" like the audio in IM, a Marvel pin !

The audio in AV's shoulda been a no brainer.. with 2hrs of a movies audio they should been able to build 2 AV's pins.. with different rulesets, and totaly different clips for both... and still had material left over...to work on a home addition even..

Just sayin...

They have already had great succes with a Marvel pin, IM...why deviate from one of the best audio platforms ever implimented, and go the route they did with this one....

I hope i can get past that with AV's.... AS I CANT WAIT TO PLAY IT !

Its a huge disappointment that they didnt go the IM route for the audio, as it seems to be a no brainer here....

Potentialy one of the best pinball themes ever, that could have been top notch and over the top in ALL aspects, brought down a notch, to mediocracy, with the audio choices made here...,

I think they wasted a great opprotunity to make a near perfect package here..

Stern knows what we want, they know what we like, they know what we ask for, and they still make choices that just seem to be the cheap or easier way out...

The audio choice was a no brainer, and they used something that "ISNT" related in the slightest to this blockbuster movie...

Can what Stern gave us for audio in AV's be somewaht entertaining? yeah sure ..... but did they make the right call.... with the material they had at their disposal ?

IMO..... Absolutely NOT !

If AV's = IM, in the audio department, AV's would be king of the hill....

Even if the gameplay was marginal, the audio coulda helped carry the pin somewhat...

Im done, i dont even think there is a question which would have been the right choice...

Im glad some of you guys have your home, and are having fun.....

Wish i was in that club right now...

#198 11 years ago

Marvel approved voice actor doesn't really mean anything.

Marvel has to approve the audion used in the game. If I sneezed and that was used in the game, my sneeze would be "Marvel Approved".

#199 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Marvel approved voice actor doesn't really mean anything.
Marvel has to approve the audion used in the game. If I sneezed and that was used in the game, my sneeze would be "Marvel Approved".

LOL

#200 11 years ago

Gerry,
I fealt the same way you did about the audio until; I played it. The audio is great. Hulk sounds awesome and so do the other avengers too; the only one thats sounds off is nick fury, but even if they used the same people to do the voices as xmen the call outs are done better on avengers for sure. Like I said I think when you play it; you will have no more gripes about the voices.
ps LOKI's voice is well badazz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-gomez-heard-you-were-gonna-post-mre-avs-vids-we-r-hungry/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.