(Topic ID: 33663)

George Gomez. More AV's vids? News on correcting issues. Crickets?

By Gerry

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballHelp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg
image.jpg
ACDC_TRAP.jpg
image.jpg
FSC.jpeg
Angry.gif
Aww.gif

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Anxiously awaiting.

#2 6 years ago

Pfft, what do you need vids for? You bought one...just play it when it gets there

#3 6 years ago

I was supposed to be on early delivery but I have heard nothing so it might take a month who knows.

I think lots O people wanna see more. Don't you ?

I know I do !

#4 6 years ago

Gomez over promising and under delivering?

#5 6 years ago

Eh, I have a friend who's getting one, I'll play it in person soon enough.

#6 6 years ago

meh

After seeing the previous videos I do not think there is much else to really be excited for from a video. I will need to play it to really evaluate it any further.

I have seen the overall features and layout from the previous videos. I have seen the things I like and don't like. I am not sure what else another video can show me, especially if it is just more edited glamour shots.

I am more excited to see more player/pinsider videos and associated reviews. Those are more exciting and fun to me personally.

#7 6 years ago

Initial vid's, show issues....

Georges midnight vid posting, shows a pretty dialed in game...and shows there is some good fun to be had...

Vids from games shipped, and storys of gameplay from guys and gals that have put some time on it, NOT real promising...

I think its time a few good vids in HD with full length gameplay, showing some modes and etc are in order here...

show us the machine isnt gonna show up with a pile of issues...

Assure us BUYER's that if there are issues that they are going to or can be corrected, and that your not gonna stick us with a pian in the ass lemon, that requires home engineering to make it play right...

Speak to us, instead of NO REPONSE !...

I go UP on this game, then right back DOWN....

The midnight vid George put on was damage controll... countering the Gameworks fiasco...

I think there is more damage controll to be done... if this game is what it really should be...

#8 6 years ago

Maybe he got his pee pee smacked by Jody for posting that one lol

#9 6 years ago

It is in Sterns best interest to put minds at ease...

It only helps them sell more games and make more money...

And it shows that they care about the product, and the customer...

And tht they are willing to adress the issues at hand....

again a game that seems to be littered with issues out of the box... how can a game NOT be tested to extent before shoving it in a box and dumping on to the consumer... where is the R&D ?

I'm not just looking for vids, i am looking for some kind of public resopnse.."verbal" be it in a vid or what not...

These games at these prices should be of a quality that they should at least maintain a value nea or at what they cost, as the rest of the pins in the world dont seem to be getting any cheaper...

And they should be able to maintain a plateau of value because of good design and good quality...

I'm begining to wonder if Stern is even capable of such a thing or if they even care at all...

We shouldnt have to take it in the ass cause they cant develop a game and have it function smoothly, and have a ruleset, "code" that is at least 80 % complete and comprehensive...

#10 6 years ago

for the most part Stern does not care. They have the pro sold overseas and all the le's have been paid for. Now Gomez on the other hand cares.

Lets not forget that every person who bought a TF LE had high line voltage.........
Cue music.

#11 6 years ago

Maybe he got his pee pee smacked by Jody for posting that one lol

Maybe so...

But i think he did the right thing...

Somebody there should straighten this mess out...

Gotta give George credit for trying...

But they are far from doing enough, as far as i can see ...

#12 6 years ago

Well GG is the VP !

How can he NOT have a say or pull the trigger for us the consumer...

Its Sterns product, and Georges product....

If i designed this product or my company did, i'd be doing everything in my power to make shit right for my customer base....

There should only be one decision...make it right, and respond to your customers... ALOT !

No matter how often you have to...

#13 6 years ago

Gomez is vp of game design not the company. If you have recently jumped on the Stern train i can see how this is upsetting but honestly it has been going on since the sega days. The DE days where the good days for Stern.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Well GG is the VP !

How can he NOT have a say or pull the trigger for us the consumer...

Its Sterns product, and Georges product....

If i designed this product or my company did, i'd be doing everything in my power to make shit right for my customer base....

There should only be one decision...make it right, and respond to your customers... ALOT !

No matter how often you have to...

It will never change as long as people purchase sight unseen......guess you should wait next time.

#16 6 years ago

I got a email from GG on the 19th Dec saying

"Jady, In a couple of days I'll show you the video of the Pro. G"

He does care and is aware of what was being shown at Gameworks, hence trying to dial it in a little but that is why it is a test game. On a personal note if it were me I probably would have dialled it in before any machines were packed and sent but what is done is done, Pro video coming soon but probably need to watch for his releases, so those with his FB address keep tabs on it.

#17 6 years ago

AkumaZeto said :

It will never change as long as people purchase sight unseen......guess you should wait next time.

I dont mind buying without playing...I did wait to see the "PICS" before pulling the trigger...

None of us should have to worry about a game "functioning" correctly ! Thats unacceptable !

We "should" have to worry if we are going to like i or not. ! THATS IT ! aS thats a matter of individual taste !

I can live with that...

Where is the testing with this stuff ?

Here are some of the guys that have reported hands on experience with the game...

Xfassa
Jgoldstien
Gweem
Badbilly
Execjet
Doughslinger

Gweem and Execjet both Called me and discussed this game in lenght on the phone..shit it was 2hrs with Gweem... pointing out the good and the blah...

Everybody reported the same ball sticking issues, and some others as well..and we have seen it in the vids posted... over and over...

All the vids, except Georges...

The "FINAL'' whitewood, is made up of all the production parts... no renditions of them...or custom made parts... esentialy a production game with no art ...

That game shoulda been played at least 2K times... and the problems shoulda showed up Right away, as they have been on the production games..

Hell these guys i listed put a handfull of games and it has happened to ALL of them... immediately !

WTF ! there is NO way Stern can say they didnt know this was going on if the had "actually" tested this game the way any company should test its product.....

Its not like they havent had these problems before, and recently i might add, TF's, XM, etc...

I really thought they wouldnt bag on this game...

Imagine if car manufactuers did this shit level of testing... we'd all be dead !

the auto industry does extensive testing, and YES there are still recalls, but obvious shit doesnt generally get out the door... with problems at the first turn of the key...

those problems usually develope way later in the vehicles life...

This shit with Stern happens on ball one right out of the box !

I think its safe to say, there is little to no testing whatsoever...

And that just sucks !

This is no way to make your customer base comfortable with you or your product...

And it will certainly only hamper futer sales, and hurt their bottom line...

I know for sure I am out on any further NIB with these guys...

If JJ could make a them i dint think sucked, i would certainly go that route from now on...

Props to JJ for being late on WOZ, and refusing to deliver a piece of shit to his customers...

I'd take the wait all day every day over crap quality...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I got a email from GG on the 19th Dec saying
"Jady, In a couple of days I'll show you the video of the Pro. G"
He does care and is aware of what was being shown at Gameworks, hence trying to dial it in a little but that is why it is a test game. On a personal note if it were me I probably would have dialled it in before any machines were packed and sent but what is done is done, Pro video coming soon but probably need to watch for his releases, so those with his FB address keep tabs on it.

Hell the ones being shipped must be test games too for 7k...

they do the same shit !

that blows my mind...

I'm sure some or all of you guys that have been keeping up on the Avengers treads, read my post about...

Why i think Avengers will be a MONTER game...

I really believed that there was no way after previous issues that GG or Stern would allow this game to be yet another blunder out of the box..

I thought that this game would show the pride of the company, to answer all of the doubting Toms here, and show that they wanna produce a quality product...

Very disappointed !

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

AkumaZeto said :
I dont mind buying without playing...I did wait to see the "PICS" before pulling the trigger...
None of us should have to worry about a game "functioning" correctly ! Thats unacceptable !
We "should" have to worry if we are going to like i or not. ! THATS IT ! aS thats a matter of individual taste !
I can live with that...
Where is the testing with this stuff ?
Here are some of the guys that have reported hands on experience with the game...
Xfassa
Jgoldstien
Gweem
Badbilly
Execjet
Doughslinger
Gweem and Execjet both Called me and discussed this game in lenght on the phone..shit it was 2hrs with Gweem... pointing out the good and the blah...
Everybody reported the same ball sticking issues, and some others as well..and we have seen it in the vids posted... over and over...
All the vids, except Georges...
The "FINAL'' whitewood, is made up of all the production parts... no renditions of them...or custom made parts... esentialy a production game with no art ...
That game shoulda been played at least 2K times... and the problems shoulda showed up Right away, as they have been on the production games..
Hell these guys i listed put a handfull of games and it has happened to ALL of them... immediately !
WTF ! there is NO way Stern can say they didnt know this was going on if the had "actually" tested this game the way any company should test its product.....
Its not like they havent had these problems before, and recently i might add, TF's, XM, etc...
I really thought they wouldnt bag on this game...
Imagine if car manufactuers did this shit level of testing... we'd all be dead !
the auto industry does extensive testing, and YES there are still recalls, but obvious shit doesnt generally get out the door... with problems at the first turn of the key...
those problems usually develope way later in the vehicles life...
This shit with Stern happens on ball one right out of the box !
I think its safe to say, there is little to no testing whatsoever...
And that just sucks !
This is no way to make your customer base comfortable with you or your product...
And it will certainly only hamper futer sales, and hurt their bottom line...
I know for sure I am out on any further NIB with these guys...
If JJ could make a them i dint think sucked, i would certainly go that route from now on...
Props to JJ for being late on WOZ, and refusing to deliver a piece of shit to his customers...
I'd take the wait all day every day over crap quality...

Geez....I don't know if can handle any more NIB Stern releases! It's just getting so stressful.

#20 6 years ago

TPV info
pkp: 4,846 Macomb, MI 12

Geez....I don't know if can handle any more NIB Stern releases! It's just getting so stressful.

Yeah it blows...

And totaly sours me to no end !

Take something your supposed to be able to be excited about and happy aboput, and turn it into a stressfull, bothersome shit fest...

#21 6 years ago

The game is solid and fun to play. Is it perfect....no. What game is? Yes, the ball gets hung on Hulk's arm on occasion. It also gets shaken lose fairly quick. I wish I could say the same thing when Wolverine cradles an air ball. That requires the glass to come off.

All I am trying to say is the game is no where near as bad as some have implied. Personally, I look forward to leaving work everyday so I can go home and play.

I have done my best to deliver pics and videos showing the game for others to judge. End of the day, it's up to the individual playing to determine good or bad. Pinball is like pizza to me, some better than others but all good.

Those that have purchased it, enjoy it. Those considering it, go play and judge for yourself.

Happy holidays to all, be safe!

#22 6 years ago

Xfassa,
Thanks and well said : )

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The game is solid and fun to play. Is it perfect....no. What game is? Yes, the ball gets hung on Hulk's arm on occasion. It also gets shaken lose fairly quick. I wish I could say the same thing when Wolverine cradles an air ball. That requires the glass to come off.
All I am trying to say is the game is no where near as bad as some have implied. Personally, I look forward to leaving work everyday so I can go home and play.
I have done my best to deliver pics and videos showing the game for others to judge. End of the day, it's up to the individual playing to determine good or bad. Pinball is like pizza to me, some better than others but all good.
Those that have purchased it, enjoy it. Those considering it, go play and judge for yourself.
Happy holidays to all, be safe!

Thanks xfassa. Appreciate the vids and pics.

I'm looking forward to getting mine soon.

#24 6 years ago

Don't really see why the ball getting occasionally hung up on Hulk is a big deal. I mean 2 or 3 seconds of the ball not moving is what all the fuss is about? If it only happens every now and then fine.

#25 6 years ago

First of all, did you buy Avengers ?

and its not just 1 spot "under the arm"..watch some vids...

and it is a big deal... !

It was a F'ing big deal on TF's, and it is on this game too...

There are NO excuses for 7k, for this shit to happen and get shipped to us like this...

Test the game and make it right...before you dump it on your customers !

I dont see balls getting stuck on T2 and thats a $1500 game...

Not to mention cost cutting audio.... ridiculous...

said it before and will say it again...

You never get a second chance to make a first impression... !

#26 6 years ago

This isnt just about ME !

Its about all of us...

If you want a cool looking and limited production LE, then you gotta jump in...shit or get off the pot, and buck up some serious cash... NOT NOW..RIGHT NOW !

We knowingly gamble on how good the code will be...

And unfortunatly have to gamble on them being cheap with the audio.. never know what they will provide there

* This i will chance... *

Thats part of buying early... i get that part...

Shipping poor quality controlled procucts for that kind of money, after this is NOT their first rodeo with screwing up, is unacceptable....

I want the game, i just dont want it F'ed UP out of the box !

There is NO reason to have ANY of these playability issues, on a 4100 PRO, or a 7K LE... !

#27 6 years ago

I cant even believe i would need to argue this point....

Ughhhh really ?

#28 6 years ago

It might be premature to shit-hammer a game that hasnt even been delivered yet dont you think? Why so angry?

Angry.gif

#29 6 years ago

Chill out dude,
It's only pinball
If you are that upset about it, dont buy it, sell it or STFU

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

First of all, did you buy Avengers ?
and its not just 1 spot "under the arm"..watch some vids...
and it is a big deal... !
It was a F'ing big deal on TF's, and it is on this game too...
There are NO excuses for 7k, for this shit to happen and get shipped to us like this...
Test the game and make it right...before you dump it on your customers !
I dont see balls getting stuck on T2 and thats a $1500 game...
Not to mention cost cutting audio.... ridiculous...
said it before and will say it again...
You never get a second chance to make a first impression... !

What goes around comes around man. A business that continues to burn their customers is gonna get bit in the ass, no way around it. And to answer your question, yes I did buy one. I'm not gonna sit here and say that I am overly excited about what I've seen. It's starting to look like it was a bad decision. I don't know why I continue to trust Stern to put out a machine that isn't ripped to pieces by everyone the second it comes out. Maybe they can fix it? I don't know. What I do know is that all of us have been buying Stern games long enough to know this process. It shocks me on this forum when people get excited about stuff like this. This is standard procedure and we all know this when we write the check. At the end of day, all I can do is be happy with what I have.

#31 6 years ago

I think Gerry makes good points. From a "life" perspective, a few seconds is not that big of a deal. But from a pinball gameplay perspective it sucks. In single ball play, it seems like forever and really breaks up the flow of the game. Frustrating.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Chill out dude,It's only pinballIf you are that upset about it, dont buy it, sell it or STFU

If you don tlike what i am writing, dont F'in read it...

I think your'e the one that should STFU !

Obviously you didnt pay for one either...

What a D-BAG !

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It might be premature to shit-hammer a game that hasnt even been delivered yet dont you think? Why so angry?

I dont think its pre-mature at all...

They are shipping with issues... it is what it is...

NOT cool, and thats that...

Right now it deserves to be shit-hammered !

And so does Gomez and Stern for letting yet another game leave Chicago like that..

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Don't really see why the ball getting occasionally hung up on Hulk is a big deal. I mean 2 or 3 seconds of the ball not moving is what all the fuss is about? If it only happens every now and then fine.

I played a pro a few days ago...when the Hulk drop targets were down, i had the ball hang up behind his right hand 3 times in about 4 minutes..it took about 5 seconds for him to shake it loose...

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I played a pro a few days ago...when the Hulk drop targets were down, i had the ball hang up behind his right hand 3 times in about 4 minutes..it took about 5 seconds for him to shake it loose...

That would be nothing but aggravating !

It should never be that way...

#36 6 years ago

can i ask why all the dot dot dot ...

#37 6 years ago

It was very annoying..and i was just banging the ball around to get a feel..i imagine it would be even more annoying when you are trying to play a serious game..i called Stern to ask about this and what i was told is that they are aware of this on the pro model and apparently on the LE's it is not as much of a problem as there are a few small differences, one being a slight position change where Hulk sits i believe from what i was told..

Also when you look at the picture of Hulk on Stern website, his arms are raised. But closed position on the game down by the PF..The guy at Stern said you can asjust the stop position of his arms, but i am wondering if you can go high enough so the ball will not stop there????

#38 6 years ago

Gerry...

I bought one...

here ya go ...

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

can i ask why all the dot dot dot ...

You can ask whatever you want...did you ask B R why he types in the style he does too?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

If you don tlike what i am writing, dont F'in read it...
I think your'e the one that should STFU !
Obviously you didnt pay for one either...
What a D-BAG !

Why would I pay for a game I havent seen or played?
Oh yeah because it then gives me the right to bitch and moan.
No wonder Gary Stern is fed up with "the home market"
Chill out, drink a beer, smoke a marlboro, its not the end of the world, its just pinball.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

It makes The Flow Police cry, that's why.

Gerry -

1.) Use the quote function

2.) Get a refund and have a happy holiday!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

No wonder Gary Stern is fed up with "the home market"

When the home market can choose to buy a $200 Playstation 3 instead of a $7000 pinball machine, the LEAST you can do is heed the advice of your customers that are willingly waving $7000 in your face.

#43 6 years ago

First off i saw it.. thats why i bought it...

Secondly, I guess "REALLY" believing they wouldnt drop the ball AGAIN is my fault...

And as far as Gary fed up with the home market...Please !

If he didnt have us he'd be in the RED !

He ought to lick our hairy bean bags, for dumbly continuing to support his dog and pony show..

And for that he ought to put out a good well built finished and TESTED product...

I blame them for building machines that are seemingly plauged with issues...

And i blame myself for thinking they wouldnt...

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

And as far as Gary fed up with the home market...Please !
If he didnt have us he'd be in the RED !

Well said. There wouldn't be le machines being made without the home market. And that is where they make the most money. Stern wouldn't exist without us.

#45 6 years ago

Being a bit ... dramatic

#46 6 years ago

I had a chance to play the Avengers tester at Gameworks too this week.

It sure was pretty! I like the silver art on the sides. It's very well done, very *modern* compared to the art style on X-Men. Seemed like the box art you see on newer PS3 and 360 games. The art is terrific. Looks almost holographic in the center. As far as art is concerned, its basically fantastic.

The gameplay? It felt like it could use a slight redesign, either that or the machine needs to be screwed together again? I mean it *is* a test machine. Zach Sharpe had put up a high score on it by the time I got there.

Basically the game has a shot for each Avenger. When others say they are tight shots, that's definitely true. As a fairly new player (I started playing 9 months ago), I had issues starting modes; I was only able to start one or two across 4-5 credits.

The sound is great; I loved all the humor in the callouts, especially during the bonus. I don't take the Avengers too seriously, and it was nice to play a game that didn't take them seriously either IMO. To each his or her own.

The Hulk area is confusing. I still don't quite understand how its supposed to work. I think you have to knock down the drop targets and then hit the hulk saucer next to it - I think that's how I started hulk multiball. Or did I have to hit hulk? The hulk saucer was kinda disconcerting - there was no eject shield under the saucer. Instead, there was just an open hole and you could see straight under the play field. When the kicker hit it, it launched the ball *up* the playfield instead of down, which was awkward - sometimes the ball would just drop back in the saucer. It was a fit and finish thing that made me scratch my head a bit.

I found the Black Widow shot to be disappointing. Basically its this tight turn ramp in the middle of the playfield with a spinner mounted on it. If you don't hit the ramp exactly right, the ball comes back. I think mounting the spinner on it is part of the problem - the spinner slows down the ball as it begins to turn the ramp corner. And the mode it gives you (Black Widow Fast Scoring) seemed kinda enh for all the work you had to do to get there. Black Widow's hotness did not translate to the mode.

TBH, this game feels like it needs a bit more work before its ready. But it sure was fun, I'll say that. If I had the 8K to throw down for it, I would be proud of it. But it definitely felt like a tester, something that was an initial production model that would be need to be tweaked and improved. If I owned it, I would probably have tried to screw it back together or move a few things around - change the type of posts on the shots or something like that.

Some other posters said that the X-Men and TF next to it at Gameworks were more fun, and I sadly have to agree with their assessment. But it is a tester; hopefully the next ones that come out work a bit more seamlessly.

#47 6 years ago

I don't think being angry about dropping 7k on a faulty product is dramatic. It's not 50 bucks or crappy sandwich that you spent 2.99 on that you can go oh well and just walk away from. If you spent 7k on a car and every few miles it turned its engine off for 30-45 seconds you wouldn't be very happy. I don't see the difference the ball hang up stops the game the engine stops the car. Both are very expensive purchases.

#48 6 years ago

How is this considered a test game if they already shipped out Le games??? Does that mean all the games shipped are test games as well?

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

How is this considered a test game if they already shipped out Le games??? Does that mean all the games shipped are test games as well?

If you don't know what a test machine is, you should turn the knob down about complaining about it so much.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Does that mean all the games shipped are test games as well?

Didn't you know? Stern tests their games in people's homes. Happened with all their recent games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside