(Topic ID: 33663)

George Gomez. More AV's vids? News on correcting issues. Crickets?

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
image.jpg
ACDC_TRAP.jpg
image.jpg
FSC.jpeg
Angry.gif
Aww.gif

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 11 years ago

OK. If it is Star Trek themed designed by Ritchie and programmed by Lyman I am in on the preorder despite my proselytizing. weak sauce for sure lol

#102 11 years ago

Why would they give a shit when they are selling at a good rate?

#103 11 years ago

Piss enogh people off, and you wont be selling anything...

4-7K is not $49.95 for a blender...

Its common sense..

Sooner or later people will stop paying for junk...

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Piss enogh people off, and you wont be selling anything...
4-7K is not $49.95 for a blender...
Its common sense..
Sooner or later people will stop paying for junk...

I feel the same, but it hasn't happened yet. Games are still selling out before they have been built as of right now. Stern is landing some blockbuster themes, so that is helping the sales.

#105 11 years ago

Gerry if you are so disappointed in the game why not cancel your preorder i dont understand how someone can bash the game on every single avengers thread but is still willing to drop 7k on it its laughable Im not trying to be hostile and everyone is entitled to there opinion of course but i just dont get the logic Im so disappointed with so many aspects of this game without playing it yet im still gonna buy it...... Personally I think the game will be great in the end I think gomez really cares about the pins he designs and of course it seems there are always some QC issues that pop up but the bottom line is you either buy them and deal with them as they arise or you dont buy them but what good is complaining gonna do if you are still purchasing the game

#106 11 years ago

Gerry I agree with you and im on your side. We all want to see the next best game that is going to rock! With the big Avengers title you would think. If they do Star Trek next do you think they are going to have a problem with pre orders? Im going to guess no. If they do Metallica? nope no pre order problems there. When will they have a pre order problem? I dont see it bc of the demand. Piss people off you say. I know a guy that bought a TFLE and sold it in the first 30 days. He was pissed off bc he had such high hopes for the game. He bought an AC/DC premium and forgot all about the TFLE. I was talking to him the other day and he said he wanted another TFLE.

#107 11 years ago

Picked up my Hulk #21 today. Going to install mirror blades and PDI .

image.jpgimage.jpg

#108 11 years ago

Nice tatman enjoy the new pin!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#110 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked up my Hulk #21 today. Going to install mirror blades and PDI .

Congrats

#111 11 years ago

Hulk 131 just got dropped off. Going to unbox here in a few.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Gerry if you are so disappointed in the game why not cancel your preorder i dont understand how someone can bash the game on every single Avengers thread but is still willing to drop 7k on it its laughable Im not trying to be hostile and everyone is entitled to there opinion of course but i just dont get the logic Im so disappointed with so many aspects of this game without playing it yet im still gonna buy it...... Personally I think the game will be great in the end I think gomez really cares about the pins he designs and of course it seems there are always some QC issues that pop up but the bottom line is you either buy them and deal with them as they arise or you dont buy them but what good is complaining gonna do if you are still purchasing the game

I am bashing them for dropping the ball...

And i have explained in detail why i still wanna give the game a shot...

In particular, the layout GG did, as it is way different from most all of the other offeringslately from Stern or anybody else for that matter...

If you never bitch about legitimate stuff they will never listen... and it will continue to be the norm.

hell they still may never listen... if you do nothing it will NEVER change...

love the theme, and am really interested in PF layout..

If the rules turn out fun, i may keep it...

although i am pretty sure i will hate the call outs forever, and that may very well be a deciding factor in me selling it off... we will see.

I'm gonna find out for myself....

Glimmers of hope are pretty much dwindling but some are still there...

But my bitches are legit, not just for me, but i would think for all of us...

this isnt all about me...

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from apimomfan2:

Gerry, you've been reported for continuing abuse of profanity in your posts.

Thank you sir, while your at it, please feel free to scour other threads, of which i am NOT included as i'm sure you will find an enormous amount of other material and people to report as well... dot dot dot

and happy holidays

#114 11 years ago

congrats gambit and tatman please post first impressions when you can hope its awesome

#115 11 years ago

Yeah that profanity abuse crap was low. He is an oddball
Gerry. You have to chill unti you play it. You may love it. Forum hype is an evil monster ; )

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

If you never bitch about legitimate stuff they will never listen... and it will continue to be the norm.
hell they still may never listen... if you do nothing it will NEVER change...

But if you bitch TOO much they'll think you're crazy. You bring up a lot of good points, but you've made them over and over. Wait till you play it- the LE looks really sweet!

#117 11 years ago

Ninefingers said
But if you bitch TOO much they'll think you're crazy. You bring up a lot of good points, but you've made them over and over. Wait till you play it- the LE looks really sweet!

my thoughts exactly give things a chance there are too many variables when you are watching videos there are only a few people that have them in there homes already more impressions and opinions are coming soon but to each there own some will like and some wont but reserve judgement for when you get it, could be great!!

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah that profanity abuse crap was low. He is an oddball
Gerry. You have to chill unti you play it. You may love it. Forum hype is an evil monster ; )

Man i wanna like it, and i really hope i do....

the whole thing has kinda burned me out too...

I was supposed to be on early delivery # 10 in line...

Guess thats not happening....

Other guys that bought through the same distributor have theirs sitting at the terminal, or home already...

MAYBE Sten held mine back to punish me for my bad language... LOL

Or better yet maybe, just maybe, they are paying special attention to my game, dialing it in, before they ship it to me, to prove a point, or just make me happy...

Time will tell LOL

I doubt thats happening though !

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I was supposed to be on early delivery # 10 in line...

Guess thats not happening....

Wait...you don't even have your game yet?? Why all the moaning and crying then? Wait until you get your game and then make your decision about whether or not to bitch.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Ninefingers said
my thoughts exactly give things a chance there are too many variables when you are watching videos there are only a few people that have them in there homes already more impressions and opinions are coming soon but to each there own some will like and some wont but reserve judgement for when you get it, could be great!!

True but i have been getting phone calls and email out the wazoo bout the re occuring issues..

Seems so far that everyone that has contacted me, is reiterating the same problems...

Korn even made the point clear about you cant play a single game without it geting stuck in one way or another...

is what it is i guess....

cant wait to hear the rest of the guys reviews...

My buddy is setting his up as we speak....

i would imagine i will be getting another call sooner than later...

If he wasnt 5 hrs away i'd be in the truck right now on my wy there, but i cant break the plans i have this evening...

i truly want to like this game...

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Wait...you don't even have your game yet?? Why all the moaning and crying then? Wait until you get your game and then make your decision about whether or not to bitch.

I have eyes, i can see, and i can read...

all the vids and reports thus far confirm the same thing....seemingly over an over...

yet another poorly tested, banged out game..

i does NOT make me happy...

end of story...

and if you guys think i am just sitting here posting for no reason, most of my posts are in response to others posts....

yes i started these conversaations for the most part, but i am discussing it with all of you that respond...

Carry on !

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You have to chill unti you play it. You may love it. Forum hype is an evil monster ; )

I have to agree with this. I don't think AC/DC or Tron were well loved early on either.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

MAYBE Sten held mine back to punish me for my bad language... LOL
Or better yet maybe, just maybe, they are paying special attention to my game, dialing it in, before they ship it to me, to prove a point, or just make me happy...

Or maybe they're all taking their turn rubbing their ballsacks all over your game. Hey, it's like an autographed edition...sorta.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or maybe they're all taking their turn rubbing their ballsacks all over your game. Hey, it's like an autographed edition...sorta.

roflmao...

I would know as i'm quite familiar with the smell.... LOL

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

roflmao...

It's the Ballin LE edition

#126 11 years ago

Too funny,
I am number 5 . I bet the special low numbers got an extra once over. That why we were last. : )

#127 11 years ago

Ernest is working on it still...

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from Gerry:

roflmao...

Now that is funny! Yours is already worth 10k!

#129 11 years ago

Lmao rarehero I think thats exactly whats happening lol

#130 11 years ago

First impressions after about 5 games:

This machine is unique. It is unlike anything I own, or have ever owned.

First impressions out of the box are that it is more fun than XM was out of the box.

You CAN stack modes. I started Black Widow (that ramp flows great on my machine) and Hulk Multiball on the same shot to the Widow ramp, dumping it into the Hulk Sacuer.

Iron Man shot is very tight.

Hulk toy is really cool. Bridge throw is very cool, too. When the bridge is up, Widow ramp shots launch into Hulk.

I have not paid any attention to scoring balance or code, really. It shipped with v1.1 code.

This is the best looking machine I own. The powder coat is beautiful.

I had one instance of the ball sticking, but it was due to Hulk bashing his hands down right as the ball was there. It cleared in about 1 second. I see what some people are having concerns about with the ball being behind the drop targets when they reset, but there are opening on either side for the ball to come out, and I think it has been really overblown. We are talking a second or two here. There is no problem with flow or speed on this pin.

I don't mind the voices and callouts at all. Again, I recognize these voices from my kid's toys and cartoons. The voice work on this one is leaps and bounds better than XM.

Calm down, Gerry. You just might like the hell out of this game. I am NOT one bit sorry that I own it.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

roflmao...

Is THAT what that "NIB Smell" is!? lol

#132 11 years ago

Glad you got it and like it so far Gambit. Great Christmas present! As you play more, I'd love to hear more of your thoughts.

#133 11 years ago

Thanks Gambit. Of course now the wait until Wednesday is just a little bit harder.

#134 11 years ago

Light show is amazing. Lots of color on this thing.

My first game, I just didn't quite get it. I liked it more the second game. By the third game, I had the Widow shot down and stated getting it. The last couple of games have been fun. I am more pleased that it feels fresh and original than anything.

The cube spins amazingly smooth.

The left inlane is completely blocked from view, reminiscent of AC/DC's right inlane/outlane.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ew...

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My first game, I just didn't quite get it. I liked it more the second game. By the third game, I had the Widow shot down and stated getting it. The last couple of games have been fun. I am more pleased that it feels fresh and original than anything.
The left inlane is completely blocked from view, reminiscent of AC/DC's right inlane/outlane.

Congrats !
Thanks for the update , light show looks pretty awesome from the videos .
Hows that back right hand ramp ?

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You CAN stack modes. I started Black Widow (that ramp flows great on my machine) and Hulk Multiball on the same shot to the Wodow ramp, dumping it into the Hulk Sacuer.

This is GREAT news on the stacking... ME HAPPY !

Quoted from gambit3113:This machine is unique. It is unlike anything I own, or have ever owned.

this is why i pre ordered... I loved that it seems way different....

I like games with tight shots.. big +

I see what some people are having concerns about with the ball being behind the drop targets when they reset, but there are opening on either side for the ball to come out, and I think it has been really overblown. We are talking a second or two here

This i never had an issue with, to be expected and i have othe games that do the same thing...

I don't mind the voices and callouts at all. Again, I recognize these voices from my kid's toys and cartoons. The voice work on this one is leaps and bounds better than XM.

This could bug me...have to wait on that till it gets here....

hated the callouts in XM, as i agin thought they were cheap sounding as if the voice actors were in the studio just jonesin to get it done and get the F outta there..

Not using IMPERSONATORS was a big mistake in my opinion, it is supposed to be a movie theme, not the kmart closeout special toy pin...

I have and have had pins with impersonators used, and have been more than fine with that...

these callouts not so much..

I am looking forward to the game itself just not Sterns lazy sub par Sh%T !

Thanks for posting.... it is an awesome looking pin for sure !

Have fun with it this weekend....

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Congrats !
Thanks for the update , light show looks pretty awesome from the videos .
Hows that back right hand ramp ?

The left orbit is the Haweye shot, which loops around and up onto that ramp to the arrow ramp across the PF, back to the left flipper. If you have Loki Locks lot, it diverts down to the lock on the right, instead of going to the arrow ramp. It is a cool shot. The ball really covers a lot of real estate.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I like games with tight shots.. big +

You like your games like you like your women...tight and filled with George Gomez's balls!!!

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

First impressions after about 5 games:
First impressions out of the box are that it is more fun than XM was out of the box.
You CAN stack modes. I started Black Widow (that ramp flows great on my machine) and Hulk Multiball on the same shot to the Widow ramp, dumping it into the Hulk Sacuer.
Hulk toy is really cool. Bridge throw is very cool, too. When the bridge is up, Widow ramp shots launch into Hulk.
I have not paid any attention to scoring balance or code, really. It shipped with v1.1 code.
This is the best looking machine I own. The powder coat is beautiful.
I had one instance of the ball sticking, but it was due to Hulk bashing his hands down right as the ball was there. It cleared in about 1 second. I see what some people are having concerns about with the ball being behind the drop targets when they reset, but there are opening on either side for the ball to come out, and I think it has been really overblown. We are talking a second or two here. There is no problem with flow or speed on this pin.
Calm down, Gerry. You just might like the hell out of this game. I am NOT one bit sorry that I own it.

Quoted from gambit3113:

That's awesome Gambit, great news and comforting to hear, how about the inserts on the right and near the pop lanes - intersting to hear your thoughts.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You like your games like you like your women...tight and filled with George Gomez's balls!!!

IF the money,s rite !

or is it right ? LOL

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

IF the money,s rite !
or is it right ? LOL

Have you been possessed by the ghost of B_R!? lol

#143 11 years ago

Very possible

#144 11 years ago

All - thought I would chime in as well - I picked up my Avengers LE #56 from Trent last night and have been putting it thru its paces......I have to say that I really like the game so far even at its early code 1.1 - a very unique layout and just fun to play. I know the Hulk LE's are getting all the love in the looks department and deservedly so but have to say I am very impressed with the look of the Avengers LE in person - beautiful backglass and I like the metallic powdercoating and..... well afterall it is an Avengers machine, so good to see all of them represented on the backglass and cabinet yes there are a few ball hang up issues but the hulk arm one is really not a big deal in my opinion - you can adjust him a bit lower so his arms trigger easier - and yes you may still get one here and there - the ball search triggers very fast - Trent was on the phone with George last night and early purchasers have been giving feedback on any and all issues to be addressed. Long story short - I agree with Gambit in I already enjoy this machine far better than I did Xmen LE at the same point in time - the stacking, theme and shots are just fun - I also was concerned about the voices, but I actually think they are pretty decent and are pinball specific in many instances which is a plus in my book - yes I would like movie quotes too - but I think give it a listen and you will find them decent and fit the game well. This game will also be a fun one to mod a bit my guess - the theme just lends itself to some good pin geek mods yet to come! lol Anyways - keep flippin and enjoy - its pinball afterall - not the end of the world!!! at least as of 11:11 today that is!!! lol Chris

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

That's awesome Gambit, great news and comforting to hear, how about the inserts on the right and near the pop lanes - intersting to hear your thoughts.

The inlane inserts (O and K in L-O-K-I) are almost completely obscured by the plastics.

The lights at the top are interesting. There are 6 - two for each drop through. The two on the right are tough to see. There is a plastic jet that is purely decorative that is in the way. I will play around with the positioning.

The Nick Fury target is blocked by the plastic Loki Lock sign. Can't see it at all.

My only complaint so far is that there are some odd line-of-sight choices.

#146 11 years ago

If you bought a Hulk LE, accept that are going to have to invest in Invisiglass or PDI glass. The reflection of the mirrored back glass is the worst I have seen since TSPP.

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If you bought a Hulk LE, accept that are going to have to invest in Invisiglass or PDI glass. The reflection of the mirrored back glass is the worst I have seen since TSPP.

It was pretty darn bad on the pro as well. In my video, you can barely see the upper part of the playfield because of the glare.

#148 11 years ago

thanks gambit and ckorth

excellent news, you have eased my mind, a bit of a wait for us Aussies.

Agree there will be a few mods coming out for this one.

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The inlane inserts (O and K in L-O-K-I) are almost completely obscured by the plastics.
The lights at the top are interesting. There are 6 - two for each drop through. The two on the right are tough to see. There is a plastic jet that is purely decorative that is in the way. I will play around with the positioning.
The Nick Fury target is blocked by the plastic Loki Lock sign. Can't see it at all.
My only complaint so far is that there are some odd line-of-sight choices.

Thanks for the update- let us know if anything can be tweaked to make visibility better.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would highly recommend a glare guard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/george-gomez-heard-you-were-gonna-post-mre-avs-vids-we-r-hungry/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.